PDA

View Full Version : who are the liars that sell seedboxes? Post your experiences here.

phauk
01-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Hello :D I just thought this would be a good post, to identify all the people who lie and sell seedboxes/servers.

Whether it be:

the speed of the box
the specs of the box (or lack of info)
the amount of people who are using the box
the price of the box
the companies they say they offer (ie. say they offer usa seedboxes, when they only offer european ones)

the reason for this post was inspired by fsf [filesharingtalk still kicks fsf ass for reviews (as it's real people and accurate reviews), but it's nice to have an external source now and again]

the reason being is alot of people seem to be saying the exact same things... certain providers tell lies or suck for bandwidth or support.

so this post was created to help users stay away from certain people - please keep it clean, no slander, no people kissing ass of their own company (or your post will be reported) - just genunine, honest opinions.

jimbobc
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Seedboxup.com is an outright cyber-fraud. Basically, they lure you with their low price, take your money, and then disappear.

More details in this thread.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-seedbox-up-server-issue-364287

SeedboxUP
02-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Hello,

The previous owner of Seedbox UP has sold the business recently. I'm Christopher and i'm the new owner of Seedbox UP. The team and i will be trying hard to improve the reputation. We are deeply sorry for those who were scammed by the previous owner.

-Christopher Gulev

karachidude
02-06-2010, 04:44 PM
lol...u will work really very hard :D

Maisto
02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Hello,

The previous owner of Seedbox UP has sold the business recently. I'm Christopher and i'm the new owner of Seedbox UP. The team and i will be trying hard to improve the reputation. We are deeply sorry for those who were scammed by the previous owner.

-Christopher Gulev

What happens with seedboxup.com? the site is down. when will it be back?

SeedboxUP
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Hello,

-Christopher Gulev

What happens with seedboxup.com? the site is down. when will it be back?

We restarted Apache and everything should be fine now.

TLwhore
02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Hello,

-Christopher Gulev

Lmao yeah from the reviews I have read u will have your work cut out m8. Seems the orginal owner was floggin a dead horse and you brought it :P

SeedboxUP
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Hello,

-Christopher Gulev

Lmao yeah from the reviews I have read u will have your work cut out m8. Seems the orginal owner was floggin a dead horse and you brought it :P

We're actually doing much better than what we had anticipated :D

KS-202
02-14-2010, 02:39 AM
We're actually doing much better than what we had anticipated :D

---What you should have done was relaunch under an entirely new domain, and start out fresh without all the negative feedback associated with it. I'll be downright avoiding SeedboxUP just because of your past history, irregardless of how you perform now (how many seedbox buyers do you know that have been burned, and then dumbly opt to return to the same "company"? - I should hope probably not that many). It's the old "once bitten, twice shy" rule. Hopefully you're headed in the right direction this time around but IMO you should have done it on a clean slate with a new beginning.

parky
02-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Why would you buy seedboxup?

Did they have existing clients?

SeedboxUP
02-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Why would you buy seedboxup?

Did they have existing clients?

The purchasing of Seedbox UP included the existing clients.

phauk
02-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Why would you bother buying a company everyone would tell people to stay away from - regardless if it's a new owner of not, the reputation is already set - people won't know there is a new owner, and won't trust you if you could deal with a fraudster in the first place?

i'm suprised he didnt take your money as well and do a runner :P

carl1983
02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
its not a new owner its just a different person trying to con everyone!

RastaMan
02-24-2010, 12:23 AM
rapidpeer

SummerSamba
03-03-2010, 02:59 AM
I paid $47 to SeedBoxHosting.com via AMEX, then canceled, never having used any of the service. I am still waiting for AMEX to get my money back. The thing that irks me the most is that the company never responded at all to my multiple requests for a refund!

Maisto
03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
What happend with seedboxup.com. the site is always down. and i have lots of invoices but cannot pay them.

DexteR
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Please keep away http://www.customseedbox.com/ they scammed me 125 $. I bought huge plan them its the 1Gbit and 2 sharing people you can see My speed all results below .I reported this case and I requested refund my money back and they say just refund 65$ you back They are big thief
KEEP AWAY CUSTOMSEEDBOX
http://xs.to/image-08AA_4B9DF4B0.jpg
http://xs.to/image-F6BF_4B9DF7B8.jpg

Thelen
03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Please keep away http://www.customseedbox.com/ they scammed me 125 $. I bought huge plan them its the 1Gbit and 2 sharing people you can see My speed all results below .I reported this case and I requested refund my money back and they say just refund 65$ you back They are big thief
KEEP AWAY CUSTOMSEEDBOX

LOL, the best you can do is complain on FST? (He threatened and said he would cause us damage on the internet, blah blah, winge winge)

Just for anyone curious about this case, he's already used 2 weeks, and a shit tonne of bandwidth, so I really don't think a 100% refund is fair or even practical. And $65 is slightly more than half $125, so I'd say we were doing him good favour, many/most/all other providers won't give a refund at ALL after a few days or 2 weeks max. So in reality we are just charge for 2 weeks usage, and in fact 2 weeks would normally be 3/4 of monthly price, so again we are refunding more than we need to!

