PDA

View Full Version : Power Hungry & Paranoid Maniacs

Slickerey
01-30-2010, 01:11 AM
So, has anyone seen people like these?

I know that there are many tracker staff members who love telling invite forums what to do and why. It makes them feel like they run BT or something (they do;)), but some people just want to control every aspect of it.

Tv Controls you
01-30-2010, 01:32 AM

I know that there are many tracker staff members who love telling invite forums what to do and why. It makes them feel like they run BT or something (they do;)), but some people just want to control every aspect of it.

Whats the point of this thread?

Anyway sure there is always bad people everywhere you go (as well as paranoid people)...
Also if this was ran by tracker staff members there would be no trading section.

The real control is right in front of your eyes (the screen :P)

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 01:32 AM
One reason why some don't like FST: they have no control.

Slickerey
01-30-2010, 01:35 AM

This quote just made my day. :D

Thanks, Cabalo.

Tv Controls you
01-30-2010, 01:42 AM

This quote just made my day. :D

Thanks, Cabalo.

You made this whole thread to hear cabalo say that staffers have no control here...... :dry: lol

I think the true beauty of this forum is the fact that people are treated the same as staff members as almost equals.

Slickerey
01-30-2010, 01:45 AM
I do agree with you on that point, Tv Controls You.

Staff members on FST can't be called "nazi staff".

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Here you can even have heated discussions with the mods and admins, and you don't get banned for that.
Don't expect other people to have special treatment just because they are "staff" at another site. There are hundreds of "staff" out there.

Here everybody is on his own.

th0r
01-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Don't expect other people to have special treatment just because they are "staff" at another site.Don't they have access to a special discussion that the rest of us don't? Like the anti-trading discussion, or something? Whatever happened to that elite group of users of this forum?

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Don't expect other people to have special treatment just because they are "staff" at another site.Don't they have access to a special discussion that the rest of us don't? Like the anti-trading discussion, or something? Whatever happened to that elite group of users of this forum?
How would I know? :shrugs:

kurdt
01-30-2010, 04:56 AM
the great thing about fst is that there's real discussion and not just people agreeing with everyone else. but then we have this thread (and some others) as exceptions that prove that rule. a lot of people in here are agreeing with everyone about how great fst is and how much better it is than other sites.

now, i don't exactly disagree, and yes, fst is great in that respect and you get faster and more neutral info about the goings on of BT on FST than some of these other places.

but, i just want to offer a balanced perspective. it's not all roses. Cabalo said, don't expect tracker staff to get special treatment here. Well, don't expect tracker staff here to invite you to the hardest to get trackers either. you gotta take the good with the bad.

cinephilia
01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Well, don't expect tracker staff here to invite you to the hardest to get trackers either. you gotta take the good with the bad.
afaik, several fst members have been invited to fsc through a request in the GA section...

Zac090
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM

Thats actually the reason that more people LIKE FST :fst:

stoi
01-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Its not the fact we have no control that gets on most tracker staffs nerves (well mine anyway), its the fact there is only give from the tracker staff (those that do give accounts to members of FST) but no receiving.

Now I dont want much, (actually i dont really want anything), tbh i have never ever asked for a traders details, nor will I ever ask, nor have I receieved any details without asking, I am not saying that it does not happen, but I have no evidence that it does, but me personally have never got anything like that.

but lets take an example and yes skizo no need to reply, I am only stating this again to show i had the best interests of trackers and FST at heart.

It was me that came up with the WTO table, with the names/torrents.members etc etc. This was when Comm Rep were about (or at least we thought we were), so me, in my eureka moment, thought what better way to get more comm reps, and a better repartoir between trackers and FST.

My idea was for any staffer from those trackers listed, that would like comm rep on here, they could have 2-4 columns nulled (so a 0 value), and in turn we would help members out on here that had trouble with our trackers and to give invites out sporadically.

So give and take.

