PDA

View Full Version : England V Turkey

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 04:55 PM
This thread is not back, nor is it the old thread. I just couldn't think of a better name. :)

Friendly banter please, maybe the use of smilies would help. :)

Now, where were we ...

Oh, yes ... England were shite, and Turkey should have won.

I think that's it ..

:)

Edit: Spelling

soopaman
10-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Forgive me for taking the contrary point of view Billy. :lol:

scribblec
10-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 16:55
This thread is not back, nor is it the old thread. I just couldn't think of a better name. :)

Friendly banter please, maybe the use of smilies would help. :)

Now, where were we ...

Oh, yes ... England were shite, and Turkey should have one.

I think that's it ..

i dont think this topic can turn out friendly
and i agree your right about england being shite.....

lynx
10-17-2003, 05:05 PM
The Kernel said we should have chicken not turkey, but he was a nut.

scribblec
10-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by lynx@17 October 2003 - 17:05
The Kernel said we should have chicken not turkey, but he was a nut.
not being rude but u talk so much shit
irrelevant to any topic
in some other topic u just post

thats rite

about 3 times in one topic

lynx
10-17-2003, 05:11 PM
And I will continue to do so.

This is the lounge, in case you hadn't noticed.

If you don't like it, fuck off elsewhere.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Scribblec

Immediate flame - there's a surprise.

Still want me under that truck.

Still wondering where you were born btw. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Turkey.

Worth a try tho' Billy.

soopaman
10-17-2003, 05:27 PM
I just want it to go on record that I didn't start the flaming here!!! :lol:

I see Alpay was offering the excuse that Beckham spat on his shirt badge. Not really much of an excuse for putting your finger up his nose!! Not saying I'm ungracious but I hope Turkey don't qualify because it'd be a shame to have to run their fans all over Portugal!! :P :lol:

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 05:42 PM
I think they will qualify.

What will happen if they are in the same group as England.

Will they ban the English and let the Turkish go. That seems to be the form for EUFA.

Can't see it tho'. The English are memberrs of the EU so are entitled to freedom of movement. The Turkish are not. Indeed they are struggling to get in because of their human rights problems and being a major source country for heroin.

So it may be that the English would get to see those games, but the Turkish not.

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Much more shit from the England "fans" and they won't be there either.

Unfortunately, something like the European championships will attract the idiots like magnets.

scribblec
10-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@17 October 2003 - 17:42

Will they ban the English and let the Turkish go. That seems to be the form for EUFA.

Can't see it tho'. The English are memberrs of the EU so are entitled to freedom of movement. The Turkish are not. Indeed they are struggling to get in because of their human rights problems and being a major source country for heroin.

So it may be that the English would get to see those games, but the Turkish not.
they cant be in the same group idiot there both seeded as second rate teams....

also yea im surprised u havent died yet cos im pretty sure that would become a dream come true so do me a favour and play on your road :)

and lynx just cos its the lounge doesnt mean u have to be a fucking prick and post so much shit where it is not relavent i would love to see u start a topic see the shit i wriggt on that ok?

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Have you tried Ritalin Scribbly?

soopaman
10-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 18:53

Yeah Scribblec, stop your A.D.D antics!! :P :lol: And stop with the wishing other members dead - ever heard of Karma???

scribblec
10-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by soopaman+17 October 2003 - 18:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 17 October 2003 - 18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 18:53

Yeah Scribblec, stop your A.D.D antics&#33;&#33; :P :lol: And stop with the wishing other members dead - ever heard of Karma??? [/b][/quote]
trust me this guy deserves to be dead....

thewizeard
10-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by scribblec+17 October 2003 - 19:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 17 October 2003 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by soopaman@17 October 2003 - 18:00
<!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 18:53

Yeah Scribblec, stop your A.D.D antics&#33;&#33; :P :lol: And stop with the wishing other members dead - ever heard of Karma???
trust me this guy deserves to be dead.... [/b][/quote]
This is unacceptable Scribblec...

scribblec
10-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by nigel123+17 October 2003 - 18:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 17 October 2003 - 18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by scribblec@17 October 2003 - 19:14

Originally posted by soopaman@17 October 2003 - 18:00
<!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 18:53

Yeah Scribblec, stop your A.D.D antics&#33;&#33; :P :lol: And stop with the wishing other members dead - ever heard of Karma???
trust me this guy deserves to be dead....
This is unacceptable Scribblec... [/b][/quote]
not if you understood the way he jus pises me off
and its been going on since the beginning of time like january

thewizeard
10-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Just words, that&#39;s all&#33; Don&#39;t let yourself be upset by words.

