PDA

View Full Version : www.scenetorrents.biz ?

n00bz0r
02-17-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.scenetorrents.biz/

wtf is it? any ideas or additional info?

Had to start a thread about it as the queries about ScT.biz' legitimacy would have gotten lost in teh main ScT thread.

Screenshots suggesting its a crappy ripoff:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8235/42235933.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3638/62147002.jpg

MiNiMAL
02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Its a fake[i think] sct site, they cant barley write in english.

Zac090
02-17-2010, 03:33 PM
ScT irc says its scam,
also from the other tread,

"SCT" News

Hello Friends ... After R.I.P. Old Stuff Decides Bring SCT Back to Alive Again!!

Us Will Take Some Time to Config Old Dump Again (1,2 Months), Us Need Uploaders If You Have Server With +100Mbit and Scene Acess Contact Staff on Menu INFO and SUPPORT

Us NEED DONATIONS, to KEEP us ALIVE, Dont Let SCT Dies Again.

Old Users if can PROOF old stats, Send Jpeg Link For Us With Your Old Stats on Menu INFO on SUPPORT, and Soon Your Old Status Will Be Recovered.

About IRCD. Nomore ANNOUNCE on IRC will be used. Security Reasons!

Kind Regards,
The SCT Staff Leader.
:sick:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-alternitives-to-sct-post3392885/postcount67

In simple words:STAY AWAY FROM IT :01:

QPD
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
it looks lame to me!

n00bz0r
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
thanks for the announcement quotes. lol

Rart
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM

Pretty much describes the motivation for the spinoff site. Doubt it's real.

anon
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I kind of hoped ScT would really be back, but after looking at the bad English in their news page and rules I flagged it as a rip-off. Maybe even an attempt to cash on users, like Rart mentioned.

Rart
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
I just noticed the poll on the front page asking whether or not users like the "new ScT 2.0", and noticed that there wasn't an option for saying "no". Only "Fucking amazing" and "Yeah!!!" :unsure:

tippertime
02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm surprised it took this long for us to see something like this :rolleyes:

QPD
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
yeah!

anon
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I just noticed the poll on the front page asking whether or not users like the "new ScT 2.0", and noticed that there wasn't an option for saying "no".

They called that option "log out". :lol:

Di@monds
02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
well you will see plenty of that coming from and lot of dumasses waste their money

QPD
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
I am curious about their future.

Zac090
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM

It ll turn out to be one of the best scene trackers,will surpass SCC in speeds,pretimes and will have an average of 2000 torrents uploaded per day.(Excluding the l33t packs) :w00t:

anon
02-17-2010, 04:38 PM

A more realistic prediction would be seeing them go down after 1-2 months, I think. Specially after this thread :happy:

QPD
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
you are just jealous...again!

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I joined for fun, realized they disabled right clicks, logged out. To be honest, would have been a good joke till it died. :(

anon
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
you are just jealous...again!

Meh. :snooty:

I joined for fun, realized they disabled right clicks, logged out.

Any decent browser should let you prevent JavaScript from catching right-clicks. :)

QPD
02-17-2010, 04:42 PM
@anon...You are jealous cause half of S*-* ran there!

anon
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Half the Special Bureau of Investigation is on ScT.biz? That only backs my theory up. :shifty:

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
i dono who make donate on old sct, iam not feeling... thx god.. but us need always donations to keep site alive dude, and if u make donate to sct 2.0 will help us alot...

Gold. Comedy gold. Bet you every single invite seller on the planet (about 600 of them as the ScT 2.0 stats say) has joined on there.

Taken from the ScT IRC Channel:

* Now talking in #SceneTorrents
* Topic is '[scenetorrents ex-user hangout chan] :: no invite asking / trading / offering :: ScTBDev - Out Soon :: SCT-SCC Theme - 0.9 :: - ENGLISH ONLY - scenetorrents.biz is a fake scam site.'
* Set by feeling on Wed Feb 17 02:51:30

Zac090
02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
i dono who make donate on old sct, iam not feeling... thx god.. but us need always donations to keep site alive dude, and if u make donate to sct 2.0 will help us alot...
What does that mean?:blink:

Anyone up for translating this sh*t?

anon
02-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Anyone up for translating this sh*t?

