PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Movies With Vdub Mp3,

D!mensio_x
10-21-2003, 01:04 AM
:ph34r: Hi guys,

well I have a question. I just started to use Virtualdub MP3 Freeze for fixing avi's and it works great. But whenever I use it to check a xvid movie for freezes, the program keeps crashing and I have to close it. Every time I get the error "Vdub Mp3 freeze caused an error in xvid.dll". This happened to me on two different computers. I have installed the Kazaalite codec pack 2.03full. Can anyone explain to me what's happening here and what's more important how to fix this??? Thanks.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

quiksilver_aus
10-21-2003, 02:33 AM
Never had that problem, Vdub mp3 works fine for me.
Does the error occur right at the beginning of the search for freezes or once it finds one?

D!mensio_x
10-21-2003, 09:35 AM
:ph34r: No, it doesn't crash right at the beginning and it's not always at the same time. It could be that it crashes once it encounters a freeze in the xvid movie, but there's no way of checking, because there isn't a log at that time, so I'm not sure. :(

SMID
10-22-2003, 12:53 AM
D!mensio_x

Vdub freeze has always worked for me.
But try vdubMPEG2 AC£ 1.5.4
It has scan video stream for errors. It might work.

D!mensio_x
10-22-2003, 10:01 AM
:ph34r: Do you know any place where I can get that? :ph34r:

ck-uk
10-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah mate you could tri a different vdub. .I've tried quite a few versions and some are just useless.The one i find the best is this version...never had a single prob with it.

virtualdubmod_1_4_13_2.

SMID
10-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Goto dvdrhelp.com/tools

Near bottom of list is vdub section.

If no good let me know and i will hash the one ive got

D!mensio_x
10-23-2003, 10:35 PM
:ph34r: I suspect the crashing of Vdub Mp3 occurs because of some corrupt data in the xvid files. I will try to download the section where Vdub Mp3 crashes again with help of KCF and then try again to scan for freezes. Just to see what will happen then.

Thanks for your help anyways and I will keep you posted on the progress.

D!mensio_x
10-29-2003, 11:12 PM
I suspect the crashing of Vdub Mp3 occurs because of some corrupt data in the xvid files. I will try to download the section where Vdub Mp3 crashes again with help of KCF and then try again to scan for freezes. Just to see what will happen then.

Hi guys,

well I've tried the above and it seems that Vdub MP3 crashed because of the corruptions in the xvid movie file. I have redownloaded the corrupted frames with KCF and now Vdub MP3 doesn't crash anymore. I now have a perfect copy of the movie "Basic". Thanks for all the help.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.