Regarding the terrible speeds, that is because of DigiCube problem. I even offer to him to switch to another server onto OVH, but he was too impatient even for that...

EDIT:
Oh and the genius has now threatened me IRL, smart for him as tomorrow I call my police and paypal contacts, say bye bye to your Paypal account.

PerMaFrOsT
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
KEEP AWAY CUSTOMSEEDBOX

LOL, the best you can do is complain on FST? (He threatened and said he would cause us damage on the internet, blah blah, winge winge)

Just for anyone curious about this case, he's already used 2 weeks, and a shit tonne of bandwidth, so I really don't think a 100% refund is fair or even practical. And $65 is slightly more than half $125, so I'd say we were doing him good favour, many/most/all other providers won't give a refund at ALL after a few days or 2 weeks max. So in reality we are just charge for 2 weeks usage, and in fact 2 weeks would normally be 3/4 of monthly price, so again we are refunding more than we need to!

Regarding the terrible speeds, that is because of DigiCube problem. I even offer to him to switch to another server onto OVH, but he was too impatient even for that...

EDIT:
Oh and the genius has now threatened me IRL, smart for him as tomorrow I call my police and paypal contacts, say bye bye to your Paypal account.

Throw the blame of your problems to Digicube is very easy right??. As a good company, before selling any product you ought to have determined if your servers could meet your expectations prior to fool people like you have done.

phauk
03-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Throw the blame of your problems to Digicube is very easy right??. As a good company, before selling any product you ought to have determined if your servers could meet your expectations prior to fool people like you have done.

Well said mate - test something before you buy it, or at least see if anyone on here has a review about them before spending your hard earned cash.

You can't blame another company because you wanted to make a quick buck from a customer and it didn't turn out right.

The customer is always right :rolleyes:

RastaMan
03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree. And he is going to call the police as well.. ROFLOL. Your in the wrong business. Passing the buck while you make money. Someone should check to see if your operating under a real business license. hmmm

And lastly, your site is powered by 'free google pages' ... fail

Thelen
03-16-2010, 01:32 AM

Well I'd point out my comment that we tested for 3 weeks, but apparently you can't read ;)

I agree. And he is going to call the police as well.. ROFLOL. Your in the wrong business. Passing the buck while you make money. Someone should check to see if your operating under a real business license. hmmm

And lastly, your site is powered by 'free google pages' ... fail

I don't expect any FST to have any understanding or sympathy to the situation at all, half of you are the same arrogant 14-16yr olds that that idiot dexter is.

But the rational and normal other people might come across these posts still and get the right idea...

What is wrong with google hosting? You think I should pay $100+ a month for DDoS protected hosting when I can just use google? LOL, you obviously have never run a business. Also, how can I have made any money if I'm giving refunds LOL

Oh and don't know about your crappy country, but don't actually need a business licence to do what I'm doing..

Sandvich
03-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Hrmmmm i was about to try customseedbox but after i read your comments

nty, i'll put my 200$ somewhere else.

sjames1682
03-16-2010, 05:17 AM
I purchased a seedbox from seedboxup.com. What a mistake. Everything was good for the first 4 days, then the server went down. When I went to the website to fill out a support ticket, the site was down also! It came back up 2 days before it was time to renew! I was sent an invoice to renew my subscription a week before expiration, but the site was still down! So, I fill out a support ticket for a refund yesterday, and when I went to check it today, it was gone! Erased! The bastards deleted it! DO NOT RENT FROM THESE SCAMMERS!

phauk
03-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Well I'd point out my comment that we tested for 3 weeks, but apparently you can't read ;)

I don't expect any FST to have any understanding or sympathy to the situation at all, half of you are the same arrogant 14-16yr olds that that idiot dexter is.

But the rational and normal other people might come across these posts still and get the right idea...

What is wrong with google hosting? You think I should pay $100+ a month for DDoS protected hosting when I can just use google? LOL, you obviously have never run a business. Also, how can I have made any money if I'm giving refunds LOL

Oh and don't know about your crappy country, but don't actually need a business licence to do what I'm doing..

