PDA

View Full Version : tal0ne.co.uk anyone?

UncleBob
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Seems to be a new reseller/service. Their "Wicked" server price rocks (1Gbps unmetered just 60EUR per 3months) :blink:

Wanna give it a try, but want to hear from someone first...

waeldiab
03-09-2010, 11:50 PM
bro i think its 121.90 EURO

which plan do you chose

Kimsufi 4XL (0 Available)
Intel Quad Q6600 4x 2.40+ GHz
250GB HDD + 500 GB USB DISK
4GB DDR2 RAM
1000/1000 Mbps Full Duplex Connection
Unmetered Bandwith
1 Month Price - 1180.00 SEK

Rilly
03-11-2010, 04:07 AM
based on the plan names - sounds like they are digicube resellers..

which - Digicube only allow 1 TB a week transfer bandwidth

And thats 60 Euro PER month on a 3 month contract (another reason pointing to digicube resellers!).. not 60 euor per 3 months

UncleBob
03-11-2010, 06:16 AM
bro i think its 121.90 EURO
Yes, but I wasn't talking about Kimsufi plans ;)

based on the plan names - sounds like they are digicube resellers..

which - Digicube only allow 1 TB a week transfer bandwidth

And thats 60 Euro PER month on a 3 month contract (another reason pointing to digicube resellers!).. not 60 euor per 3 months

Thanks for the info and price clarification ;)

Thelen
03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Just a word of warning, do NOT go to Digicube and expect more than even 1TB a week if you are lucky.

We (CSB and PulsedMedia) recently spent over 3k euro with them, after testing for a while on their cheap boxes, but it has turned into a disaster. They cannot deliver anything near what they advertise, even assuming you kept under 1TB, you won't see more than 300Mbit up, 600Mbit down, though the 100Mbit you could max indeed.

So yea, stay away from anything Digicube related, unless all you want is 100Mbit and be prepared to get 4TB a month max (though, still cheaperish than Kimsufi).

PerMaFrOsT
03-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Just a word of warning, do NOT go to Digicube and expect more than even 1TB a week if you are lucky.

We (CSB and PulsedMedia) recently spent over 3k euro with them, after testing for a while on their cheap boxes, but it has turned into a disaster. They cannot deliver anything near what they advertise, even assuming you kept under 1TB, you won't see more than 300Mbit up, 600Mbit down, though the 100Mbit you could max indeed.

So yea, stay away from anything Digicube related, unless all you want is 100Mbit and be prepared to get 4TB a month max (though, still cheaperish than Kimsufi).
Still donīt understand how could you deposit that much money and confidence in Digicube

Thelen
03-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Because we tested it for 3 weeks?

What did you want us to do, test for 5 years and spend millions on quality control?

LOLOLOL.

We aren't the first or the last to use a provider that doesn't provide..

How many 10s of SB companies got shafted when OVH started shaping? Feral and Xirvik are spending over 30k a month on their servers, seems to me they are even stupidier than us for testing Digi by using such dodgy hosts as OVH and lu.

PerMaFrOsT
03-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Because we tested it for 3 weeks?

What did you want us to do, test for 5 years and spend millions on quality control?

LOLOLOL.

We aren't the first or the last to use a provider that doesn't provide..

How many 10s of SB companies got shafted when OVH started shaping? Feral and Xirvik are spending over 30k a month on their servers, seems to me they are even stupidier than us for testing Digi by using such dodgy hosts as OVH and lu.

But Thelen, Digicube are applying the 1TB weekly limit from a few months ago. Seems that you are the one who has not read much. You think by owning CustomSeedbox they will give you unlimited servers at the same price?? Before spent 3k in Digicube, you could have done a good contract with Server.lu or Netdirekt.de but you preferred to throw money and now you have to bearing the consequences. If I were you I'd be pissed donīt worry about that, but for the next time read more opinions & information before buying anything ;)

Thelen
03-16-2010, 05:51 AM
We checked lots of places, and we did 20TB of traffic in 3 weeks on the two testing server. We can't check everywhere, and no-one seemed to be sure exactly what the limit was, they would always just refer to the contract etc.

