PDA

View Full Version : TorrentDay fakes stats and members! Be aware of this site.

Pages : [1] 2

Hombre
01-25-2010, 05:51 AM
How is that possible with only some months life? They will be the next TL?

theGeek
01-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Word of mouth, i suppose. The site's not too bad. And another TL wont hurt the torrent community.

sake
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
WoW! Good news for the BT world of course :)

cinephilia
01-25-2010, 09:30 AM
not so surprising.
some months ago, a new french tracker (p-t.net) reached 40k members in only 24h and more than 100k after a week.

Swift
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Currently we have 194744+ registered members :)

they really are in a hurry

lol87
01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
yeah, I registered too. They have open registration now.

Torrentday doesn't have strict rules compared to other trackers.

Let's see of how many will have their account banned or disabled in the coming month.

karachidude
01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
i should bookmark this time..lol

Di@monds
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
is this gonna end up like vip when they disabled almost 10k users within a day?

Blackbeard
01-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Anti-p2p probaby made an account as well, I bet.

merwais
01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
195244+ Registered member.

Owner of TD is a mighty Turtle From Afghanistan ;)
He is not disabling accounts if someone spam LoL
They have a nice function, they jail members, members posts will be invisible an same comments.

so they don't suspend account until they abuse too much.
Blackbeard, Anti-p2p is in TL/RevT/SCC/Zamunda and all other torrent sites but they don't care about small sites when there are ThePiratebay / isohunt etc...

Cabalo
01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
And since when a site with 200000 members is small?

Di@monds
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
195244+ Registered member.

Owner of TD is a mighty Turtle From Afghanistan ;)
He is not disabling accounts if someone spam LoL
They have a nice function, they jail members, members posts will be invisible an same comments.

so they don't suspend account until they abuse too much.
Blackbeard, Anti-p2p is in TL/RevT/SCC/Zamunda and all other torrent sites but they don't care about small sites when there are ThePiratebay / isohunt etc...
you forgot to mention ipt.

merwais
01-25-2010, 03:08 PM
And since when a site with 200000 members is small?
:lol::argue::lol:

anon
01-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Word of mouth, i suppose.

And lots of posts on the open signups thread, apart from TD banner ads on other sites :lol:

YoYoY
01-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I checked TorrentDay , I didn't know about it till now , it's a good site though. :)

Pwner101
01-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Never heard of the site before.
I somehow think the numbers may be off though for some reason.
Either case maybe the numbers went up so fast due to other sites closing down lately?

merwais
01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
YoYoY, you didn't hear about torrentday coz Torrentday is only 4 months old :P

4 Months and 200k membership, means 50k/month LoL

Spaceboy
01-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Nice site. Never heard of it b4 this thread,

kurdt
01-26-2010, 12:14 AM
after being posted here, watch that number double :)

Funkin'
01-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Nice site. Never heard of it b4 this thread,

Neither did I. I signed up for the hell of it though. Looks like this site is going to be another IPT. Which definitely isn't a bad thing.

Rart
01-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Perhaps it's from being saturated in the drama and mishaps recently, but I'm just a little bit skeptical of a site that, seemingly out of nowhere, seems to be bursting out of it's seams with nearly 200k members.

I have signed up as well, hopefully the site proves me wrong though.

TP635
01-26-2010, 04:15 AM
Am I the only one who is not signing up, even after reading this thread?

MadIrish
01-26-2010, 04:39 AM

Nope, I'm not either.

Good luck to them and all that but I have absolutely no need of another tracker with the same basic content as everywhere else, however fast its "growing". And if its gained that many members so quickly I guess it has no need of me either. :lol:

sugam
01-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Definitely you are not alone at this :lol:

anon
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Personally, I signed up, looked around, and logged out. Already have too many trackers offering the same content.

theGeek
01-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I also signed up just for the heck of it. Let's see if they can offer something unique in the near future.

cinephilia
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
nope, i'm with you :yup:

DeffNZ
01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Signed up mid December, loving it to be honest.

TraLaLa
01-26-2010, 06:56 PM
nope, i'm with you :yup:

you guys missed the party, pizza and beer

they promised at 200k even a :wank:

ihab22222
01-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Good news but the site is good!

Albo Da Kid
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow this is amazing, I've never seen anything like this before. Currently they have 200304 members

This might end up being the new Zamunda

Personally, I signed up, looked around, and logged out. Already have too many trackers offering the same content.

Yea true. If they start uplodaing some old & rare stuff it would make it much better

merwais
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

I am sure they will, i think TD will beat my favorite tracker IPT.
Their user base is increasing very fast.

snagit
01-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Looks like they reached their goal - 200k members.

Let's see how far this site goes in the future!

Rart
01-27-2010, 12:29 AM
So I decided to do a little investigating -

You won't find any valid user ID under 99000. You can try, I've already tried multiple times to find users with a ID below that, to no avail.

My theory is also confirmed by the fact that the "Torrentday" SysOp user is user ID 99904, and from thereon out the member ID's become valid. So unless 99k members magically vanished or were pruned (doubtful considering I've seen accounts that haven't logged on since day 1 and aren't pruned), AND managed to join before even the owner of the site joined, these statistics are complete crap.

Most likely these faked statistics were used to initially spur users to join the site, thinking that they already had a lot of members, which they obviously don't. Even so, obtaining 100k members is still nothing to sneeze at, if those later statistics have even the slightest ounce of truth in it.

Finally, I downloaded a torrent for the heck of it and Utorrent only reports half the peers that the site does. Even more faking of statistics to make users think the site is bigger than it is?

I think the real question is, how much are you willing to invest in a tracker that tries so hard to deceive its members?

merwais
01-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Rart, you are paranoid my friend :)

Even 30-50k registered member is enough for a private tracker which is online for 3-4 month ;)

I know a sysop who is hidden and id is just above 1 :P

torrents.ru - their torrents have 6-7k peers each of them, if you download, they will not allow you to get inside 4-7k peers at once, they will allow you to reach maximum to 50-60 peers first, they are doing this for anti piracy companies not to trace all swarm.

Learn some C++ coding and MySQL also ;)

any way, fuck them, good for TD owner, why should we care LoL
at least he got the users.

xnt.nu been online for the paste 5 months or more... they have 15,850 members only and more then half of those users are idle.

Remember, even TL have 180k registered members and i am very sure 65% of those members are idle !

You ever saw a torrent with 150k peers on TL ? NO !!!!

Rart
01-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Even 30-50k registered member is enough for a private tracker which is online for 3-4 month ;)

Sure, 30-50k users is a great amount that any tracker can survive on. However, lying about the fact that you have an extra 100,000 non existent members just to attract further users brings up certain issues of integrity that make me extremely uncomfortable about using a tracker such as this, and I'm sure many others would agree with me.

I know a sysop who is hidden and id is just above 1 :P

Of course you can have a sysop with an ID above 1, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this. The point I was trying to make was that the owner of the site has a user ID of 99904, and thus there are no ids below that, as they are sorted by date joined (and you can check, there aren't any). Then the ID's go to 200,000, meaning that there's approximately 100k members on the site, half of what they claim. If even those numbers are legit.

torrents.ru - their torrents have 6-7k peers each of them, if you download, they will not allow you to get inside 4-7k peers at once, they will allow you to reach maximum to 50-60 peers first, they are doing this for anti piracy companies not to trace all swarm.

Perhaps you're the one that should learn how Utorrent operates. When you start a torrent, in the seeders/leechers column you get two numbers. The first is how many you are ACTIVELY connected to, and the second is how many there are TOTAL on the torrent. When I started the torrent, before I even began downloading, the 2nd number only showed half of what was on the site.

And the peer limit is certainly not made to stop anti piracy companies. You can set the connected peers limit to as much as you want, it's just simply not feasible/possible to connect to that many peers at once. Over a certain period on a popular torrent on BCG I managed to connect to over 600 peers at once, a little dumb on my part but trackers certainly don't limit the amount of peers you can connect to in order to "stop anti piracy agencies".

xnt.nu been online for the paste 5 months or more... they have 15,850 members only and more then half of those users are idle.

Remember, even TL have 180k registered members and i am very sure 65% of those members are idle !

