PDA

View Full Version : Glee

Rart
02-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Haven't seen any threads on it yet, so here goes :happy:.

A great show overall and a refreshing new style compared most of what we see nowadays.

Here's a new trailer of it's return in April... I'm psyched :)

http://www.tv.com/the-long-glee-wait-is-over...-sort-of/story/21446.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

IdolEyes787
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
I talked it up on a couple trackers and was uniformly met with " that's gay".
Actually what is "gay " is to be so afraid of other peoples opinions that you feel obligated to to conform and maybe miss out on something you might enjoy.Which strangely enough is a large part of what the show is about.

Anyway clearly a terrific( if uneven) show and if accolades and awards mean anything the critics seem to agree.
But seriously what do they know , the bunch of fags.

mr. nails
02-18-2010, 04:01 AM
tbh, i'd have to agree. that shows full of fagotry. don't see myself watching that either.

MagicNakor
02-18-2010, 12:05 PM
They really need to knock off the autotune.

:shuriken:

Albo Da Kid
02-19-2010, 12:54 AM
This show seems like a mixture of Highschool musical and The Jonas Brothers...Fukin gay if u ask me lol

Rart
02-19-2010, 01:01 AM
I talked it up on a couple trackers and was uniformly met with " that's gay".
Actually what is "gay " is to be so afraid of other peoples opinions that you feel obligated to to conform and maybe miss out on something you might enjoy.Which strangely enough is a large part of what the show is about.

Anyway clearly a terrific( if uneven) show and if accolades and awards mean anything the critics seem to agree.
But seriously what do they know , the bunch of fags.

Guess the same happens on FST...:unsure:

IdolEyes787
02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
When the most downloaded TV program continues to be Heroes I don't really put much stock in what the average bt tard thinks.

This show seems like a mixture of Highschool musical and The Jonas Brothers...Fukin gay if u ask me lol

The mere fact that you make that comparison clearly proves that you have taken way too many head shots.

Albo Da Kid
02-19-2010, 01:41 AM
lol I have in fact taken a lot of heavy blows to the head, you're right about that...But you can't tell me that trailer didn't remind you of Highschool musical and Jonas brothers music videos

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 02:20 AM
lol I have in fact taken a lot of heavy blows to the head, you're right about that...But you can't tell me that trailer didn't remind you of Highschool musical and Jonas brothers music videos

If Idol and Rart like it, it is obviously not ghey. If anything, it must be targeted at awkward teen girls.

BTW, this is meant as payback for Idol calling me a "girly man" and because I have to assume Rart is, in fact, an awkward teen girl. :D

IdolEyes787
02-19-2010, 03:16 AM

I didn't even watch the trailer until he drew my attention to it and you're right, if I was judging the show entirely by that I'd definitely never watch it.

Btw is it just me but have TV promos taken a decided turn for the worse lately?:sick:

IT'S BACK.....ALL THE DRAMA .....ALL THE ACTION .......ALL THE GAYNESS THAT YOU HAVE COME TO LOVE .

insert clip of ugly talentless people pretending to Lady GaGa or considering they are ugly and talentless maybe they are in fact Lady GaGa (Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!Roma-Roma-ma-ah!Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!:unsure:)

GLEE!*

*now 20% more gay.

BTW, this is meant as payback for Idol calling me a "girly man"

I could have said worse but I was afraid you might cry.

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 03:21 AM
I could have said worse but I was afraid you might cry.

antidepressants>Idol :01:

Rart
02-19-2010, 03:33 AM
(Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!Roma-Roma-ma-ah!Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!:unsure:)

:lol:

I really don't think you need to convince me of your sexuality any further than you already have Idol.

Btw, to this day I still don't understand what the fuck that music video is supposed to represent.

Albo Da Kid
02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
lol look what I just stumbled acrros in youtube..CLASSIC:lol:

C2FMdOLyRcA

I don't think there's any excuses left to defend this show from being called "Totally Ghey" lol

megabyteme
02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
So how many hours did you search to find that clip, Albo? You becoming a "closet" fan, now? :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
lol look what I just stumbled acrros in youtube..CLASSIC:lol:

I don't think there's any excuses left to defend this show from being called "Totally Ghey" lol

The whole point of that clip is establishing how gay the character of Kurt is so that late in the episode you get the emotional payoff when his father finally comes to accept him.:unsure:

Mmmmmm cheerleaders ( turn the sound off or it's still kinda ghey:D)

qCmnDWaLIEk

Albo Da Kid
02-23-2010, 02:21 AM
^that big girl just raised the show's raitings by at least 10%. She's representing all our big sistaz out there ahah

MBM no dude i was just checking the movie section in here and i read the glee thread so i went to youtube to get a few laughs.
I'm no closet homo neither cause a closet homo would deny what they would do to that kid in special situations like if we both happened to be in prison.

Rart
02-23-2010, 04:14 AM
Seriously though, I think you guys should really give the show a try. It's got it's great moments and can be serious or hilarious at times. There is a developed story between all the "ghey" singing and dancing, contrary to what most of the trailers seem to emphasize.

Most importantly it's a nice contrast to all the generic cop, doctor, detective, sci fi, and other types of shows that we constantly see pop up to try to jump on the newest bandwagon. It's very entertaining and I've never had a dull moment watching it.

