PDA

View Full Version : FSC Review

WTAW
10-10-2007, 12:04 AM
FSC Review

General
FSC is one of the best community based trackers. It differentiates itself from most trackers by trying to return the focus to the two most important things which brings us all together, which are having fun and sharing with our friends. Although the tracker is pretty decent, most members will agree that the real appeal of FSC lies within its incredible community, which is very active in the forums. The site prides itself on the fact that no user has ever been banned due to bad ratio, and that every user with a bad ratio got plenty of chances to fix his/her ratio, which probably came along with advice from staff on how to achieve this goal. FSC also has a unique ratio system, which is called a Share Index, which takes into account the user's will to share, rather than focus only on normal upload/download ratio.
The content on the tracker is a mix of your usual 0-day releases, combined with specialized materials (see information about Clubs) and filled requests.

Forums and Clubs
FSC forums are some of the best on the net. In addition to normal forums found on many trackers, FSC's forums contain clubs, which are sub-forums focusing on certain interests, where enthusiasts can get together and discuss their hobbies and views. Naturally, club members use the tracker to share files related to the mutual fields of interest. The clubs are:

The DVD Club - For discussion and developement of the DVD Club
The Music Club - lalalal la la laaaa
The Philosophy Club - Dead Poets Society
x264 Club | High Def - For encoding discussion and High Def interest
The Creative Club - For combining creativity and technology. Digital, Audio, Video, Coding.
The Anime Club - Because we never grew up
The Game Club - We came. We clicked. We conquered. - Club for all Gaming
The TV Club - All the TV-shows you ever wanted
The Fight Club - Discussion of Fight related material
The Kids Club - Disney, Cartoons and other kids related stuff

Categories

Anime

Appz/DOX

Appz/LinuX

Appz/Windows

Cartoons
eBooks

Games/Console

Games/misc
Games/PC

Misc
Movies/DVDR NTSC

Movies/DVDR PAL

Movies/SVCD

Movies/VCD

Movies/x264
Movies/XviD

Music

Music/Videos

TV/DVDR TV/XviD
XXX

(*) FSC only allows legal material to be shared. The user agreement specifically requires every member to legally own any copyrighted material he accesses.

User Classes
Leecher - Has not shared enough with the community and risks being disabled
Those members who do not practice the spirit of sharing. If a member continually disconnects from a torrent the moment it has finished (Hit & Run), then they will be demoted by staff.

Member - The default class of new members.

Advanced Member - Can view NFO files and access more of the forum.
Must have been be a member for at least 2 weeks, have uploaded at least 25GB and have a Share Index at or above 1.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met.

Advanced Seeder - Same privileges as Advanced Member and is a good sharer.
Must have been be a member for at least 4 weeks, have uploaded at least 50GB and have a Share Index at or above 2.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met.

Super Seeder - Same privileges as Advanced Member and is a great sharer.
Must have been be a member for at least 4 weeks, have uploaded at least 250GB and have a Share Index at or above 5.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met.

Star - Has donated money to FSC.
Just donate, and send the best coder in the industry - and only him - the details.

VIP - Same privileges as Advanced Member and is considered an Important Member of FSC. Immune to automatic demotion.
Promotion based on contribution (monetory or otherwise). This promotion is a privilege, not a right. The staff reserve the right to demote anyone they feel are abusing this privilege.

Support Team - Special members who give their time to help others.
Conferred by the staff at their discretion to those that can contribute in this role.

Elite - Same privileges as VIP and is considered an Elite Member of FSC. Immune to automatic demotion.
Assigned by staff only after special consideration. (Please do NOT ask for *ELITE* status.)

Apprentice Moderator - Can edit and delete any user comments and posts. Can issue warnings and disable posting rights..
Members of our community that show they have that something special for this job!

Moderator - Can edit and delete any uploaded torrents. Can also moderate user comments and disable accounts.
Members of our community that show they have that something special for this job!

Global Moderator - Can do more than a moderator but not as much as a supervisor.

Supervisor - Can edit and delete accounts. Can IP ban a user.

Administrator - Can do almost anything (except make a cup of tea).

Invites
Since FSC is not your average tracker, getting an invite is not as trivial thing. Invites are not handed out automatically, but must be requested by members and handed out individually by staff members. Only advanced users and above may request invites, and having a huge buffer does not automatically warrant success in receiving an invite. While exact details for qualification to receiving invites is not disclosed by staff members, requesting users are expected to be active in the community (post in the forums, write meaningful comments on torrents etc.) to be considered eligble to receive them.

