sharedholder
10-21-2003, 10:46 AM
What i need?Pc's and? :lol:

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 10:47 AM
coffee?? refreshments??? :lol: :lol:

sharedholder
10-21-2003, 10:49 AM
:lol: :lol: I'm serious because i'm going sick to work for anothers bad payd and humiliate.

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 06:49
:lol: :lol: I'm serious because i'm going sick to work for anothers bad payd and humiliate.
but most internet cafes are called forums :lol:

sharedholder
10-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Maybe Lamsey know what hardware i need. :)

james_bond_rulez
10-21-2003, 10:52 AM
how is internet cafe gonna make you any money?

you have to invest on computers that will depreciate over time

ppl stealing your half life cd keys... :-"

ppl using your internet connection to hack other computers...

lol

sharedholder
10-21-2003, 10:53 AM
I,m not interested what people's do with my pc's,here whre i live the internet cafe's are going very well.

james_bond_rulez
10-21-2003, 10:59 AM
where DO you live?

Lamsey
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
You'll need a network of PCs that you can lock down and limit permissions, etc. on.

You'll need a router and a lot of ethernet cabling, plus an ethernet hub.

You'll also need an high-speed broadband line which is legal to use for subleasing the connection.

Um... not sure about what else.. never been in an internet cafe so I don't know exactly how they work.

sharedholder
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Italy. Ok thanks Lamsey. :)

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 07:00
Italy. Ok thanks Lamsey. :)
wow they are doing good there then what the hell are you doing here man go start one and send a ticket for all of us so we can come there and get on the forum right there and chat http://www.klboard.ath.cx/html/emoticons/beerchug.gifhttp://www.klboard.ath.cx/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif

look to see how much a place will cost to lease, insurance, licence, etc.

remember location, location, location, are you going to charge for internet access

MusicChick
10-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 05:00
Italy.
Ah Italy. I bet its wonderful to live there. :)

sharedholder
10-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Yes,its beautiful when i open the Internet Cafe i would like to invite you MusicChick and Musleman of course. :)

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 07:12
Yes,its beautiful when i open the Internet Cafe i would like to invite you MusicChick and Musleman of course. :)
i only travel first class ofcourse :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharedholder
10-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+21 October 2003 - 11:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 21 October 2003 - 11:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 07:12
i only travel first class ofcourse :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]

http://www.latlong.com/images/animated/airplane.gif
I&#39;m thinking for this one,i don&#39;t know if you like it. :lol:
http://www.novagate.com/~jmartin/xtra.gif

j4y3m
10-21-2003, 11:26 AM
You&#39;ll Need A Cafe To Put All The Stuff Lamsey Said In ;)

james_bond_rulez
10-21-2003, 11:31 AM
you might consider wireless technology

a little more expansive but it will save you money and time in the long run.

those wireless nic cards are coming down in price everyday and i think it&#39;ll be worth it in an environment with so many computers.

BawA
10-21-2003, 11:56 AM
better to open game cafe
will we get all games for free and u dont need internet if it will cost u, iam planing for it.

just u need network cards HUb or switch and cables, if u but this all work on a network guy it will be better, me and ma teacher did all ma school network setting and trust me its easy to learn but difficult to set specialy the cables

zapjb
10-21-2003, 12:33 PM
First what about my invite. :o

Second I&#39;d look into leasing that equip. vs buying. Write up a business plan & get a partner. But make sure it&#39;s your contracts he&#39;s signing. NOT his contracts your signing.

GL. Let us know.

BTW, I&#39;ll come even if you only send me a coach ticket. :P

abu_has_the_power
10-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 10:46
What i need?Pc&#39;s and? :lol:
dude, no cafe&#39;s man... that&#39;s like crap. if u really got the dough, open a night club. i always wanted to open a night club. would be fun... since u gona have gang activity in internet cafe anyway, might as well add a couple 0&#39;s to ur income. lol

footballmad
10-21-2003, 02:52 PM
At the moment I&#39;m taking a networking course.

I live in Switzerland (I&#39;m English BTW) and early next year I might have some free time.

Would you like some help setting it all up ???

MetroStars
10-21-2003, 03:01 PM
i think it;s gr8 idea SH...

Give it a shot , even if u fail u can always look back and think i tried...