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 06:23 PM
If it&#39;s been going on since January, you should be grown up enough to stop it.

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Alpay has changed his mind on what happened 3 time&#39;s since the match did anyone spot Beckham spitting at Alpay as he was getting up from the spot kick,all I saw was his attempted headbutt,which was stupid & deserved a bollocking.O&#39;leary has given Alpay 3 day&#39;s off to be with his family,his kid&#39;s go to school in brummie land so can you imagine what shit is being thrown at his kid,s.Alpay & other players should step back before opening there mouth&#39;s or attempt to wind up some player & think of there kids safety,cause there is nothing more cruel than a child&#39;s bullying.The End C,mon England,Wale&#39;s,Scotland. & Sheffield Utd.Up The Blades

thewizeard
10-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Scribblec, we all have differences of opinion, sometimes it can get quite heated...but at the end of the day we are all part of the same community. You know there is a saying, "You can catch more flys with honey than vinegar."( or something like that&#33;)

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by scribblec+17 October 2003 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 17 October 2003 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@17 October 2003 - 17:42

Can&#39;t see it tho&#39;. The English are memberrs of the EU so are entitled to freedom of movement. The Turkish are not. Indeed they are struggling to get in because of their human rights problems and being a major source country for heroin.

they cant be in the same group idiot there both seeded as second rate teams....

also yea im surprised u havent died yet cos im pretty sure that would become a dream come true so do me a favour and play on your road :)

and lynx just cos its the lounge doesnt mean u have to be a fucking prick and post so much shit where it is not relavent i would love to see u start a topic see the shit i wriggt on that ok? [/b][/quote]
I was under the impression that if Turkey were to qualify then they would be seeded above England, since they placed well in the last world cup.

Have you some information to the contrary.

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 06:35 PM
To keep this on football .. does anyone have any theories on why Manchester United are the greatest team in the history of football?

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Has anyone asked Scribblec what&#39;s hurting him cause he sound&#39;s in pain.so let&#39;s stop with the insult&#39;s & talk footy.most footy players are thick dipshits anyway & are not worth the argument there are worse things happening in the World,Stay cool Scribblec

thewizeard
10-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Money

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@18 October 2003 - 03:35
I was under the impression that if Turkey were to qualify then they would be seeded above England, since they placed well in the last world cup.

Germany coach Rudi Voller has hit out at the 2002 World Cup finalists not being seeded for the 2004 European championships in Portugal.

The 1996 European champions will not be one of the four seeds at the competition with hosts Portugal, European champions France, Sweden and the Czech Republic expected to be the four teams seeded.

And this ..

The seeded teams are France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Romania, Italy, Belgium and Turkey.

Other teams besides England in pot 2 include Yugoslavia, the Netherlands, Russia, Croatia and Scotland.

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Spondulicks mate,ask a Chelsea supporter let&#39;s see the big managers live on the money the lesser club&#39;s have to live on.granted Fergie did well with Aberdeen.But the footy up in Scotland is a 2 to 3 maybe horse race every season & the Premiere League is getting the same there are 3 Divisions in the prem League now.

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Sweden & Czech, what have these teams done to deserve this seeding?????

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Money didn&#39;t buy Beckham, Gary and Phil Neville, Scholes, Butt, Giggs, Brown, Solkjaer, Fletcher, Richardson, etc.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 19:23
If it&#39;s been going on since January, you should be grown up enough to stop it.

Billy

You and I don&#39;t necessarily see eye to eye on a load of subjects, that&#39;s fair enough, keeps things interesting and exercises the brain muscle. I can honestly and genuinely say that I will defend your right to hold and express an opinion which is diametrically opposed to mine. I would expect you to afford me the same courtesy.

However scribblec is more of a

fuck you i hope you die under a truck

sort of guy. Basically anyone who disagrees with him. You will see he has not limited himself to me here, pretty much anyone who disagrees.

