PDA

View Full Version : A disclaimer

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Although this isn't exactly the proper section for it apparently few members venture anywhere else so.......
I just want to publicly give a disclaimer that while I don't entirely see the harm I'm also not in total agreement with posting reviews of sites that would prefer not to be thus exposed.

I mean you can argue the fact that it allows people the opportunity to then decide what sites they might in the future like to be members of,but honestly what point is there to "target" something that collectively we have little or no chance to ever be a part of .
The only thing that I see coming out of it is a lot of sour grapes and wasted time.Not something I think this ,or any , site needs to purposely propagate.

Btw this isn't a reaction that anyone ,anywhere said to me . I ,as stated , just don't believe it is the healthiest thing for people to concern themselves with.

PS if anyone bt staff or otherwise think this is a attempt to" suck up" they may respectfully go fuck themselves.

jasperr
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I think this is a positive message IdolEyes787....

As many people know trackers seem to be declining, many have gone down for various reasons.. It should be everyone's concern to take care of the existing trackers that remain. Places like this have long argued that people have they right to know all about each trackers and that if tracker staff didn't like it they could take a hike! and the site was deemed l33tist, and therefor the subject of vicious verbal and personal attacks..
the problem with that mentality these days is that the authorities use sites like these and other tracker review/info update sites against us.. and as a result trackers are disappearing.. but, there are other issues that can be involved also.. but, still ..
I think that if people want to continue using trackers, they may do better with at least not bringing attention to our community.. trackers come and go, TRUE... but, these days more are going than coming.. Think about that..

ca_aok
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I agree. Seriously if you get banned from a site that wishes to remain secret, do us all a favour and take it like a man, don't respond in such a childish way. That simply validates their idea to ban you in the first place.

All these reviews do is create a bunch of hype over trackers that don't deserve said hype or want nothing to do with it. Ditto with the WTAW thread. When you realize that a tracker is better based on its content and members, not on how hard it is to join, I think you'll find torrenting much more fulfilling ;)

Edit: With that said I feel that tracker staff should be making their own minimalistic reviews of their sites to at least disspell the hype and rumours, since I think one of the problem with the so called "high level trackers" is that people try to join them while knowing nothing about them. However, that should be their decision, not yours.

hagckz0r
02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
snap.

Tokeman
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm on the fence about this. I do agree that these reviews can lead to the over hyping of some trackers, but FST was built on freedom to share information about all types of filesharing and sites. To censor information because a site wants you to, why not go all the way and get rid of the trading seciton as well? Trackers dont want that here, and it also leads to many 'sour grapes' as well, dont you think?

Take the good with the bad IMO, leave things as they are.

Pwner101
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Personally I think that new type of idea they were working on implementing over a year ago was a step in the right direction.
Forget what it was called.
It has the sites acronyms, users, pretimes etc.. all listed.
(Although most of the info was incorrect for alot of sites.)
It was a good idea. Maybe they could take it a step farther and maybe list the type of files the sites get too.
For instance you see X site has good pretimes but you only download HD files. You wouldn't exactly go looking for a waffles account whatever their lvl is because its music.
(Would make alot more sense listing by content and not by what the invites are worth to traders.)

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Another disclaimer.

, why not go all the way and get rid of the trading seciton as well? Trackers dont want that here, and it also leads to many 'sour grapes' as well, dont you think?

Fine by me and since you apparently think I have the power I'll also get rid of all stupidity and pettiness and end world hunger too while I'm at .

@ MM I thought that was a step in the right direction as well . I also believe ( although I could be wrong)lthat it was Detale's idea.

Tokeman
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I was simply pointing out that if you start censoring, where do you draw the line? If you start bending to trackers wishes where do you draw that line?
Yes, it was an absurd suggestion, and was ment to be taken as sarcasm, but I guess you missed that...

Cabalo
02-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Personally I think that new type of idea they were working on implementing over a year ago was a step in the right direction.
Forget what it was called.
It has the sites acronyms, users, pretimes etc.. all listed.
(Although most of the info was incorrect for alot of sites.)
It was a good idea. Maybe they could take it a step farther and maybe list the type of files the sites get too.
For instance you see X site has good pretimes but you only download HD files. You wouldn't exactly go looking for a waffles account whatever their lvl is because its music.
(Would make alot more sense listing by content and not by what the invites are worth to traders.)
Isn't it this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/) what you are referring to?

ca_aok
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
But then people would realize that the best trackers are actually places like Torrents.ru and the traders would go out of business :o

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I guess you missed that...

