PDA

View Full Version : Any open 0-day trackers you would recommend?

pinuk
02-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I recently joined the world of private trackers (after many years away) and am wondering if there are any good general 0-day trackers out there people would recommend?

I have signed up with a few from the listing at http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/. However, it seems the vast majority are invite only and that those that are open are quite often not very good.

I have accounts with TorrentDay, TorrentBits, TorrentBytes & Speed.cd.

anon
02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I have accounts with TorrentDay, TorrentBits, TorrentBytes & Speed.cd.

Forget about TD, let your account there die.

Apart from the ones you mentioned, I'd recommend BitSoup (they open from time to time) and DIDIDave (you can't use free e-mail addresses to register, but they don't block them all ;)).

pinuk
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Forget about TD, let your account there die.

I plan to. Have been contributing the thread about them doubling the number of members, seeders & leachers. I signed up for TD before I knew this as it was one of the few sites accepting open signups.

Apart from the ones you mentioned, I'd recommend BitSoup (they open from time to time) and DIDIDave (you can't use free e-mail addresses to register, but they don't block them all ;)).

It turns out BitSoup is open (i'm sure it wasn't a couple of weeks ago when I last looked) so i have signed up - thanks for that!

As for DIDIDave, I have an account which I haven't used for a long time which still works - suprisingly. Didn't realise they had opened signups again. They have been around for years but you don't hear much about them.

snagit
02-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Mmm...I guess you could try TopBytes. :)

Signup here while you can: http://topbytes.net/signup.php

Zac090
02-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Just get into IPTorrents,its got loads of stuff. :)

pinuk
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Zac090 - the point is I can't join IPT. It's closed to new signups, I don't know anyone with an invite and I don't fancy donating $20.

This is my point really, suggesting Demonoid/IPT/RevTT/TL/SceneAccess to a user like me doesn't help as we can't get in. However, if any of you know of any decent open sites where a new user can start to build up some history let me know!

Funkin'
02-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Check out Torrentbytes:

http://www.torrentbytes.net/signup.php

In my opinion it's the best of the open signup general trackers. The site gets new releases in a pretty timely manner, it's easy to seed, packs are free(the best thing about the site, so you can use these to get yourself a little comfortable buffer), the layout is nice, and the forums are active. It's just an all around good site.

So for now check out Torrentbytes, then later when you're able to post in the request section of the site get into IPT(for its unbelievable content, extremely nice staff, and very active forums).

theGeek
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Regularly check these sites: http://www.btracs.com/ and http://opentrackers.net/

And also this thread: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-sites-open-for-signup-298326

Right now pisexy, topbytes, torrentbits.ro, ilovetorrents and torrentsforall are open for sign up.

Shlesers
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
You could try to a make request for IPT. I'm sure here are bunch of ppl's who have invites and torrentbytes + IPT should be enough. :]

pinuk
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Check out Torrentbytes:http://www.torrentbytes.net/signup.php

I signed up with TorrentBytes a week or so ago. It does seem to be the best overall tracker I have found so far.

Mmm...I guess you could try TopBytes. :)
Signup here while you can: http://topbytes.net/signup.php

I signed up and this seems quite a small site. Most files have been snatched less than 10 times and only have a few seeders.

Right now pisexy, topbytes, torrentbits.ro, ilovetorrents and torrentsforall are open for sign up.

I have a torrentbits.ro account. It seems pretty good except the site does not seem to be fully working at the moment. Anyone got any opinions on the others?

anon
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Zac090 - the point is I can't join IPT. It's closed to new signups, I don't know anyone with an invite and I don't fancy donating $20.

Once you get access to the "BitTorrent Invite Giveaways" section, you could apply for an IPT GA (they're easy to find) or post a request. :)

I have a torrentbits.ro account. It seems pretty good except the site does not seem to be fully working at the moment. Anyone got any opinions on the others?

TB.ro is working on that at the moment, they "upgraded" to v4 recently. Regarding the others, I can speak well of ILT.

Il_Professore
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Check out Torrentbytes:

http://www.torrentbytes.net/signup.php

In my opinion it's the best of the open signup general trackers. The site gets new releases in a pretty timely manner, it's easy to seed, packs are free(the best thing about the site, so you can use these to get yourself a little comfortable buffer), the layout is nice, and the forums are active. It's just an all around good site.

So for now check out Torrentbytes, then later when you're able to post in the request section of the site get into IPT(for its unbelievable content, extremely nice staff, and very active forums).

+1
Awesome tracker,lot of leechers/seeders and easy to seed with home connection.