It&#39;s got to the stage where he is actually a caricature of himself, which is good. It makes it very difficult for anyone to be offended by his vitriol.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+17 October 2003 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 17 October 2003 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@18 October 2003 - 03:35

Germany coach Rudi Voller has hit out at the 2002 World Cup finalists not being seeded for the 2004 European championships in Portugal.

The 1996 European champions will not be one of the four seeds at the competition with hosts Portugal, European champions France, Sweden and the Czech Republic expected to be the four teams seeded.

And this ..

The seeded teams are France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Romania, Italy, Belgium and Turkey.

Other teams besides England in pot 2 include Yugoslavia, the Netherlands, Russia, Croatia and Scotland.

:) [/b][/quote]
I know you are just quoting so don&#39;t take this the wrong way, but didn&#39;t Ireland fail to qualify. I think they were third, so not even in the play-offs

Lamsey
10-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 18:35
To keep this on football .. does anyone have any theories on why Manchester United are the greatest team in the history of football?

Harking back a bit here, I know, but the only way the above is possible is if Real Madrid have a very controversial name change.

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Van Niilstrooy £18 mill - Ferdinand £30 mill- Forlan £7.5 mill.yes fergie&#39;s coaches have brought on some fine players.but it does help to have a few quid if you need the players to help in need of a crisis.that&#39;s why the transfer window has been shut till Jan 2004 to help the smaller clubs.look how well Birmingham are doing.Brucey has done well with limited resources.but he and O&#39;leary cannot have Jagielka or Tongue from Sheffield Utd 2 more good kid&#39;s to be brought through the ranks.This does not happen much these day&#39;s as money rules the game & alway&#39;s will.do us a favour & ask Fergie for a few quid for Warnock ,we made £500.000 profit from 2 semi&#39;s & 1 final great to be loaded lol

chalice
10-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+17 October 2003 - 18:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 17 October 2003 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 19:39
<!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@18 October 2003 - 03:35

And this ..

I know you are just quoting so don&#39;t take this the wrong way, but didn&#39;t Ireland fail to qualify. I think they were third, so not even in the play-offs [/b][/quote]
What blatant racist vitriol&#33;&#33; Leave the micks out of this.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 06:56 PM
LOL

soopaman
10-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 19:35

What about Real Madrid?? 9 European Cups is much better than 2. Liverpool have a better European record at the highest level. Than there&#39;s AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Marseille, Celtic, Nottingham Forest (who did it on fuck all money 2 years in a row) to name a few. Manchester United have had a lot of Domestic success but have underachieved badly in Europe.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Billy

I would suggest that Man Utd aren&#39;t even the greatest team in the History of English Football.

Unless of course you chose to ignore Liverpool and particularly their success in Europe.

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Sheffield Hallam are a damn good team & some of there players could play for Accrington Stanley or Sheffield Wednesday,c&#39;mon you Wednesdayites where are you all hiding.C&#39;mon you Blades.watch out Man Utd next season you may get 6 points from us & I&#39;m being generous lol

scribblec
10-17-2003, 07:19 PM
well the seeded thing he showed was how the gruops for qualification was chosen

the thing i said was for the main thing
i think france portugal italy and holand or spain if they qualify
then theres like a pot 2 then 3 then 4

the reason turkey and england cant be in same group is because they are in the same pot also germany is here too , i dont know who the 4th team is though....

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@18 October 2003 - 04:00
Billy

I would suggest that Man Utd aren&#39;t even the greatest team in the History of English Football.

Unless of course you chose to ignore Liverpool and particularly their success in Europe.
Man U won the league in 1967, and again in 1993, 26 years between drinks. During that time, Liverpool won it 11 times. A truly great side, and good to watch. (unlike Leeds) But United have dominated the premier league like no other team, ever&#33;

Please allow me to gloat, if it takes another 26 years, I may not be around to see it.

blade1356uk
10-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Who mentioned Leeds????????????

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@17 October 2003 - 20:19
well the seeded thing he showed was how the gruops for qualification was chosen

the thing i said was for the main thing
i think france portugal italy and holand or spain if they qualify
then theres like a pot 2 then 3 then 4

the reason turkey and england cant be in same group is because they are in the same pot also germany is here too , i dont know who the 4th team is though....
Let me say this again

I heard on the radio that, if Turkey qualify then because of the last world cup they will be seeded higher than England. As such they would not be in the same pot and could be in the same group.

