View Full Version : In Need Of This Spec Seedbox

dracore999
03-07-2010, 03:28 PM
right i am in need of a service that can supply these options:-

1.upload and download with usenet
2.rar and par on the box
3.have u torrent
4.500gig to 1tb in size

i have been let down bye a few companys saying they can supply this service!

if anyone can supply this service or know any company that does
please reply back to this thread

thanks for your time

usuck
03-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Creating Parfiles needs a lot of CPU and RAM. A shared Server is nothing for you. How much Money can you spend?

dracore999
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
about £100gbp a month

thanks for your reply

usuck
03-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh this is a lot :D For this Money you can buy a nice Dedicated Server (no OVH Crap) Are you good in using Linux ? How much Traffic do you need? 100mbit or Gigabit Speed?

dracore999
03-07-2010, 04:16 PM
i would need some help getting the proggs needed installed as im a noob at that type of thing

i would like unlimited bandwith if possible

100mbit would be fine

PerMaFrOsT
03-07-2010, 04:21 PM
How much do you want to spend monthly?

dracore999
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
about 100gbp ..

usuck
03-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Hm no real Hosting Company would help you to install Torrent or Usenet Software ^^ Only a Seedbox Company, but 90% of them are to expensive and relling Servers from OVH (France). OVH is cheap and the internal Network from a OVH Server to another OVH Server is nice, but the international Network routing sucks. And you want to upload to the Usenet. Most of the Usenetproviders are from NL and the Serverfarms also. I would recommend you an NL/GERMAN/UK Server for best routing.
U could buy one with Windows on it and install all the Software like utorrent and Sabnzbd (usenet Download) and JBINUP (usenet Upload) by urself.

U could go with rapidswitch.com, uk2.net or poundhost.com just buy one with Windows on it.

pinn
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
How much do you want to spend monthly?

about £100gbp a month

thanks for your reply

There you go PerMa.

dracore999
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
so a server with windows on is the way to go then

usuck
03-07-2010, 04:51 PM
YES its like your own Windows... Dont give a Seedbox Company the Money ^^ they just buy a 50 Euro OVH Server and let you pay 100 Euro a Month :P The other 50 Euros for "Support" ^^

dracore999
03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
excellent thanks for the info .. ill have to find a company that offers good priced dedicated servers with windows

usuck
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Like i said rapidswitch, uk2 and poundhost are great UK Providers. For NL http://i3d.net/dedicated-servers-root-servers.php is really nice. Server.lu (Luxemburg) is also OK.

PerMaFrOsT
03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Hm no real Hosting Company would help you to install Torrent or Usenet Software ^^ Only a Seedbox Company, but 90% of them are to expensive and relling Servers from OVH (France). OVH is cheap and the internal Network from a OVH Server to another OVH Server is nice, but the international Network routing sucks. And you want to upload to the Usenet. Most of the Usenetproviders are from NL and the Serverfarms also. I would recommend you an NL/GERMAN/UK Server for best routing.
U could buy one with Windows on it and install all the Software like utorrent and Sabnzbd (usenet Download) and JBINUP (usenet Upload) by urself.

U could go with rapidswitch.com, uk2.net or poundhost.com just buy one with Windows on it.

I agree with you in the location of the server. For sure, if he needs good & fast peerings to Europe to upload to Usenet, he could not do this with OVH. But, i think a Windows License it´s not necesary, there are options on linux to upload binaries to Usenet, like "Newspost"

@Dracore999: With this budget i could offer you something on a NL Datacenter with 1 TB of HDD, but if you want dedicated unshared unmetered 100Mbps pipe he will have to increase the budget. ¿How many TB do you want to upload monthly? (Express it an approximate range)

usuck
03-07-2010, 05:08 PM

I agree with you in the location of the server. For sure, if he needs good & fast peerings to Europe to upload to Usenet, he could not do this with OVH. But, i think a Windows License it´s not necesary, there are options on linux to upload binaries to Usenet, like "Newspost"

@Dracore999: With this budget i could offer you something on a NL Datacenter with 1 TB of HDD, but if you want dedicated unshared unmetered 100Mbps pipe he will have to increase the budget. ¿How many TB do you want to upload monthly? (Express it an approximate range)

He has no Linux skills, so the Console Stuff would suck ^^ Windows is easy to use.

dracore999
03-07-2010, 05:09 PM
how much would i be looking at for unlimted!

thanks all for your replys

He has no Linux skills, so the Console Stuff would suck ^^ Windows is easy to use.

yes thats why windows was looking good to me :yup:

usuck
03-07-2010, 05:22 PM

U wont get a REAL 100mbit FULL DUPLEX Line under 300 Euros a Month ^^ And you dont need it :P I dont think you will Upload and Download at 100mbit 24Hours, 7days a Week or 365 Days in a Year :P When a Server Provider wrotes 100mbit unlimited so its mostly shared, but most of the Time you will get 70-100mbits. With 100mbit you can make 33TB Upload and 33TB Download (if you´re using it all the Time) do you realy need so much Bandwith?