If there had even been a thread such as I had made, perhaps that would have helped. Otherwise, obscure references... LOL.

server.lu and netdireckt are useless, only 100Mbit. OVH is better for that, not to mention being a little more sane hardware specs wise.

PerMaFrOsT
03-16-2010, 06:06 AM
We checked lots of places, and we did 20TB of traffic in 3 weeks on the two testing server. We can't check everywhere, and no-one seemed to be sure exactly what the limit was, they would always just refer to the contract etc.
That's what I do not understand, by what I read, the Digicube limit is not selective, they applies it to all customers, so it seems strange that you could transfer this huge amount of bandwidth in your two test servers. Did you tell them your intentions when you rent the first 2 servers?

And please do not treat me like a teenager because I'm not :whistling

Thelen
03-17-2010, 02:43 PM
That's what I do not understand, by what I read, the Digicube limit is not selective, they applies it to all customers, so it seems strange that you could transfer this huge amount of bandwidth in your two test servers. Did you tell them your intentions when you rent the first 2 servers?

So...... I'm confused. You actually take what is on the site at face value? You think ALL customers are shaped automatically just because the PDF says so? (And it doesn't even say that, merely that shaping can happen if required) Do you even know anything about DigiCube's network?

They are as of 3 days ago running their whole routing on a server for farks sake, hence half of the extra problems we've been having. As for being selective, with aforementioned routing, you really expect shaping to be automatic, LOL. As for telling them intentions, the text box for putting in that info is... where exactly? It's funny you mention that though, because when we complained to Xobul in IRC about poor speeds (even before we'd done 1TB), and mentioned seedbox usage, he said "shit" and not 48 hours later said he was shaping all our boxes to 20Mbit, which took about 5 hours across the 7 server...

They don't even have the ability to setup your OS in RAID 0 or 10, and only got RAID 5 working a week ago.

I'd assume you don't know any of this or experienced any of it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting like you were an ignorant teenager (and saying you aren't hardly aids your cause) who hasn't actually had any experience with Digi.

On topic though, tal0ne has a good service I've talked to a friend of the guy who runs it, and it is a decent service.

PerMaFrOsT
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM

So...... I'm confused. You actually take what is on the site at face value? You think ALL customers are shaped automatically just because the PDF says so? (And it doesn't even say that, merely that shaping can happen if required) Do you even know anything about DigiCube's network?

They are as of 3 days ago running their whole routing on a server for farks sake, hence half of the extra problems we've been having. As for being selective, with aforementioned routing, you really expect shaping to be automatic, LOL. As for telling them intentions, the text box for putting in that info is... where exactly? It's funny you mention that though, because when we complained to Xobul in IRC about poor speeds (even before we'd done 1TB), and mentioned seedbox usage, he said "shit" and not 48 hours later said he was shaping all our boxes to 20Mbit, which took about 5 hours across the 7 server...

They don't even have the ability to setup your OS in RAID 0 or 10, and only got RAID 5 working a week ago.

I'd assume you don't know any of this or experienced any of it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting like you were an ignorant teenager (and saying you aren't hardly aids your cause) who hasn't actually had any experience with Digi.

On topic though, tal0ne has a good service I've talked to a friend of the guy who runs it, and it is a decent service.
You interpret my comments as you want. I'm not saying that they have an automated system and advanced automatically applying the limit, I only said that they apply the limit of 1TB to all customers, there are generally no exceptions. If you do not want to accept it is your problem, maybe they donīt apply the cap on your servers because you tell them that youīre going to spent a lot of money on them. Afterwards you spent your 3k and they apply the cap to all your severs, and you didnīt have nothing to do with them, is simple. Good luck with your business ;)

andra
08-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Seems to be a new reseller/service. Their "Wicked" server price rocks (1Gbps unmetered just 60EUR per 3months) :blink:

Wanna give it a try, but want to hear from someone first...

Its a old swedish reseller. He have been selling servers at swedish torrentsites before.
He is a great guy and support is fast.

regards