But they took my idea, and got rid of comm rep completely, and basically just said, this is FST we dont have to bend to tracker staff, I was hmm wtf lol

tbh I do not mind this place, its just the attitude of this place i do not like, like I said previously, i dont want control, if a member of here said he wanted control of BCG i would tell him where to go, but just a tiny bit of working together, however small would be good imho, not we are FST whatever tracker staff would like, tough shit, we dont have to listen to you at all.

as i recall as well, a tracker staffer posted his tracker rules on trading, and they banned him from here, all he was really doing was telling members from here that if you trade on his tracker, you run the risk of getting banned, but they banned him.

I hate all this fighting between trackers and FST, I have tried my damndest to get at least some reportoir going, but failed miserably, they see it as us wanting control (just like this thread and caballo) we or at least me, just want some give and take, not all take.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
When you say "this place " what you are really saying is RealitY and (maybe) Tesco lets make that clear.

stoi
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Well i have nothing against the staff, again this is me personally i am not the speaker of every tracker out there, and that includes reality, tesco, skizo, you or cabello and others.

but you are a BT mod, you have to tow the line the higher uppers ask you to, if not you get booted from being a mod, now you may not like trading, but you have to allow it (you may like it i dont know lol) but that to some tracker staff, makes you just as bad as the higher ups.

Now i would never ban a member or a staffer from here for just being a member or a staffer from here (because i would have to ban myself for one) but i know some trackers do.

Honestly for me, all this trader hunting has just got silly, now not every tracker goes hunting, but some do, yes i think its wrong (trading), and it shouldnt be done, but we have gone to far into it now to change a lot of peoples minds, and banning them doesnt help, they just trade and get back in again.

to me its like when they take a site down, they say well at least we got rid of 1, but then another 10 spring up, its better the devil you know as they say. (if they never took that 1 site down, those 10 would never have appeared).

I am the wrong person to ask for that question tbh, i am just relaying why i think other trackers hate this place and the staff, i may be completely wrong, i dont know, but thats how i see it.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I wasn't even referring to the trading aspect ,I was more referring to the general give and take.
Most working relationships are based on comprise .Those that fail to see that probably fail to maintain any.

When you are 6 years old you can afford to live like that, as an adult you can't. Of course in my experience a lot of associated people operate on the level of a 6 year old( not speaking of you here) so I can see the problem.

stoi
01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I tried to compromise, these didnt, it is pretty much that simple.

whether it was reality/tesco/skizo who had the final say i have no idea, i just know skizo was the spokesperson of it all.

But FST is FST, we all know the mods have no say, or at least not a lot, so i dont really see what you are getting at tbh.

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I hate all this fighting between trackers and FST, I have tried my damndest to get at least some reportoir going, but failed miserably, they see it as us wanting control (just like this thread and caballo) we or at least me, just want some give and take, not all take.
Well, I thought it was obvious to you that I don't consider you a "power hungry & Paranoid maniac". The post was meant at those who are, and you know damn well there are plenty who fit such description.
I don't know much or anything at all about such agreements trackers had with FST, your idea of about creating the WTO, and probably a lot more things. What I do feel, things should have been handled (by both sides) with a little more thought, you included.
One thing is for sure, whether you currently like this place or not, I can't name one person of the people I know who doesn't respect you.

stoi
01-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for that.

but if i had put more thought into it, or at least for 1 second, thought that what they did do, they were going to do, i would have never mentioned the idea in the first place.

btw the idea is in the WTAW thread but you will have to go back awhile to find it.

01-06-08, 03:42 AM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-what-trackers-are-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-298328/page75#post2845316

yes one of my late night, tired as anything, brainstorming ideas lol

IdolEyes787
01-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I tried to compromise, these didnt, it is pretty much that simple.

whether it was reality/tesco/skizo who had the final say i have no idea, i just know skizo was the spokesperson of it all.

But FST is FST, we all know the mods have no say, or at least not a lot, so i dont really see what you are getting at tbh.

I'm saying that the overseers of FST are wrong in being inflexible about certain things.
Btw I have absolutely no problem with them firing me( or whatever the equivalent is that applies here) if they don't like the fact I disagree with certain things they have done.

