HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITMETV.

BITMETV IS 5 YEARS OLD!!

:hbd:

ElitUser
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Is it He or She ?

X-Files
03-03-2010, 10:21 AM
any good news from site? like giving all member 100invites or 1tb upload gb?

soulreaper
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM

If those stingy buggers give even 1gb as upload credit to all members, I'd consider it a miracle.

db_la_23
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
ya i agree

Shlesers
03-03-2010, 12:45 PM
"STAY TUNED FOR SURPRISES!!" :shifty:

dvdasacd
03-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Congrats BMTV!!! a major achievement for any tracker!

aly13
03-03-2010, 02:15 PM
"STAY TUNED FOR SURPRISES!!" :)

Im very impatient and curious to see...

X-Files
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
what curious? nothing to see :(

AdrianPhoto
03-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Nop. BitmeTV is so cheap tracker!!

susiserken
03-03-2010, 03:50 PM
good for them.

Zac090
03-03-2010, 04:14 PM

If those stingy buggers give even 1gb as upload credit to all members, I'd consider it a miracle.

lol,staff's best friend eh? :shifty:

Rart
03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
like giving all member 100invites or 1tb upload gb?

You want... one terabyte of gigabytes? That is one hell of a lot of upload...:unsure:

Theoretically the lack of bonus upload/freeleech keeps users seeding and increases the retention of the files. At the same time however, it sure makes the site a giant pain in the ass to seed at :dabs:.

anon
03-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Congratulations, I guess. :P

IdolEyes787
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITMETV.

BITMETV IS 5 YEARS OLD!!

Applicable term (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-congratulation)

System
03-03-2010, 05:55 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITMETV. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/hbd.gif

ExtraDry
03-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Happy Birthday 5 years Old in today's World of BT, quite a achievement

dagg3r
03-04-2010, 12:58 AM
thatz one helluva achievement. Go BitmeTV !

wenjiangui
03-04-2010, 03:25 AM
i love that place ,even i don't get in there

pentomato
03-04-2010, 03:26 AM
In their page they say there would be surprises.

ifeelit
03-04-2010, 03:28 AM
I think there's freeleech and irc open signup

snagit
03-04-2010, 03:48 AM

Any proof of that? :unsure:

Hombre
03-04-2010, 04:04 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITMETV.

BITMETV IS 5 YEARS OLD!!

/me is unzipping the pants.

Cabalo
03-04-2010, 04:06 AM

:unsure: that makes perfect sense.

ifeelit
03-04-2010, 07:46 AM

Any proof of that? :unsure:

No, just my thinking

PancakeWaffles
03-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Meh, if only they didn't suck so bad in my opinion I would care more. BTM is getting it''s ass kicked by BTN and if you know your alhpabet BTO will kick BTN's ass eventually.

Zac090
03-04-2010, 12:34 PM

Awesome,I feel the same about Skittles and Revolt :blink:

IdolEyes787
03-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Meh, if only they didn't suck so bad in my opinion I would care more. BTM is getting it''s ass kicked by BTN and if you know your alhpabet BTO will kick BTN's ass eventually.

That's where I was going wrong, I hadn't realized that file-sharing was a competition*.:unsure:

BTO = Bachman- Turner Overdrive .A couple of infectious tunes but their musicianship wasn't worth shit.

*yes I know one of the fundamental laws of nature is that everything is a competition but I was making the point that ,in this particular case , I don't care.

Zac090
03-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I hadn't realized that file-sharing was a competition*.:unsure:

If you* are spending 100$ every month buying servers and sh*t,just to make sure you get a TB uploaded before anyone else,it probably is.

*You here implies to a buffer maniac or a seedwhore

soulreaper
03-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Awesome,I feel the same about Skittles and Revolt :blink:

Me too!:lol:

anon
03-04-2010, 04:34 PM

:unsure: that makes perfect sense.

Agreed. :lol:

Cabalo
03-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I hadn't realized that file-sharing was a competition*.:unsure:

If you* are spending 100$ every month buying servers and sh*t,just to make sure you get a TB uploaded before anyone else,it probably is.

*You here implies to a buffer maniac or a seedwhore

Absolutely correct. Bt is a competition nowadays, that "communities-stay-together" speech is long gone and obsolete.

Vinceftw
03-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Happy birthday bmtv :clown:
the only english tv-tracker i ever needed after the closure of my favourite german one -.-
And say what you want, even Tvip was nice to me :) (in his own way ofc :P )

Quarterquack
03-04-2010, 08:03 PM
That "communities-stay-together" speech is long gone and obsolete.

Couldn't agree more. It's become a game instead of a way to grab your favorite files.

