View Full Version : Bintube not free any more

iLOVENZB
02-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Bastards!
https://www.bintube.com/usenet/signup.aspx

$11/mo

JustDOSE
02-27-2010, 05:31 PM
yea, they are greedy f'ags... bintube = astraweb so astraweb members can log into the software with there astraweb pass....

TBH they fcked up by getting greedy, now there software will get cracked and they will lose shlt loads of profit. hahahaha fckn greedy bastards

Eaglenik
02-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Ohhh... just removed their site from my bookmarks cuz of this ^^
Greedy fags

JustDOSE
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
yea fck those faggot muther fckers

SonsOfLiberty
02-27-2010, 07:56 PM
yea, they are greedy f'ags... bintube = astraweb so astraweb members can log into the software with there astraweb pass....

TBH they fcked up by getting greedy, now there software will get cracked and they will lose shlt loads of profit. hahahaha fckn greedy bastards

:lol: didn't know that, so the software is free if you use Astraweb?

ericab
02-27-2010, 10:49 PM

yep :cool:

bookmark removed also.
adios bintube. good riddance.

Cabalo
02-28-2010, 03:20 AM
What was bintube all about? First time I heard about it, true story.

iLOVENZB
02-28-2010, 04:45 AM
It was a search engine, like BinSearch and NZBIndex. It had a high retention too.

beansis
02-28-2010, 09:45 AM
It had a high retention too.

exactly
do i seriously hav to download their shitty software just to use the search function?

SonsOfLiberty
02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Downloading there software and using a Astraweb pass does not work.

UsenetGuy
02-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Meh, who cares? It is their indexer and they can do what they like. Anyway, you guys might want to check out binsearch.. they are at 600 days now :rolleyes:

JustDOSE
02-28-2010, 10:41 PM
What was bintube all about? First time I heard about it, true story.
Bintube was a site like binsearch but they sometimes indexed shit binsearch did not, IE if you couldn't find a file on binsearch then you go to bintube & vise-versa; that is why alot of people liked it. binsearch + bintube = easy searching.

Downloading there software and using a Astraweb pass does not work.
Well that's the servers they use, that is what they resell, astraweb... it worked for me when I tried it.... which means to me that those faggots changed it so you can no longer do that. Fuck them :angry:

iLOVENZB
03-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Meh, who cares? It is their indexer and they can do what they like. Anyway, you guys might want to check out binsearch.. they are at 600 days now :rolleyes:

Sadly BinSearch doesn't index all groups...but 600days = :blink:

JustDOSE
03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
http://feedback.bintube.com/forums/27794-general/suggestions/510513-why-did-you-disable-the-free-search-you-know-this

iLOVENZB
03-09-2010, 08:15 AM
http://feedback.bintube.com/forums/27794-general/suggestions/510513-why-did-you-disable-the-free-search-you-know-this

If this is greedy then I don't know what else we can do to please these people.

Um, not charge for a service that should be free. If they need cash then sell the client.

People are now going to use BinSearch or NZBIndex which don't charge anything? ... yet :blink:.

ducktape142000
03-10-2010, 07:38 AM
I started using BinTube recently when I got back to the usenet game. In terms of service and retention they are great, I can understand the ire at them charging for the search though. Since I was already a customer I didn't notice the difference. Kinda sux - although I usually just come here or use NZBMatrix to search anyway and then use their client to download the stuff. The search is not why I joined, decent pricing and not a lot of BS (till now I guess). And the client really is decent especially for newbs and media whores like myself - I hardly ever use it to watch media as it comes down but for the occasional sample viewing etc, it is great and it has good integration with RAR and PAR files. I really can't complain - I'm just sorry it sucks for everyone else.

iLOVENZB
03-10-2010, 09:40 AM
^^^ Sounds like the average Newsreader client. Nothing really special.

ducktape142000
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM

I'll be honest I have no idea what's out there now the last one I used was BNR2 - Binary Reaper. Any thoughts on a good one these days?

iLOVENZB
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM

I'll be honest I have no idea what's out there now the last one I used was BNR2 - Binary Reaper. Any thoughts on a good one these days?

I use Pan, Newsleecher and SABnzbd. All three have their pros/cons. One client isn't going to suit everybody's needs.

For instance I have no need for RSS support but some clients have it as their main feature.

Zoltar600
03-12-2010, 01:03 AM
That sucks. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the others followed suit and started charging.

zot
03-12-2010, 03:15 AM
it was a necessary action due to the proliferation of websites that specialize in linking to Usenet posts of questionable legality. Filtering out the questionable content based on post subjects being technically impossible, we had no other option. The reason he gives for shutting the service is pure bullshit ... or maybe he's a complete idiot. It's not *technically impossible* at all. If he didn't want people outside deep-linking to search results on his site, he could have easily inserted a script that would have blocked click-thru referrals and required users to go to the front page to search the site. (Google crawlers can also be blocked easily.) A lot of web sites are set up this way. Typically, most site owners who want to cut down on *drive-bys* just make people log in.

I think that BinTube's shutdown was planned all along, and he's playing us for fools. I can't believe he thinks we're so stupid to actually believe that bullshit

History repeats, and I again feel the pain of a knife in my back. In typical fashion, this was a guy who went around promoting his *free* NZB site and asking for suggestions to improve it.

Should I send a bill for my yet-unpaid consulting work? :P

ericab
03-12-2010, 09:09 AM
dont worry
once we hack his movie streamer app justice will be served.

8)

zot
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
dont worry

I don't know if many people would want to use Bintube's 'newsreader' - as it reqires Dot-NET, and not just any version, but always the latest verson of Dot-NET. -- which can be a bit of a hassle for anyone using a bootleg copy of Windows, as it can't be updated easily.

Anyway, it probably won't be easy to hack an online search engine that requires a login password, as BinTube's now does.

SonsOfLiberty
03-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Cough, cough, I know of hacked one....use your brain on this one, and if you know it, then use it, don't say it...

As for Bintude, it seemed quite gimicky and slow compared to NZBIndex and Binsearch which both have picked up steam and Binsearch now has a poll speed vs retention, I choose 600 days over speed.

iLOVENZB
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
,,, I choose 600 days over speed.

+1

Has BinSearch got the highest (free) retention now?

BABBY
03-20-2010, 01:22 PM
dont worry

I don't know if many people would want to use Bintube's 'newsreader' - as it reqires Dot-NET, and not just any version, but always the latest verson of Dot-NET. -- which can be a bit of a hassle for anyone using a bootleg copy of Windows, as it can't be updated easily.

Anyway, it probably won't be easy to hack an online search engine that requires a login password, as BinTube's now does.

I fully agree with u.

even if it is hacked then the password would be blacklisted within some time. or it would stop functioning ones the same username or password becomes famous and used by many.

more over i never think bintube's absence would make any much difference.

Cough, cough, I know of hacked one....use your brain on this one, and if you know it, then use it, don't say it...

would be really thankful if u could pm me.:)

I am not an expert at this thing, i could not figure it out myself:ermm:

whiteboy
03-21-2010, 12:43 AM

As for Bintude, it seemed quite gimicky and slow compared to NZBIndex and Binsearch which both have picked up steam and Binsearch now has a poll speed vs retention, I choose 600 days over speed.
Yah I just realized this the other day. I have been using nzbindex for a while but it couldn't find something that I knew was there.

Then I saw the 600 days hell yes!! Thats nice!

iLOVENZB
03-21-2010, 08:54 AM
^^ Yeah BinSearch is massive, even SS only goes up to 370days.

cardmaster007
03-21-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah i think its shit! I would recommend using this.