PDA

View Full Version : Trackers which invite you to other trackers

G-star
02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
We should make a list of them.
i cant think of many but i know What.cd and Waffles invite you to other trackers if your a PU.

add stuff and me(or mod?) can update the list.

List:
What.cd : SCC, PtP,LzTr
Waffles: SCC, x264, PtP
Hdbits: SDBits,

BitGamer (PU+) - Thread with a lot of offers. SCC is offered regularly, TT was offered once, GFT staff perform giveaways here sparingly.

BitMe (PU+) - Has invites to BitMeTV, and staff from SqN, BTN, GFT, and every now and then iTS interview codes (which aren't being handed out now, as far as I know).

BitMeTV (VIP/Elite) - Same style as BitMe. Has separate threads for all trackers with different users pitching in at different times.

Quarterquack
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
FSF.com/2008/11/13/tracker-forums-that-offer-invites-to-other-trackers/

anon
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
FSF's list is outdated but it should be a good start.

Cabalo
02-18-2010, 04:40 PM
The whole idea behind this thread would be to create a tree that would allow you to follow a course so you could reach easily those rare trackers you "dream" of.
Let's see if this thread gets enough attention from the users.

anon
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
The whole idea behind this thread would be to create a tree that would allow you to follow a course so you could reach easily those rare trackers you "dream" of.

Either that or letting newbies that are PUs at trackers offering unlimited invites know they don't need to post a request to get inside them. :lol:

Ratul
02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
i know What.cd and Waffles invite you to other forums if your a PU.

I dont understand,
What.cd and Waffles invite you to other forums
what that means.

anon
02-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I guess he meant "other trackers".

QPD
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I see it as a good idea.

Ratul
02-18-2010, 05:27 PM
So they are inviting their users to other private traker.
If a user PU at that mention site then he/she can get invite to others private trake where he/she wants to join, Like FTN, SCC etc etc.

anon
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
If you're a PU at a site offering invites to others, you can request one in the appropiate forum. I don't think you'll get in FTN like this, but they do offer invites to SCC, What.cd, Waffles, BitMe, etc.

QPD
02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
which is great.Sometimes is hard to find a decent trader!

IdolEyes787
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.bu.edu/mih/images/Freud.jpg

Rart
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Well aren't you clever Mr. Freudian.

And yes, what.cd does offer quite a few invites in their forum but I think it's a reflection of the dedication it takes to become a PU there which (theoretically) signifies a good member. 25 GB uploaded and 5 well labeled and ripped torrents isn't exactly easy on a music tracker.

anon
02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
5 well labeled and ripped torrents

They don't have to be music albums, you can upload apps, e-books, etc.

QPD
02-18-2010, 09:59 PM
which is quite easy in my opinion.I was re-invited to waffles 2 days ago and I have already 7 gb upload.

G-star
02-18-2010, 11:04 PM
what.cd is a pain to be a PU, but waffles is easy although what.cd has more content.
waffles just seems more friendly so i use it as much as possible.

im not a PU at waffles yet so il try to update the list as much as possible

mods add to it if you can plz. because i don tknow them all and im guessing you know a lot and can edit my posts. also, if people say some, everytime i check back, il update it.

yes, theres list on other trackers but they seem so old....

Also does bitmetv have a invite section for PU's or only vip/elites?

Quarterquack
02-19-2010, 01:50 AM
From my experience:

BitGamer (PU+) - Thread with a lot of offers. ScT was offered here a long time back, SCC is offered regularly, TT was offered once, GFT staff perform giveaways here sparingly.

BitMe (PU+) - Has invites to BitMeTV, and staff from SqN, BTN, GFT, and every now and then iTS interview codes (which aren't being handed out now, as far as I know).

BitMeTV (VIP/Elite) - Same style as BitMe. Has separate threads for all trackers with different users pitching in at different times.

"Secret Tracker" (Anyone) - (for movies, that's all I'm allowed to say in public, people should know what Im talking about) - Offers unlimited BCG, NTorrents, SaveTheCoratee etc.

Give me a few days and I'll update this with more. (I'm literally a few GBs away from higher classes on some trackers)

karachidude
02-19-2010, 02:04 AM
hey anon has five stars know..thats good..congrats :D

seens like a good idea by G-Star

Does the secret tracker start with a C

G-star
02-19-2010, 02:29 AM
From my experience:

BitGamer (PU+) - Thread with a lot of offers. ScT was offered here a long time back, SCC is offered regularly, TT was offered once, GFT staff perform giveaways here sparingly.

"Secret Tracker" (Anyone) - (for movies, that's all I'm allowed to say in public, people should know what Im talking about) - Offers unlimited BCG, NTorrents, SaveTheCoratee etc.

