PDA

View Full Version : Non Tracker Giveaway

gamesover
02-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Here's a giveaway thats a little different. I'm not giving away invites for trackers. There's too many giveaways like that already.

I want to invite some good people to it-leaked, we want leaks, and a warez forum that won't be named. I wont go into rules for this giveaway because i think most of us should know how to apply for a site. Talk about music, what your experience level with filesharing is, just talk to me. I don't invite anyone who i dont have a good feeling for.

I will award winners when i have the time. Im in no rush, real life stuff comes first.

eram
02-07-2010, 12:19 PM
hey gamesover,

I just made a request over at the file sharing section for it-leaked a few days ago :

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-file-sharing-8/t-it-leaked-390957

I am looking for a nice music community not in the torrent world.
Over at the torrent music sites i am active and enjoy being there
but you can never have enough music and input from diffrent people to get new tastes of music.
I would like to apply for one of the music sites you mentioned.
My experience with music filesharing started with napster wich was soon replaced with my all time favourite p2p program : audiogalaxy r.i.p.
since it went down i am looking for a place to fill my music needs wich comes close to itīs greatness.

well i hope i have some chances to be invited into a new community.
For profile links to my music trackers or anything else you need please just let me know

cheers
eram

gamesover
02-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I wasnt sure if this belonged in the Invites section or the filesharing.

Cabalo
02-08-2010, 01:50 AM
It's in the right place man.

cinephilia
02-08-2010, 02:18 AM
[...] and a warez forum that won't be named.
so basically, you're asking people to apply for a site they know nothing about ? :huh:

Tv Controls you
02-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Do you have a good feeling for me? lol

Also could you hint at this private site, as there are a few that come to mind?

beansis
02-08-2010, 05:56 AM
and a warez forum that won't be named.

ll?

gamesover
02-09-2010, 01:44 AM
[...] and a warez forum that won't be named.
so basically, you're asking people to apply for a site they know nothing about ? :huh:

I know its a site everyone would love. If anyone wants to know more about it they can PM me. Besides I can figure out who the collectors are here, and I wont waste an invite if i dont feel they will get any use out of it.

Funkin'
02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
and a warez forum that won't be named.

ll?

That's what I'm guessing too. Not too many warez forums out there that people don't mention the name of(which I don't see why not).

If it is LL, I would definitely consider long and hard who you're going to invite. Since you have to actually work for your invites(unless you pay for them), you don't want to invite some collector that's just going to sit on the account.

beansis
02-10-2010, 04:04 AM
ll?

That's what I'm guessing too. Not too many warez forums out there that people don't mention the name of(which I don't see why not).

If it is LL, I would definitely consider long and hard who you're going to invite. Since you have to actually work for your invites(unless you pay for them), you don't want to invite some collector that's just going to sit on the account.

I'm curious, what does ll have that google doesn't?

Funkin'
02-10-2010, 05:37 AM
You know, I really can't tell you because I've only used Google, maybe, a handful of times to look for a file(which I had no luck with a few of those searches). So hopefully someone that has used both extensively can tell you.

But the biggest draw to LL(for me at least) is its ocean of content all hosted on MU. So you rarely find dead links, and you can download just fine as a free user. Plus the site is extremely active. Just try to imagine a Warez-BB that's private and all the content is hosted on MU.

antrax34130
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
not really a warez-bb board ... only 300k mu links?

and hosted on MU? useless...

anon
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM

Why? I'd even say Megaupload is better than Rapidshare these days... there are free slots most of the time, good speeds, short wait times...

beansis
02-11-2010, 01:00 AM
You know, I really can't tell you because I've only used Google, maybe, a handful of times to look for a file(which I had no luck with a few of those searches). So hopefully someone that has used both extensively can tell you.

