PDA

View Full Version : DVDFAB v.6.2.1.8 (Dec2009) Gone Nagware?

Beck38
02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I've used (as I guess LOTS of folks) the 'free' version of DVDFab for a very, very, long time. Occasionally, updating to the 'latest and greatest' whenever I hit something that the older version(s) won't hammer.

Did that last week, and now I discover that when I try to use it, a little 'nag' screen comes up, telling me I need to either get the latest version or pay for it.

Wierd. Has never happened before, don't know if it has something to do with the particular disc, but there it is.

BTW, there is no 'newer' version, so I'm kinda stuck. Anyone else seen this neat 'effect'?

BTW, it won't decrypt whatsoever....

peat moss
02-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Just uninstall , run a regcleaner and install a cracked or older version .

I see that om my start screen as well but I click " do not show again " and have the full access to the program .

Beck38
02-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Just uninstall , run a regcleaner and install a cracked or older version .

I see that om my start screen as well but I click " do not show again " and have the full access to the program .

Tired both methods, nada. In running a 'battery of tests', I found that certain discs exhibited the problem, most did not. Very specific. I think that many folks simply won't 'hit' one of the encrypted types that the latest FAB doesn't like. Unusual that I found a case on a 2 disc set where d1 had the problem, but d2 did not.

Went all the way back to v.6.2.0.5, can go back further (I've saved every version I've ever run), but I've come to the conclusion above, that there are certain discs with certain methods that FAB simply doesn't like.

The program runs, starts to 'open' the disc, grinds through 'scanning' the disc several times, then I get the "you need to renew, or get a new version" message.

YET MORE INFO:

I went back to a disc I had ripped 2-3 months ago, without any problems whatsoever (with DVDFAB), and now it won't rip with the same program. Probably was a slightly earlier version, so I tried that version, and it won't still won't rip.

I'm coming to the conclusion that DVDFAB has 'gone of the tracks' a bit. I went ahead and tried AnyDVD, and it 'kinda' worked, although ripping to ISO proved to be a bit of a problem (result yielded 'trash' in the result), but ripping to video_ts worked like a charm.

Now, this is a VERY specific problem, and I can (as of yet) only replicate it on one disc; it just happened to be the disc I was trying to rip at the time!

Like I said, interesting that I had done it before (again, 2-3 months ago) without problems. Somethings wacky, that's for sure.

djmasturbeat
02-10-2010, 06:15 AM
i definitely think this could be a problem with the registry and other "hidden" folders/ files. i had a paid script thru them for awhile, and i ran into a snafu at one time. i remember they had me delete several things manually , for instance C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator Name\Documents\DVDFab\ (all of this). i cannot remember where else. possibly in the users\your name\appdata\roaming there is a dvd fab folder(i may have this sequence wrong or missing in between folders, plus it varies by operating system, even from x86 to x64) . look around a little. also, if you are in vista or win 7, turn off UAC when uninstalling, reg cleaning, and reinstalling. it does affect these things. if you are using a reg cleaner seperate from your antivirus, disable it temporarily (and go offline of course). see if this helps at all.

SonsOfLiberty
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
DVDFAB has always been pay for...it's never been free...

Only DVDFAB Decrypter is "free" it decrypts it to your hard drive and that's it.

If your using the "real" free version and it cannot rip it will zip the ifo and send it to DVDFAB for anyalsis so the next version will be able to decrypt it.

Oh to your problem, if you using a cracked/serial version, and you let it access the internet this is the reason why, delete all tracks including hidden ones, located in AppDate (or something similar), open up regedit, search DVDFAB. Restart, and re-install and block it from the Internet, the most current version (cracked) is back in December I believe.