PDA

View Full Version : YouTube HD Transfer

SonsOfLiberty
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
YouTube HD Transfer is a small freeware utility that allows you to download videos from YouTube in various formats
and qualities to your local hard drive, like low/high quality FLV, High Definition MP4 (720p) and even
Full High Definition MP4 (1080p).

Simply paste the YouTube url from your browser into YouTube HD Transfer and click the "Load" button or press the
'Enter' key on your keyboard, to retrieve the corresponding data and available download links from YouTube.

You can load related videos by clicking on their picture.

Select the video quality you want to download and click the "Download" button, that's it.

YouTube HD Transfer is just like it sound, want those HD 720p and 1080p videos instead of steaming them? This thing is bad ass....since I got my new TV and I find some good stuff I just download them pop them onto my flash drive/ps3 media server/360, no converting and play right off the bat...

A little small free ware app, I've attached it to the board, enjoy!

1. Make sure you have at least Internet Explorer version 7 installed or YouTube HD Transfer might not work.

2. The video won't be saved while downloading, only when the download has fully finished.

3. Resuming a download is not possible. If you stop the download and start it again, then the download will start
from the beginning.

4. If certain video formats/qualities are not enabled after loading a YouTube video url, then it means that they
are not available. It's only possible to download videos in High Definition if the videos were uploaded that way.

5. Downloading lower quality videos generally goes a bit slower than downloading the High Definition versions.
This is a limitation set on the YouTube servers, not of YouTube HD Transfer.
You can start muliple instances of YouTube HD Transfer if you want to download multiple videos at once.

6. If you have set the language property on the YouTube website to something other than English (UK) or English (US),
then no related videos will be loaded.

http://f.imagehost.org/0052/Youtube_HD_1.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0801/Youtube_HD_2.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0105/YouTube_HD.jpg

mr. nails
02-16-2010, 02:48 AM
nice find. although i doubt i have any use for it. if i download any video from youtube it usually just goes into my winavi prog to convert to psp mp4 format so i can view w/e on my psp.

Vdownloader (http://www.brothersoft.com/vdownloader-62293.html): downloads videos from youtube, google, myspace and more.

thx 4 the link though. saved.

phauk
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM
very nice :) thanks for sharing - will deffo grab this.

Detale
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Great find bud. I have been trying a bunch of the apps for this and none have worked well at all. My kids love Disney pixar cars and they have all these shorts on youtube that aren't available anywhere else and this will make things a whole lot better, Thanks again.

SonsOfLiberty
02-16-2010, 08:59 PM
nice find. although i doubt i have any use for it. if i download any video from youtube it usually just goes into my winavi prog to convert to psp mp4 format so i can view w/e on my psp.

Vdownloader (http://www.brothersoft.com/vdownloader-62293.html): downloads videos from youtube, google, myspace and more.

thx 4 the link though. saved.

The YouTube HD content is already MP4, just plug into my PS3 and plays, sure the same for PSP.

Rart
02-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Very nice! A lot better than installing piles of crap plugins into firefox that constantly break with new updates...

gamesover
02-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Very nice! A lot better than installing piles of crap plugins into firefox that constantly break with new updates...

I hate those firefox plugins. I cant find a reliable one, they always get the low quality videos when im trying to the get the high quality ones.

This program will become my favorite program if it works. Youtube is such an addiction. Its one of my most visited sites, after FST of course :D

It's not letting me download the zip :( guess ill have to google it

anon
02-17-2010, 12:36 AM
I hate those firefox plugins. I cant find a reliable one, they always get the low quality videos when im trying to the get the high quality ones.

I used to use Tubeg.com for downloading YouTube videos, until it stopped working, at least for me. Nowadays, in the rare occasions I want to keep a video, I just copy it from Opera's cache.

SonsOfLiberty
02-17-2010, 02:24 AM

This program will become my favorite program if it works. Youtube is such an addiction. Its one of my most visited sites, after FST of course :D

It's not letting me download the zip :( guess ill have to google it

Sorry forgot to add the authors homepage:

http://members.home.nl/wantos/youtube_hd_transfer/

New Version out: YouTube HD Transfer v1.0.327

Oh, every video I grab, if it's got more than one, it let you select which version you want, since I don't have 1080, just 720, I always get them, like HQ Game trailers I just download and slap on a flash card and watch on the big TV...works like a charm....I can download faster than I can stream it actually for some odd reason.

Vero
02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Wow thanks a lot, very useful. I can use this for PV music.

SonsOfLiberty
02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
:lol: I could not view the second page of this, had to make a post....weird.

Rart
02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Yea it's happened a lot recently that I couldn't see the most recent post I made. I think it normally happens when a post would go to the next page.