Give me a few days and I'll update this with more. (I'm literally a few GBs away from higher classes on some trackers)

this "secret tracker" is CN right? they dont do BCG as far as i know im a user there (not power user or whatever they call it) and i see no BCG offered anywhere in the forum.

they dont have any invite forum at all right?
and it cant be open to (anyone) then i guess. unless there is a PU forum but im pretty sure there isnt.
also, not so secret when they got a review for it here.

G-star
02-19-2010, 02:32 AM
5 well labeled and ripped torrents

They don't have to be music albums, you can upload apps, e-books, etc.

i can do that buy i dont know how to upload torrents.
i tried my best to upload using the announce url in the right place making sure everything is ok but it seems to say no seeder and i cant seed my own torrent when i know everything seems fine, so i just left it.

A
02-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Power Users in each tracker can take a screenshot of the Invite subforum and display it here or in the new thread if created.

IdolEyes787
02-19-2010, 02:40 AM
mods add to it if you can plz. because i don tknow them all and im guessing you know a lot and can edit my posts.

Mods don't want to .As for knowing a lot mods haven't looked at any invite threads in tracker forums for so long mods really don't know shit*.

* That is not to say Mods are l33t or something ,mods just satisfied with what they have and don't need anymore hassle.

Btw anyone wondering why G-star was disabled ,it was a dupe account of someone( user12345 ) previously disabled.

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Here is an alternative to this pyramid scheme...

1. Be an honest, productive member of sites you are already on.
2. Make use of the files you download.
3. Talk about the things you have downloaded in appropriate site forums, or FST.
4. Make actual friends who enjoy similar things you do.
5. Repeat if necessary

...or you can spend time and bandwidth "achieving" PU "status" in hopes that some magical forum will carry you off to some far away land with gingerbread castles and gumdrop forests. Your call.

karachidude
02-19-2010, 03:27 AM
G-Star Disabled..i wonder what he did..hmmmm

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 03:29 AM
G-Star Disabled..i wonder what he did..hmmmm

He failed to read posts two above his. True story...

karachidude
02-19-2010, 03:37 AM
thats sad,if only he had read..lol

hagckz0r
02-19-2010, 10:51 AM

3. Talk about the things you have downloaded in appropriate site forums, or FST.
5. Repeat if necessary

...or you can spend time and bandwidth "achieving" PU "status" in hopes that some magical forum will carry you off to some far away land with gingerbread castles and gumdrop forests. Your call.

Ohh don't tell me you never used your second idea :shutup:. If you didn't then it means you lost a lot of precious time trying to make virtual e-buddies in order to get invited to a fkin tracker :D

sez
02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice sig MBM,you seem to have your priorities all figured out alright :lol:

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 03:36 PM

5. Repeat if necessary.

Ohh don't tell me you never used your second idea :shutup:. If you didn't then it means you lost a lot of precious time trying to make virtual e-buddies in order to get invited to a fkin tracker :D

Honestly, the only "magical lands" that I have came to me here, via PM from site staff there, were open sign-up, or part of recruitment.

The problem is, most people engage in "the second idea" without focusing on the one I suggest above. They end up wasting everyone's time, IMO.

I was on one single tracker (TBy) for 4 years before "venturing out". No one is allowed to request invites there, and FTMP, people really don't care. The speeds are good, the forums are fun, it's not hard to seed, cool staff. However, if you are a level-seeker, or collector, it probably won't be to your liking. However, if you are looking for a single tracker that has just about everything you could want, they also have open-signups (when accounts get kicked).

No, I don't believe I wasted any "precious time", nor do I believe people should only have one site. Running all over the place, building ratios with files you never intend to use in hopes of getting somewhere else is REALLY stupid IMO.

Anyway, all you Dorothys (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032138/) have fun...

anon
02-19-2010, 04:44 PM
hey anon has five stars know..thats good..congrats :D

i tried my best to upload using the announce url in the right place making sure everything is ok but it seems to say no seeder and i cant seed my own torrent when i know everything seems fine, so i just left it.

You're effectively doing something wrong. Did you check the wiki article they have on how to correctly upload torrents? It should clear all doubts.

Zac090
02-19-2010, 04:47 PM

You're effectively doing something wrong. Did you check the wiki article they have on how to correctly upload torrents? It should clear all doubts.
He wont be able to inform you how it goes,sadly :(

anon
02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I know he and his dupe are Disabled. It was mostly a rethorical question :lol:

hagckz0r
02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
No, I don't believe I wasted any "precious time", nor do I believe people should only have one site. Running all over the place, building ratios with files you never intend to use in hopes of getting somewhere else is REALLY stupid IMO.