Funkin'
02-10-2010, 03:50 AM
I signed up with TorrentBytes a week or so ago. It does seem to be the best overall tracker I have found so far.

Oops, you even mentioned that in your first post. Totally glanced over it. My bad. :P

anonymous0711
02-10-2010, 06:42 AM
i saw demonoid having open signups a couple days ago i believe idk if its still going on though you should check it out

theGeek
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Pisexy is rather small compared to torrentbits.ro and torrentbytes. Buts its an excellent little community, afaik they specialized in dvds and stuff. Torrentbits is very fast (web and torrent both) tho the site is not fully functional.

pinuk
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Once you get access to the "BitTorrent Invite Giveaways" section, you could apply for an IPT GA (they're easy to find) or post a request. :)

TB.ro is working on that at the moment, they "upgraded" to v4 recently. Regarding the others, I can speak well of ILT.

It is likely that I will try and apply for an IPT GA at some point in the future. However, in the meantime it is pleasing to see there are still some worthwhile sites still accepting new accounts.

I signed up for ILT as mh09 suggested and you recommended. It seems to be a good site. One worth spending a bit of time with!

i saw demonoid having open signups a couple days ago i believe idk if its still going on though you should check it out

No, its closed now. It only seemed to stay open for a very short time.

cinephilia
02-10-2010, 02:38 PM
sorry but according to your small list, you don't need any more 0day trackers.

anon
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
No, its closed now. It only seemed to stay open for a very short time.

You can download torrents without an account anyway.

pinuk
02-10-2010, 07:58 PM
sorry but according to your small list, you don't need any more 0day trackers.

I agree, between the sites listed in my inital post and some of the suggestions made in this thread, I do indeed have enough trackers to meet my needs. However, i feel it is worth discussing the alternatives available for all the newcomers out there who are looking for a place to call their own.

pinuk
02-10-2010, 07:59 PM
You can download torrents without an account anyway.
Everything I want to download requires me to subscribe, typical - lol.

Quarterquack
02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't see why people are being overly conservative. Shoot me a pm if you want a demonoid invite. :) Don't even mention it, least I can do for someone getting started.

anon
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
He can't PM yet :)

anonymous0711
02-11-2010, 07:25 AM
hey i've got an IPT invite i could give you but since i cant PM or anything cuz im a noob just like you idk how to make it work... that is if you are interested

Zac090
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
As for alternatives,I would say quit Torrentday and Speed
Why?
For Torrentday,read this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-torrentday-fakes-stats-and-members-be-aware-of-this-site-389435)
Speed.cd because it fakes axxo releases(thats what most people say :dabs: )

Go for Lasttorrents,Torrentbytes and Bitsoup.You dont need back ups if you have these three

anon
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Zac090, that's the case with Speed.cd. Compare the encoder used for their "aXXo" releases against the real thing. Also check the real person's "favorite queue" in his Demonoid profile.

pinuk
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't get this thread - I cant see any responses since I posted yesterday and yet it keeps showing as having new posts... very wierd!

anon
02-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Yes, the board is kind of broken at the moment. I can only see new posts in this thread by clicking "new reply" and scrolling down. :pinch:

pinuk
02-11-2010, 04:59 PM
As soon as I posted a new topic regarding my problems it sorted itself. Wierd. Gremlins in the system methinks...

anon
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, I can see the new posts fine now, too. :huh:

pinuk
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Must have something to do with my double post yesterday, it didn't get merged together as it usually does and the thread has been playing up ever since for me until I posted that new thread.

pinuk
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't see why people are being overly conservative. Shoot me a pm if you want a demonoid invite. :) Don't even mention it, least I can do for someone getting started.

hey i've got an IPT invite i could give you but since i cant PM or anything cuz im a noob just like you idk how to make it work... that is if you are interested

Thank you both for your very kind offers but I can't PM yet so that puts pay to that! Seriously, though it was nice of you both.

I have no idea how you get the ability to PM, I read the FAQ but it just says it has to be granted by an administrator. I guess you are given it after being on here for a period of time, anyone able to shed further light on this?

As for alternatives,I would say quit Torrentday and Speed <snip>
Go for Lasttorrents,Torrentbytes and Bitsoup.You dont need back ups if you have these three

I agree with your comments. I have given up with TD & Speed.CD.

I will therefore be sticking with Bitsoup, Torrentbytes & IloveTorrents. These are the best of all the trackers I have tried over the last couple of weeks and I am sure they will be enough to keep me busy!

