PDA

View Full Version : New Website Design

ScotchGuy
10-18-2003, 02:37 AM
I changed the site design of my website after 6 months. Tell me what you think of it, I need some feeback. Thanks.

My Webpage (http://www.ultra-hiptastic.com/)

This site was designed for Mozilla Firebird and for a 1024x768 resolution.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the fireworks page is still under construction.

leonidas
10-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Not extremly original, but quite nice.

uNz[i]
10-18-2003, 04:06 AM
Yeah.. it's nifty and retro lookin'... well done :)

ScotchGuy
10-18-2003, 05:26 AM
Thanks Justsomeguy, that's precisely what I was going for.

Evil Fish
10-18-2003, 06:33 AM
that site design is ultra hiptastic

I.am
10-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Not bad!
Although, the whole strike-out on link is a little childish and unprofessional.
Goodluck!

kurtsl0an
10-18-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by I.am@18 October 2003 - 06:39
Not bad!
Although, the whole strike-out on link is a little childish and unprofessional.
Goodluck!
i agree - i like everything except that part. what's the point?

ScotchGuy
10-18-2003, 06:52 AM
I thought it looked neat. This isn't a very professional site anyway.

So you still think I should lose the strikethrough?

Keikan
10-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Better than what I can do ;)

http://ksc.fateback.com

Ps: on your aol hating thing, you forgot netzero they have like 128k dial up for $14.95 v92 crap or something

Rip The Jacker
10-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@17 October 2003 - 22:52
I thought it looked neat. This isn't a very professional site anyway.

So you still think I should lose the strikethrough?
Yes. Other than that, great site! :)

RedRival
10-18-2003, 12:48 PM
some of your top banner requires some shaping it, some shading is missing and the "news items" text should be neater or made into a graphics.

I didn't click on any links, so other than that it's pretty good.

J'Pol
10-18-2003, 01:19 PM
In my opinion this is in very poor taste and offensive.

Being Handicapped rules! No doubt about it, case closed. Seriously being handicapped must be the coolest thing ever. You always get special treatment, you get the closest parking spots, and you get to ride around on one of those awesome motorized wheelchairs. I bet all the handicaps go out late at night and have secret illegal races, that's what I would do. In fact I'm seriously considering hurling myself in front of a passing semi just so I can ride in a motorized wheelchair, it would only increase the fun if I sustained brain damage, just think of all the great colors. Yep being handicapped does rock, there's no argument against it.

I will therefore take your advice in the spirit I take it to have been meant and stay away

MetroStars
10-18-2003, 01:33 PM
cool i like it

clocker
10-18-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@17 October 2003 - 19:37
I changed the site design of my website after 6 months. Tell me what you think of it, I need some feeback. Thanks.

I guess that I would describe the design as "servicable".

Nothing special, but not egregiously bad. I thought that the colors were bland.

Why would you optimise a website for Firebird? It worked OK (I guess) on my IE.

Some of the content, though... :o

XtAsY
10-18-2003, 02:30 PM
yea, but looks neat...

vivitron 15
10-18-2003, 04:51 PM
it doesn't look too bad, but the coding in it is appauling.

take a look here (http://www.w3schools.com) for what you need to change in it to make it neater, nicer and generally better.

also, try using style sheets...it would make it much easier in the future to change it

ScotchGuy
10-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by clocker+18 October 2003 - 05:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 18 October 2003 - 05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScotchGuy@17 October 2003 - 19:37

I guess that I would describe the design as "servicable".

Nothing special, but not egregiously bad. I thought that the colors were bland.

Why would you optimise a website for Firebird? It worked OK (I guess) on my IE.

Some of the content, though... :o [/b][/quote]
I optimised it for Firebird because it&#39;s a much better and faster browser. I also did take IE into consideration, I tested it out and only made changes that would work in Firebird and IE. Somethings however, such as the centering didn&#39;t work the same in IE and Firebird, so you&#39;ll notice in IE that the titles at the top of the table on every page in IE is a little off. Whereas in Firebird it&#39;s smack dab in the middle.

Vivitron: Yes, I&#39;m aware that the coding is terrible, I lost all interest in trying to male it neat because I just wanted to finish it so I threw any code in there that made some things work. Thanks for the link though, I&#39;ll be sure to check it out.

Jpaul: That&#39;s why I put this at the top of the opinion&#39;s page:

"These are my opinions on different matters. If you find any of the material on this site to be offensive then perhaps you should consider leaving."

And this in the Disclaimer (http://www.ultra-hiptastic.com/Disclaimer.htm) page:

"WARNING: You may find some of the material on this website to be offensive. You have been fairly warned, if you are offended by any of the material you cannot hold the creator of this website responsible."

I thought that should give people a heads up, so they know that there is a chance they could find some of it to be offensive.

chinook_apache
10-18-2003, 07:08 PM
hey kool design...did you have to buy it or something cause i am thinking of making a site and i kinda like ur template :P

Acecool
10-18-2003, 08:03 PM
You downloaded and altered that template and did not leave copyright notice...

TheDave
10-18-2003, 08:05 PM
freestyle walking :lol: cool :D

ooo
10-18-2003, 08:08 PM
hey it looks nice... better then my designs, layouts take too much time

www.toon-network.com <-- ehh imma replace that design soon w/ my calvin and hobbes site

www.harrypotterbuddyicons.com/soul <-- looks bad if u view it w/ 1024... does anyone have any idea how to make it stable at 800x600?

J'Pol
10-18-2003, 08:16 PM
ScotchGuy

I agree, I read your warnings / advice and left. I said that in my post earlier in this thread.

I still feel the "opinion" about people with handicaps is in very poor taste, particularly when you say you would like to be handicapped and suggest that brain damage would make it even better.

If this offends people, particularly those with handicaps, or related to people with handicaps, then so be it. I can only assume that you don&#39;t really care about what they think anyway. Otherwise you wouldn&#39;t have posted it.

Hopefully people will realise that you are not actually a Scotsman when dealing with this type of insensitive material.

ScotchGuy
10-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@18 October 2003 - 12:16
ScotchGuy

I agree, I read your warnings / advice and left. I said that in my post earlier in this thread.

I still feel the "opinion" about people with handicaps is in very poor taste, particularly when you say you would like to be handicapped and suggest that brain damage would make it even better.

If this offends people, particularly those with handicaps, or related to people with handicaps, then so be it. I can only assume that you don&#39;t really care about what they think anyway. Otherwise you wouldn&#39;t have posted it.

Hopefully people will realise that you are not actually a Scotsman when dealing with this type of insensitive material.
It&#39;s merely a joke, along the lines of dark humour. I didn&#39;t think it was that big of a deal, if I receive enough complaints I&#39;ll consider taking it down. It really isn&#39;t that funny anyway. It&#39;s poorly written and not some of my best work.

Try one of the other opinions page, I don&#39;t think the others are offensive, except for possibly the UltimateSUV article. Although I did run it by a Native American and he said that he wasn&#39;t bothered by it.

J'Pol
10-18-2003, 08:26 PM
It&#39;s not at all funny, however you are entitled to express your opinion. Much as I find it personally abhorrent.

ScotchGuy
10-18-2003, 08:45 PM
There you go Jpaul, it has been removed.

TheDave
10-19-2003, 04:23 PM
i cant get through :(