You ever saw a torrent with 150k peers on TL ? NO !!!!

I really have no idea what point you're trying to get at here, if you care to elaborate further I'll respond. I never mentioned anything about the percentage of active users at a site.

MadIrish
01-27-2010, 01:36 AM
So I decided to do a little investigating -

You won't find any valid user ID under 99000. You can try, I've already tried multiple times to find users with a ID below that, to no avail.

My theory is also confirmed by the fact that the "Torrentday" SysOp user is user ID 99904, and from thereon out the member ID's become valid. So unless 99k members magically vanished or were pruned (doubtful considering I've seen accounts that haven't logged on since day 1 and aren't pruned), AND managed to join before even the owner of the site joined, these statistics are complete crap.

Most likely these faked statistics were used to initially spur users to join the site, thinking that they already had a lot of members, which they obviously don't. Even so, obtaining 100k members is still nothing to sneeze at, if those later statistics have even the slightest ounce of truth in it.

Finally, I downloaded a torrent for the heck of it and Utorrent only reports half the peers that the site does. Even more faking of statistics to make users think the site is bigger than it is?

I think the real question is, how much are you willing to invest in a tracker that tries so hard to deceive its members?

Heh, that's pretty interesting (even if there might be a sensible explanation).

To be honest, and this is just my opinion, I'm not a member of the site and have nothing tangible either against it (or for it) but I do find such apparently insane growth a bit suss... gotta question how many of those would be dupes, leechers or other such things rather than genuine, active and rule-abiding accounts. And you've also kinda gotta question site security with the way its url has been spammed all over the net since it started, and also more generally the long-term sustainability of somewhere that's had such rapid growth so early in its existence (if its user numbers are even remotely accurate).

Merwais - with all due respect fella, you hardly qualify as an impartial voice about this place, I don't know what your link is with it and I don't really care all that much.... but I think its perfectly valid and not paranoid at all for people to be a bit cautious about somewhere that grows at such an insane rate when many established trackers have issues with lack of activity. I hate to tell you this but technical number of members does not = best site, in any area on the internet really, not just p2p. How many of them use the site properly, don't h&r or cheat, seed properly, fill requests, help other users etc? How secure is the site, how well coded is it, how experienced are the staff, how safe their sources, how well behaved with donations etc? Those are the important things. Perhaps torrentday also has the bestest users and staff ever, but just because its gained 50 trillion users in 4 months open doesn't necessarily make it great.

Oh, and btw, TD = Torrent Damage. Find another abbreviation, Tdy or something :)

merwais
01-27-2010, 02:05 AM
yeah, i have nothing to do with TD, was just expressing my feelings.
Fuck them :P

i was just mentioning about torrents.ru, they have system like TD also. that's all.

TP635
01-27-2010, 02:09 AM
So I decided to do a little investigating -I already know, that's why i never have the slightest intrest in the tracker...... The maths just don't look right.

Cabalo
01-27-2010, 03:57 AM
I was checking what rart said, and indeed it all seems too fishy.
The fact they advertise the number of members on the front page, plus banners at several sites, makes me want to not touch it for now.

There is definitely something going on.

DeffNZ
01-27-2010, 07:45 AM
StuffDamn, Tested and confirmed, I wonder how long until we get a 'sorry but...' if at all.

I must admit I'm slightly put off by the deception but at this point in time staying a member, still very reliable torrents IMO.

lol87
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
201830 users registeret now :)

merwais
01-27-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.torrentday.com/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=420&page=1

Join their contest and win something good: 100$ and 1 month vip status ;)

puckface
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Really now, who would join a torrent site that has banner ads all over the internets? You people are crazy.

ashford
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd say it's feeling with his fella trying to screw 10x more people this time :lol:

whiteboy
01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Really now, who would join a torrent site that has banner ads all over the internets? You people are crazy.
I see no ads, I even disable ad block and still no ads. :noes:

theGeek
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
^Maybe he's referring to ads on other sites as well as promotions ("astroturfing") on invite forums not the on-site ads.

merwais
01-27-2010, 04:24 PM

It's your opinion, don't judge for others ;)
Lots of people don't care where they advertise or from where members are coming from.
All i can see is they have members and huge number of members are joining TD tracker.

anon
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Good job with the "research" Rart, thanks for taking the time to do that. :)

Finally, I downloaded a torrent for the heck of it and Utorrent only reports half the peers that the site does.

Yes, I noticed this too. Speeds were also very slow for torrents with so many peers, whereas other big trackers such as TL or IPT manage to max out my download in no time. :huh:

It is possible for the tracker to limit the amount of peers delivered, but most of them will just proceed to give you more IPs every time you ask.

Pwner101
01-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Site can in fact limit how many peers you are allowed to connect to as Anon said. Most don't however. There are quite a few that will only give you 50 per scrape. Also the torrent client itself can limit how many you get if you check your settings.
I doubt limiting would have anything to do with anti-piracy. If they were worried about anti-piracy they would close open signups and mass advertising the site first imho.

puckface
01-28-2010, 12:44 AM

It's your opinion, don't judge for others ;)
Lots of people don't care where they advertise or from where members are coming from.
All i can see is they have members and huge number of members are joining TD tracker.

Your obvious association with the site (ie. your incessant spamming of the 'trackers open for signup' thread) makes me ignore your post, but I will say that waving stuff in peoples' faces by advertising a torrent site on in banner ads cant be a good thing... don't even ask about my other suspicions about this site being a front or money grab cause I wont get into it.

EDIT: also, TD is torrent-damage why are we talking about that when this thread is about torrentday?

whiteboy
01-28-2010, 04:57 AM
^Maybe he's referring to ads on other sites as well as promotions ("astroturfing") on invite forums not the on-site ads.
Oh shoot I totally misread it my bad.

anon
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
EDIT: also, TD is torrent-damage why are we talking about that when this thread is about torrentday?

I thought Torrent-Damage's initialism was "T-D". :unsure:

QPD
01-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I have made an account here, and they have good peering!

cocegas
01-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I have made an account here, and they have good peering!

Very good for movies.
The games are not going good:O

bumrocks
01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
My favorite parts...

In their banner...

http://i50.tinypic.com/nmkgtf.png

Right below their banner...

http://i48.tinypic.com/fk03tj.png

Regardless, of all the other things said...That is just fucking weird.

Carnios
01-30-2010, 06:21 AM
It is weird, but meh I'll give it a try.

TraLaLa
01-30-2010, 07:12 AM
this thread should be renamed

AdrianPhoto
01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered users :: 212086

merwais
01-30-2010, 03:57 PM
this thread should be renamed

Rename to ? :blink:

TP635
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Rename to ?TorrentDay reaches 212K members? (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/page6)

anon
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Rename to ? :blink:

Have a look. :happy:

NkFy
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
wtf 212872+ members!!!
and its still on free signup!

RmX
01-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes,and how many members are fake? :)
This tracker is a joke.

anon
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes,and how many members are fake? :)

It appears all you have to do is taking 100000 users away from the member count they publish. :lol:

RmX
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
They're stealing some money for a new house,or maybe a car... :)
And after that they are going down because the police stole the servers :happy:

anon
01-30-2010, 05:38 PM

Or maybe not, if they're a honeypot like the paranoid side of me is beginning to think.

Zac090
01-30-2010, 05:38 PM
This tracker is a joke.

:yup:

I agree with Anon,dont think they actually have any more than 15000-20000 members(most of which must have registed there just because they saw those stats :shutup: )

RmX
01-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I registered a few days ago,but after a few forum posts I deleted the acc.
I can download the same things on TL,FL.ro etc.

anon
01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I can download the same things on TL,FL.ro etc.

Agreed. And much faster. TD's speeds leave a lot to be desired for a tracker with so many seeders.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Alert me when they lie about reaching reach 500,000 members ,then I'll be even more disgusted impressed.

merwais
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
:ghey: something is burning in here :slap:

At Least 100k members visited TorrentDay from IPT site lookpic :naughty:

Lookpic is used by many many pirate dudes, i think TD is getting huge traffic from lookpic and some other sites.

