PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Breached; Microsoft Now Investigating

Darth Sushi
02-19-2010, 12:21 PM
http://media.bestofmicro.com/microsoft-windows-live-hotmail,F-V-226075-1.gifHotmail Breached; Microsoft Now Investigating
February 18, 2010 by Marcus Yam

" Hotmail showed other people's inboxes.

Microsoft said that it is investigating a security snafu at its Hotmail property that occurred earlier this week. Some Hotmail users report that, upon logging into their account, they would see the inbox that belonged to someone else.

Microsoft quickly issued a statement: "Microsoft is investigating reports of a limited number of instances in which Windows Live customers may have access to other customers' accounts when accessing their account through mobile web browser. Microsoft takes customers' privacy seriously, and immediately upon learning of these reports, we started an investigation."

The company hasn't yet revealed what, if anything, it has discovered yet, but pledged to take appropriate action once it has completed the investigation. "

:source: Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-live-hotmail-breach,9696.html

brilman
02-19-2010, 11:30 PM
opps I forgot I had a hotmail acct. :blink:
wonder if its still there :huh:

Great now I'm thinking about my ICQ acct. anybody still use that

Rart
02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
This is why you use Gmail.

brilman
02-20-2010, 12:12 AM

oh ya thats y :D

turin
02-20-2010, 01:57 PM
opps I forgot I had a hotmail acct. :blink:
wonder if its still there :huh:

Great now I'm thinking about my ICQ acct. anybody still use that

yes I still use my ICQ

nobody2100
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I thought it was now called Live-mail ^^
Seeing others inbox... this is like the biggest horror ever x_X
ICQ? Sure i still use it ;D

anon
02-20-2010, 06:47 PM

I use Fastmail myself, even back when GMail didn't ask you for SMS confirmation and despite the limited space and bandwidth quotas.