PDA

View Full Version : Any hope for banned waffles.fm user?

Neroon
03-12-2010, 05:34 AM
So I got site-banned for trolling a moderator in a forum post that if taken in the spirit I really did mean, I thought could have been funny/informative, but obviously it wasn't and my attempt at asking for help/clarification in the IRC help channel got me kicked out/banned in the IRC-channel too before I could fully apologize.

I really don't want to discuss if the punishment fit the crime, but I was wondering if anyone has insight whether it would make the situation better by trying again to hit the IRC channel again and try to apologize or perhaps ask another person to talk to an OP.

I had a great ratio like 250GB upload to 25 download and had very little history of any forum posting, let of all trollish behavior.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Hombre
03-12-2010, 05:41 AM
why u bother post in trackers? most are nazi.
waste of time.

Neroon
03-12-2010, 05:44 AM
No forum site is perfect, but I did enjoy reading the forums occasionally and thought I'd try to contribute with my own brand of humor. I guess my family is right when they not everyone gets my sense of humor

IdolEyes787
03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
So I got site-banned for trolling a moderator in a forum post that if taken in the spirit I really did mean, I thought could have been funny/informative, but obviously it wasn't and my attempt at asking for help/clarification in the IRC help channel got me kicked out/banned in the IRC-channel too before I could fully apologize.

I really don't want to discuss if the punishment fit the crime, but I was wondering if anyone has insight whether it would make the situation better by trying again to hit the IRC channel again and try to apologize or perhaps ask another person to talk to an OP.

I had a great ratio like 250GB upload to 25 download and had very little history of any forum posting, let of all trollish behavior.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Sorry to hear that, people should always be given some opportunity to at least explain themselves if nothing else.
I also commiserate about your misinterpreted humour since ,without knowing the exact particulars, in my experience at least is usually more an attempt at camaraderie than offense.
Saying that I honestly don't personally know of anything that can be done other than to hope that someone who knows a staffer at Waffles sees this thread and kindly takes it upon themselves to speak on your behalf.

I do know that being re-invited is out of the question since knowingly inviting a banned member will get your account banned.

anon
03-12-2010, 04:36 PM
No forum site is perfect, but I did enjoy reading the forums occasionally and thought I'd try to contribute with my own brand of humor. I guess my family is right when they not everyone gets my sense of humor

I guess you could go to their IRC channel again and tell them that. Either that or waiting for a Waffles staffer to see this thread like Idol said.

smcewa11
03-13-2010, 02:16 AM
waste of time.

It is sad but I feel that this is becoming the best approach to take with most trackers. A more liberal approach is why I liked ScT and also FST.

n00bz0r
03-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Imagine getting disabled for a profile note, which has remained unchanged for over a year, just coz of an admin's misinterpretation? Getting kicked+banned without getting a chance to explain isn't uncommon either.:lol:

Suggestion: Try to join what.cd through their channel for interviews. :)

Tv Controls you
03-13-2010, 04:30 AM

O yes because they will be more reasonable :rolleyes:

What a joke lol

n00bz0r
03-13-2010, 10:54 AM

What a joke lol

oh yes.. they certainly are.
at least you get to explain yourself on irc if ya ever get disabled.

Lovestoned
03-13-2010, 01:19 PM

What a joke lol

oh yes.. they certainly are.
at least you get to explain yourself on irc if ya ever get disabled.

Only some What staffs are kind enough to listen to your version of the story.

Tv Controls you
03-13-2010, 05:24 PM

I'm still not sure if I talked to a human or a robot when I went on what.cd's irc.

The what.cd disabled channel is always right, so no matter what you say they think they know the whole story.

susiserken
03-13-2010, 05:36 PM

I'm still not sure if I talked to a human or a robot when I went on what.cd's irc.

The what.cd disabled channel is always right, so no matter what you say they think they know the whole story.

You`re a shady guy so good riddens imo! :rolleyes:

Neroon
03-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Well that ends that...I wasn't immediately auto-kicked this time, and got to try and apologize, but when they rejected my request for reinstatement, they also said I'd come to the IRC channel a few times already with this request. Unless you count the auto-rejoin as multiple attempts, that was in error, but before I could respond to that, I was already kicked/banned from the channel.

Luckily I still have all my 60+ perfect FLAC Rips and rip-logs, so perhaps I can find another home where my presence would be better appreciated.

RayJuniored
03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Did you talk to nice mods? Sounds like it because they didn't autokick you. I see them make posts from time to time, but I tend to stay out of their way.

Scavenger
03-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Damn that sucks. I really enjoy reading Waffle's forums, but I guess that's why I barely post. =/

torax34
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
When were you baned? They changed the ban policy for posting in forums few months ago so you should try with IRC again :)

Forum Forgiveness Policy

Many of you recently participated in an informative and well thought out (https://www.waffles.fm/forum/1/47290/page1-50.html) discussion on the Waffles forums. You aired concerns over the moderation here, and got a chance to speak up with your likes and dislikes. As staff, our job is to listen to your concerns and where necessary, take the appropriate course of action. Some of you have felt that our moderation as of late has been a bit too heavy-handed, and to some extent, we agree.

To that end, we've come up with what we hope is a peaceful solution for everyone. We're going to be allowing many formerly banned users back (whether they were forum or site banned), as a show of good faith.

Please understand that we will in no way tolerate derogatory behavior toward staff or other Waffles.fm members, and the rules will remain in place. However, the forum moderation will be less intense. There will be no more danger of losing your Waffles account for minor forum-related infractions (nonsense, trolling, off-topic meandering) though permanent posting bans may still be utilized.

We sincerely hope that you will find these small changes to be in the spirit of community, and the growing pains we've had to endure. We really appreciate you all as members and realize that without these forums and you guys, we'd never have gotten to where we are today. So, thank you all.

Technical babble: Although we know a good deal of users who were banned and we'd like back, we can't get all of them, so if you are still in contact with some former users, please send them to our help channel on irc to be re-enabled:

irc.p2p-network.net
#waffles.fm-help

Happy New Year!

tippertime
03-15-2010, 09:39 PM
waste of time.

Waffles forums is one of my favorites...very active/funny community

Neroon
03-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Pretty sure they will just reiterate the "we will in no way tolerate derogatory behavior toward staff " part of that statement. Even if it wasnt meant to be derogatory, they think it is and thats enough. As far as I can tell the mod involved in the post is always in the IRC channel and will always insist on the kick/ban based on how hardcore he seems to be from his posting record.