Lamsey
10-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@21 October 2003 - 11:09
look to see how much a place will cost to lease, insurance, licence, etc.

remember location, location, location, are you going to charge for internet access
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Musleman used a comma?&#33;

;) :P

Amarjit
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM
How many computers do you intend to have? First of all, a shop would be required, wouldn&#39;t it, or you could always convert your garage? :lol: Alot of thought into investments etc., would have to be undertaken of course, but I&#39;m sure there is a Dummies book for this ;). As for hardware requirements, it all comes down to your needs, like mentioned earlier, say a room with a dozen PCs, would obviously die out for high-speed internet access, otherwise nobody&#39;d visit your cafe :lol:, so a OC-3+ line would be a necessity (get ready to dish out the cash&#33;), then there would be the PCs themselves, a standard P4, ~2.0GHz+, ~384MB RAM, would be sufficient, otherwise people wouldn&#39;t bother using Durons that are as slow as a floppy disk. And of course, the most significant factor of all ... some coffee&#33;

Ariel_001
10-22-2003, 09:20 PM
to protect your computer try using this -> Deep Freeze - Complete Windows Protection (http://www.deepfreezeusa.com/)

Cygnuz-Y
10-22-2003, 10:04 PM
OMG i wonder how much electricity all those PC are going to consume :o

DWk
10-22-2003, 11:31 PM
pc&#39;s dont consume much electricity.... the lights in your computer DO... ;)

oh well anyways SH.... about software you can put.... if u wanna be "strict" on the time ppl stay in the cafe.....you can use a program called Netlimiter, with which you can limit the user to certain time of usage (after the time, it locks the computer).... it works by giving people user names and passwords...so they log on in this "lock-screen" and they access their time :D

dont have time right now for links.... but ill look for one later....

btw, are you just gonna put internet on the computers? like just internet access? cuz if ur talkin just this then hardware you could just put celeron 2.0 (yea being the pcs good) and 256 ram....which is enuff for internet access.... and not too expensive....

how many pcs are you thinkin of?

DWk

EDIT: sry the program name isnt NetLimiter its called NetTime. my bad :D :lol:

Cygnuz-Y
10-22-2003, 11:34 PM
pc&#39;s dont consume much electricity.... the lights in your computer DO...

Lol, the leds....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you could just put celeron 2.0 (yea being the pcs good) and 256 ram....which is enuff for internet access.... and not too expensive....

OMG everyone know that Duron processors outstand Celeron&#39;s perfomance (and price).... BUY DURON B)

footballmad
10-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by footballmad@21 October 2003 - 16:52
At the moment I&#39;m taking a networking course.

I live in Switzerland (I&#39;m English BTW) and early next year I might have some free time.

Would you like some help setting it all up ???
If you&#39;re serious about starting this then my offer still stands.

Let me know.

abu_has_the_power
10-22-2003, 11:38 PM
durons in internet cafe? huh? u need at least some kind of athlon. and u need superharddrives that hold lots of games. and u need... good vd cards...food,...more food,...garbage collecting service...hire some dude...maintenance...janitor...a lot of shit... and not nearly as much income as opening a night club. doesn&#39;t have to be big...

Cygnuz-Y
10-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@22 October 2003 - 23:38
durons in internet cafe? huh? u need at least some kind of athlon. and u need superharddrives that hold lots of games. and u need... good vd cards...food,...more food,...garbage collecting service...hire some dude...maintenance...janitor...a lot of shit... and not nearly as much income as opening a night club. doesn&#39;t have to be big...
Yes if you want to run Games on them B)

Evil Gemini
10-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Im also thinking about starting up an internet cafe.

Thats why me and my bro are doing this computer engineering course. (been 2 weeks into the second term and still not touched a computer yet :blink:

Their is a cafe close where i live and mos of the pc&#39;s are 800Mhz to 1ghz PC&#39;s with 256 to 512mb ram and geforce4 mx440 64mb cards in them.

I have noticed that in internet cafes, mainly the only games ppl play are, counter strike and warcraft 3.

I would just start with slow pc&#39;s like that and just install low spec games just like CS and warcraft 3 and some other lan games.

If you were going to build pc&#39;s that were inbetween 900Mhz to 1.3ghz with duron Processors, you will save some cash their and after a while, just upgrade the cpu&#39;s in them.

Then you have to think about health and safety regulations and shit like that and i think thats the most important thing.

hope you get one going.

hey_suburbia
10-23-2003, 01:59 AM
Have a Ms. Pacman cocktail table, you can&#39;t lose

DWk
10-23-2003, 02:07 AM
not if its only an internet cafe....

