PDA

View Full Version : (req) what.cd or waffles

w00tnot
02-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Just wanna know if there is anyone around with invites for either site. Public trackers seem to be lacking in the lossless department. I can definitely seed and have used private trackers before.

Thanks in advance.

Rart
02-08-2010, 01:55 AM
If you want to get into what.cd you could try the interview here:

http://whatinterviewprep.webs.com/

Although personally unless you're a real audiophile I find public sites/demonoid/torrents.ru to be plenty for my music needs.

Castronaut
02-08-2010, 01:28 PM
What kind of music are you interested in? Do you have a last.fm account? also show us your collection of lossless music so far. :)

anon
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
With 7 posts I think you're better off at trying the What.cd interview first.

AdrianPhoto
02-08-2010, 06:32 PM
What interview is the best thing you can do right now, pretty nice guys and they want to help you if you're genuine.

ElitUser
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
@Rart
Some country are ban in their IRC interview section
Maybe those new user from that country need an Invite to join in what.cd
Do you have any idea about it

AdrianPhoto
02-09-2010, 06:21 AM
If someone is banned from the IRC, I would never risk inviting them

anon
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
It's not that they have been banned from IRC, but their countries. You can still invite them without any consequences - unless they've had an account in the past, of course.

ElitUser
02-09-2010, 06:24 PM
@anon-sbi
I have an another qustion. I know this is off topic but like to know.
In the SCC some countrys are ban and if a person from that country want to join in their site then is it possible to useing a invite for signup or cant use the invite.

anon
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
In the SCC some countrys are ban and if a person from that country want to join in their site then is it possible to useing a invite for signup or cant use the invite.

A friend from a banned country couldn't use the invite without a proxy. I think it's OK to use your real IP afterwards, but don't quote me on this.

oriyellow
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
i think what.cd lost there marbels.(i will send them a note about this). in the "preparing for an interview" thay say you should prepare for it like a job interview.....well its really not. people need to lighten up. its not a nuclear reactor its just a bitorrent tracker of music which people use to download and make themself happy. if there are schemers thay should be banned and thats all. no other people should be banned beacouse some people from there country where stupid or idiots. we just want to hear good music. thats all.
(yes my country - israel - is banned and im not going to use proxy. i just want to download music, thats all, if someone dont like me i will not force myself on him.)

Castronaut
02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
i think what.cd lost there marbels.(i will send them a note about this). in the "preparing for an interview" thay say you should prepare for it like a job interview.....well its really not. people need to lighten up. its not a nuclear reactor its just a bitorrent tracker of music which people use to download and make themself happy. if there are schemers thay should be banned and thats all. no other people should be banned beacouse some people from there country where stupid or idiots. we just want to hear good music. thats all.
(yes my country - israel - is banned and im not going to use proxy. i just want to download music, thats all, if someone dont like me i will not force myself on him.)

The interview ensures only those who have something to offer to the tracker are allowed in. Considering the vast amount of content on what.cd, it is remarkably organised. Especially in terms of uploading good releases and rips.

w00tnot
02-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I've been using public torrents to download FLAC, and I have found almost everything I need.

Seeing some comments, it seems as if it's serious business, too serious in my opinion.

It's music, not rocket science. I wasn't planning on uploading since I doubt I have any exceptionally rare albums around. I would just help seed.

Still, I'll postpone that idea. I can use that interview site whenever, so that's good.

Thanks for the replies.

Tv Controls you
02-12-2010, 04:04 AM
I've been using public torrents to download FLAC, and I have found almost everything I need.

Seeing some comments, it seems as if it's serious business, too serious in my opinion.

It's music, not rocket science. I wasn't planning on uploading since I doubt I have any exceptionally rare albums around. I would just help seed.

Still, I'll postpone that idea. I can use that interview site whenever, so that's good.

Thanks for the replies.

Most Public Rips are usually not riped properly.

Yes they may be flac, but you may be getting the quality of an mp3 or maybe even lower!
Waffles.fm and what.cd make sure that uploads are quality files and are as listed.

superman1496
02-12-2010, 04:13 AM
what.cd takes themselves way too seriously. I prefer waffles, which IMO is run more like oink than what.cd.

Tv Controls you
02-12-2010, 04:45 AM
what.cd takes themselves way too seriously. I prefer waffles, which IMO is run more like oink than what.cd.

Well put. Feel free to use my userbar for waffles.fm :happy:. and you too oriyellow

w00tnot
02-13-2010, 04:01 AM
"Most Public Rips are usually not riped properly."

Most rips i downloaded usually come with a text saying how it was ripped, so I would assume the uploader knew what he was doing. But some don't, so you never know.

Anyway, is waffles more "accessible" in that aspect? If so, I would love a chance to get in.

Thanks for the rest of the replies :)

Tv Controls you
02-13-2010, 04:13 AM
"Most Public Rips are usually not riped properly."

Most rips i downloaded usually come with a text saying how it was ripped, so I would assume the uploader knew what he was doing. But some don't, so you never know.

Anyway, is waffles more "accessible" in that aspect? If so, I would love a chance to get in.

Thanks for the rest of the replies :)

I would actually say waffles is harder to get into, but I think if you put together a nice request you could get an invite.

Waffles has something called waffle iron approved torrents. They are flac's that are proven to be 99.9% or higher in consistency.

Post a request with around 2 ratio proofs, and have a little description of why you would like to join.