I generally just double post, and it automerges my two posts and the board fixes itself. Then again that doesn't work if you weren't the last poster, but you can delete the post after fixing the thread.

lee551
02-19-2010, 07:31 PM
A very similar program I've grown to love is YouTube Downloader HD (http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/), but this one looks a bit more advanced with the built-in search and related videos display. I'll have to look into it, thanks.

As far as Firefox extensions go, DownloadHelper (http://www.downloadhelper.net/) is the best I've ever found. It'll pick up pretty much any video on any site and for ones like YouTube it'll show you all the different quality versions.

durrigible
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
how tip-top is the quality of the rips this program does? I can't imagine it working the same on all system configurations. is it as simple as initiating a download in one click?

SonsOfLiberty
02-25-2010, 07:46 PM
how tip-top is the quality of the rips this program does? I can't imagine it working the same on all system configurations. is it as simple as initiating a download in one click?

Yes, there already stored on YouTube in that format.

iLOVENZB
04-15-2010, 07:32 AM
I really like these two sites:

KeepVid
Vixy

KeepVid also allows you to select which res you want to download, I've downloaded some 720p trailers off YouTube from it.

mr. nails
07-06-2010, 11:29 PM
this program is no longer supported and i can't get the version that's supplied to work.

anyway, does any1 have a prog that can bypass the UMG protection that youtubes got going now?

eddywong
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
It is a simple software to save youtube video, thanks for share.

Cabalo
07-07-2010, 12:55 PM
this program is no longer supported and i can't get the version that's supplied to work.

anyway, does any1 have a prog that can bypass the UMG protection that youtubes got going now?
I'm using Replay Media Catcher and it's catching everything, even from sites I didn't even know they existed.
Look for it at places like warez-bb or projectw, I'm pretty sure I found my working copy there.

anon
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
very useful

Just noticed this user has 1300+ posts and 100+ rep points, yet he belongs to the "n00b" user class. :blink:

As for me, I recently began using "YouTube Downloader HD" to download YT videos, since cache grabbing didn't cut it. Does the job for me.

mr. nails
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
YouTube Downloader HD

worked great. thx!

IceStorm
07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi, I'm the author of YouTube HD Transfer. I quit developing the program, because YouTube keeps changing the website every few days. YouTube HD Transfer retrieves the information from the source code of the webpage. When information (title, author, published date, duration, rating, images, etc) is not found where it's expected, then an error message is shown. Because YouTube keeps changing the website so often, YouTube HD Transfer keeps showing error messages, which makes it look like the program is very buggy.

I already changed the program (not finshed though), so it doesn't retrieve and show all the extra information, which is the main cause for all the error messages, but only retrieves the download links to the videos, which almost never changes.

The only problem is that YouTube HD Transfer tuns into a normal/standard YouTube downloader, like all the other ones out there, without anything extra to differentiate itself.

PerMaFrOsT
07-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Doesn´t work in Windows 7 x64 :huh:

IceStorm
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
The latest version 1.0.469 is tested on Windows XP SP3, Vista 32/64 and Se7en 32/64.

The version here on the first page (1.0.132) was only tested on Windows XP SP3 and will crash now on every system when loading a YouTube video url, so don't use that one anymore.

zomerozs
07-14-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks alot

IceStorm
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
A new version is available: 1.0.551

RasToRizE
08-08-2010, 11:46 AM
awesome! works.. thanks!

vthl
08-13-2010, 06:32 PM
thanks for that great to know about such progs

EchoAlpha
08-18-2010, 01:57 AM
You could just as easy use Youtube HD Suite in Greasemonkey, no need to install new stuff

jackywky
08-23-2010, 09:20 PM
very nice, thanks for sharing.

IceStorm
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
A new version of YouTube HD Transfer is available: v1.0.578

No suggestions were shown in the sidebar anymore, because YouTube made a small change to the website. And a few things on the Search tab have been modified.

::edit::

Is it maybe possible for the topic starter or moderator to modify the first post? The program has completely changed since version 1.0.132 that is shown in the first post. Version 1.0.132 is over a year old and doesn't work anymore. It's useless now due to all the changes that have been made in the last year to the YouTube website.

Also, the 6 notes in the first post are not valid anymore either.

1. The program does not use Internet Explorer components anymore.
2. The video does get saved to the hard drive now while downloading.
3. Resuming is possible now.
4. This one is still valid.
5. Starting multiple instances of the program is not possible anymore. One instance can handle multiple downloads now.
6. Language property on YouTube is not used anymore.

Anshumanm
10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Very nice , i was searching for a tool , Thanks for the information.