"We want your money".

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 05:03 PM
He said he isn't feeling so stop asking him userbase related questions, and then responded to a guy saying whether his stats can transfer over by saying donate.

QPD
02-17-2010, 05:03 PM
:lol:

and I thought Feeling had a brain stroke!

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, basically feeling's opinion:

this is feeling here
i haven't sent a copy of the database to anyone, and im not going to
this site is here scamming users out of donations
none of the old staff are here, and the owner seems to be called "ScT"
which was our irc bot, lol
good luck faggots

if u want to start ur own site, with new staff
why are you stealing the name of my torrent site?
why not make your own site?
and why are you lying and saying you are going to be installing backups soon
nobody has a copy of the scenetorrents database
if this site isn't a scam, why are you lying? its not nice lying to users, especially if you are asking them for donations.
simply stop lying about installing a backup of a database you dont have, and admit you have nothing to do with scenetorrents, and you will be left alone.

QPD
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
so Feeling is alive?

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
so Feeling is alive?

He's always been alive, what gave you the idea that he ever disappeared? Sure he isn't as active as always, but he's always had rogue posts on SCC, and always been in the ScT/Eclecticist IRC chans.

QPD
02-17-2010, 05:18 PM
It was a joke...I know he's around!

th0r
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
It didn't sound like you did.

And lol at this spin-off of SceneTorrents using my category icons.

MiNiMAL
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
''Sct'' forum ..

http://i.imagehost.org/0497/sctforummm.jpg

Castronaut
02-17-2010, 05:55 PM
He was stuff on old SCT?

haha

anon
02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
"People need to stop making drama about fake site" made me laugh. He kind of gave himself away with that. :lol:

MiNiMAL
02-17-2010, 05:57 PM
top 10
http://f.imagehost.org/0928/fasttt_d.jpg

Very fast tracker ! :D :lol:

th0r
02-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I was trying to navigate the tracker and maybe make an angry forum post or two, but their style sheet completely fell apart and I gave up.

Zac090
02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
top 10

Wow,tera boxes ScTv2 FTW ;)

anon
02-17-2010, 06:15 PM
The site's new - who could be leeching that much already? :huh:

Feeling
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, this is a scamming fake site. Whoever it is on "stuff" (staff), it isn't anyone that was on ScT staff that's for sure.

th0r
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
No one, my guess is those statistics are injected or manually added to make the tracker appear more active than it really is.

anon
02-17-2010, 06:24 PM
my guess is those statistics are injected or manually added to make the tracker appear more active than it really is.

Agreed. And that isn't unheard of.

Tokeman
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I wanna be stuff too... I can even speak in broken english if thats required.

cinephilia
02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
great tracker, i'm VIP there.

tippertime
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
my guess is those statistics are injected or manually added to make the tracker appear more active than it really is.

or they just used a cheating program

karachidude
02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
hehe..what losers they are

Rart
02-17-2010, 07:26 PM

or they just used a cheating program

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Stats like those are generally a sign of rampant cheating, and with an inexperienced ripoff site like that, I wouldn't be surprised.

McBride
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
fake fake fake

Cabalo
02-17-2010, 07:35 PM
This site earns the joke of the month award.

Where did bt went so wrong...

anon
02-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking.

Like the site's worth cheating at yet. I'm more inclined to think they made a few database edits to make people think it's the real deal.

grogger
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
i bet quite a few people were stupid enough to actually register with their standard username-password combination that they use on other sites too (which is never a goog idea) wonder how long it takes, till the first with stolen accounts start to whine about it :)

TraLaLa
02-17-2010, 09:02 PM
i guess they are better than Tday ? :lol:

anon
02-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, even after dividing the numbers of seeders and leechers by two, TorrentDay has more activity than this shit. :P

TraLaLa
02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
maybe they merge :yikes:

Quarterquack
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
i bet quite a few people were stupid enough to actually register with their standard username-password combination that they use on other sites too (which is never a goog idea) wonder how long it takes, till the first with stolen accounts start to whine about it :)

God, you have NO idea who has registered there with their usual user/pass combo. I even told them to change it at once. It's ridiculous how some people even KNOW it's a joke, and still make mistakes.

