PDA

View Full Version : Xirvik semidedicated: FTP Question

Aristocles
03-10-2010, 12:27 AM
I apologize for starting a new thread but. . .

This morning I received an email from Xirvik with my info. So, I gave it a go using the sites tutorial. But, it seems to me that this is what I am doing:

1) d'loading the file using ruTorrent,
2) then d'loading it to cuteftp, and finally
3) uploading it to cuteftp (in order to play the file with a media player.

In reality I want to upload it to a SimpleSave (ext. HD) and play using my WD HD Live box, on my television. But this is besides the point as of now.

My question is: Are the three steps above required? If so, it involves more time than I envisioned but that's not a hassle, just wanted to make sure I am doing things correctly.

pimkin
03-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Looks like 3rd step is obsolete.
After downloading the movie file with CuteFTP directly to external HDD just proceed to play it with your Live box, it supports live playback via Ethernet connection.

Aristocles
03-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Looks like 3rd step is obsolete.
After downloading the movie file with CuteFTP directly to external HDD just proceed to play it with your Live box, it supports live playback via Ethernet connection.

If I want to view with vlc, mpc-hc, kantaras, gom, wmp, whatever, on my PC. It seems all three steps are necessary. Are they? If not, how do I get a player to open the file?

Thanks

Problem is solved. As usual, figuring it out on my own is a valuable option. . .