But the biggest draw to LL(for me at least) is its ocean of content all hosted on MU. So you rarely find dead links, and you can download just fine as a free user. Plus the site is extremely active. Just try to imagine a Warez-BB that's private and all the content is hosted on MU.

i believe pspiso and few other sites also have "its ocean of content all hosted on MU" in addition to many other filehosts. Main drawback is all the adds/viruses and sluggish behavior. Personally i don't think that ll would have a significant advantage over google because the only time I really have to use rapidshare, depositfiles, and other crap hosts is when im looking for foreign media, or some other obscure stuff. In this case i don't see ll as a solution to my problem

Why? I'd even say Megaupload is better than Rapidshare these days... there are free slots most of the time, good speeds, short wait times...

agreed

MU = best filehost evar

also, doesn't ll have its own little tracker thing going on?

gamesover
02-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Just waiting for more people to apply.

eram
02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
It seems like here on fst most users are only interested in torrent trackers.

Funkin'
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
not really a warez-bb board ... only 300k mu links?

Sure...

anon
02-11-2010, 04:55 PM
MU = best filehost evar

That's Mediafire for me. As a free user, I can get full speed, no wait times, and multiple simultaneous downloads. :happy:

Castronaut
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I love mediafire, but it only ever gives me around ~250kbps download. Still, that's easily cancelled out by the fact that you can get unlimited parallel downloads, 200MB uploads on a free account and a lot of upload space/bandwidth (I have like 11GB uploaded, and 2.5TB bandwidth used). Only for music though.

RS premium for everything else. <3

anon
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I love mediafire, but it only ever gives me around ~250kbps download.

What's your connection speed? When my line is working fine I get over 350kB/s. :unsure:

Castronaut
02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I have a 20m/bit connection so my max download is about 2.3mb/s. It doesn't bother me at all when downloading music though, since it never takes more than five or ten minutes an album.

Violator
02-11-2010, 11:55 PM
How do these 'invite' sites compare to a Private DC++ hub currently sharing 1 Petabyte of Scene media ranging from the present to the past few years?

beansis
02-12-2010, 02:40 AM
MU = best filehost evar

That's Mediafire for me. As a free user, I can get full speed, no wait times, and multiple simultaneous downloads. :happy:

Ya I get all that with mu, and for free i might add :w00t:
2mb/s all day long . . .
its almost like a free usenet, minus the ssl

mediafire is ok, but only really good for mainstream music imo

Castronaut
02-12-2010, 07:41 AM

2mb/s all day long . . .

I pretty active in the indie and underground music blogs and they all use mediafire.

kondrae
02-12-2010, 08:10 AM
How do these 'invite' sites compare to a Private DC++ hub currently sharing 1 Petabyte of Scene media ranging from the present to the past few years?

;-)

I hope your not in Sweden

http://torrentfreak.com/police-skip-millions-of-bittorrent-users-on-evidence-issues-100211/

anon
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Simultaneous MU downloads without paying for Premium? :huh:

gamesover
02-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Bump

beansis
02-13-2010, 01:11 AM

Simultaneous MU downloads without paying for Premium? :huh:

si, seņor

and they can be resumed to if its only stopped for a little

try using Free Download Manager, it makes mu and mediafire pretty amazing . . .:cool:

2mb/s all day long . . .

I pretty active in the indie and underground music blogs and they all use mediafire.

Thats true but mediafire is still seriously lacking content wise compared to mu or rs

google compares pretty well . . .

Violator
02-13-2010, 02:48 AM

;-)

I hope your not in Sweden

http://torrentfreak.com/police-skip-millions-of-bittorrent-users-on-evidence-issues-100211/

Damn :huh:

....a good reason to use Ciphering :dry:

anon
02-13-2010, 04:36 PM
si, seņor

and they can be resumed to if its only stopped for a little

try using Free Download Manager, it makes mu and mediafire pretty amazing . . .:cool:

I'll have a look at that. Simultaneous MU downloads for free sound very good.

gamesover
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
i thought more people would want to be invited to it-leaked, wewantleaks, etc. this is disappointing. two or three people apply for a giveaway. :(

m477h3w
02-14-2010, 02:12 PM
It-leaked is great! Whoever grabs that is pretty lucky ;)

cinephilia
02-14-2010, 05:31 PM
i thought more people would want to be invited to it-leaked, wewantleaks, etc. this is disappointing. two or three people apply for a giveaway. :(
quite the opposite if you ask me - it's rather reassuring to see that people don't apply for anything just because it's meant to be "secret".
come on, you didn't even mention the site names until today... what did you expect?

m477h3w
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
i'll take a wewantleaks for sure.