Lets wait 2-3 more month and see TD future. :wacko:

RmX
01-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Why are you defending this tracker so hard? :D

merwais
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM

I am defending TL/IPT/TD/What.cd/SPEED.cd coz i am a member of these trackers.

I am not negative like you guys, i just don't judge peoples hard work.
If you think you are good at it, start a tracker and i will see how it will work. :frusty:

RmX
01-30-2010, 08:13 PM
It's just the truth nothing else. :)
I don't want to start a tracker and I don't have in mind because I don't have money,programming skills and some others.
If I start a tracker I can fake the stats too,or advertise it.

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 08:14 PM

Or maybe not, if they're a honeypot like the paranoid side of me is beginning to think.
You're not alone in that point of view.

merwais
01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
It's just the truth nothing else. :)
I don't want to start a tracker and I don't have in mind because I don't have money,programming skills and some others.
If I start a tracker I can fake the stats too,or advertise it.

I am not pro like you guys, maybe they are faking or not. :blink:
As long i am getting reasonable download speed and all releases on time, then that's fine for me :unsure:

RmX
01-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I am not a counting myself as a "pro". :)
Same things you can get from TL and IPT "on time". :D

Rart
01-30-2010, 08:36 PM

I am defending TL/IPT/TD/What.cd/SPEED.cd coz i am a member of these trackers.

I am not negative like you guys, i just don't judge peoples hard work.
If you think you are good at it, start a tracker and i will see how it will work. :frusty:

So you're saying that the dozens of times you posted TorrentDay in the open signups thread doesn't indicate any sort of bias?

merwais
01-30-2010, 08:37 PM
I am not a counting myself as a "pro". :)
Same things you can get from TL and IPT "on time". :D

I know :)

ScT had the same content but a tracker like ScT can not be found.
You can't compare TD with TL or IPT. TL and IPT is way too good :blink:

same thing i can say for ScT. you can't compare any site with ScT.

R.I.P ScT. Was one of the best scene tracker on the net.

@Rart, you are paranoid, I was just helping them to collect some good members from FST. someone requested me to stop posting, i stopped it. that's all

@Cabalo, I am missing your fights mate, it's boring when you are not fighting with me :P

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm not fighting someone who loves so much and advertises a site like TorrentDay.

And yes, there's a site very similar to ScT, it's SCC.

RmX
01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm not fighting someone who loves so much and advertises a site like TorrentDay.

Agree with you.

merwais
01-30-2010, 09:21 PM

That's your opinion about ScT ;)
I respect ur opinion. everyone have his own opinion.

in my opinion ScT was way too greater then SCC.
SCC is at the top now and i am a great fan of SCC but ScT had great functions and had a very clean design + was very attractive :yup:

Azatos
01-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I thought something was fucked up one this site, Glad I didn't so much as look at a torrent when I registered.

They don't have an account deletion either, hopefully they listen to my request in the forums.

anon
01-30-2010, 09:40 PM
They don't have an account deletion either

http://www.torrentday.com/delacct.php

Azatos
01-30-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm blind, but, the staff already disabled it so it's all right.

anon
01-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm blind

You're not, it's quite well-hidden. I only knew about it after BitSoup linked to their delacct.php (I don't remember if it was on their FAQ, rules or user agreement) and I tried doing the same on another TBdev tracker. :)

AdrianPhoto
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I've just deleted my account from there
They are a really weird community!

IdolEyes787
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM

That's your opinion about ScT ;)
I respect ur opinion. everyone have his own opinion.

in my opinion ScT was way too greater then SCC.
SCC is at the top now and i am a great fan of SCC but ScT had great functions and had a very clean design + was very attractive :yup:

My opinion is that SCC is better than ScT ever was because it has not yet become the exclusive playground of seedbox whores.However I think IPT owns them both in a big retarded bt ownage kind of way.
Don't care for SCC much either to tell the truth .When people are more concerned about how/where they download something rather what they actually download I kind of lose respect for them.Speaking of the members not the tracker/staff btw although I wouldn't recognize any of their staff if they ran me over in a pink Toyota.

PS Karagara rulez suck on that etc etc.

theGeek
01-31-2010, 03:08 AM
@ adrinphoto: How exactly did you delete the account? anon-sbi's link is no longer working :(

Vero
01-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Never heard of them either, I'm gonna register and try it out.

Edit: Lol first torrent I try to download gives me an error. Niiiice...

Quarterquack
01-31-2010, 03:32 AM
I don't see how anyone can trust a tracker that advertises. For all you people know, they might be run by the RIAA/BREIN themselves...

merwais
01-31-2010, 03:35 AM
@ringhunter, now that's very stupid of you :P
RIAA/BREIN is uploading latest copyrighted movies and sharing with everyone :) ?
Maybe is Maybe!

TL/IP/RevTT, maybe their owner if RIAA/BREIN also ?

stop acting like a stupid.

All they are doing is collecting some good seeders who can keep their torrents online and keep seeding.

iLOVENZB
01-31-2010, 03:50 AM
How is that possible with only some months life? They will be the next TL?

http://i46.tinypic.com/k2o1vk.png

LookPic has some involvement with IPT (I think they own it - don't quote me on that). Also TD has been advertising torrents on TPB an example of which is 82E2883016B494EA1216B89A9DE9FD8179D7591C (http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=82e2883016b494ea1216b89a9de9fd8179d7591c) or go to TPB and add torrent/5322532/Daybreakers.DVDSCR.LINE.XviD-MENTiON

Funkin'
01-31-2010, 04:11 AM
LookPic has some involvement with IPT (I think they own it - don't quote me on that).

That's right. IPT's sysop created the image hoster. Which I personally think is a really good one.

Cabalo
01-31-2010, 05:12 AM

Thank you, just did that to my account. That site freaks me out.

bumrocks
01-31-2010, 05:20 AM

How? I and others are getting...

404 - Not Found

Cabalo
01-31-2010, 05:28 AM
Did that this afternoon! Swear to God!
At around 19h GMT it was working.

merwais
01-31-2010, 05:57 AM
I am Sure TD will beat TL and IPT after 4-5 months. :P

Believe it or not, you will see. coz i can feeeeel it ;)

Now don't quote my shit. :P coz i don't care what u r thinking :lol:

Quarterquack
01-31-2010, 06:20 AM
RIAA/BREIN is uploading latest copyrighted movies and sharing with everyone

They can have a script up at other trackers to race releases from other trackers to their own, at which point all that's left is for users to join swarms.

It's possible, I remember there being guides on ScT about how to race ScT's releases to your own tracker, so...

xJohnxSmithx
01-31-2010, 06:33 AM
My favorite parts...

In their banner...

http://i50.tinypic.com/nmkgtf.png

Right below their banner...

Regardless, of all the other things said...That is just fucking weird.

Hell ya, that's so suspect...

Spamming
01-31-2010, 06:39 AM
yeah it is weirdo

Di@monds
01-31-2010, 07:53 AM

Tbh this guy freaking me out, think about it.

Zac090
01-31-2010, 11:22 AM

Tbh this guy freaking me out, think about it.

:drunk:

merwais
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
@Di@monds :lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew there are some dumb ass who will quote ma shit.
stop being negative junky asses.

Enjoy what they are offering. why b!tching for ? what will u get ?

now quote again :P

NkFy
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
hm i have pm'd the owner to make an interview/review about TDay and i have asked about the impresive number of members, and i dont get any reply....

Di@monds
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
i guess youre smart enough to pass the message in my post

anon
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM

Glad I could help. :lol:

The honeypot theory would also explain why basically no one in the Top 10 uploaders list isn't banned.

I want a TB/s line, too.

sez
01-31-2010, 08:54 PM
People love to see you fail,hate to see you gettinggreen.Envy's got a shitty smell :P

lol87
01-31-2010, 10:23 PM
I just tried to download stuff from that site. Great speed and I shared back as well. No complaints from me.

I think it is the matter of time before lots of users will be banned for poor ratio, cheating, scam, faking etc...

Even some countries will be banned.

anon
01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
I think it is the matter of time before lots of users will be banned for poor ratio, cheating, scam, faking etc...