Albo Da Kid
02-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Yea my man this show is full of entertainment and I could understand why it's getting popular and likable so rapidly.
It's full of emotion drama and definitely not boring (kind of reminds me of Degrassi). I used to watch Degrassi regularly when I was 13 or 14 but now whenever I watch reruns of it I don't find it suitable nor interesting anymore. Now I'm more crime shows like The Sopranos, Breaking bad and Sons of Anarchy.
The highschool-era type of shows are a little too soft for me to watch now lol, but i'd definitely probably enjoy watching an episode of Glee everynow and then together with my sister, girl cousins or a girl friend. That would be kind of cute (no-homo.

IdolEyes787
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
And if you are trapped in an elevator with a bunch of gay guys it will give you something to talk about.

MagicNakor
02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Admittedly I'm looking forward to seeing Jane Lynch do "Vogue." I wonder how Sue Cs it.

Rart
04-14-2010, 05:32 AM
That episode really shook things up a bit! More like a season premiere than a return from a break.

I'm glad how they seemed to have mixed things up a bit, I felt that they had resolved a little too many "loose ends" from the last episode (Finn's knowledge of the baby, Schuester's knowledge of his lack of a baby, Schuester + Emma, Schuester + Terry, etc. etc.) and was worried that there wouldn't be too much left to develop afterwards.

Glad I was wrong :happy:

...Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?

IdolEyes787
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I finally got around to watching the second half (PVR ftw).
All I have to say is that I'm certainly glad that I did .I thought the first half hour was just a lot of the same but the episode was all back-loaded with the good stuff.
Rachel's character is starting to grate a little on me with all the over the top earnestness but I guess that may be keeping in line with presenting the whole show as a musical ( which aren't really known for subtlety).
The Sue and the old maids club bit was utter brilliance though as was the Cheerios and Finn in the restaurant part.

ftalker
04-18-2010, 02:42 AM
I liked the shows before the break. But now, it's starting to get a little repetitive. Maybe, it was just the first show. Let's see! :)

djnoxious
04-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Glee is rubish im afraid, The adverts on tv annoy the hell out of me

Gman_Link
04-20-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm afraid that I have to agree with DJnoxious here.

The many stereotypes that appear in Glee annoy me to no end. The only reason why I watch Glee are because of the transcriptions and integrations of various songs. In my opinion, they're pretty good, contrary to some that believe that "the original is always the best/classic."

What can you say though, it's a transition from the High School Musical to Hannah Montana to the Glee social phenomenon. Some of the characters are starting to grow on me, but the pure annoyance and irritability just persists with the lack of ingenuity. Maybe it's just me though. :o

Rart
05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
I think that while there are many seemingly bland social stereotypes blended into the show, as you begin to dig a little deeper and watch the show a little more you can really begin to appreciate them for what they are, and why they've been included. The show really grows on you, and you begin to realize that they simply aren't bland, cliched stereotypes carelessly tossed in.

And scenes such as Sue with her older sister simply couldn't have been delivered at that magnitude and with such an emotional impact if not for how the show was developed.

On that note, I've been particularly enjoying the inclusion of Sue in musical performances in the more recent episodes. Seems like the producers are realizing some of the other talent they have in their cast :happy:.

A major quip that I've had though is how underdeveloped Quinn/Puck seem to be after the mid season break, seemingly taking a sideline for the attention whoring Rachel. Although Quinn did get a little homage with the recent episode and the glist, the screentime Quinn and Puck seem to be getting are dismally low compared to that of the pre-break episodes.

And what the hell is up with the Quinn/Puck (Quick :lol:) relation that's (supposedly) been developing? It feels as if after the season break it was forced upon us with little to no explanation, and I was certainly not expecting it. I thought that in an earlier episode they had already gone over the Quinn/Puck dynamic, and how it obviously didn't work. Does Quinn somehow feel some perverse need to have a man by her side while the baby isn't even yet born (and it's not like Puck is nearly mature enough to do anything anyway...:unsure:). If there is at all a reasonable explanation for why they're together, as least give us some information on it, rather than thrusting it upon us with no warning.

Gilliene
05-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Personally, I think the show has it's great points, although there are A LOT of things gone wrong with the show. Especially Rachel's messed up character.

mpryme
05-08-2010, 05:59 PM
guilty pleasure if there ever was one.

est
05-09-2010, 12:10 PM
just catching this up. it's the best show this year so far :)

IdolEyes787
05-11-2010, 01:12 PM
it`s too much gay to me

I'm sure the producers will take that into account and in the future have fewer music sequences and try to limit that inter-personal relationship/character development/why are they expressing their feelings? shit .Then hopefully maybe they will have time to include a MMA fight or large gun or two because clearly there is nothing gay about those.

MagicNakor
05-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Nothing at all gay about two sweaty muscle-bound men in short-shorts grunting and groping at each other in a writhing mass on the ground. Nope.

Rart
05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
But they're getting physical :o

Rart
05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Looks like Glee is looking better than ever in terms of ratings, producers seem happy:

Breakout hit Glee will NOT have an extended break next season, and has landed the coveted post-Super-Bowl slot. Because nothing goes together like 500-pound men in tights who like to pummel each other and jazz hands. Actually, I guess they do go together.