QPD
02-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Should I register as "feeling" :D

PancakeWaffles
02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Should I register as "feeling" :D

Sure, and I'll register as Yocto! :D

anon
02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I'll register as Yocto! :D

They'll probably make you VIP, then.

j0hn
02-18-2010, 01:09 AM
1. register with email from http://10minutemail.com
2. post in shoutbox on mainpage how its a scam and lol at the staff/scammers
3. get banned
4. rinse and repeat

the "owner" is called ScT. ScT was the irc bot lol. they could have at least copied a decent staff name.

Quarterquack
02-18-2010, 03:49 AM
I just had quite a decent chat with the new Sys-Op. As far as I can see into this character, his intent is not scamming. He's just trying to bring something he loved back.

He was one of the people who worked on the ScTv2 project that everyone on Eclecticist was expecting, and he's handling it all now (simply because everyone quit). Maybe I was too quick to judge this one.

th0r
02-18-2010, 04:50 AM
He's just trying to bring something he loved back.So, by that logic, I can create my own tracker, from the ground up, and name it, say, FTWR or UK-T. How well and how long do you think that would hold up for the ex-members of those communities and the (our) BitTorrent community in general?

I understand the concept of nostalgia here, but this is practically the theft of a brand, if you will, that was created by other people. It's not the same, it's misleading; if you want to create your own BitTorrent tracker that features 0day torrents with a black glass style sheet and a yellow accent color, go ahead, that's your business, but don't completely rip-off the name and front end of something, something most of us knew and still miss, that's not yours.

Quarterquack
02-18-2010, 04:55 AM
Th0r, would you believe me if I said I already talked to him (and he agreed) about changing the name?

aen
02-18-2010, 04:56 AM
LOL

Someone tried to make a good site as oink, now someone tries to make SCT v2. And all these things are around money. Oh cmon, people gota find a job, not start a tracker :p

Di@monds
02-18-2010, 08:13 AM
I just had quite a decent chat with the new Sys-Op. As far as I can see into this character, his intent is not scamming. He's just trying to bring something he loved back.

He was one of the people who worked on the ScTv2 project that everyone on Eclecticist was expecting, and he's handling it all now (simply because everyone quit). Maybe I was too quick to judge this one.

First of all ppl who worked on v2, quited and they have no idea who this 'sct' is. Second do you believe him if he said he is your father too?

NETVIRUS
02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
top 10

These stats are from old sct accounts
no talk about all dont know

One more thing the tracker only has one day on

j0hn
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
So, by that logic, I can create my own tracker, from the ground up, and name it, say, FTWR or UK-T. How well and how long do you think that would hold up for the ex-members of those communities and the (our) BitTorrent community in general?

I understand the concept of nostalgia here, but this is practically the theft of a brand, if you will, that was created by other people. It's not the same, it's misleading; if you want to create your own BitTorrent tracker that features 0day torrents with a black glass style sheet and a yellow accent colour, go ahead, that's your business, but don't completely rip-off the name and front end of something, something most of us knew and still miss, that's not yours.
^^^ this is it in a nutshell
the so called "ScT v2" that FLX was trying to develop was never going to have scenetorrents in the url, in anyway. in the exact same way that scenetorrents evolved from elitetorrents, it was a direct replacement, but it became its own site, with its own brand, its own logo, its own design, etc.

scenetorrents.biz is a blatant rip-off of somebody else's site and ideas. the name, design and logo are direct copies from the original scenetorrents.org

Th0r, would you believe me if I said I already talked to him (and he agreed) about changing the name?
when? after he's tricked 10,000 users into joining what they think is the return of an old site. when you say you talked to him about changing the name he agreed... well, when i mentioned he was ripping-off somebody's work, he swiftly banned me from his site.

was this guy even a member on ScT? oh yea, he was the irc bot, or so his imaginative nick suggests.

just because he assures you his site isn't a scam, his very 1st news post has a few discrepencies, to say the least...