Getting banned for scamming will have to wait until they allow trading on their forums, right?

sheela
02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Why would it be fake members? If you only think about how many people there are out there, looking for and hunting invites to good trackers, how many people won't sign up for a free account without the hassle of waiting, to see if it'll become good? Then you have to beg an invite of an existing member, right? ;) Look at the number of peers of each torrent, it's huge numbers we're talking about man!

Rart
02-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Look at the number of peers of each torrent, it's huge numbers we're talking about man!

That considering the fact that the peer numbers they display are legit.

Which they aren't.

merwais
02-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Look at the number of peers of each torrent, it's huge numbers we're talking about man!

Which they aren't.

go to torrents.ru

they show peers 9000+, if you download it, you will see only 3-5% of the peers.

Not connected but total peers, it will show only 3-5% ;) It won't even show you that torrent have 9k peers on it.

If a tracker is preventing you to scrape whole peers list from their database, then that doesn't mean Peers are wrong or whateva.

You are paranoid or maybe acting like a dumb ;) !!!

iLOVENZB
02-01-2010, 03:44 AM

Which they aren't.

Could just be BREIN idling cross-seeding :whistling

Rart
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM

Which they aren't.

go to torrents.ru

Not connected but total peers, it will show only 3-5% ;) It won't even show you that torrent have 9k peers on it.

If a tracker is preventing you to scrape whole peers list from their database, then that doesn't mean Peers are wrong or whateva.

No. I think you're just blindly protecting the tracker.

I just downloaded the most popular torrent on IPT, with 4400 seeders.

ALL 4400 seeders show up on my client.

When I download from TorrentDay, it conveniently decides to always display exactly "half" the peers. Even when the peers are massive, with the site displaying 5200+, it only displays ~2600. And exactly half the leechers as well.

It's not that the site is preventing me from scraping more than 3-5% in case I'm a "copyright agency". There are blatantly lying about their peer count.

Not to mention the fact that their credibility is also undermined by the fact that they have lied and overexaggerated their member count by over 100,000. Care to explain that discrepancy as well?

Oh and your constant advertising of the site in the open signups thread, your undying praise of IPT in nearly everyone of your posts, and your odd, seemingly dedicated hatred of RevTT for no apparent reason certainly lend to your credibility as well.

This is not a site to trust.

Edit: I have tried downloading a torrent from torrents.ru. It appears to have a different system, where in the total peers column it will still only display the peers you are connected to. However, since on TD I see all of the 2000 peers immediately, it's obviously not using a similar system as torrents.ru and isn't a valid comparison between the two. Perhaps anon could elaborate more on how this works, I'm not really familiar with trackers.

merwais
02-01-2010, 05:08 AM
I didn't mention about IPT or RevTT or TL, they are using different tracker system !!! they didn't limit full scrape !

Rart, torrents.ru and torrentday.com system is the same.

THEY DO NOT ALLOW FULL SCRAPE ! You know what the F**k is scrape ?
It means getting whole F**king peers from the database, imagine if there are 10k peers and every 10k member scrape fully the whole database for 10k peers, do you think their server will be stable ? HELL NO !

Very less trackers optimized their trackers not to allow FULL SCRAPE, i saw this option at torrents.ru and 3-4 more Russian sites.

They just do not allow full scrape, some of them allow 10%, some allows 30% or 50 or 60%.

that's the way to decrease their Server load!!! ;)

Cabalo
02-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Could you please not defend sites which so blatantly belong to the same people?
It's getting annoying, and even the most casual viewers at FST must by now think you're connected to those sites in some way. Are you their ISP ?
Rart's conclusions were all correct until now. When anon-sbi mentioned the delactt.php, it was promptly removed after your last visit. I know it worked, I used it.
And TorrentDay obviously has people watching what goes on here. I wonder who could it be... :rolleyes:

Now, am I the only one who is seeing a pattern here?

merwais
02-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Cabalo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../members/cabalo-158277), LMAO LoL :P
You have drinking problem :)

Cabalo
02-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Cabalo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../members/cabalo-158277), LMAO LoL :P
You have drinking problem :)
Great way to refute my point.

merwais
02-01-2010, 06:35 AM
I am just giving technical information about trackers system.
It's you guys who is ignoring the main point !

Learn C++ little bit and you will know it urself.
Stop shooting like blinds.

Donno why i am wasting my time with u guys who is not understanding anyshit about coding etc...

I am done with explaining. You are correct, they are bullshit :) happy now ;) ?

fight with each other. ROFL :P

TP635
02-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Donno why i am wasting my time with u guys who is not understanding anyshit about coding etc...You know why you post in this thread; because you have interest in the tracker.

Funkin'
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM

:lol: You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

bumrocks
02-01-2010, 08:52 AM

:lol: You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

+1

That dude has some serious perseverance when it comes to defending the site. Reminds a bit of a few past members we have had here with off the wall comments...

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/demotivational-posters-perserverance.jpg

AdrianPhoto
02-01-2010, 09:11 AM

Donno why i am wasting my time with u guys who is not understanding anyshit about coding etc...
Just to be honest, I've read your posts in this thread, I think you don't now anything about coding/scripting.

Di@monds
02-01-2010, 09:28 AM

Donno why i am wasting my time with u guys who is not understanding anyshit about coding etc...Just to be honest, I've read your posts in this thread, I think you don't now anything about coding/scripting.

But tbh he know shit about anything...just throwing with these nonsense comments

Zac090
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Just to be honest, I've read your posts in this thread, I think you don't now anything about coding/scripting.

But tbh he know shit about anything...just throwing with these nonsense comments

+1 :frusty:

phauk
02-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Anti-p2p probaby made an account as well, I bet.

no doubt about that.. lol

merwais
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM

I have my (MCS) master degree in SQL ;)
and i am well familiar with C/C++/Java/C#/PHP/HTML/DHTML/XML/photoshop cs.

My Best Part is optimizing codes. I am working at GAF ;)
My 1 hour of coding/fixing bugs costs 45$!

Don't judge/comment about someone who you don't know else you will look stupid/idiot :yup:

QPD
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM

I have my (MCS) master degree in SQL ;)
and i am well familiar with C/C++/Java/C#/PHP/HTML/DHTML/XML/photoshop cs.

My Best Part is optimizing codes. I am working at GAF ;)

Don't judge/comment about someone who you don't know else you will look stupid/idiot :yup:

loool

anon
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM
THEY DO NOT ALLOW FULL SCRAPE ! You know what the F**k is scrape ?

Yes, I know. Scraping is returning the amounts of seeders and leechers for a certain info_hash. Not their IPs. Even if a torrent had 1000000 seeders and 1000000 leechers the bandwidth impact would be negligible for a single scrape request.

Now, Torrents.ru doesn't allow scraping because with over 1.5 million users, they save a lot of bandwidth, even if every request takes just ~1kB. It's not because scrape request themselves return the peers, increasing server load.

It means getting whole F**king peers from the database, imagine if there are 10k peers and every 10k member scrape fully the whole database for 10k peers, do you think their server will be stable ? HELL NO !

Wrong. Fire up a packet sniffer and see by yourself.

Very less trackers optimized their trackers not to allow FULL SCRAPE, i saw this option at torrents.ru and 3-4 more Russian sites.

They just do not allow full scrape, some of them allow 10%, some allows 30% or 50 or 60%.

I'd like to think you're confusing things due to your lack of knowledge rather than favoring TD here. It has already been explained before. You can control how many peers should be returned via the numwant parameter, but in the end it's up to the tracker. uTorrent asks for 200 peers on every announce, but T.ru only appears to return 50, which is also the default value from when no numwant is specified. Now, that isn't a percentage like you're saying - they'll give 50 peers regardless of it being the totality of the swarm or the torrent having a million seeders.

Rart
02-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank you anon. That clears a lot of things up.

bumrocks
02-01-2010, 10:49 PM

I think that is what just happened to you via anon-sbi...

AdrianPhoto
02-02-2010, 12:05 AM
anon-sbi done a great job answering you, but I'd add some things

???

I have my (MCS) master degree in SQL
Master Degree? in SQL?? really? do you think we're bunch of kids here?
May I ask in which specific fields of SQL your Master Degree's overview was about? and what did the studies you've been granted your Master Degree upon has covered? and what are the SQL problems you've helped demonstrating and tried to resolve?