PerMaFrOsT
03-07-2010, 06:44 PM

U wont get a REAL 100mbit FULL DUPLEX Line under 300 Euros a Month ^^ And you dont need it :P I dont think you will Upload and Download at 100mbit 24Hours, 7days a Week or 365 Days in a Year :P When a Server Provider wrotes 100mbit unlimited so its mostly shared, but most of the Time you will get 70-100mbits. With 100mbit you can make 33TB Upload and 33TB Download (if you´re using it all the Time) do you realy need so much Bandwith?

Know how much bandwidth he needs it´s the most important thing because it could increases the final price of this product a lot if you need more than 10-15TB per month.

dracore999
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
15tb should be plenty a month :yup:

abosamer
03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
How about a VPS ( Virtual Private Server ):

Windows XP 32x VPS
1 gbit / 3 Users on the server , no overselling
Unmetered Bandwidth ( truely unmetered Bandwidth )
450 giga HDD
2 GB ram
FTP account can be made , WebUI can be made
u can download any program u want , exactly like ur pc

Price : 45 Euros

check it out and let me know if u want a test account http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gif

usuck
03-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Windows XP 32x VPS
450 giga HDD
2 GB ram

check it out and let me know if u want a test account http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gif

Provider ? OVH right? CRAP for good usenet uploading.

abosamer
03-08-2010, 08:50 PM
are usenet uploading use a lot of bandwidth ?

+ the server is not from countries that provide capped ovh servers , it's from France

usuck
03-09-2010, 05:11 AM
are usenet uploading use a lot of bandwidth ?

+ the server is not from countries that provide capped ovh servers , it's from France

OVH routing to NL sucks extremly.

abosamer
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
what u mean with routing ?

usuck
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Routing

example:

OVH 100mbit to OVH 100mbit =12MB/s
OVH 100mbit to another Europe Provider (100mbit) = 2-4 MB/s
OVH is only good at their own Network.
Look at SCC or other great 0day Trackers. Autoseedbox is never OVH.
Only when the Tracker is new and no Money is available some Trackers are using OVH. But later the most are using Quality NL Providers or something else. Cause the Speed is much better.
Its like you buy a OVH GBIT Server u need multi threads in DL or Upload to get nice Speed. Other Providers u can reach with 1 Thread just 1 50-100MB/s

heiska
03-11-2010, 02:41 PM

example:

Only when the Tracker is new and no Money is available some Trackers are using OVH. But later the most are using Quality NL Providers or something else. Cause the Speed is much better.
Its like you buy a OVH GBIT Server u need multi threads in DL or Upload to get nice Speed. Other Providers u can reach with 1 Thread just 1 50-100MB/s

It's not that bad.
http://weathermap.ovh.net/amsterdam

abosamer
03-14-2010, 02:22 PM

example:

the 50-100 mb is download or upload ?

and with sct ( when it was alive ) France was getting 60-70 sooo easily with packs

and can exceed the server with multi packs

+ with Bitmetv torrents, speeds goes as far as that

usuck
03-14-2010, 04:58 PM

example:

the 50-100 mb is download or upload ?

and with sct ( when it was alive ) France was getting 60-70 sooo easily with packs

and can exceed the server with multi packs

+ with Bitmetv torrents, speeds goes as far as that

50-100MB/ Upload and Download, you can reach both, because its no OVH Crap.
Yeah on a Tracker with a lot of Seedbox Users like SCC you can get good Speeds with OVH, cause of the other OVH Servers and the internal OVH Netwotk.
But upload to other Locations sucks. HE WANTS TO UPLOAD TO THE USENET, AND I THINK HE WANTS I FAST. You get what you pay for ;)

AlriyG600
03-15-2010, 04:26 AM

Windows XP 32x VPS
450 giga HDD
2 GB ram

check it out and let me know if u want a test account

can i have the link to their website ? i mean the company that offer this price , i may have someone interesting in this

Thelen
03-16-2010, 01:45 AM

LOL, two of the SCC autoDL box are OVH, 1 is leaseweb.

leaseweb is hardly "quality NL" they are just expensive. I have no problem get 80MB/s all day every day between my OVH GBit boxes, and even got 110MB/s from 10Gbit box to plain Gbit.

You could try http://www.webthosting.com/vpshosting.php one of their more expensive plans. They aren't Gbit, but elsewise you get exactly what they are offering.