Us Will Take Some Time to Config Old Dump Again (1,2 Months)
what dumps? nobody ever got hold of a copy of the ScT database. does he mean plain old html dumps? if so they're useless, he's not even running TBDev. i don't even know if FLX would just hand them to him, seeing as though FLX is trying to sell the work he's done so far. when i questioned him about this, after much stuttering, and 5 answers later, he's now claiming "old dumps" means a copy of EVERY SINGLE TORRENT that was on sct. although html dumps of a couple of the old sct forums were obtained, and an html dump of users.php, nobody thought about grabbing all the .torrent files.

Us Need Uploaders If You Have Server With +100Mbit and Scene Acess Contact Staff on Menu INFO and SUPPORT
judging by their "pretimes" they have no scene access at all, and are using other torrent sites as their source. thats no way to run a torrent site. i wrote "pretimes" because comparing the sites listed pretimes with a predb, he's actually manually entering the pretimes, and his maths isn't too great.

probably worst of all...

begging for donations the day you open your site is quite worrying. nobody seems to know who this guy is (oh yea, he's an irc bot), and he's already wanting users hard earned cash. i guess that'll be to pay for his scene access...oh, wait.. nevermind

and finally....

About IRCD. Nomore ANNOUNCE on IRC will be used. Security Reasons!
that of course has nothing to do with the fact this guy doesn't know how to make an announce bot, or properly secure an irc channel.

i want sct to return more than anyone, but folks, this isn't it, and it doesn't even come close. anytime i've raised any of these issues with the guy, either on the shoutbox, or in the forums, i've been swiftly banned and my posts removed.

FACE_TO_FACE
02-18-2010, 09:49 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2qcqic9.png (http://i49.tinypic.com/2qcqic9.png)

philau
02-18-2010, 10:42 AM
cool! it now has more than 1000 users. SCT is coming back faster than your think.

egistered Users: 1087
Donor Users: 0
Online Users: 16
Unconfirmed Users: 2

Torrents: 38
Peers: 73
Seeders: 48
Leechers: 25

Zac090
02-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Will ScT dies agains??? :O

awaited
02-18-2010, 01:05 PM
cool! it now has more than 1000 users. SCT is coming back faster than your think.

egistered Users: 1087
Online Users: 16
Unconfirmed Users: 2

Torrents: 38
Peers: 73
Seeders: 48
Leechers: 25
will die even faster

TraLaLa
02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Will ScT dies agains??? :O

its not about the money :lol:

Quarterquack
02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
j0hn, I respect you a whole lot, you know I do, but you honestly don't know much about this dude.

For the torrent dumps, the first announcement on Eclecticist made mentioned that they had the whole tracker backed up, including the torrents. I can't for the life of me find the thread to link you to it, but they had said that they had backed up the whole place forums, userdb and torrents, and it will be back up on the new ScT.

The main Sys-Op is a scene courier, though he denied to tell me on what sites in an what courier groups, called it for security reasons (kind of hypocritical if he's running a torrent website). He even runs his own ftp, the issue with the pretimes is he knows no one able to help him to get the eggdrop bot up and running. He himself doesn't know how. That's why the pretimes have been slow. He's doing it all manually.

As for the donations issue, and this is the part that convinced me he isn't trying to scam anyone out of anything - he told me his life story. I'm dead serious, he told me where he was born, where he moved to, issues with family, where he is now, I mean if he truly was a scammer I don't think he would have gone into as much detail. He explained to me that he's having monetary issues right now, and trust me, j0hn, the server fees are not even 2% of what they were on ScT.

As for the remainder of your points: Yes, he has no IRC security expertise, but then again neither do I so who am I to judge.

According to him, he WAS a member on ScT. According to him, he hooked up feeling with HIS access (this part is pretty shady if you ask me). He gave me his old name, I've tried asking feeling but he was asleep or dead (flip a coin for your choice :P). Apparently he's also had a private chat with FLX over which he gave FLX proof that he was part of the team that quit, and I haven't heard from FLX since. Take that as you must.

When I talked to him about the name and compared FTBR with FTWR and why FTBR had to die, he agreed and told me he will change the logo when he has the time, and eventually the name. The guy is sincere, he was just pissed off everyone quit and he wouldn't let it die. And, j0hn, I want it back too.