I miss a lot apparently.

dvdasacd
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
It just boils down to this: "if you want something back from us (membership at our site) then respect our rules". Simple. Whether you agree or disagree with the wishes of a tracker is not really that significant, because many people have ALL sots of views on it (and seeming moral justifications for BOTH sides of the spectrum).

What I'm curoius at IdolEyes, is are you going to do anything about it or did you just open discussion about it?

Either way, I don't think anything at FST will change - everyone loves the hype too much, they love the juicy leaked info too much, the goss, the drama. I am sure FST will never change becuse everyone (sickeningly) loves it, whether openly or secretly.

FST is kinda like our collective guilty pleasure, it's the Soho of the bt world, and although I could do without it (and wish its tracker-unfriendly elements didn't exist), I won't hide the fact that I taste of its guilty pleasures just like everybody else does, while it IS here.

But to be staff here is completely different, IdolEyes787...

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 05:40 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-a-disclaimer-post3382695/postcount7

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-a-disclaimer-post3382695/postcount7)You know it would make my life a whole lot happier easier if people bothered to actually read previous posts before commenting.

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-a-disclaimer-post3382695/postcount7)It have been brought up numerous times to the powers that be that FST doesn't exist in a vacuum but they have formed over time their own opinions that apparently aren't going to change .
I on the other hand believe that listening to other peoples concerns is not some juvenile sign of "weakness" but rather of a demonstration of your commonsense .
(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-a-disclaimer-post3382695/postcount7)

dvdasacd
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-a-disclaimer-post3382718/postcount12

It would save me a lot of time if people actually read my posts *properly* before commenting. ;)

I just SAID myself that FST won't change, lol...I left it open to ANY sort of action that you could take (to put your own philosophies into practice), and what I was more meaning was something like leaving staff, actually. (what else can you do, in terms of taking action [if you DO want to take action)?)

Discussion is nice, even though, er, it's been done to death (and back)...but it's nice to see your view and your concerns. But I wonder if you'll end up leaving staff like Detale...

antrax34130
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Where WTAW thread is it? :frusty:

Artemis
02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Where WTAW thread is it? :frusty:

Seek & ye shall find.......

seriously it's a sticky thread at the top of the trade section.

cap87
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I agree. Seriously if you get banned from a site that wishes to remain secret, do us all a favour and take it like a man, don't respond in such a childish way. That simply validates their idea to ban you in the first place.

this.

puckface
02-01-2010, 09:50 PM
My reaction to this has always been: what makes some sites so special? I mean, why do some sites need to be referred to with asterisks and some sites can be talked about openly. Also, the same goes for screen shots and reviews.

Please no one say tracker rules, every site I belong to has a clause somewhere in their rules to not openly discuss the site.. but people only respect the wishes of some of those sites.. I don't care how "rare" your tracker is or if you think that your tracker is the shit or you think you are special, all sites are the same and should be treated as such.

Artemis
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
My reaction to this has always been: what makes some sites so special? I mean, why do some sites need to be referred to with asterisks and some sites can be talked about openly. Also, the same goes for screen shots and reviews.

Please no one say tracker rules, every site I belong to has a clause somewhere in their rules to not openly discuss the site.. but people only respect the wishes of some of those sites.. I don't care how "rare" your tracker is or if you think that your tracker is the shit or you think you are special, all sites are the same and should be treated as such.

Then the reverse is surely true, if you see all sites as the same, why did you trade for them, or did they once have a value to you but no longer ?
I don't mean this question with any sort of malice truly, it just seems to me that your position now, and your former position as a trader are diametrically opposed ?

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:09 PM

It would save me a lot of time if people actually read my posts *properly* before commenting. ;)

If you learned how to express yourself a little more clearly then maybe I wouldn't have to .:P

Some places for whatever reason, right or wrong , don't want the exposure while others couldn't care less and some even welcome the publicity .
I mean if you were to ask someone very nicely not to do something( however innocuous) and they went ahead and did it anyway what would your opinion of them be?That's all I'm really getting at here, otherwise I couldn't agree more with you.

puckface
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Some places for whatever reason, right or wrong , don't want the exposure while others couldn't care less and some even welcome the publicity .
I mean if you were to ask someone very nicely not to do something( however innocuous) and they went ahead and did it anyway what would your opinion of them be?That's all I'm really getting at here, otherwise I couldn't agree more with you.