Being nothing but a yes-man would truly be a pointless and useless position to have.

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for that.

but if i had put more thought into it, or at least for 1 second, thought that what they did do, they were going to do, i would have never mentioned the idea in the first place.

btw the idea is in the WTAW thread but you will have to go back awhile to find it.
Don't make me dig for something in that thread :wacko:
My 2 cents, and you will have to read between the lines a lot.

I don't remember exactly when it happened, but whoever you may blame for such sudden action and lack of public explanations, is not a part of the current staff. The current staff has been trying to clean up some mess, to evolve to the next level, but this can't and won't be possible to do if we are alone in this. And it can't be solved just in a snap.
We're not starting from the scratch, we're starting from behind it. I wouldn't go as far as to ask you for help, because you've done enough to grant you the right to direct criticism, I would only ask for the benefit of the doubt.
We face already enough opposing forces, those same who give title to this thread.

I really can't go much deeper into details than this. For now.

stoi
01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
well i gave you a link to it lol but edited my post to do it.

OK I am well over the decision that was made, I dont hold grudges, or at least not for long, I was just trying to explain that not all of us are power hungry, and some of us have tried to change things for the better hopefully but fallen on deaf ears.

and i really wish you luck with whatever your endeavours are, now i wont go into details, but an X-staff member from here tried to speak out against some things, was accused of siding with the trackers, and got booted off the staff.

so if whoever is behind this thinks they can change things, again all i can say is good luck, as its never worked before.

Cabalo
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Again, I don't know exactly who you're talking about, but I can only guess it's the same person who got booted because he was handing out user's information to the trackers. It's quite easy to distort the reasons and look like he was doing the right thing. Call it siding with the trackers, I call it breaking FST's confidence.

This site can't give personal info. It's completely against its philosophy, and it would be suicide.
And for any normal person, like I am, it's a dilemma not to hand out info when some invite seller was caught, or a known cheater.
I just take a deep breath and think: I can not do this, it would ruin any trust the members have on us.

Of course the trackers would love if we did that. Damn, there are so many ways to make FST popular on the eyes of the trackers, but all of them break much of what we preserve the most: freedom of speech and individual privacy.

Which DOESN'T happen anywhere else. Period.

n00bz0r
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM

and your point is? :huh:
honestly, I don't understand the rationale behind creation of such threads. Invite forums depend on peddling invites issued by trackers, and its not the other way round.
Try to look at the situation dispassionately..without any bias/ ego..I dont see a problem with tracker staffers suggesting forum owners on ways to improve the way in which they function. 'Invite' forums which are known to function in a transparent way end up staying on good books of tracker staffers, and reap the benefits in the long run.

Consider the following situation.. an invite tree consisting of 5% members from a forum well known for trading and invite selling runs at a risk of getting banned completely as soon as it is discovered. On the other hand, an invite tree with 50% members from an invite forum with a certain degree of transparency has better chances of continuing unmarked and enabled. (Just check up the number of guys who visit tracker support channels.. you'll understand what i am talking about)

Tracker staffers do NOT ask for complete or even partial control of forums. If at all certain suggestions of staffers are taken into consideration while formulating the rules of a forum, it goes a long way in making the 'end users' feel comfortable enough while using forums on trackers actively without the fear of their off site activities catching up with them later. (People from shady invite forums do not participating in activities on trackers coz they fear getting noticed and scrutinized. It happens more often than not.)

There is nothing 'Cool' about going against tracker rules, which are drafted keeping in mind the safety of 'end users'. Its sad to see short sightedness and immaturity of members who choose to become outlaws by breaking rules in front of their peers for their 2 minutes of fame, and desperate attempts of trying to look cool.. At the end of the day, the outlaw becomes another disabled user on a tracker, who tried to compromise the security of the site.

anyway, enough ranting for the day.
Peace

RealitY
01-30-2010, 06:35 PM
To stoi have noted your comments about this and other things before as its clear youve had a foul taste for the site. Had asked then if you wanted to talk on MSN but you werent interested. Your always welcome to have talk if you want. Think that you still know MSN if you want...