Random info: FLX's new ScT was going to be called www.overseed.me ; I think I'd rather go with the .biz domain.

EDIT: Gah, the curse of not using my usual nickname on here. If you want we can take this over to the sctcom boards, where it belongs, and where certain parties (FLX) can have a direct say.

EDIT2: And I guess that's that. Account suspended, someone probably told the host (who was in germany by the way) that it was sharing copyright material. Ah well.

MiNiMAL
02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
SCT.BIZ ---
This Account Has Been Suspended

:lol: :lol:
bye bye SCT.BIZ

pretend
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
SCT.BIZ ---

bye bye SCT.BIZ

Not enough donations? :cry: You killed ScT! Again!!! :P

Di@monds
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
j0hn, I respect you a whole lot, you know I do, but you honestly don't know much about this dude.

For the torrent dumps, the first announcement on Eclecticist made mentioned that they had the whole tracker backed up, including the torrents. I can't for the life of me find the thread to link you to it, but they had said that they had backed up the whole place forums, userdb and torrents, and it will be back up on the new ScT.

The main Sys-Op is a scene courier, though he denied to tell me on what sites in an what courier groups, called it for security reasons (kind of hypocritical if he's running a torrent website). He even runs his own ftp, the issue with the pretimes is he knows no one able to help him to get the eggdrop bot up and running. He himself doesn't know how. That's why the pretimes have been slow. He's doing it all manually.

As for the donations issue, and this is the part that convinced me he isn't trying to scam anyone out of anything - he told me his life story. I'm dead serious, he told me where he was born, where he moved to, issues with family, where he is now, I mean if he truly was a scammer I don't think he would have gone into as much detail. He explained to me that he's having monetary issues right now, and trust me, j0hn, the server fees are not even 2% of what they were on ScT.

As for the remainder of your points: Yes, he has no IRC security expertise, but then again neither do I so who am I to judge.

According to him, he WAS a member on ScT. According to him, he hooked up feeling with HIS access (this part is pretty shady if you ask me). He gave me his old name, I've tried asking feeling but he was asleep or dead (flip a coin for your choice :P). Apparently he's also had a private chat with FLX over which he gave FLX proof that he was part of the team that quit, and I haven't heard from FLX since. Take that as you must.

When I talked to him about the name and compared FTBR with FTWR and why FTBR had to die, he agreed and told me he will change the logo when he has the time, and eventually the name. The guy is sincere, he was just pissed off everyone quit and he wouldn't let it die. And, j0hn, I want it back too.

Random info: FLX's new ScT was going to be called www.overseed.me (http://www.overseed.me) ; I think I'd rather go with the .biz domain.

EDIT: Gah, the curse of not using my usual nickname on here. If you want we can take this over to the sctcom boards, where it belongs, and where certain parties (FLX) can have a direct say.

EDIT2: And I guess that's that. Account suspended, someone probably told the host (who was in germany by the way) that it was sharing copyright material. Ah well.

ohh god.....i hope some of your irl friend come and say how dumb youre...else its all lost

Quarterquack
02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
ohh god.....i hope some of your irl friend come and say how dumb youre...else its all lost

Great reply. It was very valuable to this conversation. Here, let me try to reply on the same level:

ohh god.................i hope some of your irl friend teach you some grammar..........else its all lost

anon
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
SCT.BIZ ---

bye bye SCT.BIZ

Great news.

Ratul
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
What was the reason for shutdown the SCT.
is it for MPAA or only the staff shutdown it but their IRC channel still running. If MPAA or police shutdown the SCT then how they running the SCT IRC channel.

greken24
02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
account suspended over here too..
He cant even spell or speak how the fck could he be into staff.. he cant even spell the word staff..
Just forget this dump and ironic site, im pretty sure thats actually fake dont waste your time..

anon
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM

The real one or this fake one?

pretend
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
is it for MPAA or only the staff shutdown it but their IRC channel still running. If MPAA or police shutdown the SCT then how they running the SCT IRC channel.
IRC channel is moved to p2p-net.