And I agree with you, just an alternate point.

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Whatever it's not like they traded Ian White.

puckface
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Yeah what the hell was that?

ghurka
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
My reaction to this has always been: what makes some sites so special? I mean, why do some sites need to be referred to with asterisks and some sites can be talked about openly. Also, the same goes for screen shots and reviews.I think its called common courtesy. If a site asks for anonymity why not give it to them. What is the point of posting a review or the full name of a site that most members here are not going to get into anyway.

Please no one say tracker rules, every site I belong to has a clause somewhere in their rules to not openly discuss the site.. but people only respect the wishes of some of those sites.. I don't care how "rare" your tracker is or if you think that your tracker is the shit or you think you are special, all sites are the same and should be treated as such.You've been around long enough that you should have realised by now that tracker staff don't want their sites to be "rare"....and not all sites are the same. Most of what you would call "rare" sites have a lot less members than those who don't care about publicity. There is a different atmosphere on these sites and they want it to stay that way.

Seems like you are looking at it from a traders perspective not a members perspective.

IdolEyes787
02-01-2010, 10:40 PM

I think they got fed up with the way they would post something and like a page later he would post the exact same thing.

ca_aok
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
The whole "I'm a fucking badass for posting images against tracker wishes behind a fake name, my e-peen is 20 feet long" mentality is the real problem. Really, what's the point of exposing them if they'd rather be left alone? So it can be added to WTAW for more traders to slobber over?

puckface
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
I think its called common courtesy. If a site asks for anonymity why not give it to them. What is the point of posting a review or the full name of a site that most members here are not going to get into anyway.

Please no one say tracker rules, every site I belong to has a clause somewhere in their rules to not openly discuss the site.. but people only respect the wishes of some of those sites.. I don't care how "rare" your tracker is or if you think that your tracker is the shit or you think you are special, all sites are the same and should be treated as such.You've been around long enough that you should have realised by now that tracker staff don't want their sites to be "rare"....and not all sites are the same. Most of what you would call "rare" sites have a lot less members than those who don't care about publicity. There is a different atmosphere on these sites and they want it to stay that way.

Seems like you are looking at it from a traders perspective not a members perspective.

Common courtesy I have no problem with, I just have a problem with courtesy for some and not for others.

Secondly, I used "rare", but I did use other descriptors so please read my whole post, it would be appreciated. My point, in case you missed it is the same as above, why are some sites special and some not?

My post was just a simple comment on equality, if you need to look deeper into it, then so be it.

I think they got fed up with the way they would post something and like a page later he would post the exact same thing.

Phaneuf does that shit all the time, its just gonna make matters worse (for that particular instance)

1000possibleclaws
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
The whole "I'm a fucking badass for posting images against tracker wishes behind a fake name, my e-peen is 20 feet long" mentality is the real problem. Really, what's the point of exposing them if they'd rather be left alone? So it can be added to WTAW for more traders to slobber over?

How would it increase your "e-peen" if it's under a fake nick? If I were to post a review, it would be an exposing one for a site with staff who are self righteous ego ridden fucks. But luckily other people will post reviews for those sites, and I can be lazy about it and do nothing.

TP635
02-02-2010, 06:37 AM
FST: The place where trackers rules are ignored.

Nothing wrong with that; but there is nothing right about it; just different.

pone44
02-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Maybe true in some ways but not by all members! It is a forum with a lot of members, options.

FST: The place where trackers rules are ignored.

hagckz0r
02-02-2010, 07:48 AM
I am feeling your penises are turning into pussies :-s

megabyteme
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
It has not occurred to me prior to this, but FST is more of an information source than it is any kind of club. With journalism comes a variety of lines- Do we care about and confirm our sources? Do we put our sponsors above our readers? Do we honor an individual's/group's right to privacy? Is there such a thing as privacy? Who has the right to know? Is there a right to know anything?

Many of these questions have been looming in the background for quite a while. With change comes a re-invigoration of these questions.

I don't believe anyone has a definitive answer. A quick scan of the evening "news" shows the direction of journalism as a whole. Controversy sells. We cast our votes for sensationalism and tabloid journalism every time we indulge in that kind of guilty pleasure; we support it every time we spread rumors and gossip ourselves.