When you really want to join a place then doing all those things to achieve a goal aren't that stupid thing at all. And also people don't care of your wasted bandwith, contrary they take all advantage of you using it.

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 08:23 PM

When you really want to join a place then doing all those things to achieve a goal aren't that stupid thing at all. And also people don't care of your wasted bandwith, contrary they take all advantage of you using it.

We apparently have different goals in terms of our memberships, and have vastly different definitions of "achievement"... :mellow:

1000possibleclaws
02-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Running all over the place, building ratios with files you never intend to use in hopes of getting somewhere else is REALLY stupid IMO.

That's word for word how the highly successful ratio and rank scheme on FTN works. I like when other people run around building ratio so I can download fast with no worries on my slow upload home connection :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah and having userclasses based on 10Tb upload is progressive thinking.:unsure:

QPD
02-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah and having userclasses based on 10Tb upload is progressive thinking.:unsure:
Do you have a better idea?

anon
02-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Promotions based on number of snatches and/or global average seeding time like at GFT?

QPD
02-19-2010, 08:53 PM
not you anon! :D

Promotions based on number of snatches and/or global average seeding time like at GFT?
Basically what you've said if you put it in numbers ==> upload/ratio
:rolleyes:

How should I know how's GFT like? they've banned my ass!

anon
02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
not you anon! :D

I thought I could still suggest a different system. :unsure:

Basically what you've said if you put it in numbers ==> upload/ratio
:rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean, but I think GFT's system is more fair. In my opinion it's a bit silly to base userclasses on uploaded amounts when you're in a ratio-free tracker. Now, if someone has snatched a lot of torrents and been seeding them for over a month, I think he qualifies for a promotion, too.

I've never been a member, but there's a review in my board and BarryWhite and Serb themselves made a few posts there.

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Promotions based on number of snatches

Where are you finding your women? :unsure:

anon
02-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Where are you finding your women? :unsure:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. :shifty:

IdolEyes787
02-19-2010, 09:07 PM

That's a bit more democratic.
When ratio systems were created the internet was more of a level playing field ,but now with the disparity in IP speeds upload says very little about a user other that they have a seedbox or live in a country blessed with exceptionally large pipes.
Sadder still big upload sometime means little more than a conscientious trader buffering his account.

awaited
02-20-2010, 07:05 AM
well, among all the trackers that I am part of (ratio or non-ratio) GFT has the fairest promotion system imho. It gives a fair system for all users with a crappy or a good connection. But there still are people who just download the smallest files to get more snatches.

1000possibleclaws
02-20-2010, 07:35 AM
well, among all the trackers that I am part of (ratio or non-ratio) GFT has the fairest promotion system imho. It gives a fair system for all users with a crappy or a good connection. But there still are people who just download the smallest files to get more snatches.

Wait.. how is it fair to promote leechers (who piggyback off of people who contribute upload) equally to regular 1:1 ratio users?

Also, what is with promoting due to seed time? If your upload is 15kbps-nonconnectable, and you're seeding anything bigger than a music album, it's pretty pointless to be seeding at all imo. :unsure:

QPD
02-20-2010, 07:41 AM

I've never been a member, but there's a review in my board and BarryWhite and Serb themselves made a few posts there.

Why should I read a review about something I'll never see?

awaited
02-20-2010, 10:55 AM

Wait.. how is it fair to promote leechers (who piggyback off of people who contribute upload) equally to regular 1:1 ratio users?

Also, what is with promoting due to seed time? If your upload is 15kbps-nonconnectable, and you're seeding anything bigger than a music album, it's pretty pointless to be seeding at all imo. :unsure:

any other fair promotion system for users with slow speeds?, how is it fair to promote users who build up uber leet buffers on few torrents and hit &run after that?, how can a user with bad connection show his dedication towards the tracker other than seeding for long. As idol said not all countries are gifted with large pipes , then how in the hell can a user seed to 1:1 comparing with fast connections, or seedboxes should be made mandatory?

btw seed time is not the only criteria, to be promoted on gft.

Zac090
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM

Never quit mate,who knows......

hagckz0r
02-20-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't think it is about quitting, it is more that he doesn't want to belong there..

