PDA

View Full Version : Inverted or non inverted mouse aim?

Rart
02-06-2010, 02:56 PM
To be honest, I've never really though of this too much before. I started playing shooters at a decently young age and at least to me, inverted aiming just seemed more natural to me. I've never really thought twice about it, and sticked to inverted aim for any shooter I played.

I've recently noticed however that nearly all my friends play without inverted aim, and get confused as fuck whenever they try to play with it. Another odd thing is that since I liked playing with inverted aim, I thought it would be more natural to play with inverted aim on consoles, but I get disoriented when trying to play with inverted on consoles. What exactly makes inverted on consoles different from inverted on PC?

Thoughts?

mr. nails
02-06-2010, 07:06 PM
i don't have anything to add to ur post, but my $0.02 in the inverted matter.

non-inverted = fps
inverted = flying

that's how i do it and always have. non-inverted is MORE natural becuz when ur playing a fps moving ur mouse up YOU look up. inverted while flying when u move up YOU dive.

alfrisz
05-02-2010, 04:09 PM
only noninventered

7th
05-02-2010, 10:57 PM
non-inverted = fps
inverted = flying

almost the same thing here BUT...

FPS, when I'm playing in a console, with controller = INVERTED.
FPS, when playing mouse and keyboard = NON-INVERTED.
Flying is INVERTED always.

and, to be honest, I never thought someone could EVER play a FPS with a mouse, keyboard and INVERTED AIM! :O

Rart, you better go talk to your doctor! It can't be normal :lol:

tesco
05-03-2010, 12:01 AM
non-inverted on console and pc for me in any FPS.

I've never used a mouse for a flight simulator, I imagine if I tried that I would need non-inverted (move mouse up to go climb, down to dive).
If I was using keyboard or a controller for a flight sim then I would use inverted...

malyarchuc
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
non inverted fill much more natural to me

Powared
05-13-2010, 10:17 AM
i can only play with non inverted; inverted makes me crazy :/

tsiparamai
05-21-2010, 08:30 AM
When I play on consoles, I sometimes use inverted, but like Nails, I use inverted for flying and non-inverted for pretty much everything else on the PC. I think because you actually move your hand on the PC so it's a tad different than just using your thumbs.

caem96
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
non inverted ever

Mokhtar
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
try play the game to shoot chicken with inverted aim. i can only play normal, my mouse not so good so no help there too. :(

u know game i say? is this:

http://www.phenomedia.de/images/games/screens/mh_remake_01.jpg

Rart
05-28-2010, 02:13 AM
That's different. That's simply a 2D point and shoot, which would probably be incredibly disorienting with inverted aim. What I'm talking about is first person shooters, where your entire view will shift according to your aim.