The Share Index System (c)
The Share Index system is unique to FSC, and was designed to help those that find it hard to seed back enough to maintain a healthy ratio. For each 24 hours of connectivity, members earn a ratio 0.10 for each active torrent. That means that even if no one leeches from a seeder, within 10 days of sharing he will have a ratio of at least 1.0 on that torrent! This special ratio is called a Share Ratio, and is basically a bonus, added to the traditional up/down file ratio.

The Share Ratio is added to the member's file ratio to create a combined ratio, which is called a Share Index. The Share Index is the defacto measure of sharing on the site. If you are partially successful in seeding some data back, the Share Ratio for that torrent will help to boost the file ratio. All this goes into the Share Index.

Staff
One of the best things about FSC is its staff, which is extremely nice, helpful and mature. The coding of the site is excellent, and the site has almost zero downtime. The main coder is considered by many to be a legend in the BT community.

Additional Available Features
Active IRC channel with free humps.

Additional Information
To become an uploader you must fill in a request in a special forum and get approval by a staff member.

cake6
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
can I have a screen please =D

IdolEyes787
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
No.

Skiz
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Why not? :huh:

anon
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Respecting the tracker's privacy, I presume.

susiserken
02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Respecting the tracker's privacy, I presume.

Most of the bittorrent forums break that rule whats so special about fsc? :rolleyes:

all the cool kids and teens go there i guess:mellow:

Skiz
02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Screenshots do little more than what is posted already. I like screenshots as they better show the number of leechers and seeders, the type of files which are being uploaded, the aesthetics and UI of the site, etc.

If the thread starter had said "No" I would have understood that as a personal preference or he/she simply did not have any. But a mod saying "No" after a request insinuates that they aren't allowed. Hence, my question.

anon
02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Most of the bittorrent forums break that rule whats so special about fsc? :rolleyes:

I like seeing screenshots too, I was just throwing a guess. Seems we'll have to wait until a Mod replies. :P

susiserken
02-15-2010, 10:45 PM
So what would happen if fsc url was posted? :unsure:

Burnsy
02-15-2010, 10:56 PM

If memory serves me in the past, moderators have gone along with the trackers wishes and removed the URL's etc...

Not sure about SS's though as I think there was something about E**** not long ago and screens were posted of that, in fact they're probably still there, I'm just too lazy to go look and post the link here :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Why not? :huh:

I was being flippant . :unsure: As for certain sites being given special treatment that's not really accurate since I pretty much ignore them equally .

That was me being flippant again btw.

Seriously answer:there isn't one at present and since I'm a member of that site and bound by it's rules I really can't provide one.

See that was a waste of a lot of time when in my case no pretty much had covered it.

Burnsy
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
As for certain sites being given special treatment that's not really accurate

Just to clarify, I wasn't inferring any sites got special treatment, just that it seems the norm (and rightly so imho) that url's are removed if requested. I remember a complete thread being removed once because it displayed the url etc of a site that liked to protect it's privacy...

See that was a waste of a lot of time when in my case no pretty much had covered it.

True :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Seriously I don't really have anything to do with this section.

anon
02-15-2010, 11:48 PM

FSC's full name is caught and censored by the filters, and bypassing them is a rule violation.

Burnsy, you're right, a E**** review was posted with pics and everything, but I think a Mod edited them to remove the full name.

susiserken
02-15-2010, 11:51 PM

FSC's full name is caught and censored by the filters, and bypassing them is a rule violation.

Burnsy, you're right, a E**** review was posted with pics and everything, but I think a Mod edited them to remove the full name.

I felt like being a rebel i guess its no use now :P

j/k :shifty:

anon
02-15-2010, 11:52 PM

You don't want to end up with 2 infraction points, do you? :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-16-2010, 12:19 AM
You know I've never even learned the full name of E whatever it is.Extremely unlikely I'm ever going to be a member so never really seen any reason.

anon
02-16-2010, 12:20 AM
You know I've never even learned the full name of E whatever it is.

If you want to end the mystery once and for all just PM me :lol:

susiserken
02-16-2010, 12:23 AM

You don't want to end up with 2 infraction points, do you? :lol:

Maybe i`d look good in DISABLED PRIVS :blushing:

anon
02-16-2010, 12:25 AM
You need at least 5 points for that.

IdolEyes787
02-16-2010, 12:31 AM
You know I've never even learned the full name of E whatever it is.

If you want to end the mystery once and for all just PM me :lol:

But what is life without any mystery?

anon
02-16-2010, 12:34 AM
But surely there are better ones than the name of a tracker you'll probably never join..?

