PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have Waffles login issues?

Tv Controls you
03-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Its saying I either don't have an account or my password is bad...

Anyone else running into this issue?

cinephilia
03-09-2010, 11:19 PM
no login issues here - i smell trouble.

Tv Controls you
03-09-2010, 11:21 PM
no login issues here - i smell trouble.

I'm going on irc.... this is bad either way

anon
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
If you were banned you'd get "this account has been disabled". Why don't you try recovering the password first? It'd be easier and faster than IRC.

karachidude
03-09-2010, 11:27 PM
i m not having issues logging in,though i have heard people talking bout this at other places,some people are having issues.One of them said he asked for a new password from the system and then he could log in with it :)

cinephilia
03-09-2010, 11:29 PM
If you were banned you'd get "this account has been disabled".
sounds like you're speaking from experience :P

Tv Controls you
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM
No, I'm disabled... I'm about to find out why.

anon
03-09-2010, 11:33 PM
sounds like you're speaking from experience :P

It's the same message as in most other TBdev trackers. :unsure: But those don't have instant ban scripts that will disable your account as well as sending the message "it appears you are cheating" if they detect something wrong. :P

No, I'm disabled... I'm about to find out why.

That's never good to hear. :( Keep us informed.

Hombre
03-09-2010, 11:35 PM
U cheated?

Tv Controls you
03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I thought my security was breached.... I'm fine... Somehow I was banned off some long trade tree.

They say I can come back with a another invite.

anon
03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Invite tree bans :dabs:

Tv Controls you
03-09-2010, 11:44 PM

Ya.. He said to come back with another invite.

I was sweating this irc chat lol. My security hasn't been breached, and I wasn't banned though.. (thank god)

cinephilia
03-09-2010, 11:47 PM
what's the point in disabling your account if they allow you to come back with another invite lol.

Tv Controls you
03-09-2010, 11:53 PM
what's the point in disabling your account if they allow you to come back with another invite lol.

*correction*

They are going to enable my old account once I get another inviter.

trilux
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I thought my security was breached.... I'm fine... Somehow I was banned off some long trade tree.

They say I can come back with a another invite.

I'm in the same boat. I had 600GB up/100 GB down. I was on the top 250 of uploaders and upload speed, but someone above me was selling invites so everyone below got canned. My seedbox is lonely. I am waiting for some generosity from someone on the inside to send an invite to me.

yeah, i understand the idea. it just sucks that someone way above you can screw you so bad. :cry: if anyone out there wants to help a poor soul in need just PM me and i'll send you my account name so you can see for yourself and my email... i just need an new inviter to go back to the mods with i guess. You can look at my stats on waffles and see i'm a good guy. I had 5 invites that I had no one to give out to either. :(

Rart
03-10-2010, 01:16 AM
You'll need to have been on this board for 15 days and have 20 posts before anyone can PM you though.

Tv Controls you
03-10-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm in the same boat. I had 600GB up/100 GB down. I was on the top 250 of uploaders and upload speed, but someone above me was selling invites so everyone below got canned. My seedbox is lonely. I am waiting for some generosity from someone on the inside to send an invite to me.

yeah, i understand the idea. it just sucks that someone way above you can screw you so bad. :cry: if anyone out there wants to help a poor soul in need just PM me and i'll send you my account name so you can see for yourself and my email... i just need an new inviter to go back to the mods with i guess. You can look at my stats on waffles and see i'm a good guy. I had 5 invites that I had no one to give out to either. :(

If your not just trying to get an invite by using my problem....

You were probably in the same invite tree, as they said it was a fairly large invite tree.
Someone must have did something really wrong lol.

cinephilia
03-10-2010, 01:30 AM
so the "old account" will be transferred to your new inviter's invite tree, right?

Tv Controls you
03-10-2010, 01:45 AM
so the "old account" will be transferred to your new inviter's invite tree, right?

Yes, just a tree move lol. I wish I could have got to start my own tree, so there will be a 0 chance of this happening again.

trilux
03-10-2010, 02:29 AM
You'll need to have been on this board for 15 days and have 20 posts before anyone can PM you though.

This is true. Well, if anyone wants to be a good samaritan and check it out on waffles. [deleted acct info]

i would be very grateful.

psxcite
03-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Yea, same here. Wish I could find out who invited me. I know it was someone on this forum, cause this is the only place I requested an invite.

anon
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
*** (at) gmail (dot) com

I'd edit my e-mail, etc.

trilux
03-11-2010, 08:27 AM
*** (at) gmail (dot) com

I'd edit my e-mail, etc.

you couldn't do me a solid anon-sbi, could you? i don't want to bug someone for an invite, but i really do want to get back in so i can put my seedbox to use.

anon
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
you couldn't do me a solid anon-sbi, could you?

