PDA

View Full Version : RevTT Banned ...

thefinger
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
RevTT

There are some exceptions to who qualifies for this. As of our Goodwill Weekend many of you may have heard we blocked certain countries from signup to Revolutiontt. This decision wasn't made lightly, since opening the site so many years ago we've had several geographic locations that continue to be a issue for us. Not all but most users from these areas are repeatedly breaking site rules and take up a huge amount of staff time to respond to and take appropriate action. As a result membership has been closed to the following countries and current users from these regions are not eligible for invites.

Brazil
Egypt
India
Israel
Pakistan
Portugal
Romania
Saudi Arabia
Turkey

All current user from these region can rest assured your continued use of the site will not be blocked. From this point on however no new members from these countries will be allowed. Failure to comply with this will result is the loss of both accounts.

Rart
01-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Ouch.

QPD
01-31-2010, 10:03 PM
:d

lol87
01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
I added the list on this poster: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-banned-or-restricted-countries-from-trackers-327335/page14

anon
02-01-2010, 12:01 AM
:d

Totally agree, couldn't have said it better myself! :whistling

On topic: at least they're allowing already existing members from those countries to remain...

sheela
02-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Drastic measures. :( But still understandable if they have as much problems as stated, since it's a non-profit job..

Albo Da Kid
02-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Besides Romania, I think the main reason they banned these sites is because their bandwidth speeds are very low.

Ofcourse the huge amount of trading and cheating played a part also

Extremesmsm
02-01-2010, 01:12 AM
this is a big move from REVTT. it is now joining the club of trackers that are banning whole countries for some lame users this is not great at all
because u can simply ban him or block his IP

ca_aok
02-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Not when they trade their way back in so they can continue ratiocheating ;)

Personally I think you should be grateful they aren't banning all the current members who live in those places, as many other sites have done in this situation.

Cabalo
02-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Besides Romania, I think the main reason they banned these sites is because their bandwidth speeds are very low.

We don't have low bandwidth, we're even among the top countries in EU with fastest bandwidth per capita. Must have been something else.

snakebite
02-01-2010, 02:09 AM
WOw WOw that a lot of country to be given the Axe

TP635
02-01-2010, 02:36 AM

Slow bandwidth is not the reason for the drastic action. Slow bw may be the reason/excuse for cheating. I have a slow bandwidth, yet I am PU, and have a nice buffer in revTT

DonMega
02-01-2010, 04:52 AM
shitty deals

Albo Da Kid
02-01-2010, 07:52 AM

We don't have low bandwidth, we're even among the top countries in EU with fastest bandwidth per capita. Must have been something else.

I see. It's weird that Portugal is in the ban list because I haven't heard any bad things about their userbase (like lots of traders and cheaters for example).

@TP635 I agree with you. That's why getting rid of countries with low speeds benefits them double because they get rid of those who resort to cheating because their speeds are low, and they get rid of users with shit speeds(like India and Egypt for example who don't benefit the tracker much....No offense to these two countries)

MiM
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM

I see. It's weird that Portugal is in the ban list because I haven't heard many bad things about their userbase (like lots of traders and cheaters for example).

@TP635 I agree with you. That's why getting rid of countries with low speeds benefits them double because they get rid of those who resort to cheating because their speeds are low, and they get rid of users with shit speeds(like India and Egypt for example who don't benefit the tracker much....No offense to these two countries)

Well I'm from Egypt , and to let everybody know we pay a lot for our shitty internet speeds ,I myself pay what is equivalent to 40$ for a 2mbit connection .However , this is not a reason for egyptian users to cheat, on the contrary , that encouraged many egyptian users to buy windows VPNs and become good members of the p2p society ,MOST Egyptians are good users at many p2p communities.
SO what's the problem ,I 'll tell you the problem with the RevTT staff a very aggressive staff :angry: who would ban you for any reason ,I was banned because someone visited my profile page and he turned to be trader or whatever .
and not only does RevTT ban these countries it bans some of latin america countries , many asian countries .

cinephilia
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I was banned because someone visited my profile page and he turned to be trader or whatever .
:unsure:

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Brazil
Egypt
India
Israel
Pakistan
Portugal
Romania
Saudi Arabia
Turkey

Hmm dont know why But This is the exact same list(exept romania) of country which according to my S.St book will be next giant eco.

susiserken
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
They could have been assholes and banned hole ip ranges, but they decided to just take away invites and not allowing new registrations from those countries, be happy youre still allowed there.

QPD
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM
They could have been assholes and banned hole ip ranges, but they decided to just take away invites and not allowing new registrations from those countries, be happy youre still allowed there.