DWk

MUSLEMAN
10-23-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+21 October 2003 - 09:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 21 October 2003 - 09:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 10:46
What i need?Pc&#39;s and? :lol:
dude, no cafe&#39;s man... that&#39;s like crap. if u really got the dough, open a night club. i always wanted to open a night club. would be fun... since u gona have gang activity in internet cafe anyway, might as well add a couple 0&#39;s to ur income. lol [/b][/quote]
if you were paying attentions there, he said they are doing realy good where he is at so why not???

@lamsey i thought i was using too many till now roflmao :lol: :lol:

echidna
10-23-2003, 01:57 PM
don&#39;t use wireless LAN or windows as a NAT router, you&#39;ll get hacked and kiddies with laptops will steal your bandwidth,
conect your broadband only to one fast linux box running NAT routing and IPfilters,
and make all of the windows boxes access the [inter]network through it, you can let them network anywhich way LANwise but the gateway router is the only leash you&#39;ll have on this doggy
[you can keep almost all your security on that machine and be able to see what anyone is surfing, it&#39;s going to want to be fast.]
i agree that you shouldn&#39;t get a lot of current issue FAST computers,
gamers will only be some of your market, many customers will be folk without PCs and tourists who want to check their hotmail or whatever,
reasonably fast computers [800Mhz-1.2Ghz 128-256+RAM (not running XP)] will still be able to play some games while making money displaying emails and surfing when they&#39;re not gaming or when better gaming computers are demanded.
browser/email machines could be linux based making the OS free and potentially much harder to hack

people WILL try to take advantage;
DO NOT RELY ON MICRO&#036;OFT FOR SECURITY

Ariel_001
10-23-2003, 03:17 PM
don&#39;t use wireless LAN or windows as a NAT router, you&#39;ll get hacked and kiddies with laptops will steal your bandwidth,
conect your broadband only to one fast linux box running NAT routing and IPfilters,
and make all of the windows boxes access the [inter]network through it, you can let them network anywhich way LANwise but the gateway router is the only leash you&#39;ll have on this doggy
[you can keep almost all your security on that machine and be able to see what anyone is surfing, it&#39;s going to want to be fast.]
i agree that you shouldn&#39;t get a lot of current issue FAST computers,
gamers will only be some of your market, many customers will be folk without PCs and tourists who want to check their hotmail or whatever,
reasonably fast computers [800Mhz-1.2Ghz 128-256+RAM (not running XP)] will still be able to play some games while making money displaying emails and surfing when they&#39;re not gaming or when better gaming computers are demanded.
browser/email machines could be linux based making the OS free and potentially much harder to hack

people WILL try to take advantage;

It does not matter what os you are using. If it is not configured properly than it can be hacked (windows or linux). You should an os that you are good with and stick with it.

MUSLEMAN
10-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by echidna@23 October 2003 - 09:57
i resent that comments sir, as ms is one of the most secure companies out there and so is their software i mean just look at xp :lol:

nikita69
10-23-2003, 03:57 PM
If you&#39;re serious about opening your own Internet Cafe, you need to learn all you can about this unique business opportunity.

These are a few of the topics contained in the guide: Choosing the correct location, decor and design for your Café
What type of Food & beverage services you should offer
Managing a successful Espresso Bar
How to determine what to charge for computer time
What type of computer equipment to purchase, and setting up a network that works most efficiently for an Internet Cafe
Profit through peripheral equipment: printers, photocopying, faxing, scanners, telephone services & more
Add to your Cafe income offering computer and internet classes
How to properly promote your Cafe
How to make money with computer LAN and Internet gaming
Video conferencing, digital camera services, Resume services
How to configure remote e-mail access for travelers
Retail products opportunities
How to setup to traps for all those lettered organizations
Plus many more essential secrets to insure your success in the Cybercafe industry&#33;

MUSLEMAN
10-23-2003, 04:38 PM
you forgot #15

15. pay musleman and nikita 50% of the profit :lol:

footballmad
10-23-2003, 06:56 PM
By the way Sharedholder, where about&#39;s in Italy are you??

sharedholder
10-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by footballmad@23 October 2003 - 18:56
Tuscany (http://www.turismo.toscana.it/ttgg/htmle/ttidgge.htm)

DWk
10-23-2003, 08:03 PM
ah cool in Italy...didnt know that :o

now sh is cooler B)

DWk

ooo
10-23-2003, 09:45 PM
lol i live in ny and there r like 5 internet cafes around where i live...