Don't have any Waffles invites, and even so you couldn't wait to get access where they could be requested... :ermm:

RayJuniored
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM
anon, the cold-hearted one.

anon
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I take it you just invited him to Waffles?

RayJuniored
03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Haha, nope! If you won't, I surely will not either.

Villalltheway
03-12-2010, 02:57 AM
i swear thse sites hardly ever ban hole tree due to trading, if they see u a good user they would usually keep u and if they still worried just take away your invite privileges. It makes more sence then telling u can come back with another invite.

trilux
03-14-2010, 09:18 AM
i swear thse sites hardly ever ban hole tree due to trading, if they see u a good user they would usually keep u and if they still worried just take away your invite privileges. It makes more sence then telling u can come back with another invite.

Yeah, I don't see how working my way up to inside the top 175 on uploader speed and top 200 on upload amount in less than 40 weeks would put me outside of "a good user." Along with that, donating, being considerate, uploading WI approved FLAC, VO, etc, etc...

Anyway, it appears that invites to waffles are not an easy thing for people to give away.

perhaps i'll have to go to what.cd instead.

anon
03-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I don't see how working my way up to inside the top 175 on uploader speed and top 200 on upload amount in less than 40 weeks would put me outside of "a good user." Along with that, donating, being considerate, uploading WI approved FLAC, VO, etc, etc...

Meaning you got banned for "cheating"? Tried going to their IRC channel to clarify this?

trilux
03-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Meaning you got banned for "cheating"? Tried going to their IRC channel to clarify this?

I've never cheated, just left everything seed 24/7 on 6meg cable.

I talked to a Mod and was notified that I got banned for being in someones invite tree that was selling invites. They would let me back if I get another invite from someone under an untainted invite tree. I doubt that will happen, and I'm on what.cd and its much better anyway.

A13
03-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear your case trilux. It's a tough situation I think. I question why ban a person who's been a good user (in trilux's case) even though he hasn't done anything worth suspicious about besides being your everyday good user and more. But correct me if I'm wrong, the problem is tree bans happen because of the previous past with people having a tree of just sellers, which branch off into further selling trees. Leaves the few good ones caught in the crossfire and all that. Good to see you haven't ended up too disappointed trilux.

Lizard King
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I can't login. Could someone tell me how to join their irc? Pls

anon
03-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Check this out:
http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/mirc.html

Server and channel are as follows:

irc.p2p-network.net
#waffles.fm-help

You may have to register your nick first, you can google your way to that.

Tv Controls you
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
You may have to register your nick first, you can google your way to that.

That's actually pretty confusing to do if your a beginner.

Once you get to the waffles channel type this and follow.
/msg nickserv help

ca_aok
03-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Quick and dirty commands (type these in the text box area of your IRC client after opening it up):

/server irc.p2p-network.net 6667

If you want to use SSL to connect instead (and your IRC client supports it) use +6697 as the port instead of 6667 (the "+" is important). XChat users and irssi users have to add the -ssl flag I believe, whereas mIRC users can leave that out. I recommend using SSL when possible.

/server -ssl irc.p2p-network.net +6697

/nick yoursitenickhere
/msg nickserv register password email

Where password and email are those of your choice.

/join #waffles.fm-help

For those of you who aren't banned and want to know how to join the main channel, stick your IRC nickname in your profile info at Waffles (there's a box for it), and do:

/msg Waffles invite
/join #waffles

Hope that helps. In the future if you join the server and your nickname is registered, use:

/msg nickserv identify password

Lizard King
03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for help. I had some problems but I managed to register my nick. They told me I'm cheater what is obwiously not true... I don't know what to do.

anon
03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
They told me I'm cheater what is obwiously not true... I don't know what to do.

You forget about Waffles and start looking for a What.cd invite if you aren't there already. :pinch:

Nice post ca_aok, bookmarked. Will link to that next time someone asks how to join IRC or register their nick. :)

Lizard King
03-30-2010, 10:14 PM
I have what acount, but I had nice buffer at waffles and absolutely no reason to cheat. I had utorrent crash and some strange error, all torrents were red error: torrent file changed.

anon
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
We can't do anything from here. Did you explain that to them on IRC?

Not that it will suddenly change their minds, given their super-leet scripts say you cheated :rolleyes:

Lizard King
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I tried but they booted me twice and didn't let me explain...
edit:
I wanted to show them some screens with my utorrent crash but they banned me on irc so I guess I can' do anything :(
Anyway thanks for your help

Tv Controls you
03-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I tried but they booted me twice and didn't let me explain...
edit:
I wanted to show them some screens with my utorrent crash but they banned me on irc so I guess I can' do anything :(
Anyway thanks for your help

what is going on with waffles anymore....

They kicked me without letting my present my situation also..