Violator
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Maybe most folk are hooked up already

Funkin'
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
come on, you didn't even mention the site names until today... what did you expect?

He mentioned wewantleaks in his initial post. So I don't think that's the "secret" forum, unless I'm missing the post he revealed it in.

Anyways, what exactly is wewantleaks? Just another it-leaked?

m477h3w
02-14-2010, 06:39 PM

He mentioned wewantleaks in his initial post. So I don't think that's the "secret" forum, unless I'm missing the post he revealed it in.

yeah pretty much lol from what I hear.

1000possibleclaws
02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Do you have to contribute anything do download from the music ones, or is it download whatever you want whenever you want? Do they have lots of alternative/indie/punk music, that are scene releases, or at least in HQ VBR bitrates? If so I'd love an invite. I'm not saying I won't contribute, but if it is necessary, I might as well stick with my torrent sites I've already broken into.

gamesover
02-14-2010, 09:24 PM

This thread is pretty much about those two music sites anyways. I don't want to reveal the other forum, because its against their rules and invites are harder to get. I'm not going to be inviting a ton of people; i really have to take care of my invite. If someone wants to pm me, take the effort to get to know me a little better, then i might consider them later if i think they will be a good fit.

At wewantleaks and it-leaked invites are easy to get, so i can afford to invite a few applicants from this thread. That's why I went into more details about them, so I wouldn't get anyone who doesn't know what they are applying for. And if someone wants to do a little digging they can easily find more information on them, at this forum or lots of other places on the net.

wewantleaks is similar to it-leaked in some ways. they share members and some releases will be posted to both sites. then again, they both have their unique content. You'll find some gems if you keep checking them.

I don't like using most music trackers, because its impossible to keep a ratio unless you have a large library of albums to rip. wewantleaks and it-leaked are a nice alternative for me.

Do you have to contribute anything do download from the music ones, or is it download whatever you want whenever you want?

You don't have to upload anything or seed back; uploading has its rewards, but it is not mandatory.

Do they have lots of alternative/indie/punk music, that are scene releases,

They have that, some techno, some heavier music, it's pretty varied I'd say. if your an alternative/indie/punk fan you'll find a lot there, its mainly their focus.

or at least in HQ VBR bitrates?

Bitrates can be up and down. But when there's Pedros, that should cover anyone's lossless needs (yes i do like some music trackers).

If so I'd love an invite. I'm not saying I won't contribute, but if it is necessary, I might as well stick with my torrent sites I've already broken into.

PM me. I hope to have some invites soon. I'll pm everyone when they are available.

1000possibleclaws
02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
thanks for the invite (not sure how to 'rep' you, I don't think its possible outside the btt invites forum tbh)

anon
02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
(not sure how to 'rep' you, I don't think its possible outside the btt invites forum tbh)

You can go to any of this posts in the Invite or Trading areas and rep him. :happy:

gamesover
02-16-2010, 04:49 PM
(not sure how to 'rep' you, I don't think its possible outside the btt invites forum tbh)

You can go to any of this posts in the Invite or Trading areas and rep him. :happy:

Except i haven't posted in the Trading section.

anon
02-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Then make that the Invites section only. :)

Funkin'
02-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Yep, thanks for the invite gamesover.

chimpy
07-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Hey gamesover!

Hopefully I’ve not stumbled upon this thread too late. I would have PM’d you in order to strike up a conversation as you suggested in your first post, but unfortunately this forum won’t let me yet so I thought I’d bump this post up a bit (sorry for that). Of course, feel free to PM me! :) I’ve heard really great things about IL and I would dearly love an invite to it. I can assure you that the account would definitely be used a great deal! I’m a big music fan and being from a torrent background (I’m on What/Waffles/DB9/E*/P’s, etc. - PU on E* and What) IL would be a refreshing change of scenery I’m sure. I like to think I’m a solid member of the communities as well. Atm I’m in ~40 channels in Irssi, and spend quite a bit of time on IRC daily. So yeah, I’d be very grateful for IL and anything else tbh :) I hope to hear back from you sometime.