PDA

View Full Version : I know this isn't the "Sports" section, but...

j2k4
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM
...congratulations to all you Canucks on your gold medal in men's stick-n-puck.

Goes to show...play shitty survival-hockey the whole tournament, then play for the gold against the hottest team and squeak out a win in OT.

That's pure Olympic guts, sports fans.

bigboab
03-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Did you not realise that you can be disingenuous in any section on the board?:whistling

j2k4
03-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Of course, but one may also be sincere, Robert.

Barbarossa
03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't really understand ice hockey, but what's more important, winning medals or looking pretty...?

I watched some of the final actually, well just the overtime as it goes. What a waste of time. I didn't even see the puck go in the net, I had to wait for the replay to work out what happened.

A TV spectator sport, it aint. They should make the ice black and the puck fluorescent pink or something.

j2k4
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
They should make the ice black and the puck fluorescent pink or something.

I've been saying that for years...

Skweeky
03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't really understand ice hockey, but what's more important, winning medals or looking pretty...?

I watched some of the final actually, well just the overtime as it goes. What a waste of time. I didn't even see the puck go in the net, I had to wait for the replay to work out what happened.

A TV spectator sport, it aint. They should make the ice black and the puck fluorescent pink or something.

And dress the players in black and red latex? :huh:

Barbarossa
03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Yellow and orange spandex.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM

The American networks actually tried something like that in the past.The had some technology where there was a big black circle around the puck so that the casual fan could better follow the action.They even tweaked it to put a little flame trail on shots over a certain velocity.:pinch:
All I can tell you is that it was incredibly stupid in that particular way that only things created by people with no concept of what they are actually dealing with can be incredibly stupid.
That and no hockey fan beyond those of the most casual level has any problem following the puck.

Also the outer hockey uniforms aren't the most appealing/best designed , the "pants " are frankly retarded , but it's hard to look chic encased in plastic,foam,leather and kelvar.

http://www.houndsicehockey.org/Images/Hockey%20Equipment2.jpg

The_Martinator
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM

The American networks actually tried something like that in the past.The had some technology where there was a big black circle around the puck so that the casual fan could better follow the action.They even tweaked it to put a little flame trail on shots over a certain velocity.:pinch:
All I can tell you is that it was incredibly stupid in that particular way that only things created by people with no concept of what they are actually dealing with can be incredibly stupid.
That and no hockey fan beyond those of the most causal level has any problem following the puck.

Also the outer hockey uniforms aren't the most appealing/best designed , the "pants " are frankly retarded , but it's hard to look chic encased in plastic,foam,leather and kelvar.

Lol, didn't know that. So are Canadians born with the ability to follow the puck?

j2k4
03-02-2010, 10:52 PM
That and no hockey fan beyond those of the most causal level has any problem following the puck.

Lol, didn't know that. So are Canadians born with the ability to follow the puck?

Only the "causal" ones - that's what I hear.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Some are more causal than others.