You have obviously heard or seen something different.

My source is talksport, it may be incorrect.

Can you show or tell me where you got the info that they would be seeded together.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+17 October 2003 - 20:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 17 October 2003 - 20:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@18 October 2003 - 04:00
Billy

Man U won the league in 1967, and again in 1993, 26 years between drinks. During that time, Liverpool won it 11 times. A truly great side, and good to watch. (unlike Leeds) But United have dominated the premier league like no other team, ever&#33;

Please allow me to gloat, if it takes another 26 years, I may not be around to see it.

:) [/b][/quote]
Granted Man Utd have dominated the premier league, the facts speak for themselves. Which makes them currently the top English side.

However isn&#39;t it the case that Liverpool have won more (meaningful) trophies, still one or two ahead. Isn&#39;t it also the case that they have been more successful in European competition.

So I would return to my position. Liverpool are the most successful team in the History of English Football.

scribblec
10-17-2003, 07:44 PM
a newspaper called the mirror
and yes turkey were indeed seeded higher then england for the group that was chosen and england came top that group is what u r talking bout this is the seeding for that actual tournament

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@17 October 2003 - 20:44
and yes turkey were indeed seeded higher then england for the group that was chosen and england came top that group is what u r talking bout this is the seeding for that actual tournament
No I am talking about the finals.

On talksport they said that if Turkey qualified they would be seeded higher in the draw for the finals.

They were commenting on the irony, since England had won their group and Turkey were second in the same group. They thought it was a bit unfair.

Like I say they may have been wrong.

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 08:08 PM
From the Guardian .. note, 2001, so one more to Arsenal and United.

Sean Ingle
Friday October 5, 2001

"My mate reckons that if you add up all the results played in the top flight of the English football, Everton are the most successful side ever," says Matthew Tempest. "He can&#39;t be right, can he?"

Bizarrely he is spot on, Matthew. While Liverpool (18), Manchester United (14) and Arsenal (11) have won more Premiership and old Division One league titles, Everton (nine) have accumulated more points.

During their 98 seasons in the top league, Everton have played 3834 matches, winning 1568, drawing 1568 and losing 940, which gives them (using the old system of two points for a win) 4076 points. That&#39;s better than second-placed Liverpool (4005 points), Arsenal (3878), Aston Villa (3732) and fifth-placed Manchester United (3732), all of whom have played considerably fewer seasons in the top flight.

Manchester City, Sunderland, Newcastle, Tottenham and Chelsea make up the top 10. For more information visit Heikki Pietarinen&#39;s excellent table at Rsssf (http://www.rsssf.com/)

Lamsey
10-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@17 October 2003 - 19:44
I think it&#39;s stretching it a bit to call the Mirror a newspaper ;)

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+17 October 2003 - 21:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 17 October 2003 - 21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@17 October 2003 - 19:44
I think it&#39;s stretching it a bit to call the Mirror a newspaper ;) [/b][/quote]
Flamer

:ph34r:

Lamsey
10-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+17 October 2003 - 20:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 17 October 2003 - 20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Lamsey@17 October 2003 - 21:09
<!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@17 October 2003 - 19:44
I think it&#39;s stretching it a bit to call the Mirror a newspaper ;)
Flamer

:ph34r: [/b][/quote]
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/flame.gif

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 21:08
From the Guardian .. note, 2001, so one more to Arsenal and United.

Sean Ingle
Friday October 5, 2001

"My mate reckons that if you add up all the results played in the top flight of the English football, Everton are the most successful side ever," says Matthew Tempest. "He can&#39;t be right, can he?"

Bizarrely he is spot on, Matthew. While Liverpool (18), Manchester United (14) and Arsenal (11) have won more Premiership and old Division One league titles, Everton (nine) have accumulated more points.

During their 98 seasons in the top league, Everton have played 3834 matches, winning 1568, drawing 1568 and losing 940, which gives them (using the old system of two points for a win) 4076 points. That&#39;s better than second-placed Liverpool (4005 points), Arsenal (3878), Aston Villa (3732) and fifth-placed Manchester United (3732), all of whom have played considerably fewer seasons in the top flight.