Ratul
02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
@anon-sbi
I mean the real one

anon
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/11/scenetorrentsthefinalnotice-sct.html

Ratul
02-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I heard that before shutdown the SCT the staff giving the members ( who donate ) double upload credit and double invites, after that the site was down. Is it coincidence or it was by plan.

anon
02-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I couldn't really tell you. Some would say they knew they were going down and tried to make as much cash as possible, but I remember they gave making things even after a (real) server downtime as the reason for the double rewards.

QPD
02-18-2010, 05:30 PM
we won't know anything for sure!

Zac090
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Is it coincidence or it was by plan.
Coincidence for sure,a well established site like ScT would never have done anything so cheap

TraLaLa
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
the owner its not here on fst ?

QPD
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Better not be!

th0r
02-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I heard that before shutdown, ScT staff was giving the members (who donated) double upload credit and double invites, after that the website was down. Is it coincidence or it was by plan?

I couldn't really tell you. . . . I remember they gave making things even after a (real) server downtime as the reason for the double rewards.

Correct, the double upload credit and double invites initiative was implemented long before ScT died; I don't believe there's a connection between the two.

Slickerey
02-18-2010, 10:20 PM
The site's owner got his account suspended. He had to be on shared hosting of some sort.

Di@monds
02-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Great reply. It was very valuable to this conversation. Here, let me try to reply on the same level:

ohh god.................i hope some of your irl friend teach you some grammar..........else its all lost

SCT.BIZ ---

So mister i believe everything now what?
the worst part is ppl are so naive and they believe almost everything...

P2PDog
02-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Looks like it was hosted on a Santrex box:

$ host scenetorrents.biz
scenetorrents.biz has address 188.72.241.32

$ whois 188.72.241.32
inetnum: 188.72.240.0 - 188.72.241.255
netname: SANTREX-INTERNET-SERVICE-968432
descr: Santrex Internet Service

NkFy
02-19-2010, 03:15 PM
scenetorrents.biz is a fake scam site

Cabalo
02-19-2010, 03:18 PM

:O Really?

MadIrish
02-19-2010, 03:58 PM

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4968/captainobvious.jpg

Zac090
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Wow,breaking news :O

anon
02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Easy, guys. "lol wtf" didn't work so he resorted to posting something remotely productive, even if obvious by now. :lol:

QPD
02-19-2010, 05:28 PM
:lol: desperate times!

TraLaLa
02-19-2010, 07:07 PM
desperate people :dabs:

j0hn
02-20-2010, 12:43 AM

like i said, the forums cant be integrated, he's not using tbsource. also, that would only work if the original members were registered to the posts. seeing as my nick was registered the day the site opened, i can see that working good. im not exactly famous, and my nicks gone already. there goes the chance of most of the active forum community rejoining.

as for the userdb, like said before, it was simply an html of the usernames, in plain text, taken from users.php. this is no use to anyone, and was only taken to aid with proving upload/download amounts of said usernames, and cant be implemented in any automated fashion.

as for a dump of torrents. i recall different. as i remember there wasn't any dumps of physical torrent files made. but even that would be useless, without the actual data the torrents need to point to.

im not going to argue any other points, theres really no need. the fact the site was hosted in the way it was put every user who downloaded anything at risk in its very 1st 2 days. the owners bad english and poor choice of branding has made his site seem very very questionable, so much so that none of the sct community i still speak to intend on registering there. infact the only ones i think who will register there are users who werent on the original sct, or ones who will register and idle incase it does become the next big thing. for the amount of member they have already, however impressive, the amount of torrents, seeds, peers, and forum activity is laughable. the owners reaction to ban, then censor, anyone who questions him is probably worse than all the above.

th0r
02-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Now where's that fire we didn't see in the old ScT forums, j0hn?

Quarterquack
02-20-2010, 01:57 AM
im not going to argue any other points, theres really no need.

I agree with all your points. Trust me, I do. But what I don't agree with are the people that continue to call him a scammer. He wasn't scamming anyone, but the way he went about things was all wrong. Starting from the name, to the front end, to the code, to the IRC, to everything, he made a ton of mistakes. And yet, he was genuinely trying to get it all up on his own, but just didn't know how, so it came off as a scam-looking scheme.