MarioXXL
03-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Happy birthday

JakeSully
03-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Happy day bitmetv , hope you open for registration

X-Files
03-06-2010, 02:59 AM
benn waited for long now..when the surprise, and what they give?

soulreaper
03-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Surprise would probably be a 1/8 leech when noone catches it.

thisguy
03-06-2010, 04:06 AM
so far they have done nothing for there birthday, i was really hoping for some free leech

Quarterquack
03-06-2010, 04:17 AM
I would have really gotten mad if they made it freeleech. I just downloaded like 12GB of material over the past week. :P

EDIT: Not saying I would mind freeleech, no I'd probably end up downloading 12 more, I'm just saying I'd be annoyed that I didn't wait for it.

thisguy
03-06-2010, 04:25 AM
just give 1 FL torrent to each member maybe, i would be satisfied with that

X-Files
03-06-2010, 04:29 AM
just give 1 FL torrent to each member maybe, i would be satisfied with that

i not! :angry:

puckface
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Everyone wants everything for free nowadays.

PerMaFrOsT
03-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Nice! I just got an invitation and likely is going to be a Freeleech. Happy, Happy Birthday BitmeTV :D

thisguy
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
its not that people want everything for free, i have a seedbox i donate, but 1 thing free a month or at all its highly appreciated sometimes... oh and happy birthday bitmetv =)

IdolEyes787
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM

No but when a site comes out with a big announcement they have put the onus on themselves to deliver something noteworthy.Just my perception but in cases like this few (if any) ever do.
I mean new stylesheets ( or whatever they are called) and invites are all well and good but they are more about the site itself than the members ( except for traders of course who I'm sure are overjoyed to get more "currency")

Also how sad that freeleech is viewed as some big reward when the ability for people to share content without consequence should be the goal of every tracker shouldn't it?

puckface
03-06-2010, 02:34 PM

No but when a site comes out with a big announcement they have put the onus on themselves to deliver something noteworthy.Just my perception but in cases like this few (if any) ever do.
I mean new stylesheets ( or whatever they are called) and invites are all well and good but they are more about the site itself than the members ( except for traders of course who I'm sure are overjoyed to get more "currency")

Also how sad that freeleech is viewed as some big reward when the ability for people to share content without consequence should be the goal of every tracker shouldn't it?

I agree with you, I was just doing my usual thing. But actually, since its their birthday, shouldnt we have to give them gigs, instead of them giving us freeleeech? Just sayin, you dont buy everyone gifts on your birthday do you? :)

Villalltheway
03-06-2010, 03:59 PM

So true.

Seed boxs have killed this notion, if u dont have one u have to seed stuff for a year and build a small buffer before u can even start to think of leeching again.

IdolEyes787
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM

So true.

Seed boxs have killed this notion, if u dont have one u have to seed stuff for a year and build a small buffer before u can even start to think of leeching again.

It's not just seedboxes, unlike when a ratio system became more or less the norm on private trackers people has widely different upload/download speeds.The playing field is no longer very level and most trackers out of laziness, lack of vision or simply not caring have failed to adapt to the present reality and in the process needlessly alienated or marginalized some very good people .

I agree with you, I was just doing my usual thing. But actually, since its their birthday, shouldnt we have to give them gigs, instead of them giving us freeleeech? Just sayin, you dont buy everyone gifts on your birthday do you? :)

Unless you're a hobbit.

lysine
03-13-2010, 05:09 AM

exactly, 10 days later an nothing has materialized. why even bother making an announcement when they're not going to follow through with it in a timely manner.

Vinceftw
03-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I guess its just nothing as simple as a freeleech.
Who would need that anyways? :P

anon
03-13-2010, 05:03 PM
On a tracker like BitMeTV, freeleech helps a lot with ratio-keeping... :ermm:

kurdt
03-13-2010, 06:39 PM

i'm sure you know this already. but just in case. easiest way to build up ratio there is to cross seed (works well with SD releases) and partial seed (works well with HD releases) torrents as soon as they are released.

On a different note. Why do they take so long after their birthday to celebrate? At TL they had something like that too. It was a birthday, they said something like "will there be parties, yes there will" and then nothing came of it.

IdolEyes787
03-13-2010, 06:43 PM
i'm sure you know this already. but just in case. easiest way to build up ratio there is to cross seed (works well with SD releases) and partial seed (works well with HD releases) torrents as soon as they are released.

