PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Sharing

manofstyle
02-21-2010, 04:00 PM
What do you think, is it a good idea or bad idea to share a seedbox with someone from fst?

TLwhore
02-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Always be carefull when sharing a box with some1 u dont know. I would also say make sure its setup properly, some people think because they are sharing that it dont need to be so secure, so always make sure that the other person cant get to any of your files. If you need a hand in setting one up drop me a PM and I can help you out with it

anon
02-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Regardless of if you're sharing the box with a good user or not, be sure the tracker's staff is aware of the fact. Otherwise, it may be seen as holding double accounts.

manofstyle
02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
always make sure that the other person cant get to any of your files

How would this be done?

TLwhore
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
the easist way is to set the right permissions on folders.. It depends which apps ur gonna use.. Rtorrent/rutorrent is one of the best ones and is quite easy to lock people into a directory

Like i said if u want a hand to get it setup give me a shout

RastaMan
02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
LOL.. Sorry, i dont share with no one. Don't trust anyone enuff.

chrisbeebops
03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
With some random from FST or a tracker? No.

With someone you been familiar with for awhile, yes.

Remember that someone has to collect the money and pay the bills. If this person is not you, you don't want to risk getting scammed. If this person is you, an uncommitted partner can mean you have to put up some of your own money until you find another.