I was also impressed by TorrentBits.ro & Lasttorrents which are both worth a try. However, TB.ro's website is still under development (no forum) & Lasttorrents requires you to upload 25gb before you can access torrents posted in the last 10 days. So they fell slightly short in my eyes.

theGeek
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Actually ditched LT because of the wait time. Haha. But that security policy is in place because of h&r's.

Bitsoup is one of my favorite trackers it's very fast though not gazelle-based, i max up my speed (which isnt much :D), pretimes is decent and the people there are cool and friendly. I'm sure those trackers you have will really supply all the stuff you need.

pinuk
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Actually ditched LT because of the wait time. Haha. But that security policy is in place because of h&r's.

I understand their reasons and and have no problem with them doing this. However, there were enough suitable alternatives for me not to have to spend my time uploading 25gb to get access to recent torrents. They are worth a mention though - its a good site.

anon
02-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I have no idea how you get the ability to PM, I read the FAQ but it just says it has to be granted by an administrator. I guess you are given it after being on here for a period of time, anyone able to shed further light on this?

After your account is 15 days old and has 20 useful posts you'll be able to PM and access the invite areas. :)

pinuk
02-12-2010, 06:42 PM
After your account is 15 days old and has 20 useful posts you'll be able to PM and access the invite areas. :)

Thanks!

kalle66
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM
i recomend TL one of my fav sites

anon
02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
TL isn't open for signups ;)

1000possibleclaws
02-18-2010, 06:30 PM
@OP, when you get PM priviledges in a month after signup here, pm me and I'll invite you to Demonoid, which is a must-have for any torrent user. I'll also send you an invite to TTi if you still need general 0day, because it's a pretty good one, and has nice design to boot.

pinuk
02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
TrueSounds - thanks I might take you up on your offer one day!

BitSoup & TorrentBits.ro are now closed for signups, so thats two off the list for the moment...

anon
02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
They open every now and them, BitSoup doing it more often than TB.ro. Check their signup page every day for a week and you should eventually find them open.

sake
02-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Also you could try:

Nordic-T
ArenaBG

Lotte
02-22-2010, 11:14 PM
An excellent new 0-day tracker is Scenepalace (the .org one)

It's open for signup for a short time

davegri
02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
i would recommend TorrentDay, the torrents always have a massive amount of seeders compared to leechers, the upload scene releases super fast.. i nearly always maximize my connection on it.. like 1 MB/s

anon
02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
You have to divide the amount of seeders the site claims to have by two to get the real figure. :P

davegri
02-23-2010, 07:52 PM
You have to divide the amount of seeders the site claims to have by two to get the real figure. :P

whatever i don't really give a Sh*t what they claim to have..
i know that i download super fast.. plus most torrents are uploaded with a seedbox which is nice..

merwais
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
anon-sbi, their speed is super fast. it doesn't matter if there is 1 seeder or 1000 seeder. main point if getting fast download speed.

there are 1000k seeder and 500k leecher on Thepiratebay torrents, it makes no sense if there are no speed !

All Torrentday torrents are seeded from 3-4 seedboxes, all their latest torrents !
I have downloaded their latest torrents, seeders and leechers are matching my utorrent client, so i don't know what you are talking about.

anon-sbi, try to be positive sometimes and stop making bad torrent clients and teaching others to cheat on torrent sites ! ;)

Try to encourge them to share back and seed to keep torrent sites alive.
If everyone start cheating like you on all torrent sites using different cheat mods from your other forums which you provide and guide people, all torrent sites will die !

When you are downloading something, seed back the damn thing even if you are downloading it From TPB !

I recommend Torrentday and bitsoup, they both are great trackers and open for sign up. good luck mates

Burnsy
02-23-2010, 08:24 PM
anon-sbi, their speed is super fast. it doesn't matter if there is 1 seeder or 1000 seeder. main point if getting fast download speed.

there are 1000k seeder and 500k leecher on Thepiratebay torrents, it makes no sense if there are no speed !

All Torrentday torrents are seeded from 3-4 seedboxes, all their latest torrents !
I have downloaded their latest torrents, seeders and leechers are matching my utorrent client, so i don't know what you are talking about.

anon-sbi, try to be positive sometimes and stop making bad torrent clients and teaching others to cheat on torrent sites ! ;)

If everyone start cheating like you on all torrent sites using different cheat mods from your other forums which you provide and guide people, all torrent sites will die !

When you are downloading something, seed back the damn thing even if you are downloading it From TPB !

I recommend Torrentday and bitsoup, they both are great trackers and open for sign up. good luck mates

WTF does this little rant have to do with anon giving his opinion on TD??

I happen to agree with him also in that it's pretty crap... It doesn't have superfast speeds at all... you can max out a 1MB/s connection on a public tracker, I can't max out my seedbox on there like I can with quite a few other private trackers...

You wouldn't happen to be staff on there would you?

I wouldn't recommend it at all, and if you and davegri had bothered to read the first couple of pages on this thread you'd have seen the OP signed up to it and decided not to bother anymore... just like thousands of others (or would that be hundreds of others depending on what the 'look good' multiple is incorporated into their figures)

davegri
02-23-2010, 08:29 PM
just asked torrentday if they were faking and got ip banned (: lol

Burnsy
02-23-2010, 08:32 PM

And the fact you signed up today, and have used 3 of your 4 posts 'advertising' TD tells me what? :lol:

Now you claim to have been IP banned on TD for asking about their fake figures? Very convenient... in fact, lucky you :P

davegri
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM

And the fact you signed up today, and have used 3 of your 4 posts 'advertising' TD tells me what? :lol:

Now you claim to have been IP banned on TD for asking about their fake figures? Very convenient... in fact, lucky you :P

not sure what your getting at? :unsure:
did i do something wrong?

merwais
02-23-2010, 08:54 PM
davegri, sometimes it's better not to listen to some fools ;) that will keep you out of troubles/problems ;)

always remember this: be wise other wise you wont rise. respect a fool to avoid noise!

davegri
02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
hey listen guys.. where do you start with private trackers?
like do you have to know a friends that gives you a invite to some tracker? or wait for them to open? or are there other ways to obtain invites?

Burnsy
02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
davegri, sometimes it's better not to listen to some fools ;) that will keep you out of troubles/problems ;)

always remember this: be wise other wise you wont rise. respect a fool to avoid noise!

Irony

anon
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM

I didn't get these super-fast speeds you're talking about... that number below "Download speed" never rose to a two-digit one, as a matter of fact.

Well, they effectively don't, or at least didn't as of my last check. iLOVENZB posted a nice screenshot proving it.

You're a bit late to the party :P

My other forums? I only have one. :unsure:

You won't find any torrent from TPB in my client with a ratio below 3.0 :)

davegri, sometimes it's better not to listen to some fools ;)

For example merwais.

A lot of good ones do open. Monitor the open signups thread here. Also read blogs like FILEnetworks or FSF regularly to stay up-to-date, sometimes trackers that aren't normally open for signups do so, or give invites via IRC.

saradayo
02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
i recommended ipt,Tb,Bitsoup -> tl,revtt

i thinks as ttl best of best scene tracker..

Zac090
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
like do you have to know a friends that gives you a invite to some tracker? or wait for them to open? or are there other ways to obtain invites?

Check this thread regularly,you ll be on your way
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-sites-open-for-signup-298326/page187

pinuk
02-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't recommend it at all, and if you and davegri had bothered to read the first couple of pages on this thread you'd have seen the OP signed up to it and decided not to bother anymore... just like thousands of others (or would that be hundreds of others depending on what the 'look good' multiple is incorporated into their figures)

Yes, I did indeed try TorrentDay and soon realised that there were better alternatives which were still open for signup thanks to this thread. I also confirmed (in the recent TorrentDay thread) that their site was showing double the number of seeders/leachers than my client was reporting when I joined the swarm.

I do chuckle that no matter how hard you try you can't find a single torrent anywhere on TorrentDay's site that has an odd number of seeders/leachers haha!

Tokeman
02-25-2010, 09:41 PM

I got into TL by checking the site everyday and clicking on Signup. Only took a year :P

Glitterstep
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
TorrentVault is a very good 0day tracker.

shadowkahn
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
if you get a iptorrent invite which is easy is the best all round tracker

ddt
04-25-2010, 12:21 PM

I agree ;)

Di@monds
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM
TorrentVault was a very good 0day tracker.
Fixed

sgerd
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
IPT is good. packs are free :D

iLOVENZB
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM

Not open, community is great though.

http://thepiratebay.org/browse/300

anon
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Fixed

I could swear I asked Di@monds to explain himself when he wrote that. What happened to my post? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Fixed

I could swear I asked Di@monds to explain himself when he wrote that. What happened to my post? :unsure:

You did ,I remember reading it. I think if someone is going to nominte themselves to clean up all the off-topic posts here then all the ones not directly addressing the title and instead giving closed trackers as suggestions should then probably go to forum heaven as well.