PDA

View Full Version : I Wrote An Adventure Story

uNz[i]
10-22-2003, 07:03 AM
I'm currently doing a creative writing course at my local college.

One of the assignments is to write a short adventure story.
I've cranked out a 5 page mini saga over the last couple of weeks, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

The tale is set on the fictional 'Stingray Island', and it tells the story of a small squad battling against the odds to reach an undisclosed objective.
Along the way, they must overcome various trials: hostile natives, the elements and the harsh unforgiving island environment.

Anyone here interested in giving it a read?
If so, let me know in this topic, and if I get enough encouragement, I may be moved to post it here in bookworld.

MagicNakor
10-22-2003, 07:09 AM
If you'd like to post it, go ahead. ;) I can guarantee it'll be read, although perhaps not responded to.

:ninja:

Jayhawk
10-22-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@22 October 2003 - 01:09
If you'd like to post it, go ahead. ;) I can guarantee it'll be read, although perhaps not responded to.

:ninja:
if i could keep my attention span i would read it and post!

Smooch
10-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Please do, although you should be prepared for some (constructive) critisism from folks. I'll certainly have a go at reading it.

It's sometimes good to get other peoples views on things too :)

ultimatejester
10-22-2003, 11:03 PM
5 pages is not so bad, wat i cant do is read long ass books. I would like to read your story.

Guillaume
10-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Go on, post it. You made me curious... And I'm short of a book to read.

gamer
10-23-2003, 01:17 AM
id love to read it, i used to write ... let me rephrase that, i used to 'try' to write advenutre storys. so yeah post it and expect some critisim.

uNz[i]
10-23-2003, 03:56 AM
Okay.. I'm encouraged enough. :D

I'll post The Stingray Island Job over the weekend, once I've re-drawn and uploaded the map that accompanies the story. I also want to do a bit of final 'polishing' before the story goes online.

I'm quite prepared for (and tbh was totally expecting) any critisism you folks may have. That's fine with me as long as it remains constructive. Any comments along the lines if "I h8 ur storey it sux0rs" will just be ignored or mocked mercilessly. :)

Other things:
The tale mainly focuses on adversity and the adventure component.
The brief was to draw a map with various landmarks, and have the story take place there and hand in the final product in 2 weeks.

I'm a rather slow story writer, so as a result, the characters are very sketchy. Some of the scenes are a bit rough too.
I know it already. I was working to a deadline and those aspects were not a requirement at the time. Blame my teacher for that. :)

Just as long as folks are aware of those points, then all is good.

Oh, and I hope you like the surprise ending too. ;)

and now.....

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

noname12
10-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Could you possibly make it into a pdf?

uNz[i]
10-23-2003, 05:18 AM
No idea.. I've never made a .pdf before.

Why do you ask? :huh:

noname12
10-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@23 October 2003 - 05:18
No idea.. I've never made a .pdf before.

Why do you ask? :huh:
I thought it would be easier for me to read, then I worked out your not going to be cutting and pasting the whole thing in a post :)

uNz[i]
10-23-2003, 05:27 AM
Well, I was thinking about posting it one chapter at a time.
Each chapter is, on average, about 1 A4 page long.

noname12
10-23-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@23 October 2003 - 05:27
Well, I was thinking about posting it one chapter at a time.
Each chapter is, on average, about 1 A4 page long.
Thats cool, cant wait to read it. :)

Jayhawk
10-23-2003, 07:07 AM
sweet

i am looking forward to reading it Unz