PDA

View Full Version : e-learning

onester
03-11-2010, 08:13 PM
is there any sites that list nzbs that is good for e-learning material??

c0ld
03-11-2010, 08:31 PM
No. :( Newzbin is best only because I make sure I catch them all and report them, but its retention isn't good and its future is uncertain. Matrix doesn't even have a proper category for it and the community there aren't particularly good at reporting it. That's mainly because anyone who uploads there relies on auto-indexers for their NZBs, which have terrible search engines that don't lend themselves to finding the stuff.

If you're looking for something specific, use nzbindex.nl or binsearch, but there's really nothing for just browsing except newzbin (for now).

Honestly, Demoniod is probably best now. Even if you get into some cashcow like bitme, you'll spend most of you bandwidth reupping stuff from demoniod to keep your ratio.

zot
03-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Educational material tends to be rare. (Most of the non-fiction material you're going to find is typically documentaries from BBC or CBC or other TV channels.) Sadly, few websites have a dedicated section, and what you do find tends to be scattered all over. .

I'd say there is probably a lot more to be found on torrents or Rapidshare/Megaupload sites than Usenet. One of the oldest and best-known P2P communities specializing in documentary/educational releases is MV Group, originally an ED2K site, but now multi-format. .

If you look up *TTC video* on Binsearch, you'll find a gold mine of educational videos from The Teaching Company (posted by Daethkus) in alt.binaries.warez.educational around 500 days ago -- Several hundred gigs worth..

Hope that helps :)