PDA

View Full Version : No decent rock anymore

Tv Controls you
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Am I alone on this topic or has there been 0 good releases this year in either genre.
I mean three days grace's, and Atreyu's new cd were ok, but other than that its all trash.

I get tired of playing the same old metallica, trivium, bullet, avenged, all that remains, etc.

There has been such a lack in good rock/metal that I have started to listen to alot of rap and hip/hop as that is the only genre now a days that has new content.

tarrkovsky
02-03-2010, 12:51 AM
soz, the bands you just mentioned are trashy and shouldn't be labelled as rock.

metallica's old records are fantastic.

nope, your absolutely right, hardly any good rock music being put out today. radiohead is alright i guess, and some indie rock bands are fine.

Tv Controls you
02-03-2010, 12:52 AM
soz, the bands you just mentioned are trashy and shouldn't be labelled as rock.

metallica's old records are fantastic.

nope, your absolutely right, hardly any good rock music being put out today. radiohead is alright i guess, and some indie rock bands are fine.

I combined both rock and metal as neither comes out with new content
Metallica is usually considered metal I believe.

I used to to be the same way as you and only listen to old school metal, but I started to like nu metal and such.
It really grows on you

beansis
02-05-2010, 03:01 AM
I get tired of playing the same old metallica, trivium, bullet, avenged, all that remains, etc.

Thats definitely not rock
I think this year has been pretty good for alternative, such as Chevelle.

S!X
02-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Am I alone on this topic or has there been 0 good releases this year in either genre.
I mean three days grace's, and Atreyu's new cd were ok, but other than that its all trash.

There has been such a lack in good rock/metal that I have started to listen to alot of rap and hip/hop as that is the only genre now a days that has new content.

I've been listening to a lot of metallica lately, trivium's played out for me...same with A7X :dabs: