PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best NZB site?

Sharkman2
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Im a member of NZB Matrix and I have to say it's pretty good. Is there any other NZB Sites that are just as good and maybe better? How does Newzbin.com hold up?

c0ld
03-05-2010, 06:30 PM
:)

Newzbin is way better.

Skiz
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Just look at the very first thread in this section. :dabs:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-nzb-indexing-sites-396406

Sharkman2
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM

Newzbin is way better.

Is Newzbin a much larger community than NZB Matrix? What makes Newzbin so much better?

c0ld
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Lots of things make it better. Its front & backend systems mainly though. Nzbmatrix is just a (poorly) categorised file dump.

Cabalo
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM

Newzbin is way better.

Maybe hold that opinion a couple of weeks longer, until we get to see how their trial ends up.
Unfortunately, I don't hold high expectations on the result.

phauk
03-05-2010, 07:57 PM

Newzbin is way better.

Maybe hold that opinion a couple of weeks longer, until we get to see how their trial ends up.

Anyone ever tell you look like sylvester stallone? lol..

c0ld
03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately, this is a British court ruling, so if they lose the MPA will go after NZBmatrix with a win under their belt. Both indexes are in the UK afaik. Nzbmatrix would have a weaker case too, as the don't list discussion groups.

Skiz
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Newzbin is way better.

I would surmise they would just relocate their server if they lost. Isn't that what trackers do? :unsure:

Cabalo
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM

I would surmise they would just relocate their server if they lost. Isn't that what trackers do? :unsure:

It's a bit different. After all they are a company, and trackers aren't.
When there's a company, someone owns it (typically) and someone is accountable for their actions. Besides, they are already identified, and disobeying a court order is something I don't think they are willing to try.

Rart
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Newzbin is way better.

Is Newzbin a much larger community than NZB Matrix? What makes Newzbin so much better?

I've never found anything at Newzbin that I couldn't find at other, free sites. I just don't see the point of paying a monthly fee for more of the same thing.

Any of the sites in the thread skiz linked to will provide you the exact same, if not more content then Newzbin, especially due to higher retention.

Not to mention any of the legal issues surrounding it atm.

whiteboy
03-05-2010, 09:21 PM
My favorite is Merlins

Skiz
03-05-2010, 09:33 PM
My favorite is Merlins

I like the retention and sometimes selection that MP offers, but I despise the manner in which they display content.

They don't use scene names as titles and the descriptions in the browse pages are ambiguous to say the least. The majority of NZBs there also do not have nfo files posted so you never know what you're getting. I've downloaded movies from there before that ended up being in other languages with no audio option to change the language to English. I went back and looked at the submission and there was no mention of it being in German in the title, in the description, or in the nfo (which wasn't provided). You have to pay very close attention to what you download from there.

c0ld
03-05-2010, 09:38 PM

I've never found anything at Newzbin that I couldn't find at other, free sites.Same could be said about matrix, it's not free after all. Excluding them two, you have nzbindex.nl which is probably the best auto indexer. But, you lack many many features on them, hence why most people pay for a service.

Rart
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
That's why there's NZBsrus, Merlins Portal, and NZBs(dot)org, which yet again, all do the same thing as Newzbin, for free. NZBs(dot)org is extremely thorough and the retention is pretty high, personally it's one of my favorites.

And of course any of the multiple indexing sites that use a forum design as well, although I don't really prefer that format.

c0ld
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I used to use nzbs.org for my TV feed. It's extremely quick. I did have to create a lot of reject rules for dvdrips and even then would get the occasional series dump downloaded, but it was usable. It is good in general for new scene releases in fact. Anything else though, it's just a bad as the next.

Sharkman2
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the info, Just found out more NZB sites! Much Appreciated!!!

c0ld
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I've never found anything at Newzbin that I couldn't find at other, free sites.
Ok, give me a list of as many sci-fi xvid movies as possible.:D

captive
03-09-2010, 10:15 AM
i like matrix myself, but of late nzbs.org is coming a close second, as for newzbin..i still do not understand the big deal.

bonkers
03-09-2010, 06:23 PM
theres nothing wrong with the nzb section in this forum as far as im aware i always have a look here first before trying several others mentioned

zot
03-12-2010, 03:43 AM
There is no *best* NZB site. All have their strengths and weaknesses. To find rare material, I often need to employ several NZB sites and search engines until I find what I need. (and often torrent, Ed2K, rapidshare, etc sites as well)

Binsearch is a lot better now that they've recently doubled retention, but I've noticed that a lot of stuff is missing in the 300-600 day range compared to other sites like nzbs.org and nzbclub. I suspect that when Binsearch recently pulled the 300-600 day headers (presumably from Giganews) a lot of the files had already been removed [per DMCA takedown] as they sat on Giganews servers for nearly a year. Those same files missing from Binsearch were present on other long-retention search engines like NZBclub and other (non-Giganews/non-Highwinds) usenet providers.

Cabalo
03-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I've been using this site as a primary instance for my downloads, and use merlins when looking for something quite old. Haven't had the need to use any other so far. (besides NZBindex.nl for manual searches).

chakara
03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
How can you say that sites like NZBMatrix don't do more than binsearch or NZB(dot)org ?

