PDA

View Full Version : x264 with seedbox question.

Tv Controls you
03-02-2010, 04:08 AM
My coworker needed some help with his x264 ratio, so I said I'll help you out on my seedbox (seeing as I don't have an x264 account, so it wouldn't interfere with my sites)

I have the torrent seeding currently but he said I may need to sign onto his account (actual website) on my seedbox to get credit for the upload.
I just started seeding around 5 minutes ago, I just think he has to wait a little, but he seems to have read some weird thing in the Faq that states that I should log in on his account and actually download the torrent file for him to get credit.

Although I strongly doubt it can any x264 users confirm this weird torrent download system.

Artemis
03-02-2010, 04:21 AM
If you don't have an a/c with X264 how do you have the torrent seeding currently ?

A
03-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Cant find any such rule.I say wait for sometime,the stats will update.

@Artemis
His friend must have sent him .torrent file via DCC/mail :P

Tv Controls you
03-02-2010, 04:24 AM
If you don't have an a/c with X264 how do you have the torrent seeding currently ?

He gave me the .torrent file to seed for him.

He thinks that:
I need to sign on to x264
search for the torrent
download it
and then seed from the same computer

In order to receive credit.

I am like 99.9% sure he is wrong because come to think of it then the download wouldn't be recorded either. So I could just download every torrent he sent me for free lol.
He called me on the phone reading some Faq about computer A and computer B seeding at the same time etc.

ca_aok
03-02-2010, 04:25 AM
If they have a passkey system, no. If they still have the archaic IP restriction system, then yes (and in which case, the data files wouldn't have even successfully downloaded).

snagit
03-02-2010, 04:26 AM

Yeah, I agree. Perhaps your co-worker misread something or isn't understanding fully. :)

Tv Controls you
03-02-2010, 04:29 AM

Yeah, I agree. Perhaps your co-worker misread something or isn't understanding fully. :)

Wouldn't be surprised I think he was the idiot who's account I got linked with when I got banned at what.cd lol.
The poor man can't even open his ports.

And ca_aok I have it seeding right now, already got 500mb up. I think he needs a pair of reading glasses myself.

Pozarynicoeta
03-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Ask him if in x264's FAQ page if it uses a passkey system for downloading. If it does then it should be fine to just give you a torrent.

Other torrent sites like Demonoid just remember the IP you downloaded from and link your torrent to your IP address.

The first method however is more common for private trackers.

awaited
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Ask him if he sees anything under currently leeching: &seeding:
If he can see the torrent that ur dling/uploading, then he definately needs a pair of glasses:yup:

anon
03-02-2010, 04:53 PM
If they have a passkey system, no. If they still have the archaic IP restriction system, then yes

Some sites use "secure logins", which require you to login to the tracker with the same IP you're going to leech/seed with regardless of using passkeys or not. But usually you're notified of this in the tracker status message, and this is also toggleable in the profile page.

Tv Controls you
03-02-2010, 07:33 PM
He is getting the upload added to his ratio.

He just need a pair of specs lol. And some patience....

Problem solved!