i checked out there coms realli crap

--
dell mouses
833mhz 128mb ram
cheap keyboards
cheap cases (no cdrom or floppy drives)
20gb hard drive
cheap headphones
--

they installed some games

counter strike
starcraft
warcraft III
diablo
jedi
and a few others

n they got internet connectiong

thatz pretty much all... most of the internet cafes around me are like that and they compete to charge the least (right now &#036;1 buck and hour :P )

oh yea they got this lock downprogram lol anyone know how to generate a fake membership id?

footballmad
10-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder+23 October 2003 - 21:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 23 October 2003 - 21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-footballmad@23 October 2003 - 18:56
Tuscany (http://www.turismo.toscana.it/ttgg/htmle/ttidgge.htm) [/b][/quote]
I bet that the weather is better there than where I am. (http://www.lake-geneva-region.ch/)It snowed today.

A couple of my friends are Italian.One is from Lecce and the other from Brembilla.

I&#39;ve been to the north of Italy once and although it was nice it was also too much like Switzerland.

DWk
10-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by footballmad@23 October 2003 - 22:12
I&#39;ve been to the north of Italy once and although it was nice it was also too much like Switzerland.
lol what does that mean...

DWk

leonidas
10-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder+23 October 2003 - 20:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 23 October 2003 - 20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-footballmad@23 October 2003 - 18:56
Tuscany (http://www.turismo.toscana.it/ttgg/htmle/ttidgge.htm) [/b][/quote]
Ma che citta ?

you better setup your internet cafe near a touristic place in a wide avenue.

I&#39;m also pretty sure that you can can get dutty free hardware as you&#39;ll become a compagny owner.

If I were you I may also seek some information about Japan, I think it&#39;s the cheapest place to get second hand hardware as people throw up their hardware after 6 month to get something more performant.

Try to get a cheap flght if you can & go to a place named Akihabara ( I think it&#39;s in the suburbs of tokio).

I give you a tip if you don&#39;t want to pay fees at the airport: take a flight with a correspondance in a union european contry like in London for example, so you won&#39;t pay anything to the customs.

But still you must have a look on the hardware compatibility.

I know it sounds complicated, but if I would get the cheap flight I wouln&#39;t hesitate a minute.
Here is a link (in french) about that place: http://akiba.sorobangeeks.com/revue_7.html

footballmad
10-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DWk+25 October 2003 - 16:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 25 October 2003 - 16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-footballmad@23 October 2003 - 22:12

DWk [/b][/quote]
Just that I went there on holiday (my friends place) and the country and scenery were the same as where I live here. It&#39;s very mountainous &#33;&#33;

Even though Switzerland is a beautiful country I like a change when I go on holiday.

wormless
10-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by footballmad+25 October 2003 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (footballmad @ 25 October 2003 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DWk@25 October 2003 - 16:32
<!--QuoteBegin-footballmad@23 October 2003 - 22:12

DWk
Just that I went there on holiday (my friends place) and the country and scenery were the same as where I live here. It&#39;s very mountainous &#33;&#33;

Even though Switzerland is a beautiful country I like a change when I go on holiday. [/b][/quote]
lol canadas got loads of mountains. eng hasnt well not where ive been&#33; boring countryside :angry:

footballmad
10-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by wormless+26 October 2003 - 01:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormless @ 26 October 2003 - 01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by footballmad@25 October 2003 - 22:41

Originally posted by DWk@25 October 2003 - 16:32
<!--QuoteBegin-footballmad@23 October 2003 - 22:12

DWk

Even though Switzerland is a beautiful country I like a change when I go on holiday.
lol canadas got loads of mountains. eng hasnt well not where ive been&#33; boring countryside :angry: [/b][/quote]
England is still a GREAT country though.

We&#39;ve got other things like bogs and wasteland and canals with old shopping trolleys in &#39;em.

leonidas
10-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by footballmad@26 October 2003 - 00:05
We&#39;ve got other things like bogs and wasteland and canals with old shopping trolleys in &#39;em.
In paris. We would have taken a photo of your trolley and named it "Art Comtemporain" :lol:

djweiser
10-26-2003, 12:04 AM
make sure u got k-lite on all the systems :lol: :D

footballmad
10-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by netweiser-@26 October 2003 - 02:04
make sure u got k-lite on all the systems :lol: :D
And cd burners so customers can take their downloads with them.

With k-lite I think you&#39;re guarenteed loads of customers.

(cd burners are as little as 50 swiss francs now. How does that compare to where you are)

ooo
10-26-2003, 01:46 AM
lol... i can speak a little italian... taking it as a second language in school... cept im getting 68s on exams :(