Detale
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I for one understand why Stoi could be pissed as I feel he and other ex Comm Reps were screwed pretty much. Even when I was staff I didn't support that decision and I apologized for it happening. It always seemed they wanted to treat ALL tracker staff the same way even though some tracker staff, like stoi, were better to FST than others and should have been given more respect.

stoi
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
The only reason i have not talked to anyone on MSN, is simply because i do not have an MSN account, I used to years ago but i forgot my password and the answer to my secret question, and i just cant be bothered in making another one lol

Like i said though, the decision that was made, was made, i am not bitter about it, the reason i did not come here for awhile recently had nothing to do with FST really, it was factors outside of FST, but i will not go into details here, i have told the people that need to be told and thats its for me.

maybe i am naive, but i just really think it can and should work both ways, now like i sid, i am not after Ips or emails ot crap like that, just a little bit of give and take would be nice, but i am afraid all i have heard for the past 2 years at least it "we are FST we dont have to take any notice of trackers", which in a way i do respect, but putting up a brick wall to all suggestions, makes my head hurt banging on it lol (so now i dont bother).

Detale
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Stoi, you're not naive you happen to be one of the most level headed dudes around. I was on a mission for the longest time trying to make FST a better place, but all i got for it was shit from tracker staff and later shit from FST management. I resigned myself to the fact that was thrown at me so many time by friends. FST is what it is and will not change. Accepting that has been tough but I'm glad I have. The crappy thing is that the tracker staff that give a shit about FST are usually slopped in with sites that attack our members and given the same treatment. It's a shame really. FST could be so much better that it is/was.

Slickerey
01-30-2010, 10:02 PM
The only reason i have not talked to anyone on MSN, is simply because i do not have an MSN account, I used to years ago but i forgot my password and the answer to my secret question, and i just cant be bothered in making another one lol

What? Do you want me to make one for you?

RealitY
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
If you have such a passion about this then create an MSN when your ready. Then log into it and make your suggestions...

stoi
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
I dont want one, i have gmail i dont need an msn one, i would not even play dirt 2 because you had to have one, and i just refuse to get an msn account.

happy.

RealitY
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Then whats your gmail if you prefer to talk on that...

Slickerey
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Looks like you two have a long history of knowing each other. I'm assuming that you've been through a lot of things—both good and bad.

Rart
01-31-2010, 02:13 AM
There is nothing 'Cool' about going against tracker rules, which are drafted keeping in mind the safety of 'end users'.

To a certain extent, I have agree with what n00bz0r is saying here.

While I'm all for freedom of speech and speaking for yourself rather than peddling to the favor of tracker staff(which I have expressed my opinion of multiple times here), there's a certain point where it crosses from simple expression of opinion to outright hostility.

This thread just seems to almost evocate a response that it's "cool" to stand out and rebel against tracker staff, which is no way what I would, in any way, believe to fit in with the idea of freedom of expression.

The point is to treat staff as if they were any other regular member here, not as if they were worse.

dvdasacd
01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
freedom of speech and individual privacy.

WRONG :P

uhuh, I'm talking about the place you were banned from, though, funnily enough (as life goes), you've seemed to mature a lot since becoming mod here (which is great. I nearly threw up when I first saw you become mod (since I value FST), but I really like your posts these days despite disagreeing with FST's and your stance on supporting trading etc), so being banned from where I'm talking about doesn't mean anything to me.

Anyway my point is: There are other bt forums with exactly the same traits which are being celebrated about FST in this thread, too ;).

Sorry to burst your bubble :P

er...long live FST? :whistling

IdolEyes787
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the foundations of freedom of speech is not penalizing people for promoting ideas( short of criminal activity ) you don't happen to agree with . I think that is basically at the core of the whole idea.:unsure:

dvdasacd
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I know, it sounds hypocritical but it didn't have anything to do with freedom of speech or promoting ideas....unfortunately I'm not allowed to go into the details and wouldn't deem it appropriate even if i were anyway.