Shinzen
10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
u can try Replay media catcher if ur looking for alternative

IceStorm
10-30-2010, 05:07 AM
u can try Replay media catcher if ur looking for alternative

There are so many freeware YouTube downloaders out there. Why would you use a €29.95 commercial program as alternative?

Shinzen
10-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Ah I thought Since V r in Filesharing Forum it easy to obtain the Replay Media catcher by asking anyone or jus searching da tracker/sites/boards ppl part of n also Replay Media Catcher is not jus limited to youtube it Can also rip da content from any Streaming Media including Flash contents

dagaul101
11-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Nice, able to save Youtube videos in HD can mean hours of entertainment

jamesonnet
11-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Nice. But how about the file that you want to download is in low quality is it possible that the low quality video that you download will result to HD video? Thanks!

anon
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
You can only download HD videos when YouTube offers them in that format.

Shinzen
11-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice. But how about the file that you want to download is in low quality is it possible that the low quality video that you download will result to HD video? Thanks!

Looking in to the settings tab of your down loader.

jkl49
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know for sure if this YouTube HD Transfer v1.0.578 program is free of any spyware, adware, keystroke logging, web tracking, and anything like that? Almost all free programs have these kinds of things to some extent.

For a long time I've used other methods of getting HD videos from youtube, but I wouldn't mind having an all-in-one program for it as well. I've just been burned too many times by downloading free tools and programs.

anon
11-19-2010, 02:18 PM
spyware, adware, keystroke logging, web tracking, and anything like that? Almost all free programs have these kinds of things to some extent.

That's far from being true, if you get them from reliable sites.

I haven't tested this app, but if it was infected, people would have posted already.

jkl49
11-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, you're absolutely correct about free programs from reliable sites. I use plenty of those kinds of programs everyday. I guess I wasn't counting those because this seems to fit in the other category, since it's just a free program hosted on a random webpage, and in my experience they can be troublesome.

Still, if anyone else uses this program, feel free to chime in.

jallen100
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Seems to be working pretty good, nice find!

IceStorm
11-23-2010, 05:55 AM

No, that's impossible. You can't make high quality 5.1 DTS audio from a low quality mono MP3 either. As they say... if you put sh*t in then sh*t comes out. If it's bad quality, then it stays bad quality.

Yeah, you're absolutely correct about free programs from reliable sites. I use plenty of those kinds of programs everyday. I guess I wasn't counting those because this seems to fit in the other category, since it's just a free program hosted on a random webpage, and in my experience they can be troublesome.

Still, if anyone else uses this program, feel free to chime in.

No, it's not spyware, adware or anything like that, but you probably won't believe me, because I wrote the tool.

The reason why it's hosted on a random webpage (which is free hosting from my internet provider btw), is because I wrote the tool originally for myself. I'm simply making it available for people who think it's useful, but I really can't be bothered to get webhosting and register a domain name. If you don't trust it, then don't use it, but it has been downloaded more than 200.000 times in 1,5 years. If it really contains spyware, adware or stuff like that, then you would've found many people complaining about that and all those software websites out there would not host it on their website.

::edit::

For people who are interested... I'm rewriting the tool in .NET

Screenshot: http://i56.tinypic.com/2j1oflx.png

Ashhal
11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
this a great app. thanks for sharing mate

jkl49
11-24-2010, 02:08 PM
If you wrote the tool, then I probably will believe you, especially if you post here. And it wasn't a negative comment that it's hosted on a random webpage, just an observation. I'm not overly paranoid, if you want me to gather up a list of let's say 10 varying small tools and programs that have some kind of malware in them that are hosted on innocent looking pages, I could and would, because it's pretty common. I use plenty of homemade tools that are fine and are probably hosted on pages just like yours. As for finding many people complaining about it if there were problems, well that's exactly why I posted the question, to see if there were any complaints like that. And I didn't know the program was hosted on any other software websites besides the link in this topic.

One note is you could put something on the page saying it's free of any adware, spyware, malware etc and that you wrote it for yourself, and so on. Saying maybe a couple people wouldn't believe it wouldn't be a good reason as most free tools do have that exact disclaimer and usually have an 'about' section that states why they made the program and what it does. Also you'd probably be more likely to put that kind of message up if you knew just how many free programs do have some form of malware in them, especially ones that aren't hosted on reliable sites like anon-sbi pointed out. If someone does a google search for a utility or program, a majority of the free ones usually have a problem.

Anyway I'll be sure to check it out.

IceStorm
11-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Saying that an application doesn't contain any adware, spyware and malware is exactly what I virus/trojan writer would normally tell people in order to convince them to run the application. Basically all freeware tools are homemade. YouTube Downloader HD is also a homemade tool. The one and only difference is, is that the author of that application has taken the effort to get some hosting and register a domain name, which makes it look more professional.