And you're right, he needed a little bit more transparency about what exactly he was trying to achieve when he was talking about dumps. At any rate, I really doubt this is the last we've seen of that. When I was talking to him at one point in the conversation he said "No matter how many times I will fail I'll keep trying". I don't think he was joking.

PS: I understand the point you were making when you mentioned the new userbase. Nearly every new user thread was "I wasn't an ScT member before". At least Ch*** made an account. :closedeye

EDIT: On second thought, maybe it's not so smart to post a member's name out here in the open.

j0hn
02-21-2010, 05:35 AM
At any rate, I really doubt this is the last we've seen of that. When I was talking to him at one point in the conversation he said "No matter how many times I will fail I'll keep trying". I don't think he was joking.
he needs to try harder, its offline again.
if he has sense he'll leave it down. the amount of bad press the guys getting because of his actions and his attitude is rather satisfying to see
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/02/scenetorrentsbiz-is-not-sct-reborn.html

Quarterquack
02-21-2010, 06:09 AM
j0hn, let's talk on the ScTcom forums. Every time I try to mention my opinion on the matter here I get shut down, so I'm going to be talking there. I've already posted my opinion there, so if you want to, I'll continue this conversation with you where it belongs, and where other people who should be concerned will see it.

j0hn
02-21-2010, 06:48 AM
it has no place on the sctcommunity forums
scenetorrents.biz has nothing to do with the scenetorrents.org community

Quarterquack
02-21-2010, 06:50 AM
And yet, the sctcommunity folks are the ones that stand to lose the most if this were a scam, considering a lot of them have been waiting for just this exact thing (edit: and have probably already signed up), am I wrong in assuming this? You yourself realized this and decided that that was the first place you should warn users to be weary of the tracker, as soon as it came up.

j0hn
02-21-2010, 07:41 AM
no, just...no
thats the point, and u dont get it. they havent been waiting for this. this is just another site. totally nothing to do with sct. ppl on the sct forums were waiting for a sct replacement, involving recognisable faces, with tbdev knowledge, php coding skills, a welcoming atmosphere, and a certain level of eliteness they became accustomed to.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER TORRENT SITE - riding on the back of the scenetorrents name. ive seen 4 of the staff talking, and my 3 year old speaks better english than all of them combined.

cinephilia
02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
But what I don't agree with are the people that continue to call him a scammer. He wasn't scamming anyone
"Us NEED DONATIONS, to KEEP us ALIVE, Dont Let SCT Dies Again."

"The SCT Staff Leader"

:mellow:

System
02-21-2010, 08:03 AM
I think they have closed the traker :)
http://i48.tinypic.com/fylg7b.jpg

QPD
02-21-2010, 09:00 AM
403 = r3striction

NETVIRUS
02-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Our server are moving to another better of course......
And one thing in sctcommunity the guys are working in the new SCT but they have begin from 0....our tracker begin with the old aspect and SCT(OWNER) are one of that work in sctcommunity until now....
Ah one more thing Feeling the older staff from SCT is receiving % donations from SCC
Just people know that......
Stay safe guys Dont talk SH***T

The_Martinator
02-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Stay safe guys

... says the Netvirus. :lol:

anon
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Stay safe guys

... says the Netvirus. :lol:

Knowing who he really is I can assure you his post is even funnier :lol:

j0hn
02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
And one thing in sctcommunity the guys are working in the new SCT but they have begin from 0....our tracker begin with the old aspect and SCT(OWNER) are one of that work in sctcommunity until now....
Ah one more thing Feeling the older staff from SCT is receiving % donations from SCC
lol
hahaha
ur making it unnecessary for me to argue my point
ur doing all the work for me
for a quote like that to come from a sysop on the site in question just makes you laughable
the fact that you've come out on fst makes me laugh also, as now i can see from looking at ur posts that ur nothing more than an invite begging troll who trades his way into sites
and u want users to trust their personal info on ur site? or provide their bank details to ur site while donating?

edit: i've said all i have to say on this site, they're digging their own hole

anon
02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
for a quote like that to come from a sysop on the site in question just makes you laughable

Perhaps he's just quoting the text from elsewhere?