I do think the makeup of the membership here will be a result of how the answers regarding privacy are presented in the form of site policies. Does the info-seeking community's desire to know outweigh the site creators' interest to remain private? Which choices will bring in and retain the most members on FST? Should FST give credibility to and/or a platform for scorned ex-members?

Personally, I favor an individual's rights to privacy and carry that over to site ownership. I am certain that no one would want their personal information spread around as freely as sites have their content and makeup handed out. In this community, there are substantial personal risks for staffing and/or owning a site. Should these costs be ignored for the benefit of quick info?

In terms of membership quality, I don't think quick and easy equates to better, more trustworthy, or long-lasting. I believe there is benefit in having members who stick around and enjoy being part of the greater community. For those who do, the answers become available. The alternative seems to be people who favor quick, easy answers, and consequently, easy access to the community. I do not think there is reason to believe these in-and-out members will show any kind of longevity on FST, either.

All this said, FST has rights to pursue its interests as well. If current decisions have a substantial effect on membership, either positive or negative, it will be up to the staff and owners to make further changes. FST is a center-point in the file-sharing community- that is one thing I do not see, or want to see, change any time soon!

Artemis
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM

Wow ! I can actually see the I.Q. points disappearing.......

Bubbles
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM

How would it increase your "e-peen" if it's under a fake nick? If I were to post a review, it would be an exposing one for a site with staff who are self righteous ego ridden fucks. But luckily other people will post reviews for those sites, and I can be lazy about it and do nothing.

His "friends" would know about it...you always tell someone when you screw up.

Idol rocks BTW.

jasperr
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
well, let's not turn this discussion into disagreement ... i think IdolEyes is on to something positive.. no need for people to start getting defensive..

hagckz0r
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM

ok! so you indeed are a big fat lady, pls count the iq that's in my pants.. hey mommy how much how much do I have? :shifty:

Mucho luv for ma hooligans.

puckface
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM

Then the reverse is surely true, if you see all sites as the same, why did you trade for them, or did they once have a value to you but no longer ?
I don't mean this question with any sort of malice truly, it just seems to me that your position now, and your former position as a trader are diametrically opposed ?

Didn't see this yesterday so excuse my delayed response. Firstly, who said my position of a trader was former or current? Whether I do or don't has no bearing on this discussion. But I will answer that they are not opposed since the reason I ever did trade was due to curiosity and the easiest way of obtaining a cure to said curiosity. I still see noting wrong with it.

Having a "value" as you put it is merely a measure of how difficult it is to enter a certain tracker is what I think you meant. I can understand that reaction, but the point here is privacy matters not value. Shouldn't all trackers have their privacy wishes granted and some others not? Or should it be a free for all? These are questions that I cannot answer for myself, they are just something to think about as I stated somewhere earlier. Lots of people break tracker rules everyday here, who am I to say what is right and wrong, all Im saying is that we do it equally.

well, let's not turn this discussion into disagreement ... i think IdolEyes is on to something positive.. no need for people to start getting defensive..

Agreed.

Artemis
02-02-2010, 07:00 PM

.............pls count the iq that's in my pants.. hey mommy how much how much do I have? :shifty:

That is indeed a putdown! Wow, I'm trembling. So they hit you with the stupid stick not once but twice ?

........Firstly, who said my position of a trader was former or current?

You have several times, in your own posts.

Having a "value" as you put it is merely a measure of how difficult it is to enter a certain tracker

This is not my value system, this is the value system placed on trackers by those who wish to enter them based on their 'rarity'.

Lots of people break tracker rules everyday here, who am I to say what is right and wrong, all Im saying is that we do it equally.

So if I understand you correctly we should go for the lowest common denominator, i.e. not respect any tracker wishes at all, the url, internal screens, and all other relevant information should be public ? Doesn't really make them much of a private tracker then does it? Or should every tracker get rid of this silly invite system and just open registrations already ?

sheela
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Without having read all the comments i'd like to make an input without getting into the above crossfire;

I do agree at some points with you IdolEyes. Although, you still have to put in consideration that these trackers, even though they are 'private' aren't as private as some of them would like to be.

With the enourmous interest from people who don't know anything about trackers, what they do or provide or even what they stand for - and then hear from somewhere that tracker A is much better than tracker B some sort of curiosity comes up.

And also there are som who's been using e.g. Tracker B for three years, and now that person realises that Tracker B isn't sufficient for his needs, where will he go to be provided with the information he needs?

From my point of view 'everyone' is needed to create a good tracker, but of course there's always some rotten eggs....

cinephilia
02-02-2010, 10:34 PM
It just boils down to this: "if you want something back from us (membership at our site) then respect our rules". Simple. Whether you agree or disagree with the wishes of a tracker is not really that significant, because many people have ALL sots of views on it (and seeming moral justifications for BOTH sides of the spectrum).

What I'm curoius at IdolEyes, is are you going to do anything about it or did you just open discussion about it?

Either way, I don't think anything at FST will change - everyone loves the hype too much, they love the juicy leaked info too much, the goss, the drama. I am sure FST will never change becuse everyone (sickeningly) loves it, whether openly or secretly.

FST is kinda like our collective guilty pleasure, it's the Soho of the bt world, and although I could do without it (and wish its tracker-unfriendly elements didn't exist), I won't hide the fact that I taste of its guilty pleasures just like everybody else does, while it IS here.

But to be staff here is completely different, IdolEyes787...

I just SAID myself that FST won't change, lol...I left it open to ANY sort of action that you could take (to put your own philosophies into practice), and what I was more meaning was something like leaving staff, actually. (what else can you do, in terms of taking action [if you DO want to take action)?)

Discussion is nice, even though, er, it's been done to death (and back)...but it's nice to see your view and your concerns. But I wonder if you'll end up leaving staff like Detale...
it's sad how people spend their time ratiocinating/caviling about such insignificant ethical questions like we were talking about a vital matter.
i know this is the kind of attitude a certain fringe of the bt users love to adopt (some veterans torrenters/members of 'cool' private forums) but still, it still get on my nerves.

hagckz0r
02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
@artemis keep taking your crazy pills, i'm sure your brain will receive some great ideas
I'll end here as this has nothing to do with Idol's thread. Srry for the off.

Cabalo
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
My view point of the subject:

I'm on the fence about this. I do agree that these reviews can lead to the over hyping of some trackers, but FST was built on freedom to share information about all types of filesharing and sites. To censor information because a site wants you to, why not go all the way and get rid of the trading seciton as well? Trackers dont want that here, and it also leads to many 'sour grapes' as well, dont you think?

Take the good with the bad IMO, leave things as they are.

I was simply pointing out that if you start censoring, where do you draw the line? If you start bending to trackers wishes where do you draw that line?
Yes, it was an absurd suggestion, and was meant to be taken as sarcasm, but I guess you missed that...

And for those who haven't noticed, the WTAW was "merged" with the WTO, leaving the infamous rarity level as just one more option users will consider when looking for a site to join.
Hopefully, if you are new to bt, you will probably go to specific trackers with high "contents" ranking. That's what the logic tells us.
In the mid long term it may produce results. If not, at least there was an attempt to skew members to choose which places they would consider useful to join based on those who do their best to excel in contents, and not rarity.
Having a WTO thread with 4 or 5 trackers there wouldn't probably help those stay off the radar either, would it? The more present there, the more diluted seeking for some sought after trackers will be. There's no point hiding stuff you can find with any google search. What's the point? Please the staff ? Save our asses? There's nothing secret enough on bt.

Leading to ca_aok's:

But then people would realize that the best trackers are actually places like Torrents.ru and the traders would go out of business :o

Artemis
02-02-2010, 11:48 PM
OK the sarcasm is starting to bore me, but cinephilia if you want people to take you seriously then making up words doesn't help......

.....ratiocinating/caviling
If either of these is in the dictionary please point them out.

Rart
02-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Do you really feel it is necessary to stoop down to nitpicking on other peoples grammar in order to counteract their arguments? Is that what people on mature and exclusive forums do? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
02-03-2010, 12:29 AM
My view point of the subject:

Having a WTO thread with 4 or 5 trackers there wouldn't probably help those stay off the radar either, would it? The more present there, the more diluted seeking for some sought after trackers will be. There's no point hiding stuff you can find with any google search. What's the point? Please the staff ? Save our asses? There's nothing secret enough on bt.

Like I said personal ethos.If someone politely requests that I don't specifically do something and it doesn't hurt anyone not to do it then personally I would think myself a total jerk if I didn't comply .

Maybe I'm not looking at the bigger picture, maybe I'm a naive idiot but that's how I chose to live my life or rather the minuscule the part of my life that I have any control over.

Idol rocks BTW.

Literally . After a day of dealing with the average member here I sit in a dark corner and rock back and forth .