An other reason why I'm hosting it on my personal webspace, is because Google (owner YouTube) doesn't really like these kind of tools, as they bypass the advertisements on their website. It's against their TOS to download the videos. Once in a while they will send letters to software sites (e.g. BrotherSoft.com) demanding that they remove all the YouTube downloaders from their site. Getting a hosting package for an entire year with a domain name and then two weeks later receiving a letter from Google that I have to remove the tool from the website, making the entire website useless, is not something I'm looking forward to.

The version I wrote for myself is the one in the start post that could only download one video at a time. The rest of the features have all been added, because people requested them.

I'll probably release the .NET version in a couple of days and I'll add a message to the website that I originally wrote it for myself and that it doesn't contain any adware, spyware, etc.

IceStorm
07-24-2011, 03:23 AM
Not sure if anybody here is still interested, but a new version has been released again after a while. The Search and most of the video information has been removed again, because YouTube keeps changing the website. I've added the option to extract the MP3/AAC audio from the FLV videos. I'm sure quite a few people will find that handy.

tylergere
07-25-2011, 03:56 AM
This is the first time is heart this. Thank you so much for sharing. I'll try this software soon. :)

LiD3
07-25-2011, 10:17 AM
If someone hasn't mentioned it already you can do it without having to use a converter, try
http://keepvid.com

toady
07-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Sounds cool, will try this for sure. Is this better from IDM since IDM also gives you different options to download from youtube ?

anon
07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Not sure if anybody here is still interested, but a new version has been released again after a while. The Search and most of the video information has been removed again, because YouTube keeps changing the website. I've added the option to extract the MP3/AAC audio from the FLV videos. I'm sure quite a few people will find that handy.

I got an error right on start-up. I didn't have the Flash ActiveX plugin installed, nor did I choose to change that during setup. I suppose that's why?

I'm using "YouTube Downloader HD", but I don't like running multiple instances to download more than one video, so I was interested in your app.

xedy
07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
wow thnx me8 i didn`t think is possible

Angeleys
08-02-2011, 12:32 PM
wow thanks you

Human_Being
08-02-2011, 11:32 PM
nice one m8

iLOVENZB
08-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Do these services still work with YouTube's revamp?

IceStorm
08-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Sounds cool, will try this for sure. Is this better from IDM since IDM also gives you different options to download from youtube ?

I guess it's a matter of preference. Use what you like best.

I got an error right on start-up. I didn't have the Flash ActiveX plugin installed, nor did I choose to change that during setup. I suppose that's why?

I'm using "YouTube Downloader HD", but I don't like running multiple instances to download more than one video, so I was interested in your app.

I'll have to look into that. If you don't change anything in the setup, then the installer checks your registry to see if the Flash ActiveX is installed and if not, it will install it using the included "install_flash_player_ax.exe" file (from the adobe website).

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Do these services still work with YouTube's revamp?

Sorry for my late reply. I'm pretty busy and don't have the time to check the application every day, so I only found out yesterday that YouTube had made changes to the website and the video download links could not be extracted anymore.

It's fixed now.

anon
08-12-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll have to look into that. If you don't change anything in the setup, then the installer checks your registry to see if the Flash ActiveX is installed and if not, it will install it using the included "install_flash_player_ax.exe" file (from the adobe website).

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

I don't have the ActiveX control installed (I don't use IE) and chose not to install it, thinking it wouldn't be mandatory to run your program. Apparently I was wrong. Is there any way to avoid that dependency, e.g. by automatically disabling the features that require it? Youtube Downloader HD doesn't need the Flash plugin...

IceStorm
08-13-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't have the ActiveX control installed (I don't use IE) and chose not to install it, thinking it wouldn't be mandatory to run your program. Apparently I was wrong. Is there any way to avoid that dependency, e.g. by automatically disabling the features that require it? Youtube Downloader HD doesn't need the Flash plugin...

The ActiveX is required in order to preview/view the online videos Screenshot (http://members.home.nl/wantos/youtube_hd_transfer/images/screenshot2.png). Unfortunately it's not possible to simply disable it. It's a control (like a button) that is placed on the form and as soon as the app is launched it needs to be present, whether you use it or not, or it will give you an error message.

The only way to get rid of the dependency, is to remove the preview feature from the app.

Youtube Downloader HD doesn't have the option of previewing the online videos and that's why it doesn't need it.

I understand you don't use IE (don't use it myself either), but the installer only puts a 6mb Flash10v.ocx file and an uninstaller for it in your "\Macromed\Flash" folder. You can use the uninstaller later to remove the ocx file if you want.

tiancai
09-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Very useful. Thanks a lot

joshuatim
09-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks buddy for this. I was really tired of using Free Youtube downloader.