IdolEyes787
02-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I already know where Jimmy Hoffa's buried and who really shot JFK.

ca_aok
02-16-2010, 03:03 AM
The site has recently switched to a text only design based on the GOPHER protocol. So images were deemed pointless?

tnt
02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
can I have a screen please =D
Don't think so. This site is unbrowsable!believe me making a screen is really hard mission. And rumors says that only staff is capable to load their site. Normal members are using super special mirc script so they can download .torrent file through irc.And then those guys are wondering why you don't leech @FSC :lol:

PureL
02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
wtf is that?

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Is someone actually that stupid? Considering the black bar, and the font at use his name cannot be any longer than 4-5 characters, most probably just 4. With that specific Share Index, Upload and Download finding him is what? A joke.

He might as well leave nothing censored.

th0r
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
This site is unbrowsable! Believe me, making a screen is a really hard mission.I've been a member of FSC for almost three years and it's still a snail's pace to navigate around the forum and the browse page.

Cabalo
02-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Be careful with the links you click...

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Cabalo, what was the problem? It was a tinypic image so it couldn't have been stealing my IP, or was there some other problem?

I'm not accusing you of anything, I just saw the "nice try" in there for that user, and was wondering what he was up to.

anon
02-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Cabalo, what was the problem? It was a tinypic image so it couldn't have been stealing my IP, or was there some other problem?

If you look closer, there was a dot where the slash should have been.

Cabalo
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM

If you look closer, there was a dot where the slash should have been.

Exactly. If you (ringhunter) want to check it more closely, then go to tinypic and try uploading a picture yourself, and check the URLs you can use. Then compare.

That dude and his dupe account are now banned.

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I understand that, meh. I replaced it with a slash before looking because I thought it was a mistake. Didn't occur to me.

knightm
09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
looks like a good tracker :)

Itzik007
09-30-2010, 12:42 AM
no screens?

Champo101
10-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Read the first few pages :facepalm:

gerey
12-06-2010, 12:06 AM
want screen..

IdolEyes787
12-06-2010, 12:13 AM
want screen..No .

Strange that seemed to be a lot wittier when I was a mod.

Read the post directly above yours :facepalm: ...

blhjn
12-06-2010, 07:47 AM
I love this hidden community tracker.
looking forward to joining lol

gamesover
12-06-2010, 08:39 AM
I love this hidden community tracker.
looking forward to joining lol

I said it before and I'll say it again, how can you love something you haven't yet experienced?

anon
12-06-2010, 11:21 AM
want screen..

Look elsewhere, or right above your post. You may find the reasons there aren't any screens in this review. Looking at screenshots of a tracker interface you'll probably never use yourself won't bring you much satisfaction, anyway.

I said it before and I'll say it again, how can you love something you haven't yet experienced?

He just does. Don't ask questions. :lol:

alreadybe
01-13-2011, 07:33 AM
If memory serves me in the past, moderators have gone along with the trackers wishes and removed the URL's etc...

Does that mean they're going to change my username? Sounds annoying, lol

Solitude
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Does that mean they're going to change my username? Sounds annoying, lol
Yeah, would be such an annoyance for a person who made new account just to post it :)

anon
01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, would be such an annoyance for a person who made new account just to post it :)

What he said...

TraNNNce
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
OMG is the most wanted tracker :D

CleverMan
01-21-2011, 08:07 AM
OMG is the most wanted tracker :D
really? hever heard about OMG tracker, what that stands for i wonder? :huh:

anon
01-21-2011, 04:40 PM
hever heard about OMG tracker, what that stands for i wonder? :huh:

ObamaTorrents.

Juggernaut1971
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Well i agree about not posting screen shots!!. This is a very high level tracker,we have to respect the trackers privacy by not blasting images all over the web. Everybody saying its too slow,fsc works fine for me,you need a fast connection for it to load better, i always seem to browse just fine.

IdolEyes787
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Well i agree about not posting screen shots!!. This is a very high level tracker,we have to respect the trackers privacy by not blasting images all over the web.

So all the" low level trackers " that also have it in their rules not to post screenshots but people do anyway ,you're fine with that then?

Btw just out of curiousity someone please enlighten me with what's harmful in an edited screenshot anyway?
Far as I can tell most trackers carry the same torrents and other than section titles the forums are set up more or less the same so what are the screens really showing anyone except for different themes.
If you are going to acknowledge the existence of some of these places I don't think adding to that by showing that they are red or blue is making much of a difference.:unsure:

anon
01-25-2011, 05:56 PM
So all the" low level trackers " that also have it in their rules not to post screenshots but people do anyway ,you're fine with that then?

:yup:

With the smiley I meant "what he said", not "yes". Just so that it's clear. It's pretty stupid to selectively disregard trackers' rules based on their rarity, but some people do it all the time, with reviews and giveaways.

ScottK
01-25-2011, 08:47 PM
It happen everyday. get used to it.

