PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try serverscene.com ?

oklahomasucks
02-17-2010, 10:25 AM
The plans look good.

Doesnt say if the bandwidth is unlimited or not, but if it is, it seems like a good deal. Any experiences?

darknforce
02-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I`ve sent you a pm

sheela
02-17-2010, 04:54 PM
From the first look on their website, i must say that there are too little information to put up with 40GBP for one of their shared machine's.

Also, by the looks of the plans and the currency of being GBP, i just presume that they are reselling OVH-server, thus meaning, they have the different types of limitations of bandwith as OVH has.

Personally i would recommend anyone that are thinking about paying 20-40GBP for a shared seedbox to go with the cheapest kimsufi box.

you get a dedicated machine, you dont need to share any hardware or speeds with anyone else, and of course - they are probably very well about your price range =)

Check out rapidspeeds if you dont have an idea of how to set up a dedicated machines, they offer to set up what you need to get going for free =)

Cheers

oklahomasucks
02-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Those of us in the US cant order those Kimsufis and the setup fee that OVH charges doesnt help much either.

phauk
02-18-2010, 07:51 PM
you can order from a reseller though! but serverscene prices are too high, just google 'ovh reseller' and get a better deal :P

TLwhore
02-19-2010, 11:43 AM
The prices are a little higher than some of the other providers, but with serverscene you know how many people are sharing a server. Its normally less than whats stated on the site.. Most other shared providers are putting upto 10 people on there servers and thats why you get such bad speeds sometimes. With serverscene you nearly always get full speed from the server. The support is great with someone on MSN most of the time and they answer emails very quickly.. One downside to them is the speed from the box to the USA but its not always bad just sometimes but thats to be expected from a european server.

cowboy
02-20-2010, 09:58 AM
yeah nice ones, im actually using one off these gig-bit servers, Honestly service is sweet, unlimited traffic, great price plans. get that ratio up in no time, tech support is sweet altho never never need it as never had a problem soooo there you go!

wendyl
02-20-2010, 10:12 AM
This is my personal experience with serverscene.

I have used a few seedboxes over a period of time and each one has had its own unique problems, be it hardware or software used and on 1 occassion the support.

Since I switched to serverscene, I believe I have now found a supplier who meets all my needs.

1) I have a 1gbit connection and always get great speeds.

2) I know very little about setting up servers and serverscene set my shared box up very quickly and with the apps I wanted too.

3) Support is 2nd to none with serverscene, almost instant support.

4) Prices fit my budget for what I want.

5) I would have no hesitation in recommending severscene to any of my friends.

Thats a true reflection of my dealings with serverscene.

Hope that helps anyone looking for a good supplier.

Wendyl

xuxoxux
02-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Hummm, two posts 14 minutes apart from each other from two people that just joined today.... suspicious? lolz.

They are OVH resellers. Check domain for proof.
This would mean limits, as OVH limits.

TLwhore
02-21-2010, 12:01 PM
The two posters where asked to leave a comment on what they thought to the service. The domain is hosted with OVH but that don't mean the servers are surely. The servers can be from any number of suppliers OVH, Server.lu, leaseweb etc If it dont state a limit then it cant be enforced, but there is noway anyone will let you push to much traffic through there boxes. Also OVH do, do unlimited boxes :)

primetime
02-21-2010, 09:20 PM
i being using this crowd serverscene for nearly 3 months...when started on a tf plan ,but later changed to rtorrent and it hasnt disapointed ,and i would be a big torrent user

xuxoxux
02-24-2010, 02:59 AM
The two posters where asked to leave a comment on what they thought to the service. The domain is hosted with OVH but that don't mean the servers are surely. The servers can be from any number of suppliers OVH, Server.lu, leaseweb etc If it dont state a limit then it cant be enforced, but there is noway anyone will let you push to much traffic through there boxes. Also OVH do, do unlimited boxes :)

If two people register on the site in a very short time period to just comment in this thread to basically help sell these boxes. If this doesnt raise any flags, then oh well. As for the place where they are getting their servers, im sure one of the people who gave their insight might be able to enlighten us (I doubt it). There are old boxes without limits, though if a new company pops up, it would be hard to find enough old, unlimited servers (they dont grow on trees, as far as I know...).

TLwhore
02-24-2010, 12:42 PM
check the OVH SP range they are unlimited servers plus there are plenty of other providers out there that offer unlimited 100mb servers... Gbit seedboxes are never gonna be true unlimited as it would cost around £4500 for that per month.. We dont put limits on the site as we dont want to enforce it too much, sure if you push to much traffic we would have to work around it somehow and we have means of doing that. If you want to doubt the 2 posters then thats fine. But tbh you will find it hard to get another provider like this one. Great support and good hardware with decent prices.. Once the name gets around a bit more and people bite the bullet to try a new provider there will be more good reviews I hope. Although you tend to find people only come to these places and leave comments when there is something wrong. Thats just peoples nature i'm affaid.

oklahomasucks
02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
check the OVH SP range they are unlimited servers plus there are plenty of other providers out there that offer unlimited 100mb servers... Gbit seedboxes are never gonna be true unlimited as it would cost around £4500 for that per month..We dont put limits on the site as we dont want to enforce it too much, sure if you push to much traffic we would have to work around it somehow and we have means of doing that. If you want to doubt the 2 posters then thats fine. But tbh you will find it hard to get another provider like this one. Great support and good hardware with decent prices.. Once the name gets around a bit more and people bite the bullet to try a new provider there will be more good reviews I hope. Although you tend to find people only come to these places and leave comments when there is something wrong. Thats just peoples nature i'm affaid.

So, are you working for serverscene or what?

TLwhore
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes I am.

PerMaFrOsT
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
check the OVH SP range they are unlimited servers plus there are plenty of other providers out there that offer unlimited 100mb servers... Gbit seedboxes are never gonna be true unlimited as it would cost around £4500 for that per month.. We dont put limits on the site as we dont want to enforce it too much, sure if you push to much traffic we would have to work around it somehow and we have means of doing that. If you want to doubt the 2 posters then thats fine. But tbh you will find it hard to get another provider like this one. Great support and good hardware with decent prices.. Once the name gets around a bit more and people bite the bullet to try a new provider there will be more good reviews I hope. Although you tend to find people only come to these places and leave comments when there is something wrong. Thats just peoples nature i'm affaid.

How much traffic is a lot for your boxes?? All 100Mbps Servers are Shared between 4 users, so we could expect the same bandwidth for all products?? How many TB allow upload with that accounts??

TLwhore
02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
It really does depend on a few factors i.e which servers we have in stock. If its a OVH server we will try to get you on a unlimited server as long as you can receive good speeds from it with FTP (most european countrys are fine with these). If after a month you havent used much bandwidth we would transfer you to a limited bandwidth server if we feel it would be better.
On the limited OVH servers there is a 3tb or 5tb upload limit per server, only traffic outside of the OVH network is counted. Alot of people are using OVH so we tend to find that these are fine for most people and are much better for people outside of europe for FTP speeds.

So to try and answer your question, you can push at least 1TB upload per user. But in reality you could really push 2TB +

PerMaFrOsT
02-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Personally I am not interested in your services because I have direct access to OVH and enough experience to mount and manage seedbox, but still, it's always nice to talk with providers about their products to have correctly information. Good prices ;)