Zac090
02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
He sounded depressed :unsure:

hagckz0r
02-20-2010, 12:30 PM
ok! then someone give him some pills :D

QPD
02-20-2010, 01:08 PM
:lol: my wife's a shrink so there is nothing to worry

Me depressed?? Why would I be? for GFT??
:lol:

IdolEyes787
02-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Everyone who snatches a torrent is attempting( I hope ) to contribute upload .As for speeds ,tying into what awaited said, personally I think it is more important to have a torrent available for a long time than just to be able to download it a 100Mbps for a few days.
I was really struck by this when BCG changed the requirements for invites ( BCG a site known for long retention) and people where complaining that they couldn't meet the minimum seed duration because they were using seedboxes:blink: .Seeing that the minimum requirement is a paltry couple of weeks I think those people ( wham bang thank you ma'am) and not the ones steadily seeding away for months at much slower seeds are in fact the ones doing the "leeching":ermm:

Of course if you don't ever need to download something a month after it's been released disregard what I said.

QPD
02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Idol , i believe that in real life you can compare it with cars.
The best way is having 2 cars:
A fast one.
An economic one ( for long roads ).

IdolEyes787
02-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Idol , i believe that in real life you can compare it with cars.
The best way is having 2 cars:
A fast one that when you need it is probably in at the shop.
A non-descript one that may not get you laid but at least you can always depend on.

As applies to what I was trying to get at isn't that more apt comparison?

Quarterquack
02-20-2010, 03:19 PM

GFT has some of the most approachable staff I've ever seen. Every time I tried talking to them they were up front honest about what they wanted for me to put forward or do or stop doing.

Go talk to them. I obviously don't know the specifics of why you were banned, but I'm sure with enough reasonable arguments you will be unbanned.

EDIT: As for the idoleyes discussion, being Canadian myself and knowing the short-comings of Canadian connections I know exactly what he means. I have a great torrent retention and down at trackers like GFT I have consistently 4-5 torrents that the tracker asks me to not delete because I'm the only seeder. Now, I'd love for someone to explain to me how it's fair that someone who generally downloads something on his 1gbit line, seeds to 1, doesn't even watch it, deletes it, moves on to the next, on a ratio free tracker should be held as a more valuable member than I.

Zac090
02-20-2010, 03:32 PM

GFT has some of the most approachable staff I've ever seen. Every time I tried talking to them they were up front honest about what they wanted for me to put forward or do or stop doing.

Go talk to them. I obviously don't know the specifics of why you were banned, but I'm sure with enough reasonable arguments you will be unbanned.

Hes not banned :ermm:

Quarterquack
02-20-2010, 03:35 PM

Country ban, then?

EDIT: As for idoleyes' BCG post, I was laughing at that as well. Some people on the forums kept mentioning they were off the minimum seed time by a day, but had already downloaded 100's of torrents, enough to not be able to go up that easily any longer. I felt sorry for them, but at the same time, using a seedbox does not necessarily mean low retention, I remember at one point having a seedbox on BCG, and every time I hit 1:1 on the seedbox I'd download it to my home connection and start seeding it there (their seed from only 1 place policy is unnerving).

1000possibleclaws
02-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I think the no rank system on BCG is best, with a profile that displays how you contribute in various ways is best. That tracker is probably successful mostly because of the great userbase it has built up over the years though. I doubt whatever ranks they could come up with would change that much.

any other fair promotion system for users with slow speeds?, how is it fair to promote users who build up uber leet buffers on few torrents and hit &run after that?,

Why do you think users with slow upload should be promoted? I have slow upload, and am happy to stay the ranks I am as long as other people do the majority of the seedwork. On 0days retention is not really a 'problem' as long as people keep snatching, and when they don't there is no real reason to keep the files anyways. No big point in giving incentives to snatches unless your users are using other trackers instead of yours.

About hit n runners, well they will get warned if that's against the rules. At least they contributed upload beforehand. It's a cycle and they will be leeching from new people who are obsessed with climbing the ranks, people seem to alternate on that role. I know I used to upload alot, but now I don't and I don't think I should get to higher ranks just because I choose to use a particular tracker.

QPD
02-21-2010, 09:10 AM

I am banned with a 200 miles surrounding range... .RO :frusty:
I didn't have time to actually make an account, and now it's too late.RevTT let me made a new account yesterday even if I am banned they even let me "give" my old VIP buffered account to my sister which has a lousy homespeed internet connection.
Will GFT ever do such a thing?
:01:

Zac090
02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Will GFT ever do such a thing?
:01:
Had Serb still been a member of staff there,maybe Yes :shutup:

susiserken
02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
One can get what.cd invites on Norbits.

skazi500
02-21-2010, 01:42 PM
scl

she is FTN

snagit
02-21-2010, 03:22 PM
scl

she is FTN

What? :huh:

Zac090
02-21-2010, 04:29 PM
scl

she is FTN

Awesome :clap:

anon
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM
scl

she is FTN

I don't get it. :pinch:

Lovestoned
02-27-2010, 12:35 PM
He most probably means that ScL is related to FTN.

And that's true isn't it? IIRC part of the latter's staffs are on ScL.