Kind of defeats the whole point of belonging to the site then though doesn't it?
I mean one you're not even getting the file from BMTV and the other you aren't exactly doing your part in sharing content.:unsure:

kurdt
03-13-2010, 06:55 PM

Kind of defeats the whole point of belonging to the site then though doesn't it?
I mean one you're not even getting the file from BMTV and the other you aren't exactly doing your part in sharing content.:unsure:

only to some extent, and only as to those particular files. once you get the buffer, you use that to get other files and especially packs quickly and easily from bmtv. you also get access to higher class forums. for some it might not be worth it. for others it is. it's not black and white.

IdolEyes787
03-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Or you could just stop being a slave to stupidity and join TVTorrents:idunno:

kurdt
03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Or you could just stop being a slave to stupidity and join TVTorrents:idunno:

yes tvtorrents is very good. but different...for different needs. like tvtorrents has nothing to compare with bmtv vip forum, for example, and the shows show up on tvt later than on bmtv. it's just different things for different purposes. using one, or both for that matter, is not "stupidity."

edit: but back on topic, what's the deal with the surprises? and why are they taking so long?

Quarterquack
03-13-2010, 11:23 PM
tvtorrents has nothing to compare with bmtv vip forum

We must be seeing two entirely different BMTV VIP forums, because the one I'm seeing is nothing out of the ordinary.

IdolEyes787
03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
What's in the VIP forum that's so special?All I see is the usual topics accessible to any user in any normal forum added the self-congratulatory thread.
And what different purposes? Downloading shows that you otherwise might not have access to you can do at both albeit with less of an ego boost at TVT.
As the the stupidity part it was a comment on the necessity of wasting your time and bandwidth downloading things you have no interest in to boost your stats or worse still being ( imho) a truly bad member and partial seeding or cross-seeding for your personal benefit with not a thought that you might adversely be effecting anyone else's ratio in the process.
Lastly contrary to your apparent opinion life isn't about how fast you can "get" anything ,rather it is about pleasure given to the process .I don't see any pleasure in worrying about if I get on a torrent quickly enough or if I need to use dubious processes to ensure a healthy buffer after doing so.

kurdt
03-14-2010, 07:26 AM
What's in the VIP forum that's so special?All I see is the usual topics accessible to any user in any normal forum added the self-congratulatory thread.
And what different purposes? Downloading shows that you otherwise might not have access to you can do at both albeit with less of an ego boost at TVT.
As the the stupidity part it was a comment on the necessity of wasting your time and bandwidth downloading things you have no interest in to boost your stats or worse still being ( imho) a truly bad member and partial seeding or cross-seeding for your personal benefit with not a thought that you might adversely be effecting anyone else's ratio in the process.
Lastly contrary to your apparent opinion life isn't about how fast you can "get" anything ,rather it is about pleasure given to the process .I don't see any pleasure in worrying about if I get on a torrent quickly enough or if I need to use dubious processes to ensure a healthy buffer after doing so.

i never claimed to know what life is about. at least not for you. for me, it is definitely not about writing lengthy rebuttals on the internet, so I won't.

i am glad you are enjoying tvt. that's all that is important. I am enjoying what i am doing. everyone has different needs, hopes and aspirations. everyone enjoys different things. let's all try and respect each other's differences rather than bash them. we don't need an ego boost that bashing others gives that badly, do we?

IdolEyes787
03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Lengthy?Is this what the internet has degraded to that a hundred or so words is considered lengthy?
As for my comments I was merely trying to impress on other people that certain concepts that you are presenting here might be ill-advised,short -sighted and/or selfish . That is my view at least and this being a forum setup to ( hopefully ) allow differing opinions to be expressed , and considering I am very much against the practice of partial seeding( of anything that isn't a pack )among other things that you championed here I thought I would post a counterpoint.I am sorry if you view that as some sort of ego-boosting personal attack .
I think if I desired to personally attack you or boost my ego I could find far better ways to do either.

Sorry for the length again .To make it more palatable in the future I will try to limit myself to lol and a happy face.

QPD
03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
:lol:

Quarterquack
03-14-2010, 02:54 PM
lol :)

Vinceftw
03-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Well yeah, but its not really needed.
Do interesting vip-forums exist anywhere btw? I guess that depends on what interests you though .. :P (thinking of people that obviously find it interesting to post in those awful spam threads)
On the other hand posting with eg. an ftn avatar in the rate the avatar above you thread on scc is quite funny :D
How do you like the bday surprises so far?
/me likes them :)

IdolEyes787
03-19-2010, 10:26 PM
On the other hand posting with eg. an ftn avatar in the rate the avatar above you thread on scc is quite funny :D

Yeah when someone does that I can barely contain myself. :unsure:

me likes them:)

Like most tracker birthday/anniversary "surprises" it is just an upgrade to certain features and is about improving the tracker and not ( as hinted at ) have truly anything to do with a birthday/anniversary or rewarding the members with anything.
Personally I couldn't care less if they "give" anybody anything but I hate when people ( staff that are simply improving the site - which forgive me if I'm mistaken is their job and members too apparently stupid to see the difference) crow like they actually have.

