PDA

View Full Version : Now that I'm free of my router, NO IPV6 tunnel at all! WTF?

VBart
03-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Guys, this is really frustrating. :huh:

I have been using IPv6 Usenet servers for a couple of years now, specially HE IPv6 which tunnels ROCK despite of being free.

I used to have my modem attached to a wifi router and my PC getting online through this router only. EVERYTHING WORKED JUST LIKE A CHARM. Now I have another independent ISP connection / modem and decided to plug this other modem's cable straight to my on board LAN card in order to get more speed.

NO GOOD, BAD IDEA. Despite creating a new tunnel, despite deleting all previous settings from the older tunnel connection, Windows still tries to connect through the wifi card and since the router is gone I get no connection at all.

These are the command lines I type @ cmd prompt after setting my IPv6 tunnel in order to set my tunnels:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1118 connectaddress=newszilla6.xs4all.nl connectport=119
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1117 connectaddress=reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl connectport=119

Then, only if I turn the router on and connect to it through the wirelesse card I can telnet 127.0.0.1 on ports 1117 and 1118. Once the router is shut down I get the "Connection lost" error, despite the other modem is connected to the LAN card.

What the hell is this??

EDIT

HOLLY SHIT! I did it!

The thing is that there were TONS of forwarding routes stored ath the ipv6routes table. I had to get rid of each one of them, one by one and TCHAN!

Now I can telnet AND have pleny access to the telnet servers.

JustDOSE
03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
buy a usenet service, stop being a leech.

whiteboy
03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Yah its much better just to pay the damn $11

What kind of speeds are you getting???

zot
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm surprised that a free 'test' server (presumably w/binaries)would be available for as long as two years.

stillwaiting
03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
okay.good to know.