Agreed!

I am VIP there ( and donor )
They could not possibly ban me third time...:D
IrishEyes thank you again!!! ( even if you will never see this post )

@AnonSBI, I thought you're .DE

ca_aok
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
SO what's the problem ,I 'll tell you the problem with the RevTT staff a very aggressive staff :angry: who would ban you for any reason ,I was banned because someone visited my profile page and he turned to be trader or whatever .
Liars like that are the reason your countries get banned... feel free to thank him :pinch:

MiM
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Liars like that are the reason your countries get banned... feel free to thank him :pinch:

If you don't want to believe it , it's your business :dry: , because I,m not liar , and many of the members here have similar stories with revtt staff.
and guess what I don't give a sh!t about revtt it a lousy site with shitty pre times and the staff think they ara at intelligence agency , for goodness sake I don't even care if they made global ban of these countries , who cares ,I would even hardly notice it

susiserken
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Ive been on revtt for over 2 years i think the staff there is great! :P

cinephilia
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
and guess what I don't give a sh!t about revtt it a lousy site with shitty pre times
so why did you signup in the first place? :pinch:

QPD
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
and guess what I don't give a sh!t about revtt it a lousy site with shitty pre times and the staff think they ara at intelligence agency , for goodness sake I don't even care if they made global ban of these countries , who cares ,I would even hardly notice it

it;s all about pretime....Does your woman have a pretime?

susiserken
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
and guess what I don't give a sh!t about revtt it a lousy site with shitty pre times
so why did you signup in the first place? :pinch:

he had to experince it to judge it doh :whistling

anon
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM

I'm not even in the same continent as Germany :P

QPD
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM

I'm not even in the same continent as Germany :P
loool

anon
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM
What's so funny? :huh:

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
He thinks Scranton is a part of Germany.

b3owulf
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
If you don't want to believe it , it's your business :dry: , because I,m not liar , and many of the members here have similar stories with revtt staff.
It's like saying that the picture where huge black man is assfucking you was taken just for fun and you're not gay at all LOL

QPD
02-01-2010, 05:26 PM

That's defenitely lol !!!
:D

anon
02-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Is that where my IP is supposed to be from? :unsure:

QPD
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
If you guys continue...I will lol all day and have my privileges removed for lol spam :rolleyes:

MiM
02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
It's like saying that the picture where huge black man is assfucking you was taken just for fun and you're not gay at all LOL

They ara bunch of kids at revtt , they don't even get erection:P

susiserken
02-01-2010, 06:45 PM

I`d say you`re the kid from the look of your posts. :rolleyes:

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 06:52 PM

No that would make them impotent .Scientific fact even babies get erections:ermm:

Markociv1
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I always thought that Anon came from Argentina

anon
02-01-2010, 09:06 PM
That's no secret. :unsure:

Markociv1
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I didn't say it was a secrect ;)

anon
02-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I didn't say you said it was a secret. :happy:

Markociv1
02-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I think we should stop this now :D

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I always thought that Anon came from Argentina

That's near Scranton though.

anon
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
It is in the world map.

QPD
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Oh come on...It's unlikely we will ever know for true where he is from.There is only one sure thing .He ain't german... lol

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
It is in the world map.

Then you must be a Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre_Yankees) fan.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre_Yankees) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre_Yankees)

anon
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh come on...It's unlikely we will ever know for true where he is from.

http://SB-I URL/49667-post6.html

:unsure:

mievmo
02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
not a biggy.

TP635
02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
anon is from /b/ 4chan.....and that is official.

anon
02-01-2010, 11:18 PM
You're missing the "ly wrong" at the end of your sentence. :dry:

TP635
02-01-2010, 11:19 PM
moot .......ly

cinephilia
02-02-2010, 12:13 AM
That's no secret. :unsure:

I didn't say it was a secrect ;)

I didn't say you said it was a secret. :happy:
he didn't say you said he said it was a secret :shifty:

soulreaper
02-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Blah, don't like the direction in which BT is heading.

some1
02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
i donot know why Egypt there are good users

AdrianPhoto
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
and to let everybody know we pay a lot for our shitty internet speeds ,I myself pay what is equivalent to 40$ for a 2mbit connection REALLYYYY!@!!!!! Just 40$??
No way!!!
Come on!! that's cheaaaaaap!!

i donot know why Egypt there are good users Yeah right.. just check the DVD4ARAB forums.. such good users.. cheating programs are handed like candy.. speedtests and fake proofs are given whenever you ask for them using a girl's name

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I've really thought you're from Germany.. :)

b3owulf
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
REALLYYYY!@!!!!! Just 40$??
No way!!!
Come on!! that's cheaaaaaap!!
Cheap? I pay 10$ for 100 Mbit inside the country and 3 Mbit abroad (at night speed is 10 Mbit), how about that? And you're telling that 40 bucks for ONLY 2 FUCIKNG MEGABITS is cheap??! That's a rip-off.

anon
02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
he didn't say you said he said it was a secret :shifty:

I didn't say he said...