Manchester City, Sunderland, Newcastle, Tottenham and Chelsea make up the top 10. For more information visit Heikki Pietarinen&#39;s excellent table at Rsssf (http://www.rsssf.com/)

So not only are Liverpool above Man Utd, Everton are as well.

Billy_Dean
10-17-2003, 08:20 PM
[JP]

And Aston F*ckin Villa&#33;&#33;

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 21:20
[JP]

And Aston F*ckin Villa&#33;&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aston F*ckin Martin to you too.

lynx
10-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@17 October 2003 - 20:22
The Huddersfield connection. ;)

Smooch
10-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by lynx+17 October 2003 - 20:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 17 October 2003 - 20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@17 October 2003 - 20:22
The Huddersfield connection. ;) [/b][/quote]
Huddersfield? :huh:

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 09:42 PM
1947 was an odd year for the rebirth of any small automobile company in England; in the troubled postwar economy, even some of Britain&#39;s oldest and most established car companies were struggling to survive. Bankrupt and in receivership, a tiny Buckinghamshire sports car producer named Aston Martin caught the eye of wealthy industrialist David Brown and largely based on his love of fast cars and Aston&#39;s past competition and engineering prowess, he purchased the little company and added it to his manufacturing empire. Better known for mass-producing gears and agricultural tractors, the Huddersfield-based David Brown Group bought another defunct automobile company one year later and, combined, the resulting new division became Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. For the 25 years he owned Aston Martin Lagonda, Sir David Brown was responsible for the company&#39;s resurrection and many triumphs due to his intimate involvement in its direction, operation and participation in competition. The cars that bore the initials of their benefactor represent the lasting essence of what was Aston Martin&#39;s golden age.

Source (http://www.breithaupts.com/toycar43.htm)

Hence Aston Martin DB7 (etc).

http://www.bitcon.no/~gunnar/vwheels/story/image/db7-1.jpg

That&#39;s a car.

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 09:44 PM
More details on the DB7 and links to other fantasy cars. (http://www.fantasycars.com/Aston_Martin_DB7/aston_martin_db7.html)

Lamsey
10-17-2003, 09:44 PM
DB7 wallpaper: http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/db7.jpg

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@17 October 2003 - 22:44
She&#39;s a beast.

Smooch
10-17-2003, 09:47 PM
I&#39;m ashamed :(

J'Pol
10-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Smooch@17 October 2003 - 22:47
So you should be philistine.

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
10-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+17 October 2003 - 21:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 17 October 2003 - 21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@17 October 2003 - 22:44
She&#39;s a beast. [/b][/quote]
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Jungle_Cats/panther_eyes.gif

Smooch
10-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+17 October 2003 - 21:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 17 October 2003 - 21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Smooch@17 October 2003 - 22:47
So you should be philistine.[/b][/quote]

Gee, thanks JPaul, i&#39;m honoured :huh:

philistine - n.&nbsp; A member of an Aegean people who settled ancient Philistia around the 12th century B.C.

:ph34r:

l_p_4_7
10-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Can I just inquire about why you were "ashamed" at the site of a motoring legend? :huh:

Lamsey
10-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by l_p_4_7@17 October 2003 - 22:16
Can I just inquire about why you were "ashamed" at the site of a motoring legend? :huh:
She was ashamed that she didn&#39;t know at first.

scribblec
10-17-2003, 11:11 PM
way to go offtopic and hijack the thread :beerchug:

foot loose
10-18-2003, 12:25 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm

Billy_Dean
10-18-2003, 05:59 AM
Manchester United are playing Leeds tonight, (Australia time), all you Man U fans can listen live at manutd.com. Just sign up for MU-TV, the radio is free, and broadcasts all Man U games live, on MU-Radio.

I&#39;ll have to miss it tonight, going to see a mate&#39;s son in a Muay Thai kickboxing match. They&#39;ve got a big screen TV tho, so I can watch Arsenal draw with Chelsea. (hopefully&#33;)

Anyone know when the European play-offs are?

wormless
10-18-2003, 07:03 AM
this thread is back then

J'Pol
10-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Philistine

a : a person who is guided by materialism and is usually disdainful of intellectual or artistic values b : one uninformed in a special area of knowledge

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
10-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by wormless@18 October 2003 - 07:03
this thread is back then
..........Maybe, but its not going anywhere fast. <_<