PDA

View Full Version : The Commonwealth of Novaltia.

AlbertSmiley
01-31-2010, 06:28 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4690/novaltia.gif (http://welcome.novaltia.org)

The Commonwealth of Novaltia is a new nation project dedicated to making life better by combining the best of traditions with the best of innovation.

In particular we are cultivating a Victorian aesthetic and sense of duty, so that we can work to make the best life possible for ourselves, our children, and our grandchildren.

We warmly invite the members of this lovely forum to take a visit to see if our community might be right for you.

http://www.novaltia.org

Thank you sincerely for your time, and for your generosity in allowing us to visit here.

Artemis
01-31-2010, 09:58 AM
oooooo that looks exciting...........not :sick:

IdolEyes787
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
I fail to understand how being a wack job a denial of reality will make my,my children's or my grandchildren's lives any better.:unsure:

megabyteme
01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
No one does anything the old fashioned way anymore...Whatever happened to the good ol' days of finding a nice piece of land that was "uninhabited" sending people in ships to that new, undiscovered land making use of all of its natural resources, and "colonizing"? Eventually, someone would always say, "We were here first...blah, blah, blah." But rarely would these "uninhabitors" be able to put up much of a valid claim. Most had never even been to Europe to do the proper paperwork...

And as for the OP, if it cannot start on good ol' traditional colonization, what good is it? What are you saying you are better than my ancestors? :ermm:

Biggles
01-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Does this mean we can shove kids back up chimneys?

Sounds like win to me.

MagicNakor
01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
I've been longing for a good bout of cholera, but am afraid I've instead got the consumption.

:shuriken:

Biggles
01-31-2010, 11:24 PM
I've been longing for a good bout of cholera, but am afraid I've instead got the consumption.

:shuriken:

On the plus side, there will always be the safety net of the workhouse and a nice bowl of gruel.

Artemis
01-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Aaaaaah yes let us harken back to the good old days of child labour, the 55 hour week and housing shortages.
Let's bring back subsistence level wages, no health benefits, and poor sanitary conditions.
Let us also bring back the grand old days of destitution, work houses, and gangs of pick pockets and street urchins roaming the streets.
Aaaaaah yes the grand old days..........

Artemis
01-31-2010, 11:32 PM
And you couldn't even say fuck !

Biggles
01-31-2010, 11:35 PM
And you couldn't even say fuck !

Drugs were legal though.

AlbertSmiley
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
It is just these kind of mean-spirited and frivolous comments, borne out of a mean-spirited and frivolous modern society, that we want to get away from.

For the good-hearted among you, please have a look at our website and give us a chance.

With best wishes to you all!

megabyteme
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Truth be told, Al. Is that this is unrelated to this board entirely. If it were not for a few of the (mean-spirited) members having fun with this idea *cough-scam-cough* It would already be deleted.

As for your "modern society" social laws must be very lax because you, yourself, cannot be bothered to respect our most basic of norms.

In other words, if you plan to spam our site, don't come back with your phony aristocratic pretensions. You are an online spammer and most likely a real world con artist.

clocker
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Aaaaaah yes let us harken back to the good old days of child labour, the 55 hour week and housing shortages.
Let's bring back subsistence level wages, no health benefits, and poor sanitary conditions.
Let us also bring back the grand old days of destitution, work houses, and gangs of pick pockets and street urchins roaming the streets.
Aaaaaah yes the grand old days..........
You've just described the China of today and the US of tomorrow.

Biggles
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
It is just these kind of mean-spirited and frivolous comments, borne out of a mean-spirited and frivolous modern society, that we want to get away from.

For the good-hearted among you, please have a look at our website and give us a chance.

With best wishes to you all!

Mean spirited? I'm not so sure. Accurate in historical detail? Certainly.

Do you remember The Prisoner? The website put me in mind of that. You need a Penny Farthing on that page :yup:

Artemis
02-01-2010, 09:31 PM

If you think Victorian times were in some way better for people you are seriously and deeply deluded. The 'frivolous' comments we were making
were about the historical conditions of your 'ideal' Victorian culture, it was one that downtrod the common man and brutalised him with subsistance level wages and zero health care.
It was all fine and fluffy if you were an upper middle class 'gentleman' but if you were a woman or of any lower class you were screwed.
So off you go, back to lala land, and tip your bowler hat as you walk the promenade............

Biggles
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Is it some sort of Second Life for Little Britain fans?

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM

That's going a bit far you scoundrel .
If your courage does not stop at your tongue knave find your a second because then it's pistols at dawn Sir Smiley.. pistols at dawn.

Biggles
02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Albert going to be a regular on the torrents you think?

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Don't think he's that much of a loser.

Skiz
02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
So live and dress like folks did in the Victorian age, as well as sharing your possessions and money? Thanks but no thanks. :ermm:

Or how about trying to recruit people somewhere other than the internet for your mid-1800's retreat?

Skweeky
02-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, why not hire a town crier?

megabyteme
02-02-2010, 09:36 AM
This might be handy, as well...

grbSQ6O6kbs

Alright, maybe I'm off by a couple of centuries. :idunno:

Biggles
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Of all the potential internets boards to advertise a site like Albert's, the Lounge has to be the most improbable act of pure optimism I have seen in a long time. I can only assume that Albert has not so much as glanced at the rest of the board.

Albert can I suggest a more suitable site called 4Chan - the B:/ board is probably best. It gets a phenomenal amount of traffic - hundreds of thousands of hits a day I read somewhere.

Skweeky
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
True, nothing but cynical cunts around here. Move along.

Biggles
02-02-2010, 07:56 PM
True, nothing but cynical cunts around here. Move along.

A bit harsh - Chalice might join. I am sure like a Pickwick pen he would be a boon and a blessing to their society; ably pointing out any potential improvements and gently reproving any that stray from the noble path.

Artemis
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
A Victorian Chalice, now there's a scary thought, he'd probably be a bare knuckle boxer with his hands all pickled in walnut juice and scars all over his forehead from 'nutting' his opponents. Actually that is sort of what I envisage him as anyway so carry on........