I am working at GAF
I don't what GAF is that you mean, but I'd rate your GAF to be "21–30"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Assessment_of_Functioning

i am well familiar with C/C++/Java/C#/PHP/HTML/DHTML/XML/photoshop cs
Nice.. good for you, so you know Java and Photoshop, the best language concerning OOP and a very difficult one, and a graphic design application. Yay!

slymester
02-02-2010, 12:34 AM
I am working at GAF
I don't what GAF is that you mean, but I'd rate your GAF to be "21–30"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Assessment_of_Functioning:lol:

iLOVENZB
02-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Lol at the comments, are any of the comments relevant to the OP's question.

@AdrianPhoto:

Any kid can be familiar with Photoshop CS. Hell, I even remember studying it in Highschool :P

AdrianPhoto
02-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Any kid can be familiar with Photoshop CS. Hell, I even remember studying it in Highschool
That's exactly my point, why would anyone brag about knowing Photoshop?
Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Eargasm
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
You guys are all dumb, I know MSPAINT. Just wanted to drop by and put EVERYONE in their place.

cinephilia
02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
merwais? where are you? :(

merwais
02-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I am Here :D

I know anon-sbi got the point what i am saying and he knows i am right about peers thingy but still he is going elsewhere just to save his ass ;)

I won't argue with anon-sbi and others.
Research about numwant and limitation of peers. you will find the answer!

Enjoy kids. don't argue too much, better read some e-books and increase ur knowledge.

If you learn 1 sh!t/day, you will learn 365 Sh!t in a year. ;)

anon
02-03-2010, 12:00 AM
still he is going elsewhere just to save his ass ;)

Feel free to post a TCP dump of an scrape request returning peers. I'll post one proving the opposite myself:

GET /scrape?info_hash=3%82%0d%b6%dd%5eY%28%d2%3b%c8%11%bb%ac%2fJ%e9L%b8%82 HTTP/1.1
Host: torrent.ubuntu.com:6969
User-Agent: uTorrent/1850(17414)
Accept-Encoding: gzip

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Length: 119
Content-Type: text/plain

d5:filesd20:3.
..^Y(.;..../J.L..d8:completei54e10:downloadedi0e10:incompletei2e4:name28:ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.isoeee

Do you see any peer IPs there? I can't see any! The "files" dictionary only contains:

one key/value pair for each torrent for which there are stats

The rest of the values should be self-explanatory. "downloaded" is the amount of snatches on that torrent. "complete" is the amount of seeders. "incomplete" is the amount of leechers.

Also, let's have a look at the numwant thingy:

numwant: Optional. Number of peers that the client would like to receive from the tracker. This value is permitted to be zero. If omitted, typically defaults to 50 peers.

My quotes are from the BitTorrent protocol specification:
http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification

Happy now?

Rart
02-03-2010, 12:10 AM
I think that merwais has realized how completely wrong he is but is using the "I won't argue with you" excuse to cover his blatantly biased defense of TorrentDay from completely crumbling.

Oh and using words such as "kid" to address us in order to make it seem like he is a mature and all knowing adult that clearly has far more wisdom than any one of us could ever have.

merwais
02-03-2010, 01:10 AM
anon-sbi, you should know, we are not talking about public tracker.

We are talking about private tracker.

Each torrent have a unique ID !
Each member have a unique passkey.
Each member have a unique row which records his total uploaded/downloaded amount and downloading/uploading speed and it counts as a 1 seeder(download) or 1 leecher(upload).

For Example.

If a torrent unique is: 123
and Torrent unique ID 123 have a total of 300 seeder and 50 leecher.
It means, there are 300 unique rows of seeders and 50 unique rows of leechers.

300+50 a total of 350 unique rows in MySQL database.

When client is sending a request to get total amount of peers.
Private tracker source sends a request to MySQL for the unique torrent ID to check the total amount of seeders and leechers.

It will plus all rows which includes seeders and leechers and sending back to the client.

row 1+2+3+4+5 = [total] and sends back to torrent client and it shows how many peers the unique torrent have in your torrent client.

In order to decrease MySQL load, some trackers have limited this request and only allowing to search only 5% or 50% of the peers which is in their MySQL database.

Limiting searching whole table for total peers is a great improvement for private trackers, if every single member send request to get all 350 rows, MySQL will be F**ked up ;)

and anon-sbi, you know it better how a torrent client works, it updates every 30 minute or 1 hour. it means requesting whole peers list every 30 or 1 hour and some buggy torrent clients have enabled update, members can update 100 times in a minute if they want to. they will start spamming and there will be a BIG MySQL FLOOD and site will be inaccessible !

Hope this makes things clear for you Mr.anon-sbi! :naughty:

Rart: please, if you can't put something useful to make this topic interesting then please STFU and read only. PLEASE!!!
It won't get you anywhere and you know it better ;)

Rart
02-03-2010, 01:16 AM
I am unaware of the coding aspects of trackers so I'll leave anon-sbi to respond (at least I can admit that I'm clueless, heh).

Merwais, let me ask you this: This entire time you have been completely dodging the fact that TorrentDay has been lying about over 100,000 of their fictual members in order to fake the fact that their tracker is doing well. Not to mention the fact that right after /delacct.php was mentioned in this thread, they removed the link to keep the members there.

How can you so concretely believe that TD is legitimately limiting the amount of peers we see when their integrity is already more than compromised in other areas of the site?

The odds are most certainly not in their favor.

merwais
02-03-2010, 01:46 AM
@Rart: I am not 100% sure if Torrentday is limiting their peers or not, maybe they faked or maybe not. I can't judge coz i am not 100% sure about it.

I am just saying Torrents.ru and some other torrentsites have peers limitation option, that's all.

How on earth i would know about delaccount.php or whateva, there are enough members who reviewed this topic. over 4k members reviewed this topic and keep reviewing...

I don't give a shit about Torrentday or torrents.ru
I am just explaining how things works, that's all.

Rart
02-03-2010, 01:50 AM
You don't "give a shit" about TorrentDay?

The fact that you posted their site in the open signup thread about 10 times while advertising that they're "the gateway to the scene" would beg to differ.

And you still seem persistent on completely avoiding the fact that they seemed to have lied about over 100,000 members in their nonexistent userbase. How do you think that affects the integrity of the site?

merwais
02-03-2010, 02:09 AM
I like Torrentday and their speed and layout.
I don't have access to their database to know how many members they really have, so i can't tell you that.

about advertising, yeah, they asked their members to help them out.
I was helping for 3-4 weeks and posting their ads everywhere.

I was posting here also but someone asked me to stop posting/spamming, i stopped posting their ads. that's all.

maybe they have 1k or 100k or 200k, i am not sure about their user base but they are getting famous too fast ;)

TL have 180k registered members, their torrents have 180k peers ? NO :P
Every tracker have idle users. hope u know it ;)

Torrentday:
Movie: Daybreakers DVDSCR LINE XviD-MENTiON
Snatched: 22869 times ;)
Comments: 391

They do have good user base ;)

Rart
02-03-2010, 02:17 AM
I do know about the possibility of having an "idle" userbase, but the fact of the matter is that rather than just being idle, on Torrentday 100,000 member ID's are blatantly missing. It's not a matter of having part of the user base idle (which is even more likely in a new tracker like TD where users may have joined on a whim), it's the fact that while UserID's go up to 200,000, there aren't any that exist under 99,000. Which means that they are most certainly lying about there userbase, not that 100k users are "idle".

And with that kind of integrity, those snatch numbers should be taken with a grain of salt at best.

Also - how often do users who are just "casually" asked to advertise the tracker willing to spend 3-4 weeks spamming a tracker url on forums? I think it's safe to say that you're a little more dedicated to the tracker than "not giving a shit".

merwais
02-03-2010, 02:28 AM
take a chill pill ;)
I like Torrentday, that's all.

They fake or super fake, i don't care about their userbase.
All i know is i am comfortable with their layout and download speeds ;)

Rart
02-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Sigh. It's like talking to a wall. I give up. Do whatever you fucking want.

iLOVENZB
02-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Sigh. It's like talking to a wall. I give up. Do whatever you fucking want.

