PDA

View Full Version : Screaming + Squelching Noises On Mp3s

drum_dude
10-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

I have just downloaded the same guns 'n' roses songs (Paradise City + Welcome to the Jungle) 5 times and on all them the music is taken over by this screaming and squelching noise. At first I thought the files were corrupt and downloaded them again from other sources, however, the same thing has happened but on different parts of the tunes. I have encountered this with other songs such as the The Police in the past but just put it down to a corrupt file. But Today this happened 5 times in a row on the same songs but from different sources!!!! So far I have disabled all Anti-Virus and other programs but this has been to no avail!!!

Help...is this a RIAA thing or is it my machine fucked....all files have sources of 100+ users!!!!

If it is an RIAA thing all I can say is '£14.99p for a CD...YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF. LOWER THE PRICES AND I'LL STOP DOWNLOADING!!!!"

Fucking bastards!!!

Drum dude

TheFilePirater
10-22-2003, 12:23 AM
ok to clear this up

RIAA has spread mp3s with annoying "noises" in them to stop p2p (peer2peer [for the slow kids]) users from downloading and sharing them, but the common KaZaA (KMD) user doesn't know a thing about it so, they keep on sharing them thinking it's their computer messing up or so on..

the only tips i could give u is to get the newst kazaa lite vers (K++ and kazaa lite have merged)

and to use the search filters, like enter the name of the artists,bitrate,qaulity AND most important - now the files wit more ppl are bad!!

junkyardking
10-22-2003, 12:24 AM
This is the millionth post about this, yes it's the RIAA there is a pinned topic in Musicworld about this.

drum_dude
10-22-2003, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE]

You cheeky fucker!! The millionth post...well I have gone through these fucking forums and I can't find anything about this!!! Wankers like you really PISS ME OFF cos you think you know everything!!! I don't visit musicworld or wahtever the fuck it's called you twat!!!

IF IT REALLY GETs YOU THAT MUCH THEN WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU REQUEST IT TO BE A STICKY ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU UNHELPFUL CUNT!!!!

As for filePirater, many thanks for your helpful advice...pity the junkyardTWAT couldn't put it as helpful as you!!!

Drum Dude

4play
10-22-2003, 12:55 AM
IF IT REALLY GETs YOU THAT MUCH THEN WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU REQUEST IT TO BE A STICKY ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a sticky ;) here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=49358)

are you sure those sorts of screaming + squelching noises are not your neighbours having some fun maybe http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/sneaky.gif

edit : added link

drum_dude
10-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by 4play@22 October 2003 - 00:55

are you sure those sorts of screaming + squelching noises are not your neighbours having some fun maybe http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/sneaky.gif

edit : added link
ha ha...

I meant a sticky in this forum...

Thanks

Drum dude

4play
10-22-2003, 01:03 AM
it makes more sense to have it in musicworld because general that is where we discuss music.

drum_dude
10-22-2003, 01:14 AM
I don't agree...if the RIAA are doing this then it should be a sticky in all forums!!! It's important enough...plus the penny should drop when idiots like prick-yard-arsehead say this the millionth time that the subject has come up!!!! I mean, for fuck sake it should be a sticky in the main forum selection!!!!

We don't all spend our entire wanking career in these forums to know where everying is...

Regards

Drum dude

TheFilePirater
10-22-2003, 01:22 AM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/guys/mp3.JPG
man i cant find any topics bout screechy mp3s either...

cambodia
10-22-2003, 01:24 AM
Drum Dude:

Your input is much appreciated, however, your response to junkyardking is unwarranted. In the future, I'd suggest a modicum of decorum. :rtfaq:

drum_dude
10-22-2003, 01:29 AM
theFilepirater, you have a very helpfull streak...many thanks for pointing that out to me...

Cambodia, cheers for that...I'm so glad that you specially signed up to post that to me. I'm flattered!

Drum dude

Adster
10-22-2003, 06:29 AM
ok to clear this up

RIAA has spread mp3s with annoying "noises" in them to stop p2p (peer2peer [for the slow kids]) users from downloading and sharing them, but the common KaZaA (KMD) user doesn't know a thing about it so, they keep on sharing them thinking it's their computer messing up or so on..

the only tips i could give u is to get the newst kazaa lite vers (K++ and kazaa lite have merged)

and to use the search filters, like enter the name of the artists,bitrate,qaulity AND most important - now the files wit more ppl are bad!!

yep that says it all that is all exactly and its not the millionith time its the billionth time :P

the answer is simple

Don't use kazaa anymore for your music needs ;)

SodiumChloride
10-22-2003, 06:44 AM
Dear:
[x] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Loser
[ ] AOLer
[x] 12 year old
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Nerd
[ ] Elvis
[ ] l337 d00d
[ ] Other: Unbearably self-righteous person

You Are Being Flamed Because:
[ ] You posted a Nudity thread
[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You started an off-topic thread
[x] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You haven't read the FAQ
[x] You don't know which forum to post in
[ ] You suck
[ ] You posted false information
[ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You doubleposted
[x] You posted a message all written in CAPS
[ ] You posted racism ****
[x] I don't like your tone of voice
[ ] You're an idiot
[ ] You posted about something you have no knowledge of

To Repent, You Must:
[x] Give up your AOL Internet account
[ ] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[x] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the f****** FAQ
[ ] Be Pat Buchanan's love slave
[x] Be the guest of honor in alt.flame for a month
[ ] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Go stand in the middle of a motorway

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:
[ ] Blow me
[ ] Get a life
[ ] Never post again
[x] I pity your dog
[ ] Go to hell
[ ] I think your IQ must be 7
[ ] Take your s*** somewhere else
[ ] Learn to post or f*** off
[ ] Do us all a favor and jump into some industrial equipment
[x] See how far your tongue will fit into the electric outlet
[ ] All of the above
[ ] N/A

You have officially been flamed!

End of Flame.
Have a nice day.

soma
10-22-2003, 10:24 AM
LMFAO !!!!!!
SodiumChloride thats some genuis posting u got there...definately saving this topic to laugh back on!

junkyardking
10-22-2003, 01:31 PM
You cheeky fucker!! The millionth post...well I have gone through these fucking forums and I can't find anything about this!!! Wankers like you really PISS ME OFF cos you think you know everything!!! I don't visit musicworld or wahtever the fuck it's called you twat!!!

YOU UNHELPFUL CUNT!!!!

As for filePirater, many thanks for your helpful advice...pity the junkyardTWAT couldn't put it as helpful as you!!!

Drum Dude
I told you there was a pinned topic in music world, no need to get your knickers in a knot, lighten up. :rolleyes:

Sodium :lol: :lol: I'll definatlly keep that handy.

jbravo2uk
10-22-2003, 01:39 PM
u guys should use bit torent no fake file and mega quick downloads :)

Gre1
10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
I can't believe this thread has two pages.

NikkiD
10-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Yes... it's that time... http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/lock.gif

BTW - SodiumChloride - I love it...