When something is uploaded in files names X45679MKKL.rar, you won't find them with those sites but you will on NZBMatrix because the name of the actual content is referenced.
This mostly concerns movies (DVD).

whiteboy
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I've been using this site as a primary instance for my downloads, and use merlins when looking for something quite old. Haven't had the need to use any other so far. (besides NZBindex.nl for manual searches).
I do the same thing, this site is great for most things 0day, between this site and Merlins and nzbindex I get most of what I need.

But I do have some specialty sites for full BD's.

c0ld
03-13-2010, 10:39 AM
How can you say that sites like NZBMatrix don't do more than binsearch or NZB(dot)org ?

When something is uploaded in files names X45679MKKL.rar, you won't find them with those sites but you will on NZBMatrix because the name of the actual content is referenced.

In order for it (X45679MKKL.rar) to have got on matrix, someone would have had to have found it on one of the auto-indexers, supersearch or raw headers, then downloaded it, and then uploaded the nzb to matrix with a description.

Not only is it rare that the file would show up on any search of an auto indexer, it would be unlikely that someone would download it just with the aim of discovering what it is.

I'd guess that those vaguely named files are incredibly rare on matrix.

chakara
03-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, I was looking for The Pacific and no passworded upload, went to nzbmatrix to get it.
Had 2 passworded download from binsearch before that :)

c0ld
03-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Well, I was looking for The Pacific and no passworded upload, went to nzbmatrix to get it.
Had 2 passworded download from binsearch before that :)

Posted 6 hours after the real release and not cross posted to teevee.

eta; and posted from hitnews instead of astraweb.

nanner
03-16-2010, 04:45 AM
i like matrix best. I bought newzbin for a couple months but dropped it when it ran out. matrix is extremely cheap.

SonsOfLiberty
03-17-2010, 06:53 AM

In order for it (X45679MKKL.rar) to have got on matrix, someone would have had to have found it on one of the auto-indexers, supersearch or raw headers, then downloaded it, and then uploaded the nzb to matrix with a description.

Not only is it rare that the file would show up on any search of an auto indexer, it would be unlikely that someone would download it just with the aim of discovering what it is.

It's only because a member of Matrix is a member of the "origianl uploaders site" and knew the "file names and/or password" to go along with it, and in NZBMatrix rules it says you can't take NZBs from there site and upload elsewhere, but you can take NZB's from other sites and upload to "theres" please by all means... :yup: I mean isn't that what most of these so "called" NZB index sites do...you can say look at Matrix index and then go to some sites (not NZBsRus or NZBs.org/B4E/Usenet4all) and see post by post match of the same exact file....hell there is this private NZB site I know where the front page looks like Matrix's front page and I'm thinking ffs, come on now, why upload there shit, who knows if it's passworded or what it says it is. :lol: :fst:

talon
03-17-2010, 06:30 PM

It's only because a member of Matrix is a member of the "origianl uploaders site" and knew the "file names and/or password" to go along with it, and in NZBMatrix rules it says you can't take NZBs from there site and upload elsewhere, but you can take NZB's from other sites and upload to "theres" please by all means... :yup: I mean isn't that what most of these so "called" NZB index sites do...you can say look at Matrix index and then go to some sites (not NZBsRus or NZBs.org/B4E/Usenet4all) and see post by post match of the same exact file....hell there is this private NZB site I know where the front page looks like Matrix's front page and I'm thinking ffs, come on now, why upload there shit, who knows if it's passworded or what it says it is. :lol: :fst:

Indeed :lol:

c0ld
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
"theres"*theirs

Sorry, I've been resisting the urge to correct that all day. It was just too much effort.:(

Lazy29
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
NZBsRus is pretty fast when it comes to getting new content. I found it better then nzbmatrix.

Solariz
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I've tried out most sites out there and stick mainly with 2

1.NZBsRus because I like the layout
2.Matrix because of higher retention and for some rather rare releases of foreign films.

chakara
04-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a question for you guys saying that paying for a nzb indexing site is BS.
The movie Nuremberg was just uploaded today under the name Nrmbrg.rar
How would you do to find it ? Are there sites that index uploaded content (even w/o nzbs) that would enable me to find those "hidden" uploads w/o using NZBmatrix ?

Because finding this particular upload with Binsearch or Newsleech isn't possible I think - or at least I can't see how, maybe you could help me with that.
At least 10 DVDs have been uploaded this way today and I wouldn't wanna miss them by leaving NZBmatrix (having my IP on such a site every day isn't something I really enjoy and it maight not be there forever). So I'm looking for a non-nzb site that would show those movies, and then I'd use binsearch to find the actual nzb.

c0ld
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I have a question for you guys saying that paying for a nzb indexing site is BS.
The movie Nuremberg was just uploaded today under the name Nrmbrg.rar
How would you do to find it ?

https://www.binsearch.info/?b=Nuremberg+%282000%29&g=alt.binaries.dvd&p=blablabla%40home.nl+%28momme040%29&max=250

Your welcome. ;)

chakara
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
This one is 516d old, I'm talking about a 13h old post :)

My question was not so much about that particular post, I was talking in general : how can I find non explicitly named content ?

nzb dot org doesn't seem to be enough either.

AllSewnUp
04-20-2010, 05:29 AM
NZBsRus is my favorite. I don't use anything else except a few torrent sites for HD/Bluray.