Again, my point was: ^ :P

IdolEyes787
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Not allowed to go into details is what the French like to call irony.

Cabalo
01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
freedom of speech and individual privacy.

WRONG :P

uhuh, I'm talking about the place you were banned from, though, funnily enough (as life goes), you've seemed to mature a lot since becoming mod here (which is great. I nearly threw up when I first saw you become mod (since I value FST), but I really like your posts these days despite disagreeing with FST's and your stance on supporting trading etc), so being banned from where I'm talking about doesn't mean anything to me.

Anyway my point is: There are other bt forums with exactly the same traits which are being celebrated about FST in this thread, too ;).

Sorry to burst your bubble :P

er...long live FST? :whistling
You proved my point correct with that statement.
And for the record, I didn't mature anything, I doubt I would have been promoted here if I weren't mature enough.
What I am used to is to deal with immature people, who have a hard time seeing farther than the obvious.
See, you consider me a trading supporter, when it's obviously wrong. Just ask many of the traders here, those hardcore ones. I'm just mature enough to understand that just because someone's choice is to trade, that doesn't make him a bad person, as so many immature kids out there think. It's their problem, not mine.
Though, as a representative of this site, which allows it to happen, I have to assure they are on a safe environment to do so. There would be no point keeping such sections alive if we didn't give a shit on the member's security. This is one of the reasons why I'm merciless with scum like those boys who come here try to hunt them down just to show up. No matter who they are or where do they come from.

And by the way, that site sucks. Once an admin bans someone because he is "not CFS material", it says a lot. A site that tells their users how they should behave out there on the internet, and maintain a great posture to honour the site, is going too far on what we call the freedom of speech.
Too many of those who still are members think the exact same way.
Besides, as you probably know, I still have access to that site, and to those other sections which aren't supposed to be viewable by most people, so don't start me on this one, there are some juicy screenshots that if showed up would turn most members against that site. And don't make me talk about some scripts installed there too, you wouldn't be so happy talking about such place if you knew half of it.
It's just that I don't give a blind fuck for that site, for the people who still hang out there, and I won't be harassed to go through this again.

dvdasacd
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
You proved my point correct with that statement.
And for the record, I didn't mature anything, I doubt I would have been promoted here if I weren't mature enough.
What I am used to is to deal with immature people, who have a hard time seeing farther than the obvious.
See, you consider me a trading supporter, when it's obviously wrong. Just ask many of the traders here, those hardcore ones. I'm just mature enough to understand that just because someone's choice is to trade, that doesn't make him a bad person, as so many immature kids out there think. It's their problem, not mine.
Though, as a representative of this site, which allows it to happen, I have to assure they are on a safe environment to do so. There would be no point keeping such sections alive if we didn't give a ***** on the member's security. This is one of the reasons why I'm merciless with scum like those boys who come here try to hunt them down just to show up. No matter who they are or where do they come from.

And by the way, that site sucks. Once an admin bans someone because he is "not CFS material", it says a lot. A site that tells their users how they should behave out there on the internet, and maintain a great posture to honour the site, is going too far on what we call the freedom of speech.
Too many of those who still are members think the exact same way.
Besides, as you probably know, I still have access to that site, and to those other sections which aren't supposed to be viewable by most people, so don't start me on this one, there are some juicy screenshots that if showed up would turn most members against that site. And don't make me talk about some scripts installed there too, you wouldn't be so happy talking about such place if you knew half of it.
It's just that I don't give a blind ***** for that site, for the people who still hang out there, and I won't be harassed to go through this again.If you don't condone trading, then ok, I was wrong with that assumption (...and whatevs). See I *also* know that just cos someone trades, it doesn't mean they're "scum" (or even can't be a friend of yours). They are just as likely to be a wonderful person in real life. It ONLY means that they are breaking a certain rule of probably 99% of their trackers. They disagree with that rule and that's their choice...it's nothing more than simple rules, it's not personal, like some staffers have seemed to see it. I hate the term "trading scum"...traders are people too :lol:

If you still have access to that site, then you will know that it has undergone huge changes as a community recently (perhaps the biggest progress in its evolution so far. Good friends of mine who don't really like the place have welcomed these recent changes very positively) - and that probably half of what you're saying and assuming about it is no longer applicable. Just check with your 'source', whoever it is.. (lol)....

