PDA

View Full Version : ww.seedboxhosting.com

Baroness
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
hi everyoine,

i just wanted to know if anyone has any problems with seedboxhosting.com ? Anyone here has a seedbox with them, i have been trying to reach them at their email address but 5 emails et 5 tickets later still no luck....I was pretty happy with their servers but i dont understand the customer service. I dont understand what's going on. Does anyone have some info?

Thanks.:)

maxxas
02-06-2010, 10:28 PM
hi everyoine,

i just wanted to know if anyone has any problems with seedboxhosting.com ? Anyone here has a seedbox with them, i have been trying to reach them at their email address but 5 emails et 5 tickets later still no luck....I was pretty happy with their servers but i dont understand the customer service. I dont understand what's going on. Does anyone have some info?

Thanks.:)

poor service seedboxhosting.com i faund chaep service seedboxsale.com are seedplace.org.uk i dont know with one to choose :unsure:

BigDan390
02-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I too am having issues with seedboxhosting.com -- tickets and emails unanswered over 5 days now.

joey
02-09-2010, 05:31 AM
These guys aren't worth the money...way overpriced...you can get much better service for a lot less money...when I was with them they had all sorts of RAM/memory issues. I would not recommend these guys.

RastaMan
02-19-2010, 12:43 AM
I cancelled them tonight. I was a LONG standing member. Support has disappeared. I opened many tickets in the past month. got one reply within 15 days which didn't amount to squat and I was on their Dual Server. Add them to my growing list of DNUL (Do Not Use List).

They "were" good many months ago, but not anymore.

Revelex
02-20-2010, 09:17 AM
i agree

RastaMan
02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Update: They just moved me to another server and gave me some free time for testing. Will update when I know more.

RastaMan
02-24-2010, 12:20 AM
They stuck me on another server, and I must say, at the time of this posting, I am most impressed. Super speeds via torrent and FTP. I just left Santrex due to very very POOR ftp speeds. less than 1Mbps on a good download.

Baroness
02-25-2010, 12:04 AM
I was thinking about leaving them as well. Rastaman let me know how things are going? I might reconsider, i'm with Xirvik as well..Lets see how things are gonna go on speeds.

RastaMan
02-25-2010, 02:15 AM
Speeds are OUTSTANDING right now. FTP and Torrent. Where-ever they stuck me (box or place) it has been better than my previous year with them so far.

joey
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
First of all what kind of speeds are you getting?

Secondly...they probably stuck you on a server that's empty or has few users...eventually they will fill it up and you will be back to square one.

RastaMan
02-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Here is the ftp DL of 3 directories over 1g in size.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0f73897d0b.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/46d81e286c.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8754e9023d.jpg

Could very well be true Joey. No argue there. But once support left for a few days I gave up and moved on after being with them over a year. With that said, they took it on their own to prorate the left-over time and refunded me without asking. Needless to say I was shocked. I pay for the Dual version of their package. A little pricy, yes.. And they had 2 issues of downtime that I can remember within a year and I thought they were either closing or just didnt care. Support is key, and they assured me that the issue in support responses has been fixed.

During the time I have used them, I tested others sbox providers. Thats just my nature, either faster speeds with better support, account options, and such. Since then I have been with:

Santrex: Setup took longer than stated, support was within 24hrs, torrent speeds fast, FTP was really slow (roughly 600kbps). So I left.

Xirvik: Again, I had to followup many times about setup. Speeds were REALLY fast. FTP and Torrents. However, between the broken GUI Interfaces of the clients they provide and a MAJOR lack of support. They always claimed it was the end user and not them. After going through their forums I found I was not alone but they didnt care and once I was 'able' to chat with support. They were RUDE as hell. Sorry, I have alittle more on the ball in the I.T. world to be treated like a punk 13yr old sboxer. I left.

RapidPeer: Signed up for an account with stated less than 12 hr setup time. 9 days later with not a word to 3 support tickets entered and emails. I finally won a PayPal dispute for refund. The account was never set up.

There were a few more, but that was more than a year ago and I am sure they may be gone by now. That is my HONEST experience. Bad thing is, the above 3 have HEAVY advertising camapigns, but from experience of being a member of them, major faults in one way or another in what was advertised on what you paid for and what you actually got.

Lastly, here is another I plan to try if i can find input on it:
http://seedstorm.com/seedbox.php

Ha!! Spoke too soon.. After some leg work, it appears that seedstorm and rapidpeer may be one in the same.

PerMaFrOsT
02-26-2010, 06:57 AM
During the time I have used them, I tested others sbox providers. Thats just my nature, either faster speeds with better support, account options, and such. Since then I have been with:

Santrex: Setup took longer than stated, support was within 24hrs, torrent speeds fast, FTP was really slow (roughly 600kbps). So I left.

Xirvik: Again, I had to followup many times about setup. Speeds were REALLY fast. FTP and Torrents. However, between the broken GUI Interfaces of the clients they provide and a MAJOR lack of support. They always claimed it was the end user and not them. After going through their forums I found I was not alone but they didnt care and once I was 'able' to chat with support. They were RUDE as hell. Sorry, I have alittle more on the ball in the I.T. world to be treated like a punk 13yr old sboxer. I left.

RapidPeer: Signed up for an account with stated less than 12 hr setup time. 9 days later with not a word to 3 support tickets entered and emails. I finally won a PayPal dispute for refund. The account was never set up.

There were a few more, but that was more than a year ago and I am sure they may be gone by now. That is my HONEST experience. Bad thing is, the above 3 have HEAVY advertising camapigns, but from experience of being a member of them, major faults in one way or another in what was advertised on what you paid for and what you actually got.

Lastly, here is another I plan to try if i can find input on it:
http://seedstorm.com/seedbox.php.

You've had very unlucky so far. What kind of seedbox you looking for? What budget do you have? I can help is to find one fast and reliable if you want.

Ha!! Spoke too soon.. After some leg work, it appears that seedstorm and rapidpeer may be one in the same.
Canīt be a good product when you share a 100Mbps server between 10 people.

RastaMan
03-18-2010, 11:32 PM
UPDATE: On second month, and speeds are still way on top and support has been there any time I have needed them. Professional and quick. They had a few bumps, but well back on track and out of all I have tried, still so far my top pick.

Thelen
03-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Canīt be a good product when you share a 100Mbps server between 10 people.

Well that is a huge generalization. Sure some providers put 10 or 15 or 50 people on a box and totally overload it, but doesn't mean 10 on 100Mbit will automatically be bad :P

A server with 8GB 4x500GB will easily handle 10 people and do 100Mbit 24/7 if required. And I'd know, I've been on such a server.

Oh and rastaman, good for you winning a paypal dispute, you got lucky there as that is actually against paypal policy. paypal offers no protection for services not delivered nor being as advertised, so getting a refund you were extremely lucky, or perhaps enough other people were disputing as well that they blocked the account and refunded everyone!! sadly the people that bought into seedboxup.com haven't gotten anything back, at one stage there was 6 of us all complaining. i guess paypal doesn't care when it is only $5USD.

GregB
03-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi,

I can assure you, seedstorm.com and rapidpeer are not the same.

ttanner
08-17-2010, 02:59 AM
I searched first and this is the most recent one about seedboxhosting.com that I could find. I am not having very good luck with this service right now. I seen that one of their techs a Nathan was here 2 years ago and am curious if any are out there now? Mine went down sometime Friday night and today (Monday) still nothing. I am not happy. I'm thinking dedicated server with someone else is my next best bet. Finding another peer whom I can buddy up with will be easier then working with seedbox.com.

bigg2
08-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Is www.seedboxhosting.co.uk the same people?