@hagckz0r I assure you I am the last person that you ever need to apologize to for being off topic.:whistling

OK the sarcasm is starting to bore me, but cinephilia if you want people to take you seriously then making up words doesn't help......

All words are made up ,the only difference that some have been in use longer than others. Undercomprehend.?

Rart
02-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Like I said personal ethos.If someone politely requests that I don't specifically do something and it doesn't hurt anyone not to do it then personally I would think myself a total jerk if I didn't comply .

Perhaps policies regarding the posting of reviews are out of our control, but I believe things like that are what help fuel view counts :unsure:. And if that's the case, there's not much we can do about it unfortunately.

Artemis
02-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Do you really feel it is necessary to stoop down to nitpicking on other peoples grammar in order to counteract their arguments? Is that what people on mature and exclusive forums do? :unsure:

Rart, that isn't grammar, those are made up words, I tried to say it as pleasantly as humanly possible, and in no way did I use it to couneract his argument ? And where did the mature and exclusive forums come from ? Is that you showing your own prejudices ?
Simply put, made up words detract from the overall statement.

IdolEyes787
02-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Perhaps policies regarding the posting of reviews are out of our control, but I believe things like that are what help fuel view counts :unsure:. And if that's the case, there's not much we can do about it unfortunately.

I think your right Maximus.

Villalltheway
02-03-2010, 12:58 AM
So lets say this site did take the polices of politely taking requests from trackers not to have reviews of their site here. What if all the decent trackers asked politely to take their reviews off what would happen then? Would u take them off?

End of the day lets face it the majority of the visitors of this site just come to troll for invites and use the reviews and wtaw thread to see what they want to get, and without these things the visitors of this site would fall pretty much altogether.

So end of the day i couldnt see management accepting this, making this discussion pretty much redundant.

IdolEyes787
02-03-2010, 01:04 AM
So end of the day i couldnt see management accepting this, making this discussion pretty much redundant.

No that would be irrelevant, , purportless or useless
Redundant would be me saying that your post sucks goat wiener.

ca_aok
02-03-2010, 01:06 AM

Maybe I'm not looking at the bigger picture, maybe I'm a naive idiot but that's how I chose to live my life or rather the minuscule the part of my life that I have any control over.
But... you could be an e-badass and an e-rebel by disobeying those simple requests! And at the end of the day, isn't that what we're all going for here? :whistling

IdolEyes787
02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Chicks do dig rebels.

Artemis
02-03-2010, 01:09 AM

And I'm the evil grammar wielding arch fiend ? :shutup:

Villalltheway
02-03-2010, 01:22 AM

Alright alright chill out no need to get personal. But lets face it you know its true and everyone else knows it true that the vast majority of people come here looking for invites, and use the reviews and wtaw to see what they want.

The only thing that I see coming out of it is a lot of sour grapes and wasted time.Not something I think this ,or any , site needs to purposely propagate.

yet it remains i wonder why?

Ewwwyourface
02-03-2010, 01:36 AM
sites are secret to get members with hype staff dont want reviews cuz they dont want every1 to see how terrible their site is lmfao
these nerds want ppl to join their joke sites wit no clue and say some shit like we are a communtiy to trick ppl into staying
cn u can get all the shit there on pub torrents with faster speeds but look at the frontpg says welcome to the family lmfao whenever u hear some1 say family and ur not real family u kno ur being manipulated lol
skittles has old shit no1 wants but they try to addict u with activity points lol
revolt has only 2 torrents wat the fk lmfao
nobody would kno this shit without reviews u dick riders can keep talkin its common courtesy to not have a trade section too lol

cinephilia
02-03-2010, 01:54 AM

there was absolutely no sarcasm intended.
and for the record, those words are not made up, just a bit uncommon i guess.

ratiocinate
ra·ti·oc·i·nate (rsh-s-nt)
intr.v. ra·ti·oc·i·nat·ed, ra·ti·oc·i·nat·ing, ra·ti·oc·i·nates

To reason methodically and logically.

[Latin raticinr, raticint-, from rati, calculation; see ratio.]
more info:
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/thesaurus/entry/ratiocinate

cavil
cav·il (kvl)

v. cav·iled also cav·illed, cav·il·ing also cav·il·ling, cav·ils also cav·ils
v.intr.
To find fault unnecessarily; raise trivial objections. See Synonyms at quibble.
v.tr.
To quibble about; detect petty flaws in.
n.
A carping or trivial objection.