Oh, never mind.

AdrianPhoto
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Cheap? I pay 10$ for 100 Mbit inside the country and 3 Mbit abroad (at night speed is 10 Mbit), how about that? And you're telling that 40 bucks for ONLY 2 FUCIKNG MEGABITS is cheap??! That's a rip-off.
$10 for 100Mbits, well good for you, I guess most of the members here would move to your country because of that, even if that's true (although I suspect it is) that doesn't make it a standard
Some countries, 256Kb/s = $25 a month
other countries with $25, you'd get 4 or even 8 Mbits
But for $10, you get 100Mbits.
Okay, so what's your ISP?

QPD
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
$10 for 100Mbits, well good for you, I guess most of the members here would move to your country because of that, even if that's true (although I suspect it is) that doesn't make it a standard
I pay 25$ now for 50/100 Mbit...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/703451724.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/703452849.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Done now with my client on.

karachidude
02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Thats some wild speed for 25 bucks u got there QPD:happy:

b3owulf
02-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Offtopic answer to offtopic qn :D
Don't get me wrong, 100 Mbit is only inside the country, outside speed is 3 Mbit. I got a discount as a new customer and til the end of the year i'll pay approx 10%/mon while basic proce is 20$ :)
And as for your last question - my ISP is SkyNet, here's pricelist (http://bit.ly/c32TlL). Sky Silver user here.

AdrianPhoto
02-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I've checked your ISP
you're Sky Silver user, right?
okay, it coasts $20 \and the speed is after midnight is (10 Mb/s) while the normal speed is (3 Mb/s)
even their best offer coasts $40 and the speed after midnight is (24 Mb/s), while the normal speed is (10 Mb/s)

Non of that is $10, or 100 Mb/s
so take it easy please, and think well before posting just as a reaction to others' posts

some1
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
AdrianPhoto
you are right but not all of them are so bad

AdrianPhoto
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm with you, but when you have 90% of the users with under 256 Kb/s having TBs on RevTT in weeks.. that's just wrong.
No one says that ALL users from Egypt or Romania are bad, no, just a very large amount.

MiM
02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah right.. just check the DVD4ARAB forums.. such good users.. cheating programs are handed like candy.. speedtests and fake proofs are given whenever you ask for them using a girl's name

WTF. you know what is handed out like candy there ?,it's seedboxes you can get a 1gbps seedbox for as low as 20$,and that's something for us not against us.

I'm with you, but when you have 90% of the users with under 256 Kb/s having TBs on RevTT in weeks.. that's just wrong.
No one says that ALL users from Egypt or Romania are bad, no, just a very large amount.

90% where did you get this percentage from ,fu@*#n CIA:P,NOW 90% of Romanian and Egyptian users are cheaters ,honestly where did you get that from,Or it's just a number crossed your mind .
If you're going to say something make sure it's something smart.

Cabalo
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
90% where did you get this percentage from ,fu@*#n CIA:P,NOW 90% of Romanian and Egyptian users are cheaters ,honestly where did you get that from,Or it's just a number crossed your mind .
AdrianPhoto is wrong. It's only 75%.
This was explained by elektronik (a .ro site)when they banned the egyptians.

You wanted some facts? well there you have them.

And dvd4arab plays a major part in that.

AdrianPhoto
02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
First, I didn't say 90% of Egyptians and Romanians are cheaters..
I said

but when you have 90% of the users with under 256 Kb/s having TBs on RevTT in weeks.. that's just wrong.
That's what I said
90% of users under 256 Kb/s with TB of uploads in weeks, that's something should be looked at.

Thx Cabalo

MiM
02-03-2010, 01:34 PM
AdrianPhoto is wrong. It's only 75%.
This was explained by elektronik (a .ro site)when they banned the egyptians.

You wanted some facts? well there you have them.

And dvd4arab plays a major part in that.

The problems arrive from the fact that we can't really ban only the bad users cause of the dynamic IP.
Most of them jump from B-classes to another. I don't want to exagerate but over 75% of the Egyptian users are disabled for either cheating or trading.

