PDA

View Full Version : The Untouchables

Inevitable
10-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? Is it worth watching?

RedRival
10-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Yes, I did and DEFINITELY you should watch it.
I enjoyed it a lot, kept me in suspense for a bit, great acting by Sean Connery I thought. I loved the stairway scene, I think it was a popular film in its time.

4play
10-21-2003, 07:09 PM
fantastic film a must see.

baseball :lol:

MetroStars
10-21-2003, 07:11 PM
an Underestimated gangster movie, well worth the watch / Download

zinc1
10-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Sean Connery at his best.
Man this a Brill Movie Watch ASAP.

RedRival
10-22-2003, 01:48 PM
Many twists and turns in the show they shock me. :lol:
Esp Sean Connery chasing the guy out of house ... then ... won't spoil it for you.

Busyman
10-22-2003, 01:53 PM
And it had Robert Deniro as a very good Al Capone.
You can tell this was directed by Brian De Palma.

He did:
Scarface
Snake Eyes
Femme Fatale
Carlito's Way (another gangster movie with Al Pacino)
Mission Impossible

RedRival
10-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@22 October 2003 - 14:53
And it had Robert Deniro as a very good Al Capone.
You can tell this was directed by Brian De Palma.

He did:
Scarface
Snake Eyes
Femme Fatale
Carlito's Way (another gangster movie with Al Pacino)
Mission Impossible
the trademark is there

Inevitable
10-22-2003, 06:13 PM
I saw the trailer...it looks weird...De Niro looks weird as Al Capone. The movie looks weak like from the early 1900's. No wonder I never really heard of it.

incubus44
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Inevitable@22 October 2003 - 18:13
I saw the trailer...it looks weird...De Niro looks weird as Al Capone. The movie looks weak like from the early 1900's. No wonder I never really heard of it.
firstly, this is kevin costners best (or at least the only good one) and moment, and one of sean connery's many great performances.
seriously, tis is a good film (early 1900s comment - this is set in 1930s chicago ironically) from brian depalma. rent it out - you will enjoy it.

...i give it about 8/10

cpt_azad
10-23-2003, 02:45 AM
man that movie was one of the best gangster movies i've seen, and i have a long list. but it comes nowhere close to godfather 2 (or 1 & 3 for that matter), scarface, goodfellas, and reservoir dogs. reservoir dogs might have been low budget, but man it was one hell of a movie, ending was just great! untouchables though has a totally different style, making it even more tempting to watch again and again. i recommend dl it, while ur at it, check out reservoir dogs and goodfellas. and if u really want to, go for the godfather series. i have all 3 godfather movies, each weighing in at 3.54 gb (each).

Inevitable
10-23-2003, 03:46 AM
I saw one half of the Godfather Part 1 and it was boring...goodfellas was ok nothing special. Scarface is way more entertaining then godfather and goodfellas anyday.

cpt_azad
10-23-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Inevitable@22 October 2003 - 19:46
I saw one half of the Godfather Part 1 and it was boring...goodfellas was ok nothing special. Scarface is way more entertaining then godfather and goodfellas anyday.
u obviously like more violence than acting and story, don't you? scarface wasn't special either (i admit, it's like 1000% more interesting and gory than godfather and goodfellas, the chainsaw part is crazy). i like a movie to be everything in one, and if ur like me, u'll love godfather and saving private ryan, that's right, saving private ryan. it may be gory, but the acting is second to none. scarface, let's just say, al pacino wasn't doing as well as he was supposed to, remember, it's the scripters that write the story, and the actors that act it out (duh) :o , learn something new everyday now don't u?