Anyway what you think of that site doesn't bother me (me, I LOVE the place)...I am one to celebrate different opinions and freedom of speech (but I can't be bothered to talk about the issue behind why you were banned, that's a whole separate topic and I can already foresee a hypothetical conclusion to that discussion, that our opinions are simply different on that matter).

Anyway one thing I can see with you here, is that old hard feelings (towards people) often never change...and to that i say: mehz...I still think you've matured (or in some way I can't articulate right now, improved character-wise, lol). E.g., for me, you've kept the humor (:D) but shed a lot of the arrogance I once saw in your posts...(Edit: oh i know: there's more humility, respect, and restraint (from undesirable attitude) now.)...And I'm saying this because I am one to always be direct and honest (whether it's criticism or a compliment), as opposed to ass-kissy/afraid to say my honest thoughts (oh and this is my username EVERYWHERE). And I like how this is a place where one can be open to each other (including site staff) without being reprimanded for it - in the same way as the other place we're talking about ;).

IdolEyes787
01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Just to be clear we're talking about CFS ,right? Other place is sort of vague and all .

dvdasacd
01-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Just to be clear we're talking about CFS ,right? Other place is sort of vague and all .It's actually quite clear who I'm talking about.

IdolEyes787
01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
CFS (http://www.cfs-fcee.ca/html/english/home/index.php)

I don't get it?

anon
01-31-2010, 06:37 PM
CFS

Chronic fatigue syndrome? :unsure:

sez
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
And I'm saying this because I am one to always be direct and honest (whether it's criticism or a compliment), as opposed to ass-kissy/afraid to say my honest thoughts (oh and this is my username EVERYWHERE).

I don't think there is anything free spirited or direct and honest about anything that you are trying to say dvdasacd...and you know this :P.Fearless,direct and honest is you(the guy who's brought it up)to tell us what they told you was the reason why cabalo was banned from cfs :yes:

And I kinda have to agree with rart.Calling some staffers imbecile would be an understatement.The nicknames vary but if you look closely,the constant has always been revolt(serb,melvin,nimueh the reformed settindice and all the other loons have all had/have a strong association with that place) but then you have the people that you never hear about and level headed individuals like imo 1ntr4ns1t.

I think generally speaking and artemis's personal experiences with the site aside(he's probably a green stars equivalent over there :P),revolt and all the nutters that it entertains are bad for BT [greetz to their omnipotent SysOP by the way,gotta <3 that kid's power trips :lol:]

So if its destructive criticism then I think its good to have cause or reason.Otherwise not all staffers are like the outspoken filth that comes out of that cesspool of a forum.

dvdasacd
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
And I'm saying this because I am one to always be direct and honest (whether it's criticism or a compliment), as opposed to ass-kissy/afraid to say my honest thoughts (oh and this is my username EVERYWHERE).

I don't think there is anything free spirited or direct and honest about anything that you are trying to say dvdasacd...and you know this :P.Lol...believe what you wanna believe but I disagree with you :P

Fearless,direct and honest is you(the guy who's brought it up)to tell us what they told you was the reason why cabalo was banned from cfs :yes:Er, you misunderstand. I said I can't be bothered talking about the issue behind why he was banned. As for the actual reason, cabalo has already quoted the exact three-word phrase, which sums up a lot of stuff which doesn't need to be dicussed here. And not that it necessarily applies to this case, but: there's a difference between fearlessness, and going out and deliberately breaking rules...which is called stupidity. LOL. A lot of people seem to think it's the same thing and it's SO immature and boyish...give. me. a. break.

