PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect to My PS3 via Wireless

EyeCandy
03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I have a wireless network, through a Linksys router. which I am trying to connect my PS3 to. I hit easy, select the correct network, goes through everything.I keep getting "the attempt to obtain an IP address timed out." at the very end.

There is no WEP Key, or security at the moment, just starting with the bare basics...just trying to connect...

FYI: I live in an apartment complex, and I was able to hop on a few unsecured networks (so ....but it seems they are gone....so whats wrong with my brand new out of the box router...

Router Model: BEFW11S4 V.4 (Firmware upgraded)
PS3: Slim Model

killuminati96
03-02-2010, 09:24 PM
You might need to log onto your router from your pc, get into the settings (read the book it came with to find out how), and make sure wireless is checked. I've seen brand new ones with that option unchecked by default, which is pretty stupid.

SonsOfLiberty
03-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I have a wireless network, through a Linksys router. which I am trying to connect my PS3 to. I hit easy, select the correct network, goes through everything.I keep getting "the attempt to obtain an IP address timed out." at the very end.

There is no WEP Key, or security at the moment, just starting with the bare basics...just trying to connect...

FYI: I live in an apartment complex, and I was able to hop on a few unsecured networks (so ....but it seems they are gone....so whats wrong with my brand new out of the box router...

Router Model: BEFW11S4 V.4 (Firmware upgraded)
PS3: Slim Model

Mine has no security either, and you have to have IP to manual on PS3, and set it to a set IP, but a IP that no other "device will use"...this is the way I had to set mine up.

It still gave me a NAT 3 (I gave up, I'm connected good enough I don't play online, I just want it for updates)

http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

You can still follow that at least to connect, it took me forever :lol: Make sure to restart PS3/Router have alot of changes.

If you do not like the info above, use your queston this: Can't Connect to My PS3 via Linksys Wireless

And you will see a billion hits with people with the same issues and how to fix....

Also, I think I read the PS3 manual to intially set mine up, but the NAT 3 still pisses me off, so I said fuck, like I said I just want it online for updats

xXHD-LoverXx
03-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, try what SonsOfLiberty said. Give your PS3 a static I.P address. It should tell you how to do it in your router's manual. Also try putting your PS3 in DMZ mode. See if that helps. Good luck! :)

EyeCandy
03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Well, I figured out the problem...

It had to do with that the UPNP wasn't enabled...enabled that, and good to go...