PDA

View Full Version : mid-size music trackers (not what.cd and waffles)

jimbobc
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I just got my first Mp3 player a few months ago, so I consider myself a entry level Mp3 user. I am looking for a decent size music track which provides a variety of music types. I used EZtorrent for a while (because it's free to get in), and found it is OK, but I am wondering if there are other options out there.

I read the review guide of this website, and found a few other decent size trackes: FileMP3, STMusic, TranceTraffic, and VIP Music. Which one do you all recommend? Do you have advices about other tracker which may suit up my need?

Thank you for the help!:)

anon
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Don't forget SceneSound. It's an Scene-only music releases tracker.

TT will be difficult for you to get in.

Personally, I'd go for STMusic, it's the one I use the most from the ones you mentioned.

Cabalo
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
VIPmusic and libble are also some for you to consider.
Check http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/ and filter by "music", on the top row.

And scenesound, don't forget about scenesound. ;)

jimbobc
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks to both of you.

Yes, I do mention VIP music in my original list, I will see if I can get in.

By the way, I forgot to mention, I am using Libble as well. I don't know, so many options out there, and I am just try to figure out which of all those are "better" than others.

anon
02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Libble is ratio-free, something important if your upload speed isn't the best. They don't have too much of the things I tend to look for, but their mixtapes are nice.

1000possibleclaws
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
EZtorrents is amazing to me, but that's because it's a niche site which provides only flac bootlegs, and I appreciate that stuff.

Demonoid and Isohunt should be fine for 'entry level' mp3 users, or basically for anyone from audiophiles to regular listeners.

jimbobc
02-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks for all the info, anyone else have other suggestions?

Rart
02-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Personally I find that unless you're into the likes of what/waffles, most other "private" sites are sorely lacking in terms of content.

Music files aren't really that big either, so I don't find speed to be that much of an issue, so I would just go for the big sites.

Public trackers, demonoid, torrents.ru, as well as DDL from rapidshare and SoulSeek should be plenty.

ca_aok
02-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Definitely check out soulseek. I've found some extremely rare albums on there, though unfortunately it's often in 128kbps MP3 :( Learn how to rip music soulseekers!

Other than that, What/Waffles are really your best bet if you're looking for a private tracker...

karachidude
02-02-2010, 01:43 AM
CE and SQN are nice aswell,both ratioless

Zac090
02-02-2010, 04:18 AM
CE and SQN are nice aswell,both ratiolessThey have very less torrents though.....plus SqN will die soon :whistling

Try EZTorrents,STMusic

tarrkovsky
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
CoExist, a very good ratioless music tracker

Ewwwyourface
02-03-2010, 01:46 AM
learn to read take the interview and join what.cd

Rart
02-03-2010, 01:54 AM
learn to read take the interview and join what.cd

If you're not an audiophile that requires the utmost quality in your music than what is not a necessity considering the difficulty in maintaining a ratio there. Other sites have more than enough in terms of content.

Ewwwyourface
02-03-2010, 02:06 AM
ya ok seeding wat u dl is real difficult lol

Kasim
02-03-2010, 02:45 AM
what.cd is too difficult to in.

anon
02-03-2010, 05:15 PM
what.cd is too difficult to in.

If you don't want to learn a bit and take the interview there are few chances an invite will come to you.

jimbobc
02-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Thank for all the great info. One of my best friends has one what.CD invite, but I didn't ask for it since I know it's pretty valuable. On top of that, I am only getting started with my own collection, and I figure a good "mid-size" tracker will do it. I will wait around and see if anyone is kind enough to give off an invite to STmusic or VIP music.

Tv Controls you
02-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Thank for all the great info. One of my best friends has one what.CD invite, but I didn't ask for it since I know it's pretty valuable. On top of that, I am only getting started with my own collection, and I figure a good "mid-size" tracker will do it. I will wait around and see if anyone is kind enough to give off an invite to STmusic or VIP music.

Stmusic in terms of management is a superior to what.cd.

Although there is alot more content on what.cd, but at the cost of being harassed constantly.
If you really want to get into the site, take the interview. It's not really "valuable" at all, every tracker you have listed is top-notch compared to what.cd's staff.

Once you get the hang of torrenting and music files look into waffles, it is simply the best for finding all music.

ca_aok
02-04-2010, 04:31 AM
Lol@ the above.

Anyway, the interview really isn't that bad. And if your friend has an invite, just have him send it if he's willing. Invites are meant to be used. Idk how a site with 120K members is considered hard to join...

Rigel9
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
stmusic in terms of management is a superior to what.cd.

Although there is alot more content on what.cd, but at the cost of being harassed constantly.
If you really want to get into the site, take the interview. It's not really "valuable" at all, every tracker you have listed is top-notch compared to what.cd's staff.

Once you get the hang of torrenting and music files look into waffles, it is simply the best for finding all music.

0/10

System
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
http://themusicplay.net

Daydream
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I use FileMP3, VIPv2 and SceneSound but my favorite all the time is SceneSound (the ex Softmp3). It offers huge list of old and new scene releases, even a FLAC if you are a audio connoisseur.
I am wondering about what and waffles. What is so special there?

cinephilia
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
http://themusicplay.net
stop spamming useless shit, themusicplay has only 746 torrents according the review...

Zac090
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
VIPv2
I think you mean VIP-Music ;)

anon
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I am wondering about what and waffles. What is so special there?

The amount of content, they also offer albums in different formats, which doesn't happen in Scene-only music trackers.

ultrassur, you have access to the "BitTorrent Invite Giveaways And Requests" subforum - why not posting a request there? :)

Castronaut
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I only use the smaller trackers for niche content. If you're into indie, Indietorrents and Shellife are pretty much essential.

1000possibleclaws
02-05-2010, 03:16 AM
STMusic is shit. I got so many dupe downloads when I used that site. Uploaders there think its perfectly fine to snatch tracks off of limewire at mixed bitrates, retag it as an album, and label it as 'V0'

anon
02-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Uploaders there think its perfectly fine to snatch tracks off of limewire at mixed bitrates, retag it as an album, and label it as 'V0'

They must think anything above 128Kbps is a waste of space :lol:

unbreakablegrl
02-05-2010, 05:35 PM
think music-vid is cute

anon
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Music-Vids focuses on music videos, the thread starter is looking for music trackers. :)

jimbobc
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys, great information. I wish I could have some good invites that I can trade with someone. Anyway, I will just wait around and see if some day someones is willing to give off STMusic, ScenceSound or VIP Music invite.

ca_aok
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys, great information. I wish I could have some good invites that I can trade with someone. Anyway, I will just wait around and see if some day someones is willing to give off STMusic, ScenceSound or VIP Music invite.
Don't resort to trading if you haven't done so already. There's no reason for you to go down that path and it could screw you over later if sites discover who you are. Make a request for one of those sites after posting a bit more and I'm sure someone will help you out a bit, since invites to each one are fairly plentiful.

Alternatively, take the What.CD interview. It's the best private site for music, and if you ever become a Power User there they have many sites available in their PU+ Invites forum, and you'll never be forced to resort to trading :)

Kysar
02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
VIPMusic and STMusic aren't that bad.