I think tranny is a great guy too, nice that you see that in him...

ca_aok
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't really think of Revolt that way, though I'm not a member myself I know plenty of levelheaded folks there. Just like FST, the site is judged by its bad eggs rather than the community as a whole (as are most places for that matter).

puckface
01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Here we go again.

th0r
01-31-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't really think of Revolt that way, though I'm not a member myself I know plenty of levelheaded folks there. Just like FST, the site is judged by its bad eggs rather than the community as a whole (as are most places for that matter).

Revolt is nothing like CFS and FST.

ca_aok
01-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Never said it was :whistling

Rart
02-01-2010, 12:58 AM

Woo, your knowledge of the most awesome and secretive of forums makes you pretty damn fucking cool.

Here we go again.

dTAAsCNK7RA

?

dvdasacd
02-01-2010, 01:13 AM

Woo, your knowledge of the most awesome and secretive of forums makes you pretty damn ***** cool.
Yeah I KNOW he was thinking that as he typed it. How insighful of you!

(Gee rart, I never knew you had that sort of attitude.)

And for the record, I see no point in discussing other private forums here anyway, but when it comes info discussion, how does making a simple comment about them automatically mean one is some self-leet prick or something? :rolleyes:

Cabalo
02-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Just like FST, the site is judged by its bad eggs rather than the community as a whole (as are most places for that matter).
Absolutely true.

Rart
02-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Woo, your knowledge of the most awesome and secretive of forums makes you pretty damn ***** cool.
Yeah I KNOW he was thinking that as he typed it. How insighful of you!

(Gee rart, I never knew you had that sort of attitude.)

And for the record, I see no point in discussing other private forums here anyway, but when it comes info discussion, how does making a simple comment about them automatically mean one is some self-leet prick or something? :rolleyes:

I think productive threads like these bring it out in me.

Ewwwyourface
02-01-2010, 06:00 AM
why does this dvd kid keep putting stars in ppls posts wtf is wrong with u boy

Funkin'
02-01-2010, 07:34 AM
And by the way, that site sucks. Once an admin bans someone because he is "not CFS material", it says a lot. A site that tells their users how they should behave out there on

It wasn't because a certain tracker staff told them to ban you(maybe he told them you weren't "right" for the site), and the staff fell in line and did it?

Albo Da Kid
02-01-2010, 07:46 AM
And by the way, that site sucks. Once an admin bans someone because he is "not CFS material", it says a lot. A site that tells their users how they should behave out there on

That kind of mentality forces members to start behaving artificially and the whole sense of free-discussing is thrown out the window.

These guys tried too hard forcing their community to behave Elite, and I guess everybody got tired of it cause last I heard their forums have been dead for quite some time.

Il_Professore
02-01-2010, 09:17 PM

It wasn't because a certain tracker staff told them to ban you(maybe he told them you weren't "right" for the site), and the staff fell in line and did it?

wise guy!

th0r
02-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Woo, your knowledge of the most awesome and secretive of forums makes you pretty damn fucking cool.What's your problem?

cap87
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
so many people obsessed with private forums...! :rolleyes:

Seriously, one thing is discussing, another is talking about the same sites over and over again just to... show how much they suck and how great you are? :pinch:

What's the point?

tarrkovsky
02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
yep, as long as their ppl to chat to and make conversation, i'm happy. :)
no need for private communities, even though i'm part of a few.
quite a lot of elitist jerks on private communities.

Ewwwyourface
02-03-2010, 01:51 AM
cfs isnt a private forum its a goat forum

The_Martinator
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
so many people obsessed with private forums...! :rolleyes:

Seriously, one thing is discussing, another is talking about the same sites over and over again just to... show how much they suck and how great you are? :pinch:

What's the point?

The point is to let everyone know that you're right and they aren't. That's how brainwashing is done. Believe me, I know. I live in a country where it had been done to whole generations. I'm lucky, I guess, since I was born right when it started to go downhill (the whole polytical system, I mean).

I know this may be exaggarating, but that's how I see it.