[French caviller, from Old French, from Latin cavillr, to jeer, from cavilla, a jeering.]
more info:
http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/cavil

Rart
02-03-2010, 01:58 AM
revolt has only 2 torrents wat the fk lmfao

While certainly not endorsing anything Ewwwyourface says something about the way this is said just makes me crack up :lol:

Thanks for that.

And to Artemis... ouch. Perhaps you really should've checked before saying that :pinch:

DonkeyPacker
02-03-2010, 02:08 AM
While I agree that the cons of posting a review of such a site outweigh the cons and would thus not do so myself I have always been massively annoyed by censorship of any kind so I would never advocate abstinence either. Just calculate how much you want to post whatever you post, how detrimental it could be to you and others, and this way the post will at least be educated. To some extent. I think I'm kinda rambling. Whatever, just my two cents.

puckface
02-03-2010, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=Artemis;3382910]

........Firstly, who said my position of a trader was former or current?

You have several times, in your own posts.

I think you misunderstood my question. I dont think I have ever said that I was done with trading, if I did the please excuse me. But my point was is that I never mentioned either way

Having a "value" as you put it is merely a measure of how difficult it is to enter a certain tracker

This is not my value system, this is the value system placed on trackers by those who wish to enter them based on their 'rarity'.

Mine either, just the one in wtaw.. I dont give a shit about that either

Lots of people break tracker rules everyday here, who am I to say what is right and wrong, all Im saying is that we do it equally.

So if I understand you correctly we should go for the lowest common denominator, i.e. not respect any tracker wishes at all, the url, internal screens, and all other relevant information should be public ? Doesn't really make them much of a private tracker then does it? Or should every tracker get rid of this silly invite system and just open registrations already ?

No..... I said equality. Equal, good or bad.. all or nothing, everyone the same, no one special. Get the point?

1000possibleclaws
02-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Use common sense and weigh opportunity costs before making a review

I think you basically meant this, but wrote it out with more words?

Artemis
02-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Well, never being one to runaway and hide if I am wrong........ I stand corrected cinephilia, you must be inebriated by the locquaciousness of your own vituperation :naughty:

cinephilia
02-03-2010, 03:53 AM
that said, i didn't use 'ratiocinate' and 'cavil' to show off, i just couldn't find better words to express my though - both words have the pejorative connotation i was looking for.

IdolEyes787
02-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Alright alright chill out no need to get personal.

It was a joke I thought that was obvious.
If I was really upset I wouldn't use the words donkey wiener I'd use something like ratiocinating or caviling as in " Ewwwyourface there is no point in trying to ratiocinate with you or cavil about your stupidity so I will instead put it succinctly . Idiot .

Artemis
02-03-2010, 04:43 AM
OK you win idol, that made my head hurt try to decipher your rather convoluted sentence structure. You do know that your colon is going to leap up and strangle you as a mercy to mankind one day don't you ? :blink:

IdolEyes787
02-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Shouldn't that be s semi-colon?

Cabalo
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM

Well, you already knew the problems I faced when I removed someone's review, and the double standard it could create. I know I won't move a straw, and graciously decline to comply with such requests.
And this is nothing related with "do what you are told to".
It's more about not creating further problems to this forum and all those who have staff functions, by creating double standards. I understood that completely when that issue I raised before, happened.

It's a noble attitude of yours, but you missed a part of the whole picture, and the problems you can create to those who are together with you in the same boat.

A
02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Well if a tracker wants to be under the radar and how ever worthless it maybe,I say so be it.Who the fuck cares? yea ... level seekers do ... so at the end of the day those type of trackers are for level seekers.
As long as content oriented Trackers dont start bullshit all around I say leave the l33t trackers to l33ts.After all if a tracker is started with the intention of sharing files they will be looking for torrenters as well.
not 1 or 2 members sharing files which is worst than available in TPB

It was a joke I thought that was obvious.
If I was really upset I wouldn't use the words donkey wiener I'd use something like ratiocinating or caviling as in " Ewwwyourface there is no point in trying to ratiocinate with you or cavil about your stupidity so I will instead put it succinctly . Idiot .
EPIC

sez
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
BT is a culture and these little things are part of this culture.I've never understood why some people worship animals but they are just but practicing their norms and the best thing to do is to show respect as much as I don't understand.

There will always be traders,chasers,levels,l3375,n00bs,reviews etc.If people can't practice this culture here then they'll just find another place to do it.