Lol.. BT Politics ... Love it :P.

@merwais:

You're views from TD are changing from 'I don't give a shit' to 'I like Torrentday and their speed and layout.'

bumrocks
02-03-2010, 05:45 AM
More interesting info via TorrentDay..

We do not keep log of what you have downloaded !
We do not keep log of what you have uploaded !
We do not log Members IP addresses !
We do not log members activity at all !
We are just collecting some numbers which is your seeding amount and your uploaded amount only.

And this as well...

There is only and one Rule at TorrentDay: Share Back and keep a proper ratio. A 1.0 Ratio is acceptable.
Do not advertise other torrent sites.
You can download from TorrentDay.com and upload wherever ever you want. TorrentDay is all about Sharing. All we want from you is Seed back when you download something from TorrentDay.

TorrentDay Is Giving Full Freedom To His Members. Enjoy and Seed back

iLOVENZB
02-03-2010, 06:16 AM
That makes no sense^^^

We do not log members activity at all !

There is only and one Rule at TorrentDay: Share Back and keep a proper ratio. A 1.0 Ratio is acceptable.

Where is line for banning hnrs?

AdrianPhoto
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
There are two kinds of scrape, official and official+unofficial
official returns these keys ONLY!!!
a main key called Files, has pair of key/value of these
- complete: peers with 100%, ones who sent event=completed and still on the torrent(in other words.. Seeds).
- downloaded: how many times "event=completed" was sent (ie, snatches)
- incomplete: meaning the leeches
- name: sometimes trackers use it, sometimes they don't.
UNOFFICIAL:
failure reason
flags (contains min_request_interval)

Public, private, grandpa's tracker or even grandma's tracker... that's the Scrape info.

having that said, what merwais said about cutting percentage of the peer list, that happens ONLY with REALLY REALLY popular torrents, and even small trackers with 5Kpeers on a torrent, they can handle that.

anon
02-03-2010, 06:12 PM
anon-sbi, you should know, we are not talking about public tracker.

We are talking about private tracker.

The scrape procedure is exactly the same.

Each torrent have a unique ID !

The SHA1 hash, yes.

Each member have a unique passkey.

Which is part of the URL.

For Example.

300+50 a total of 350 unique rows in MySQL database.

When client is sending a request to get total amount of peers.
Private tracker source sends a request to MySQL for the unique torrent ID to check the total amount of seeders and leechers.

It will plus all rows which includes seeders and leechers and sending back to the client.

This is where you're getting it wrong. As far as I can see, the tracker doesn't go through all the rows to send you the totals. The counts are calculated like this:

$ret = mysql_query("INSERT INTO peers ... or err('tracker error');
if ($ret)
{
if ($seeder == "yes")
$updateset[] = "seeders = seeders + 1";
else
$updateset[] = "leechers = leechers + 1";
}

That's a fragment from announce.php from the TBdev source. The "..." means I cut off that part because it was too long, feel free to check it out here:
http://www.koders.com/php/fidE3B1B27C4B87417AA047975CD7D18F5FF2C756F9.aspx?s=mysql

If seeder = yes (meaning someone just jumped the torrent with &left=0), then seeders = the old amount of seeders plus 1. Else (someone jumped with a non-zero &left= value), leechers = the old amount of seeders plus 1. That's how the seeder and leecher numbers are calculated. The tracker doesn't go through all the rows. It only sends those amounts.

If the guy has stopped the torrent, we do the opposite, i.e. subtract one from the according amount:

if ($event == "stopped")
{
if (isset($self))
{
mysql_query("DELETE FROM peers WHERE $selfwhere");
if (mysql_affected_rows())
{
if ($self["seeder"] == "yes")
$updateset[] = "seeders = seeders - 1";
else
$updateset[] = "leechers = leechers - 1";
}
}
}

I think you're confusing scraping with announcing and how some trackers won't give you all the peer IPs you request here. Furthermore, the latter doesn't happen because of anti-piracy agencies, but simple bandwidth saving, and the tracker only gives you a set amount of peers, not a %.

and anon-sbi, you know it better how a torrent client works

I can assure you I know how torrent clients work.

By the way, it's interesting to see how I mentioned delacct.php and now it's gone, then I mentioned the Top 10 and now it's gone... perhaps I should talk about browse.php? :huh:

Cabalo
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Merwais is also staff on speed.cd, the site infamous for impersonating axxo's releases.

anon
02-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Merwais is also staff on speed.cd

Yes, I noticed that as well.

Didn't he also deny being Speed.cd's merwais here?

Cabalo
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Merwais is also staff on speed.cd

Yes, I noticed that as well.

Didn't he also deny being Speed.cd's merwais here?

seed2live
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
how many tracker staff is here? thats look bad spying ppl!

anon
02-03-2010, 06:34 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-irc-channels-and-tracker-staff-members-at-fst-232869

And others not mentioned on that list.

merwais
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Merwais is also staff on speed.cd, the site infamous for impersonating axxo's releases.

Jesus man, I am not staff at speed.cd, if i were, i would advertise them every second :naughty:

@anon-sbi, hahahaha, you can't blame me for that :lol:
Try to mention browse.php also, i hope they don't delete that hahahahaha

anon-sbi, the code/sql thingy you mentioned, all trackers are not the same ;)
all coded different and the way they collect peers etc... We can't check backend how they coded and how they handle peers. so it's a big story.

anon
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Try to mention browse.php also, i hope they don't delete that hahahahaha

I'll also mention announce.php :whistling

anon-sbi, the code/sql thingy you mentioned, all trackers are not the same ;)
all coded different and the way they collect peers etc... We can't check backend how they coded and how they handle peers.

Totally right, but:
1. TD is using the TBdev codebase,
2. even if they modified it, there'd be no sense on replacing an efficient piece of code with a database-intensive one working as you mentioned.

bumrocks
02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I love this thread...http://lookpic.com/i/400/feKW3Jc.gif

iLOVENZB
02-04-2010, 12:15 AM

Impersonating? Here's a quote from NxTGeNSySoP

I'm going to sort this out.

aXXo is alive.

He still releases movies. He has stopped from public trackers and moved on to 1 private tracker.

If you would like to know the name of that tracker, then PM me.

aXXo is a administrator on there and he is the top uploader there.

Of course you know, that aXXo first started off on Darksider_RG.

If you followed his posts on the forum and on his profile, his last few posts as well as the
moderators mentioned the site he was moving too and why he stopped released on public
trackers.

To the world, aXXo's alias is the #1 movie ripper out there, the MPAA is after him,
if he keeps on public trackers then he WILL be dead.

He is very much alive, and I've even spoken with him. He releases 3-5 movies a week
and they all hit that tracker first before it is anywhere else.

So all the aXXo releases you see going up here on IPT are real.

I hope I don't see more aXXo threads going up. If you do, please direct the posters here.

Regards,
NGS.

I personally couldn't give two hoots about aXXo :P

Di@monds
02-04-2010, 12:18 AM
aXXo is god among p2p:ers :P

anon
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Impersonating?

Yes, just have a look at the "favorite quote" on aXXo's Demonoid profile.

Zac090
02-05-2010, 05:48 AM
I love this thread...http://lookpic.com/i/400/feKW3Jc.gif

iLOVENZB
02-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Impersonating?

Yes, just have a look at the "favorite quote" on aXXo's Demonoid profile.

Lol that means IPT is full of shit :P. I find it hard to believe that he only uploaded 177.49 GB.

kondrae
02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
demonoid is know for inaccurate statistics, mainly not counting upload

cinephilia
02-05-2010, 09:42 AM
who cares since ratio doesn't count ?

TP635
02-05-2010, 10:58 AM

They acknowledge it and never denied it.:yup:

anon
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Lamers whose only tracker is Demonoid and don't know how to fake a ratio proof?

Other than that I don't know. :P

iLOVENZB
02-05-2010, 05:35 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ePenis

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-your-biggest-downloaded-amount-on-trackers-388769

bumrocks
02-06-2010, 08:38 AM

http://images.4chan.org/s/src/1265444705248.jpg

Depends on whether you get an internal or external torrent link...Something like that...

anon
02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Externally-tracked torrents won't update your Demonoid stats, of course. You also have to log in to the tracker before you begin torrenting, with the same IP.

