-1 speed-test on NY
-no traders!!

enjoy!:rolleyes:

cake6
03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
What is BTN ?

daniel08
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
no matter, who knows what it is you please do not say anything until I was sent the invitation.

sez
03-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Alot of revolt people?

BABBY
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM
just a suggestion

BTN is one of those sites which does not like to give their invites in giveaway.
if possible please don't give them in public, if u see someones request u can fulfill it anonymously.

moreover i think BTN has tracking scripts running and because of it they are able to find out what sites u are using and if they find u to be a member of FST then they will do following things.
(1) disable your invites
(2) they will give u two option of either be on BTN or FST
(3) they will ban u in sever case.

I have many invites in BTN and they all are disabled, i went in irc and asked for the reason BTN staff members asked me whether i was a member of any invite forum, i said i was on FST.
Then they said this is the reason why your invites are disabled.

I have never given any invites of BTN anywhere in any forum but still my invites are disabled.

BTN staff are really polite, humble and nice at heart people, but they just hate invite giveaway ;), everyone has his own way of thinking

last thing use a totally different browser for surfing FST with history function of, to protect yourself against tracking scripts.

Cabalo
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
if they find u to be a member of FST then they will do following things.
(1) disable your invites

I have many invites in BTN and they all are disabled, i went in irc and asked for the reason BTN staff members asked me whether i was a member of any invite forum, i said i was on FST.

I have never given any invites of BTN anywhere in any forum but still my invites are disabled.

BTN staff are really polite, humble and nice at heart people, but they just hate invite giveaway ;), everyone has his own way of thinking

last thing use a totally different browser for surfing FST with history function of, to protect yourself against tracking scripts.

That makes their staff mentally retarded and a bunch of idiots on my book. You can quote me on that.

Quarterquack
03-13-2010, 04:39 PM
That makes their staff mentally retarded and a bunch of idiots on my book. You can quote me on that.

20 current staff members, with 13 ex-staff within 3 months; all moderating less than 4000 members. You just made 33 enemies, Cabalo. But seriously, they do have staffing issues.

IdolEyes787
03-13-2010, 04:42 PM
(1) disable your invites

Just because you belong to this forum doesn't mean you have anything to do with trading,invites or the colour blue.

Cabalo
03-13-2010, 04:46 PM

20 current staff members, with 13 ex-staff within 3 months; all moderating less than 4000 members. You just made 33 enemies, Cabalo. But seriously, they do have staffing issues.

Of any of those, the ones who ban anyone because he is a member here are at the very least ignorants. Apologies for those who don't. But the ones who do, are idiots.

They can join the club.

Quarterquack
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
It's actually most of them. All of the staff (with the exception of one outspoken ex-staffer) prefer to hold to the "never speak of us" belief, while authorizing official reviews on FSF, and having open interviews all the time... I just don't understand their mentality.

I actually got warned for offering public invites; got a healthy "Speak of us outside the tracker again and get banned"; I was about to send a message to the admin that shot me that one to personally delete my account, but figured it wasn't worth the effort. I'll just let the account die. It's pretty sad, too, considering the place has some of the nicest uploaders I've ever seen.

Cabalo
03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Such attitudes will be the cause of their demise.

anon
03-13-2010, 05:11 PM
moreover i think BTN has tracking scripts running and because of it they are able to find out what sites u are using and if they find u to be a member of FST then they will do following things.
(1) disable your invites

It's the power of Gazelle. :whistling

BABBY
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
(1) disable your invites

i have my own ways of understanding people, i see peoples heart and the way they communicate, i found them to be polite and humble so i have no regrets for them.
and talking about disabling my invites, i think every one has his own way of thinking and they follow whatever way they want, its better we dont speak as we dont have any powers to change any system in BTN.

Cabalo
03-14-2010, 06:39 AM
This article (http://onasoapbox.co.uk/2010/02/26/broadcasthe-net-btn-latest-fail/), in a very raw way, pretty much sums up the whole idea.

Intr4ns1t
03-14-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm a member of FST.... Do I get banned for that?

BABBY
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
friend,
i can just suggest u that u use a different browser with history function off in it.
i dont think BTN staff will ban u, they are not that bad.

Zac090
03-14-2010, 10:44 AM
friend,
i can just suggest u that u use a different browser with history function off in it.
i dont think BTN staff will ban u, they are not that bad.

:lol:

karachidude
03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
to the OP,

dude they will disable u,or will disable ur invites and for all the people in ur invite tree..they will try thier best find out who u r..that was thier policy before Backie's article came out,know i m not sure,if they are doin the same

cap87
03-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't really know how the tracker policies are about being active around invite forums and such, but i highly doubt they disable your invites just for being a member here.

Quarterquack
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm a member of FST.... Do I get banned for that?

Not if you login from your new laptop, you don't. :happy:

Zac090
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't really know how the tracker policies are about being active around invite forums and such, but i highly doubt they disable your invites just for being a member here.

They won't.Mine for instance are working fine.However they would be disabled if you try to do open giveaways :yup: (if teh staff get to know about them that is).

BABBY
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM

mine were disabled as i did not take care to use different browser with history function off. i became lazy ;)

Intr4ns1t
03-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I find your posts really confusing BABBY. You think that staff at trackers can see your browsing history in your browser just because you log in to the site with the same browser?

That1Guy
03-15-2010, 03:27 AM
There is some tracking script or something that they use on gazelle i guess? anon will explain it better Im sure.

But Im a member here.... And I still have an account. If they want to ban me for being a member here then let them. :shrug:

I havent talked to staff much so I wont judge them. (although I know one of the x staff I dont give 2 shits to ask about drama), But I do know I find myself using the tracker quite often. The site has promise.

Cabalo
03-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Gazelle has it, it come predefined with an example to btjunkie, last time I checked.

Tv Controls you
03-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Leave it up to a what.cd script to exploit your personal information

Cabalo
03-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Leave it up to a what.cd script to exploit your personal information

Not only gazelle based scripts have it.
In a flash, I know bitme, bitmetv, tophos, GFT, waffles also have it installed.

Quarterquack
03-15-2010, 05:41 AM
For what possible reason could any of those trackers need it? I've (for a certain reason) alerted GFT staff themselves of who I am on here... I'm sure if they really suspected a member of something, they could simply ask him to tell them who he is, for "security reasons" as most would put it.

Intr4ns1t
03-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Dang... I'm a staffer and that scares even me ....

Zac090
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Dang... I'm a staffer and that scares even me ....
So you mean PTN has not got the resources to check such things? :ermm:

Cabalo
03-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Every site has the resources, it's just a matter of code.
The real question is: why would they even bother or need such a feature?

BABBY
03-15-2010, 03:34 PM
to be extra causious,

In bitme i have heard that, bitme site uses this tracking feature and generally if they find that the user is using any invite forum, then staff people dont give invites to that person.

i don't know exactly, but i have heard such things.

anon
03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
There is some tracking script or something that they use on gazelle i guess? anon will explain it better Im sure.

Check the CSS leak in my sig.

By the way, the leak doesn't let staff members know if you're a member or X or Y site. It doesn't even let you read the whole browser's history. It only lets the tracker know if you have visited specific URLs in a hit-and-miss fashion. It could be set to check for FST's trading area, but that doesn't mean the user has traded or is even registered here... same goes for cheating and my board, even though a bunch of staff members think the opposite.

hotstuff
03-15-2010, 09:09 PM
i was looking for revolt forum was prommised as my other self but they never came accross

IdolEyes787
03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
i don't know exactly, but i have heard such things.

You know what they say "hearing is believing".