Solitude
01-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Everybody saying its too slow,fsc works fine for me,you need a fast connection for it to load better, i always seem to browse just fine.
It's one of very few sites that loads slow on my 10mbit, I think I'll need to upgrade to at least 25mbps to get all that advanced HTML faster. Thanks for the tip, you sound like a smart guy ;)

ajsi
01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
well I got a 100Mb home connection and it is slow for me as well, so don't think 25Mb will make any difference.

ignis
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
it's slow because it is hosted in malaysia

njuubie
07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Only the crappiest site on the Interwebs. Even FTN - which, may I add, stinks hardcore - outperforms this piece of rubbish. I made my own personal review already in another thread. You're all welcome to check it out.

EDIT: Here's my personal, objective review:

Hereby I feel compelled to say that FSC is a crappy tracker. It must have the worst design I have ever laid my eyes on - was the "designer" inspired by fresh vomit? I'm not even going to start by saying how ridiculously bad it is content-wise. Almost exclusively bad quality formats and 1 peer per every torrent. Is that site even alive? The last slightly entertaining or informative forum post was made in 2005. No wonder that every other thread in these forums is titled 'HAVE FSC, NEED XXX' - it's a piece of shit tracker and people want something with actual value.

TheFoX
12-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Only the crappiest site on the Interwebs. Even FTN - which, may I add, stinks hardcore - outperforms this piece of rubbish. I made my own personal review already in another thread. You're all welcome to check it out.

EDIT: Here's my personal, objective review:

Hereby I feel compelled to say that FSC is a crappy tracker. It must have the worst design I have ever laid my eyes on - was the "designer" inspired by fresh vomit? I'm not even going to start by saying how ridiculously bad it is content-wise. Almost exclusively bad quality formats and 1 peer per every torrent. Is that site even alive? The last slightly entertaining or informative forum post was made in 2005. No wonder that every other thread in these forums is titled 'HAVE FSC, NEED XXX' - it's a piece of shit tracker and people want something with actual value.

So, you came up with all that, just by looking at the FAVICON? You must be something special, by all accounts.

gamesover
12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Just out of curiosity why are you are only now responding to a reply that was made almost 5 months ago?

mjmacky
12-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Just out of curiosity why are you are only now responding to a reply that was made almost 5 months ago?

My guess is because he doesn't come to post very often. That should be OK, since forums aren't chat rooms. There are no teen girls on forums.

tannersmith
12-27-2011, 03:24 AM
I think all comunity trackers are overrated. It's just a bunch of nerds, really. Boring.

Amadeu
05-20-2012, 09:18 PM
High level, invites none and a few torrents. This is FSC but good for trade.

Suun
08-09-2012, 01:09 PM
where imagesssss

gamesover
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM
where imagesssss

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/389689-FSC-Review?p=3391829&viewfull=1#post3391829 - what he said.

NOMENESS
07-27-2013, 03:27 PM
great review but if u can provide it with screen shoots it will be awesome

Csabi
07-28-2013, 04:31 AM
How to request a new PIN?

Csabi
08-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I need old account please name Ferenc1987

zedelph
09-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Trackers who are sooooo elite shouldn't get reviews at all, if they want to be hidden so they should be. Hard to believe so many people want to be part of such elitair behaviour, it's just torrenting...

karachidude
09-15-2013, 11:18 AM

You could come to the support channel, have PM ed you the address. :)

IdolEyes787
09-15-2013, 12:05 PM

The fact he presumably traded his way on there doesn't bother you then?

karachidude
09-15-2013, 12:46 PM

The fact he presumably traded his way on there doesn't bother you then?

oh..dint read into his post history,thanks for pointing out idol! :pinch:

TheFoX
04-21-2014, 10:47 AM

Probably because I spend most of my time in the Lounge, with the other preferred members. Besides, I like to consider my answer first, which is why it has taken me around three years to respond to your question.

megabyteme
04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
I believe that's commonly referred to as "still waters run deep", however, in this case it could simply be stagnation. :idunno:

Ferenc19870912
12-26-2017, 06:54 AM
hello help me get back to the site Login name:Ferenc1987 email:[email protected] Merry Christmas anyway

anon
12-26-2017, 02:22 PM
hello help me get back to the site Login name:Ferenc1987

You know, this is what support channels are there for. You should join FSC's (and those of the other sites you're having trouble with) and try to get it solved there.

Skiz
12-26-2017, 07:08 PM
Didn't FSC close down years ago? :unsure:

anon
12-26-2017, 08:48 PM
No, they're still around. You may be confusing them with those other two sites whose names also started with an F :P

Skiz
12-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Ah. kk.