DKre8ive1
03-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Happy Birthday BitmeTV and congrats to Ibslice and the rest of the staff on keeping the site afloat for this long and may there be many more birthday's in the future for you guys. :cheers:

fairtrader
03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
BMTV is a bitch to seed.

I really like BTN in comparison.:\

Shlesers
03-22-2010, 08:06 AM
^And how this post refers to the "Happy B-day BMTV"? :unsure:

I don't understand these ppl's who says that BMTV is bitch to seed. Well, maybe it's bit hard, but everyone knows that and you should think twice before you accept an invite. It's stupid to complain about that after you got invited... :pinch:

Dr.Horrible
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM

ya i agree

So true.

Probably why they gave out some gigs rather than a freeleech that would be raped by seedboxes.

exactly, 10 days later an nothing has materialized. why even bother making an announcement when they're not going to follow through with it in a timely manner.
Because as it was posted in their forums - the announcement did not coincide with the OFFICIAL start date of bitmetv.

On a tracker like BitMeTV, freeleech helps a lot with ratio-keeping...
Well yeah, but its not really needed.

Vinceftw likes them

I think anon-sbi was being sarcastic but it is nice to see someone with a positive attitude like vince rather than the flamers

Yeah when someone does that I can barely contain myself.

me likes them

Like most tracker birthday/anniversary "surprises" it is just an upgrade to certain features and is about improving the tracker and not ( as hinted at ) have truly anything to do with a birthday/anniversary or rewarding the members with anything.
Personally I couldn't care less if they "give" anybody anything but I hate when people ( staff that are simply improving the site - which forgive me if I'm mistaken is their job and members too apparently stupid to see the difference) crow like they actually have.

Nothing would have been done for the birthday if staff didn't push VERY hard to have them done according to the admins I spoke to in irc. Sounds like you are assuming and are very very wrong.

Well from what I can see according to the posts vs surprises - a lot of posters are now eating their words.
I much prefer something done than nothing and I think the slot and ratio boosts were a good idea as they were not seedbox orientated. A nice and original idea that was much fairer than any freeleech.

J-dye
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
happy birthday to yoooo .. happy birth day to yoooooooo ... happy birthday to yoooooooooo

tikikikikikikikikiki

IdolEyes787
03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Nothing would have been done for the birthday if staff didn't push VERY hard to have them done according to the admins I spoke to in irc. Sounds like you are assuming and are very very wrong.

Well from what I can see according to the posts vs surprises - a lot of posters are now eating their words.
I much prefer something done than nothing and I think the slot and ratio boosts were a good idea as they were not seedbox orientated. A nice and original idea that was much fairer than any freeleech.

You're joking right?
Now I'm sure this will come out sounding like I am a totally ungrateful slob but 5 GB for 5 years on a site that eats GBs for breakfast?
As I said I am not blind to the time ,effort and commitment put into the site and I am ,your perception to the contrary ,not ungrateful for anything they do for the members.
The whole point, the only point ,that I was trying to make here is that it shouldn't be presented as some big incredibly generous end all be all when it isn't.
If I ( and it's not going to happen) ran a site like that and was giving similar credit I would have made a simple understated announcement "Hey it's our birthday here's 5 GB for everyone (and some junk that is simple site upgrade and not a "present " at all ) for supporting the site.Thanks."
Instead of acting like it was the second coming of Jesus H Christ.

Like I said I'm sure you and others will no doubt take this the wrong way and if you do there is nothing I can do about it but I think if I tell someone I know that I have a amazing birthday present for them in a couple weeks and then the day comes and I go "Look the city painted the bus you ride on ,Happy Birthday".Good intent or not I'm still a bit of an ass aren't I ?

Quarterquack
03-25-2010, 01:46 PM
The slots are a welcome addition, though. I can't even recall how many times I noticed people complaining about how they need more slots on the forums.

IdolEyes787
03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Yes but aren't more upload slots equally beneficial to the tracker as the member?

Bobz
03-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Yes but aren't more upload slots equally beneficial to the tracker as the member?

yes it helps the tracker since things stay seeded longer but it helps the non-seedbox owner the most since now they can seed more older torrents instead of having to delete old ones to get the new ones. For Elite members they can now pretty much seed everything on their computer instead of just a select few and have the others just sitting there. Slots are by far the best thing so far out of the surprises