NETVIRUS
02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Im not the owner of the site
Im only one moderator in her
And yes Anon i know you know me :) no problem mate

Di@monds
02-21-2010, 07:07 PM

what?

bumrocks
02-21-2010, 07:24 PM

He doesn't know that FST = FanaticalShitTalkers

These guys have to make some Engrish speaking friends or they will never have a chance at being taken seriously as an Engrish speaking tracker. It's horrible yet funny all at the same time.

Zac090
02-22-2010, 03:03 AM

That sounds rude:happy:

th0r
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Are signups still open at The Eclecticist? I used to have an account there, but I let it die accidentally.

Rart
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
They prune inactive accounts on a forum? o.0

AFAIK the registrations are closed to members, probably so random people don't jump on the bandwagon "claiming" they were from Sct (not saying that you were).

pro267
02-22-2010, 10:14 PM
By that of course you mean you're a fellow cheater, don't you?
(and one of the dumbest ones in the history of BT, from what I've heard.)

Anyway, sounds like a quality tracker.

p.s. Isn't there a single mod here on FST with enough sense to remove the links to this obvious passwords/donations catching scam site?

j0hn
02-23-2010, 01:07 AM
They prune inactive accounts on a forum? o.0

AFAIK the registrations are closed to members, probably so random people don't jump on the bandwagon "claiming" they were from Sct (not saying that you were).
forums dead anyway, nobody posts
flx is trying to sell it

Quarterquack
02-23-2010, 02:24 AM
I honestly login there daily, and nothing's happening. The last post was what? 3 days ago? I don't understand why the community didn't actually want to stick together as much I did. There was this huge influx of "Yeah, eclecticist! let's go go go!" when the mass PM went out, then everyone disappeared.

I guess you could call it settling in, I call them hypocrites for joining a place called sctcommunity just to get invited to other places.

sez
02-23-2010, 05:33 AM
I honestly login there daily, and nothing's happening. The last post was what? 3 days ago? I don't understand why the community didn't actually want to stick together as much I did. There was this huge influx of "Yeah, eclecticist! let's go go go!" when the mass PM went out, then everyone disappeared.

I guess you could call it settling in, I call them hypocrites for joining a place called sctcommunity just to get invited to other places.

Before you start calling people hypocrites and blowing your 'look at me,am a community guy' horn.If you had posted on that forum today,the last post won't have been 3 days ago it would have been a few hours ago,so you are equally responsible for the inactivity and are as well liable to the very same things you are accusing your friends of.

soulreaper
02-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Before you start calling people hypocrites and blowing your 'look at me,am a community guy' horn.

:lol::lol:

A
02-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Who joined where for invites?

Quarterquack
02-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Before you start calling people hypocrites and blowing your 'look at me,am a community guy' horn.If you had posted on that forum today,the last post won't have been 3 days ago it would have been a few hours ago,so you are equally responsible for the inactivity and are as well liable to the very same things you are accusing your friends of.

Interesting. Let me see if I got it right:

Before you start accusing people of indirectly killing a community, you might want to make sure that they're not one of the top contributors to the community's activity.

At any rate, I really doubt much can be done. Most (if any) of the new posts that are made generally go on to the Request Invites thread, and it's generally a staple of "I know I won't get it but ... FTN!" I'm not going to go on a vigilante course and explain to people the utopia a dead forum could possibly be molded into.

susiserken
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
So its basicly a rip off site runned by a bunch of traders and cheaters? :blink:

Ev0
02-23-2010, 04:32 PM
flx is trying to sell it

What a joke, another just in it for the money:noes:

becomehokage
02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
scam site i tell ya,son

davegri
02-23-2010, 10:52 PM
So its basicly a rip off site runned by a bunch of traders and cheaters? :blink:

yep it is

TraLaLa
02-24-2010, 12:05 AM
flx is trying to sell it

What a joke, another just in it for the money:noes:

who isn't :unsure:

puckface
02-24-2010, 12:44 AM
scam site i tell ya,son

you really think so? I donate 100 euro. Please say it is not so.

PancakeWaffles
02-24-2010, 01:42 AM
scam site i tell ya,son

you really think so? I donate 100 euro. Please say it is not so.

I donate 1000 euros so that "Us NEED DONATIONS, to KEEP us ALIVE, Dont Let SCT Dies Again."