PDA

View Full Version : Darker And The Forum

hobbes
10-19-2003, 01:15 AM
Again, we must give appreciation for what we take for granted.

This forum has been rock solid since he took over. If something were to derail the forum, complaints would be rampant. That is why I just wanted to thank him again and remind us all that seamless forum function is not a right, but a priviledge.

3rd gen noob
10-19-2003, 01:24 AM
couldn't have said it better myself

thanks again Darker

:beerchug:

pol
10-19-2003, 01:24 AM
If something were to derail the forum, complaints would be rampant

agreed, cheers again Darker and good to see you on the board as often as you are :beerchug:

Razz
10-19-2003, 01:30 AM
well being an individual who remembers the old dare is say (this word may incite a war in the lounge) **whispers....trx** hosts who seemed to be nice and error free most of the time (but nowhere near as many members) until the day well u all know what happened on that dreadful January day - this was the day that #klchat became a refuge for all and a resting place for the brave spam warriors intent on bringing the evil TRX to their knees,

then we had Jon, he started out great but we had error after error and as far as i have heard the board has been down alot in my absence

now we have you Darker and i have heard that there has been few if any errors with you around and the board is running better than ever

well we salute you Darker and hope that you keep up that good thing

oh just one thing however....y does the banner keep asking me if i want nude male models... i mean not that i dont its just looking at some of those pictures does tend to make one fell rather well inadequate :lol:

kAb
10-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah, great job darker.

But again, lets not forget Jon who supported this forum in the early days when there was less traffic.

MagicNakor
10-19-2003, 01:56 AM
Actually, I slept through the whole TRX thing.

It was a better use of my time. ;)

Although one should be grateful for all the hosters this board has ever had. Without one, we'd not be here.

:ninja:

uNz[i]
10-19-2003, 02:18 AM
I remember the TRX thing... although I was only watching from the sidelines as a guest at the time.

Thankyou Darker... you're doing a top job. B)

NikkiD
10-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Did someone say TRX????

http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/kaboom.gif

TY Darker. You're doing a wonderful job. :)

Razz
10-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@19 October 2003 - 05:15
Did someone say TRX????

http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/kaboom.gif

TY Darker. You're doing a wonderful job. :)
sorry Nikki i wont say that word ever again from now one their code word will be CompleteAndUtterAssHoles

is that acceptable to u?

thewizeard
10-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Being a car driver, when I am a passenger, I always have the feeling that when I see danger ahead, the need to brake or accelerate or whatever, even my feet reflect that feeling! With Darker in control of the car, (the board) it's a relaxing feeling, one just knows we will arrive safely at the destination!

DarthInsinuate
10-19-2003, 10:18 AM
:) yeah Darker's done a good job so far, i salute him

also can i have a (quick) board history lesson? - whats TRX?

RGX
10-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Boards been fantastic, very fast and reliable, great job Darker, this thread is in apprecation of your work :beerchug:

oldmancan
10-20-2003, 06:48 PM
@Hobbes, thanks for bringing this up. The things I miss while away. I did a little search on the topioc. All I want to say is Darker is Better.

Thanks for everything Darker!!

:beerchug: omc

edit grammar, grampa you there too?

4play
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM

previous hosters of the board.

banned paul and vb and called the board their own.

fun was had showing them that they did not own the board it was paul and vb's :lol:

i think there downfall was making funky capricorn a mod :blink:

hobbes
10-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 4play@20 October 2003 - 20:11

fun was had showing them that they did not own the board it was paul and vb's :lol:

Truth is stranger than fiction, for sure.

djweiser
10-20-2003, 07:58 PM
yes, darker is a very good host for this board.

DarthInsinuate
10-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 4play@20 October 2003 - 19:11

:( damn i missed all the fun - hey, Darker ban Paul and VB for awhile

TheMusicMan
10-20-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback and umm odd stories hehe.

Like I said before its a great XP to host this board cause it's nice to see what kind of problems can happen with "huge boards". Normally you don't have the chance to learn much about such problems since most forums don't generate much load etc :)

It's fun :)

MetroStars
10-20-2003, 11:01 PM
yep top job darker is doing...

bigboab
10-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Yes well done Darker. But could you do me a favour, could you keep this thread at the bottom of the page? The unction is running into the other threads. :lol: