PDA

View Full Version : Tv Tuner

kazaaliterock
10-18-2003, 06:39 PM
i am i need of sometin to let me eb able to watch vhs on my computer. i heard that a tv tuner not only let u watch tv on ur comp. but also let u use external video source as well, mainly vcr. is this truE? so if i get a tv tuner and hook up my vcr to it can i watch my vhs on my monitor?

TheFilePirater
10-18-2003, 07:41 PM
yes its tru that TV tuners can let u watch tv on ur pc and VHS on ur pc..
i bought a ATI Wonder VE and it works nice, use to to transfer certain VHS to divx and so forth...(also to ripp tv shows, mostly stand-up), get on ebay or were everwere and im sure u will find one that u like...btw, VHS-to-DivX doenst look so great b/c vhs is never good copy

p.s. if u plan to copy movies from vhs or tv, make sure u got a big hdd, especailly if u want high-qaulity

Wolfmight
10-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@18 October 2003 - 13:41
yes its tru that TV tuners can let u watch tv on ur pc and VHS on ur pc..
i bought a ATI Wonder VE and it works nice, use to to transfer certain VHS to divx and so forth...(also to ripp tv shows, mostly stand-up), get on ebay or were everwere and im sure u will find one that u like...btw, VHS-to-DivX doenst look so great b/c vhs is never good copy

p.s. if u plan to copy movies from vhs or tv, make sure u got a big hdd, especailly if u want high-qaulity
mine dont work no more.. damn direct x 9b or something.. I dunno