QPD
02-06-2010, 04:59 PM
you all are just jealous!

DakotaJune
02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
something I noticed was that there are only even number of snatched totals... if you check out the snatch totals from the tracker you'll see it is 1/2 the number that is shown on the webpage

err actually.. also seeders and leechers numbers are all 2x the true amount too

iLOVENZB
02-07-2010, 06:37 AM
you all are just jealous!

Of what? Another 0day tracker? :wacko:

PancakeWaffles
02-07-2010, 09:03 AM
lol it's so obvious about the stats faking it's sad.
If I go to cross seed a torrent with 0 seeders seeders jumps up to two. If I download a torrent with 0 leechers leechers number jumps up to two as well.
Since they lie about stats everyone with an account there needs to download and use something that also lies about upload and download amounts to make it fair.
You can't argue with that proof, peers do not magically appear on torrents that are dead.
Yes I made an account to say how horrible a site is, who hasn't done this before?

anon
02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
something I noticed was that there are only even number of snatched totals... if you check out the snatch totals from the tracker you'll see it is 1/2 the number that is shown on the webpage

err actually.. also seeders and leechers numbers are all 2x the true amount too

If I go to cross seed a torrent with 0 seeders seeders jumps up to two. If I download a torrent with 0 leechers leechers number jumps up to two as well.

Create a tracker, advertise it everywhere, and make the script double the amounts of seeders, leechers and snatches... how come I didn't think of that? :blink:

QPD
02-07-2010, 04:53 PM
but they are growing...fast! ( half the speed they brag about, but fast enough though)

RadiancE
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
:blink: Fishy, to say the least.

kondrae
02-08-2010, 06:12 AM

/sarcasm

pinuk
02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
lol it's so obvious about the stats faking it's sad.

I have a TorrentDay account so I thought i'd look into this. I started seeding a torrent which shows with 3 seeders in my torrent client. However, their site shows 6 seeders. Tut Tut!

theGeek
02-08-2010, 04:13 PM
C'mon guys, they're just exaggerating :P

I'm letting my account there die since the delete option was removed.

anon
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM

I don't. :whistling

KevinGarnet
02-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Is it really important if they faking number of registered users? Really important thing that their pre-times quite good and speed quite good. More people more seeders more leechers more easier to keep ratio and most important thing - faster speed.. That's important for me. Actually i don't care the number of registered users. If they faking let it be if not it's even better. So i don't see any difference. That's my personal opinion.

anon
02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Is it really important if they faking number of registered users?

Just like the banner ads at Lookpic, it doesn't speak well of the tracker, does it?

Really important thing that their pre-times quite good and speed quite good.

I didn't get good speeds. :dry:

pinuk
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I actually quite like the site too, and myself don't care about the number of users they have. However, doubling the amount of seeders/leechers they display on the website isn't something I am very happy about.

At the end of the day, if they are dishonest when reporting the number of seeders & leechers then it doesn't fill you with confidence as to how honestly they would deal with you does it?

KevinGarnet
02-08-2010, 04:37 PM
In some points you're right anon-sbi. Mhm, good speed for everyone i think is different. For me i can download maximum speed from TD.. of course speed is better when seeders number is bigger. With not much seeders speed is quite slow and i don't comparing this tracker with TL, revTT, IPT or other big, fast tracker. This tracker in my opinion is just quite good or let's say better than nothing.

theGeek
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Dishonesty is something many people are not fond of. Its a sign that theres something wrong with whoever is running the site :K

merwais
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't know what you guys talking about.
I just downloaded 3-4 torrents for test, i can see 10 seeder and 5 leecher on their site and same amount on my torrent client.

Seems fine on my side.

anon
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't know what you guys talking about.
I just downloaded 3-4 torrents for test, i can see 10 seeder and 5 leecher on their site and same amount on my torrent client.

Well, either they "fixed" that now or the correct amounts are magically displayed for you, because everyone else appears to see half the seeders and leechers the frontend says torrents have in their client. :whistling

iLOVENZB
02-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Hmm decided to see for myself what all the bullshit was about. As you can see in the screenshot, You can clearly see that the number of peers are more on the site than the torrent.

http://lookpic.com/i/697/tw2unIst.png

I'm sure you'll probably bitch about my port arent forwarded properly or im limiting peers to a certain country etc. I can assure you I'm not.

The_Martinator
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Never heard of the site. Also not everything is in the numbers (levels or otherwise). It's a type of people that make a site great.

merwais
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
iLOVENZB, i can see leecher numbers are matching 100%.

On their site it shows: 267 leechers
and on your client, it shows: 272 leechers

Seeder shows 3430 and on your client: 1723, maybe they didn't allow you to scrape whole seed peers ;)

I don't see any problem there, data is matching. so there is nothing to bitch about.

anon
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Seeder shows 3430 and on your client: 1723, maybe they didn't allow you to scrape whole seed peers ;)

Here we go again... :whistling

bibell
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
well today i couldnt get into torrentday do you think they were closed down???

dagg3r
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
i too found the same, the seeders and leechers werent same as on utorrent :/

zooks
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM

me too, bubble burst?

anon
03-25-2010, 04:17 PM

I get an HTTP 500 error here. :unsure:

merwais
03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Torrentday is fine and working.

TPB shows 20k seeders also and i see only 1-2k peers, means they are faking hmmmm damn TPB :P
stop acting like a dumb and enjoy what TD is offering. ;)

anon
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
TPB shows 20k seeders also and i see only 1-2k peers, means they are faking hmmmm damn TPB

Perhaps you're downloading a fake torrent. :O

QPD
03-25-2010, 06:17 PM
HTTP 500 here !

pinuk
03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I get:
"[2013] dbconn: mysql_connect: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111"

PancakeWaffles
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
TPB shows 20k seeders also and i see only 1-2k peers, means they are faking hmmmm damn TPB

Perhaps you're downloading a fake torrent. :O

Based on the stupidity of his other posts I would have to say yeah, he will probably getting a letter from one of those copyright companies soon.

Or TPB's numbers are incorrect due to multiple trackers listed for a torrent (maybe?).

merwais
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Seems fixed. :)

anon
03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Or TPB's numbers are incorrect due to multiple trackers listed for a torrent (maybe?).

Can happen if the torrent has four trackers in it and they're reporting 5000 seeders each.

JustLookinIn
08-07-2010, 07:30 PM
If you look in the torrent list on TorrentDay, EVERY seeder number is an even number, and it is EXACTLY double the information that the tracker reports.

TorrentDay is padding their number of seeders for some reason, and I don't like deception.

They also have a new way to gouge money from it's member's too.

They don't allow requests, BUT if you are willing to "donate" they will upload what you want.

stoi
08-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Donate and ask for Resident Evil 1.5 (PS1 game)

they will crap themselves, its real but only 6 (or not many more) were ever released, and the chances of finding it on P2P are about 1 bil to 1 (if not more)

c0ld
08-07-2010, 08:10 PM
stop me disturbing fucking

mesoka
08-07-2010, 08:17 PM
it is looking cool why not become next tl :)

anon
08-07-2010, 08:26 PM
why not become next tl :)

Yeah, why not? TL doesn't fake the amounts of seeders and leechers they show for each torrent. Why can't TorrentDay act that way also?

RasToRizE
08-08-2010, 11:23 AM
lol, not surprising

Lucifer9999
08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
is quite funny that the number of seeders at any torrent is even....:ghey::slap::yahoo:

anon
08-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I wonder what explanation merwais will come up with to explain that.

bijoy
08-09-2010, 12:33 PM
surprising.. never heard of this before.

frankcompaq
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
hello i am new !

anon
08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
hello i am new !

I wonder what happened to the "hello, noobs" thread. :unsure:

bijoy
08-12-2010, 12:37 PM
hello i am new !

hey, you have posted in a wrong section.

lukarav
08-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I think this site is one big leech heaven, you can seed as much you want, but if you want to download a torrent 1 month old and 50 seeders you probably wont get more then 500 KB/s

MDI
11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Currently we have 1,016,325 registered members.

wow

elbuitre
11-22-2010, 03:22 PM
that's... very unlikely

anon
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM

wow

I'd comment on how that's a blatant lie, but I want to check whether merwais' "shit-storm mode" activates by me merely posting on a TorrentDay thread!