1 - 75% disabled (some for trading ,some for cheating)
2 - elektROnik said "I don't want to exagerate" ,that means he didn't get the number accurately from their database , If he wanted to be professional ,he should have calculated them accurately with a percentage shows traders ,cheaters or whatever
3 - That's a single website stat
4 - if you wanted accurate percentage ask all sites for their ACCURATE PERCENTAGE and then calculate the average percentage.

First, I didn't say 90% of Egyptians and Romanians are cheaters..
I said

but when you have 90% of the users with under 256 Kb/s having TBs on RevTT in weeks.. that's just wrong.
That's what I said
90% of users under 256 Kb/s with TB of uploads in weeks, that's something should be looked at.

Thx Cabalo

Egyptian ISPs don't provide 256 kbps for unlimited bandwidth connection ,and a torrenter won't get a 256 kbps connection limited with 2 gbs a month
http://www.tedata.net/web/eg/en/default.aspx?sec=3&pr=2

FreeCandy
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Wow, ban 9 countries.
Lose so manny potential members from those countries.
Bad move, bad move.

QPD
02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
They should allow admitance of new members but with an old member vouching for him.

some1
02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
you are right so think that revott should banned the personal ip
that is my opinion

b3owulf
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I've checked your ISP
you're Sky Silver user, right?
okay, it coasts $20 \and the speed is after midnight is (10 Mb/s) while the normal speed is (3 Mb/s)
even their best offer coasts $40 and the speed after midnight is (24 Mb/s), while the normal speed is (10 Mb/s)

Non of that is $10, or 100 Mb/s
so take it easy please, and think well before posting just as a reaction to others' posts
I wrote TWICE about that i have 100 Mbit inside the country. Twice. 100 Mbit per second. It is the internet speed I have inside the country. See Rate in Lithuania cells in pricelist. I will even even provide you with links to my post where I've already told that. Link 1 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-revtt-banned--post3383436/postcount55), Link 2 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-revtt-banned--post3384009/postcount61). I even said that I have 3 Mbit outside. I have told that. Really, see the posts if you're unsure. I have told that twice too, in each post. I have mentioned about a discount I got as a new user, see link 2, and I mentioned that real price is twice bigger than I pay now (10 bucks). Still, the basic price (20$) is TWICE smaller than the amount MiM's is paying for 2 Mbits while I get 3 Mbit (that's at daytime, at night it's 10 Mbit!) for smaller amount of money. Got it? That's why I call MiM's ISP a company that's ripping off their customers.

Now please, read the posts carefully and think well before making idiotic accusations and buy a pair of glasses. Even if you think that you understood this post please re-read it. Just to be sure that you understood it well.

I am sorry for offtopic, but AdrianPhoto's stupidity and unaccuracy forced me to post.

AdrianPhoto
02-03-2010, 03:58 PM
It is the internet speed I have inside the country.
Would you care explaining that please?

b3owulf
02-03-2010, 04:16 PM
It means that if peer/HTTP server is inside Lithuania AND has enough bandwidth I can get full 100 Mbps when downloading a file off his HDD. You can compare it to LAN, but the range is much bigger, not only PC in the network. The whole country is a network.

AdrianPhoto
02-03-2010, 11:48 PM
That's exactly what I thought
and according to your explanation, is that a, and I quote

No it's not, that's what made me post the same thing again..
Have a nice day

b3owulf
02-04-2010, 06:01 AM
That's exactly what I thought
and according to your explanation, is that a, and I quote

No it's not, that's what made me post the same thing again..
Have a nice day
You're obviously too fat.

System
02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
i'm sorry for this country but they deserve !

anon
02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
System, I'd like to ask the same as in post #72:

AdrianPhoto
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Lol, ooow! I'm being quoted now.. nieec!

System
02-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Fake upload , share account and more....

AdrianPhoto
02-05-2010, 09:08 AM
GOD!!!
He wanted to ask you, please explain more about why do you think these countries deserve the ban

QPD
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Why ban?
Cause most of us are:

Lazy
Stupid
Greedy

not necesarily in this order...

anon
02-05-2010, 05:01 PM
He wanted to ask you, please explain more about why do you think these countries deserve the ban

This.

anonymous0711
02-09-2010, 05:02 AM
from what ive heard its because, as mentioned before, many people from these countries are attempting to cheat ratios and sell/trade invites etc and they didnt want to deal with it anymore even tho it upset current users from those countries.
i didnt hear anything about low bandwidths in those countries tho

anon
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
i didnt hear anything about low bandwidths in those countries tho

I'm inclined to think they wouldn't cheat if they had fast upload speeds.

anonymous0711
02-10-2010, 07:55 PM
haha that makes sense... i guess its all comes around in a sick circle