PDA

View Full Version : OpenNap Is Still Around

bmh67wa
02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
In case you are bored and wanna fire up one of your old clients again there is still a lot going on and you would be surprised at who you might see on some of the servers. GotNap is still up and the list of servers can be found here: http://gotnap.com/index.php/list

Stop in and say hello and keep us old farts happy why don'tcha? I'm sure many of you still have WinMX installed at the very least. Click the icon for old times sake!

I admit that is is just more or less a hobby anymore but there is chat and surprisingly a lot of files available still. "Archaic and slow", yes it still is, but still a viable way to meet and greet and quickly share a file with a friend.

Please don't view this post as spam as I am not promoting any one particular network even though I do run a server. Try them all as the individuality and diversity of those of us still around allow the experience of something that has been lost with using other clients that don't offer the friendliness that most of the few remaining OpenNap servers still offer. Just having the ability to chat with one another creates a social network that isn't there with other P2P protocols. There are a couple of server owners (and some users too!) that are members of this very site that I'm sure will agree.

Thanks to those of you that have taken the time to read this and I hope to see you sometime, maybe even on my server!

anon
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Just having the ability to chat with one another creates a social network that isn't there with other P2P protocols.

Ares has chat support as well. But thanks for the link, I'll have a look!