PDA

View Full Version : Guests being able to read threads in the Invite areas and see user profiles

anon
02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Is that intentional? I remember in the past you'd be asked to log in to do both of those things.

Rart
02-21-2010, 05:42 PM
It almost seems like guests have more privs than some registered members :D

Yea it probably is a bug, I can access those sections too when I log out.

Edit: I can search the forums and look at post histories as well while I'm a guest. Not sure if that's intentional either.

Cabalo
02-21-2010, 06:08 PM
It shouldn't be possible, indeed.
I think it even comes like you described by default.

Will have to wait for a manager to make it clear.

Thanks for pointing that out.

tesco
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Ability to view profiles as a guest is intentional.
As for the invites section, I think it is a mistake, but RealitY changes things so often that I really can't keep track. I'll make sure he sees this thread though.

RealitY
02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
For now theyre able to read them but not post...

IdolEyes787
02-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Doing it the other way wouldn't make much sense.

anon
02-23-2010, 04:13 PM

Don't you think that makes FST a gold mine of speedtests and ratio proofs for total lamers?

frob99
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm pretty new to this site as a poster but when I first came to the site I could see lots of postings that are restricted to newbies. It is curious.

anon
03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
It's the way things work now.

BABBY
03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
i think we get more members when guest can see our pages, because open forums like fst and t-i get topmost search results in google.

But i think that this makes the site very uncesure.

If any newbie has posted his profile links (by mistake) or some unedited ss or seedtest, then they all can be heavily misused.

members of open forums like FST always have some fear of reviling their identity or they hesitate giving out proofs via ss in public.

moreover when people give out ss in pm then it becomes difficult for us to catch scammers, who are asking for an invite whose member they already are.

The_Martinator
03-24-2010, 07:24 AM

Don't you think that makes FST a gold mine of speedtests and ratio proofs for total lamers?

That would make some sense if the site wasn't open for signups and even allowed dupes...

anon
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM
That would make some sense if the site wasn't open for signups

You must wait 15 days after registration to access the invite areas (unless this has also been changed), but as a guest, you can simply read any thread and take the nicest speedtest from there.