pharaoh
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
It appears to be back online!?!

antrax34130
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
torrentless?

Swift
02-26-2010, 02:59 PM
kinda good news :) any member can confirm ?

LubTheStaringCat
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Swedvdr didn't go offline, It just stopped doing torrents.
It's just a forum now.

X-Files
02-26-2010, 07:00 PM
than its useless..if i not mistaken, its a hegh level tracker before? am i right?

anon
02-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, I think it was "high-level" because with some exceptions, only nordic IPs were allowed.

X-Files
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
i heard norbits also same. only swedish IP are allowed.is it true?

pretend
02-26-2010, 07:15 PM
i heard norbits also same. only swedish IP are allowed.is it true?

Norbits is Norwegian tracker, limiting it to Sweden IPs isn't too smart idea.
As far as I know they don't have range limits, but they have questionnaire in Norwegian language on sign up, correct me if mistaken.

X-Files
02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
google translator always helpful. i dont think they make that questionaire.. but i not a member btw

j0hn
02-27-2010, 04:05 AM
why you would want to join a tracker that uploaded mainly swedish releases (literally, in the swedish language) when you don't speak the language is beyond me. joining a site because it's rare is retarded. you would simply preventing good swedish users who would actually use the site from joining, all for the sake of collecting torrent sites. they aint pokemon cards.

As mentioned already, the owner closed the site quite a while ago now, as the legal situation in sweden with the piratebay and other sites started the shift. they simply deleted all the torrents and closed that section of the site, and left the forums open. anyone who was a member can still login and use the forums as they did before the torrents were removed.

the OP obviously wasnt a member. this thread should be trashed so as not to add confusion.

pharaoh
02-27-2010, 04:37 AM
I was a member there once but every once in awhile they would do a clean up and kick out non Swedish ip's. Hence my ass got booted! It sucks but it's their rules so I had to swallow it. Just thought it was completely off line. Just asking a question with no intent to cause confusion.

gamesover
02-27-2010, 04:50 AM
why you would want to join a tracker that uploaded mainly swedish releases (literally, in the swedish language) when you don't speak the language is beyond me. joining a site because it's rare is retarded. you would simply preventing good swedish users who would actually use the site from joining, all for the sake of collecting torrent sites. they aint pokemon cards.

People keep spreading this myth that Norbits is only for Norwegian members. Well, I've been a member of NB for several years and I was a member of Swedvdr too. The fact is Norbits is the best dvdr tracker, with Sparvar showing potential, and most of their dvdr's have english audio and english subtitles. Of course it isnt 100% true, there is some specific content just for Swedes. Unlike trackers like polishtracker or bithumen, where larger percentages of the uploads are just for the natives, Norbits still gets a lot of their releases from the scene and the scene typically includes english options. Dual audio tracks and dvdrs with multiple subs are the norm. Not to mention, Norbits isn't strictly limited to dvdrs. They get HD, x264, xvids, musicvids, and programs too.

At least Norbits doesn't kick out their english members. To my suprise, a year ago around xmas time i actually got an invite at Norbits and i gave it to one of my friends. Im from Canada and he was from the Middle East i think. Both of us are still active; at swedvdr i got disabled just for inviting a few friends, and thats after i spent months getting promoted to the necessary userclass there.

waeldiab
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM

People keep spreading this myth that Norbits is only for Norwegian members. Well, I've been a member of NB for several years and I was a member of Swedvdr too. The fact is Norbits is the best dvdr tracker, with Sparvar showing potential, and most of their dvdr's have english audio and english subtitles. Of course it isnt 100% true, there is some specific content just for Swedes. Unlike trackers like polishtracker or bithumen, where larger percentages of the uploads are just for the natives, Norbits still gets a lot of their releases from the scene and the scene typically includes english options. Dual audio tracks and dvdrs with multiple subs are the norm. Not to mention, Norbits isn't strictly limited to dvdrs. They get HD, x264, xvids, musicvids, and programs too.

At least Norbits doesn't kick out their english members. To my suprise, a year ago around xmas time i actually got an invite at Norbits and i gave it to one of my friends. Im from Canada and he was from the Middle East i think. Both of us are still active; at swedvdr i got disabled just for inviting a few friends, and thats after i spent months getting promoted to the necessary userclass there.

agree with you. i am a member on NB and relay i don't fell afraid because i am not from Norwegian. the site is very very good have all what i need the old and the new movies.and also i can request what i need by English.i love this site