Burnsy
11-22-2010, 06:33 PM

wow

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bull-fucking-shit... The staff at that tracker must have actually started believing their own bollocks :P :P :P

kbcurtis
11-23-2010, 02:54 AM
It's open signup, I always go to this site for finding some 0day, it's a useful site in fact...

Burnsy
11-23-2010, 03:44 AM
It's open signup, I always go to this site for finding some 0day, it's a useful site in fact...

I bet you always stick your tongue to frozen poles in the winter too, don't you? :)

dexico90
11-23-2010, 09:13 AM
go to torrents.ru

No. I think you're just blindly protecting the tracker.

I just downloaded the most popular torrent on IPT, with 4400 seeders.

ALL 4400 seeders show up on my client.

When I download from TorrentDay, it conveniently decides to always display exactly "half" the peers. Even when the peers are massive, with the site displaying 5200+, it only displays ~2600. And exactly half the leechers as well.

It's not that the site is preventing me from scraping more than 3-5% in case I'm a "copyright agency". There are blatantly lying about their peer count.

Not to mention the fact that their credibility is also undermined by the fact that they have lied and overexaggerated their member count by over 100,000. Care to explain that discrepancy as well?

Oh and your constant advertising of the site in the open signups thread, your undying praise of IPT in nearly everyone of your posts, and your odd, seemingly dedicated hatred of RevTT for no apparent reason certainly lend to your credibility as well.

This is not a site to trust.

Edit: I have tried downloading a torrent from torrents.ru. It appears to have a different system, where in the total peers column it will still only display the peers you are connected to. However, since on TD I see all of the 2000 peers immediately, it's obviously not using a similar system as torrents.ru and isn't a valid comparison between the two. Perhaps anon could elaborate more on how this works, I'm not really familiar with trackers.

I really cant read all this because I think that site dont deserve that. I registered when they started and from very same start they faked seeders and leachers. EVERY SEEDER WAS DOUBLED. So when You see 2 seeders its actualy one guy seeding. There were NO impair number of seeders there. Same was with leechers but they made some script to change that. Last time I checked they also had pair number of seeders. Check it Yourself, they have pair number of seeder on EVERY TORRENT. They build up their user base upon LIES and that will not end up good...

anon
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
EVERY SEEDER WAS DOUBLED. So when You see 2 seeders its actualy one guy seeding. There were NO impair number of seeders there. Same was with leechers but they made some script to change that. Last time I checked they also had pair number of seeders.

True. Look at the review screenshots and all the numbers of seeders and leechers are even.

What puzzles me is that I don't really know why they do that. At best, the sysop wanted to be "famous", installed a TBdev script on a server, and faked the stats so that people would be attacted. At worst, it's something much different - like a honeypot.

ScottK
11-24-2010, 07:25 PM
is it true somehow TorrentDay & IPT really have connection?

anon
11-24-2010, 07:29 PM

How about you search this thread? :yup:

ScottK
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM

How about you search this thread? :yup:

didnt found it :(
but i guess it doesnt matter. (not the part IPT also faking their stats)

sapiezdutrium
11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
who is hombre ?

lol87
11-24-2010, 10:26 PM
I truely think that torrentday is faking with the nr. of users, seeds og leechers.

I rarely use torrentday, but when I download something, then I observed that they have ( exampel ) 30 seeds and 10 leechers. Somehow my pc connects to only 5 seeds and few leechers. In addition of that, the speed is sometimes incredibly low.

I'm not really planing to use this tracker in the future, since I'm too suspecious for that site. Everybody can create an account, also unwanted ones ( MPAA etc ). I'm not feeling safe with that site. I'll let my account stay untouched and hopefully my account will be disabled for inactivity.

pone44
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Never joined this site. Not defending it either but could it be that members have DHT turned on in their clients,would that record every external download? If mentioned in this thread,I was too lazy to look back.

anon
11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
could it be that members have DHT turned on in their clients,would that record every external download?

Not a chance. :)

fstemon
11-24-2010, 11:40 PM

Yes, they're fuck buddies.

Cabalo
11-25-2010, 12:16 AM
What's taking merwais so long? :unsure:

merwais
11-25-2010, 12:28 AM
What's taking merwais so long? :unsure:
I reviewed all these comments 24 hours ago but didn't comment ;)
Just reading, not interested in anon-sbi comments really. he just leaves BS comments.

but yeah, i am always around to fight with ya just like i did because of FTN site :P

P.S: anon-sbi, stop your BS because only stupids will believe your BS, you are a cheater and will always remain a cheater ;) - if you are not a cheater then prove it else STFU ! :yup:

Burnsy
11-25-2010, 12:34 AM
P.S: anon-sbi, stop your BS because only stupids will believe your BS, you are a cheater and will always remain a cheater ;) - if you are not a cheater then prove it else STFU ! :yup:

Should probably read...

P.S: everyone, I will stop all my BS now, because only stupids will believe your me, on a complete side note, and not that it has any fucking relevance to TD faking their stats whatsoever, you are a cheater and will always remain a cheater ;) - if you are not a cheater then prove it else STFU ! :yup:

I corrected that and added in a little bit myself... you may have noticed :) Just a minor edit, but I find it to be a lot more accurate :)

merwais
11-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Burnsy, very nice of you.
You feel good now :) ?

I hope you are feeling very comfy now. enjoy ;)

IdolEyes787
11-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Just a quick question, does the "I" in this particular instance stand for something other than the usual ?
I'm just curious if the staff of IPT and I could possibly of similar opinion.

anon
11-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Just reading, not interested in anon-sbi comments really. he just leaves BS comments.

The only bullshit comment I see here is yours. You denigrate my posts and claim not to be interested, yet you always reply to them with the same stuff. :rolleyes:

Well, for starters, I don't use torrents anymore. I've switched to one-click hosters. And I don't even "cheat" those by changing my IP or anything, since I have Premium accounts.

Why do still I keep on posting in the BT sections on a daily basis? I couldn't stand missing the fun and drama supplied by FST, as well as giving other users a hand with stuff whenever possible. The fact I no longer use something doesn't mean I've discarded all my knowledge about it.

How can you know I'm not lying? You have my word.

Does it mean anything to you? Probably not.

Do I really care? Nope. Got better things to do.

And if I always leave "bullshit comments", then feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Just a quick question, does the "I" in this particular instance stand for something other than the usual ?

While we're at it, may as well ask what the "IP" in IPT means. I doubt it's Internet Protocol Torrents or "I pee torrents". :happy:

whatcdfan
11-25-2010, 05:36 PM
after shit spitting a brand new mysql tutorial at fst :lol:
@merwais: no matter how much u defend it, the peer stats are incorrect
and why the hell they want us to believe and trust them??:frusty:
and that account deletion script removal issue?
its really scary...........

Kado
11-25-2010, 06:21 PM
allotsa of memeber of theat tracker !

ScottK
11-26-2010, 06:08 AM
allotsa of memeber of theat tracker !

what? :|

Burnsy
11-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Burnsy, very nice of you.
You feel good now :) ?

I hope you are feeling very comfy now. enjoy ;)

PooBar
11-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Are you guys talking about the same Torrentday that has this banner Currently we have 1,027,139 registered members. ?How can you say it's the next TL?. TL has 200.000 member's give or take a few hunderd.
Been a member there since that banner said about 200.000 user's and thought it was ok.
Dont use it much now because of the way they brag to the world how many user's there are.
So i kind of figure..mmm, how many are keeping a proper ratio?, why should i give them my Seedbox bandwidth then?
So only use it to keep my acc active.

Cabalo
11-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Don't worry, they won't delete your account for inactivity. Just went check and mine isn't disabled, after not having logged in for around 6 months. :rolleyes:

anon
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Are you guys talking about the same Torrentday that has this banner Currently we have 1,027,139 registered members. ?How can you say it's the next TL?. TL has 200.000 member's give or take a few hunderd.

Yes, but unlike it's the case at TorrentDay, all of TL's members actually exist! :happy: