PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the opening ceremony of 2010 Winter olympic?

ggsir
02-13-2010, 10:00 PM
It was broadcasting yesterday...I am from Vancouver, but couldnt get a ticket to watch it @ the venue...:(

IdolEyes787
02-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Glad someone gave a forum for my little rant.There could not have been a worse choice for the person to light the flame than Wayne Gretzky .

1. He hasn't found the need to live in Canada for over twenty years ( kind of like the Honorable leader of the opposition before he ran )
2. What the fuck does Gretzky, being the most mercenary of athletes, have to do with the Olympic ideals of amateurism ?
Add Steve Nash to the mix and the idiots in charge really make a fucking stupid statement.

Clearly should have been Betty or Darrell Fox. Or if you want to make a statement Chantal Petitclerc.

Also does every Canadian event have to center around Aboriginals ? "Oh an international event lets trot out the Indians "
The First Nations are not a good representation of Canada - never-mind they don't even consider themselves to be part of the country.

And don't even get me started on Clara Hughes .I happen to actually know Clara Hughes and like previous ass-kissers Mark Tewksbury and Marnie McBean and their media generated images, besides inherent physical prowess she gets little respect from me.

peat moss
02-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Gretzky looked scared in the back of that " pick up " truck riding off to light the Olympic cauldron . Should of had a 6 pack with him , take the edge off .

The whole Olympic experience in Vancouver has been a bad dream for the locals , Militant protesters , bad weather , a death of a young athlete and union strikes popping up like weeds at every opportunity , Yikes those management fucks should of settled months ago .

I'm trying to enjoy the games and the best the great athletes bring but what a chore . I see now the British press has cut us to the bone after only 4 days ... Heh can't wait till 2014 and see how they improve the experience .

I agree with you Idol about the " First Nations " angle , what are they 3 % of the population ? But of the course the French Canadiens thought that there should of been more french spoken during the opening as well . You can't win with the politics and I always thought that sports should transcend all .

Oh well I'll wait with baited breath for our Own the Podium crass talk .

Go Canada's hockey teams . Gold, silver or bronze . I don't mind . Christ we can't even beat the hell out of someone 18-0 with out the Brits calling in to question our fair play . What do you do eh ?

senegal
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Go Senegal hockey team!!!

Man's Super G started right now!