Hrmm, you have some attitude skiddie - Your post will have just told people more than they need to know about your company, stay away! :D

Thelen
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Whatever, you are welcome to your opinions. I wouldn't expect you to actually provide substantial 'evidence' to back up your claims, quite the reverse of accusing me to be a skiddie LOL.

If I was such a terrible business, explain the 200+ customers and $1500/month profit I'm making, LOL.

Sure, I have a shitty website, I don't have any automated payment methods at all, and I can be totally unreliable when it comes to keeping to my setup times.

On the other hand, I charge very little, am available 17+ hours a day via email and MSN, hell some dude even called me today to check on the status of his box, LOL must be a bad business indeed.

I probably am the least professional seedbox provider there is, even behind seedboxup.com scammers, but at the end of the day I get the job done, and people are happy. So why not enjoy St. Patrik's Day and get drunk.. It might improve your posts :D

RastaMan
03-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Well, I must agree with phauk on this one, and no, I don't fall under the group of 'teens' being twice their age.

For an owner to "whoa, $1500 profit" yet have unprofessional conversations about 'his' business to 'potential clients' and lower to the level of calling some board members idiots, it makes it clear exactly who they are paying money to and what the owners attitude is like.

What you should have done was try to make it right by the customer. Plain and simple. Ok, he came here and posted his views. You could have simply posted what you did to try to solve the issue. If the guy didn't like it, well.... that's his problem. A simple statement of 'We tried to resolve the issue for him, but he refused. That's the best we can do".

That right there would have said more for your integrity than threats, and police. If you notice, his original post never mention one word of it. He simply stated the facts he observed, and posted them. There are always 2 sides, and not saying you were in the wrong, but you removed all doubt when you went nuts on here trying to prove your side, and gave way more info than anyone needed, other than now making yourself as a business, look not-so-business like.

I didn't need a beer for that this posting, but yes, its now time to grab one.

harke1983
03-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Hello,

-Christopher Gulev

hey u said is new owner and other , i pay to u 3 days ago and still not get reply , first mail u reply and and after i paid and u don't reply anythings , whathappen?

Hello,

-Christopher Gulev

hey u said is new owner and other , i pay 2 u 3 days ago and still not get reply , first mail u reply and and after i paid and u don't reply anythings , whathappen?

staz
06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.hqseedbox.com/

Setup-time was only a couple of hours (Golden plan). However, the speeds are for the most part terrible. The server is shared with 25 users, so this shouldn't come as a surprise. What is surprising though, is that if you use too much traffic, someone from hqseedbox wil go in and shut down your bittorrent client!! You can always count on that the seedbox will be restarted during the night, thus shutting down the bittorrent client and leaving all your torrents unseeded.

In the night the speeds are better, but then there's another problem. You get "disk overloaded" if you hit speeds above 25 MB/s. It cannot be avoided by increasing the disk cache (or any other cache settings), because this will make the bittorrent client crash.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.. It's better to use a 100mbit seedbox from a reliable provider than to hit speeds around 400-600 kb/s and get your bittorrent client shut off time and again.

brisker
07-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Seed Box Server - http://www.seedboxservers.net

Run by gnuhosting.net.

Give you a seedbox and then supply NO support. Nothing. I've had to raise a paypal dispute because my seedbox is dead in the water and seedboxservers.net haven't responded at all in days and days.

Save your money, but more importantly do not go through the hassle. Life is too short :)

And now I am going off to read the kazillion threads in this forum and see who to try next (and all of this one to see who NOT to use :)

Oh, also Leasetorrent. They were terrible. The seedbox worked fine for about 3 weeks and then it stopped DLing some torrents. Couldn't figure out why until they told me, "yeah, those are public trackers which you can't use." Uhm...
1. THAT is something you may want to mention to peeps when they order
2. Then why did they work to begin with?!

So, my experience with them was pretty awful. Low speeds, too.

qonad
07-17-2010, 04:10 PM
seedbox.me! they still owe me my refund!

PooBar
07-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I have had a Customseedbox box for a very long time and can't fault it.
Some of you guys want 10MB/s up and 10MB/s down 24hrs a day 7 days a week,non stop
It ain't gunna happen,so it's the provider fault? yeah right.
There are way to many Seedbox's these days for that to happen.

Thelen
07-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Thanks for your support, I'm glad to hear at least SOME people find my service good lol.

As for my actual post, do NOT bother with Santrex seedbox any more, they are sticking something like 40 users onto a single 100Mbit box (basically the same they use for their budget VPS), and it SUCKS. From what I can tell, it is 4 disks (so 10 per), and obviously with 40 users, 100Mbit is maxed 24/7.

Anyway, yea, I'm sure none of you would consider it anyway given the plans are quite shit, but...