PDA

View Full Version : Which country do 'you' think is the best for a seedbox.

phauk
03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Hello FST,

I thought I would ask, which country in the world, with good peering, routing, low latency & general overall speed.

Focus directly on 100Mbps (mainly EU where bandwidth is cheaper) - we all know the big boys like leaseweb, ovh, server.lu, server4you, etc.

But from your experience, with whom did you get the server/seedbox?

:coffee:

usuck
03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Best Places are Sweden or Spain, because Filesharing is allowed in this Countries. Homelines are Cheap in Sweden but Servers not really. For Spain take a look at http://www.sologigabit.com/en/Dedicated-Servers.
If you need something really cheap take OVH, Leaseweb or Server.lu

Emtorro
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
"because Filesharing is allowed in this Countries."
Nope, not in Sweden.

Dimas
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
For sure the country u dont live there :)

I would say france (ovh) to have something reliable (speed price etc) but if u want to eliminate the "security-risk" search something in asia (offshore)

PerMaFrOsT
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Best Places are Sweden or Spain, because Filesharing is allowed in this Countries. Homelines are Cheap in Sweden but Servers not really. For Spain take a look at http://www.sologigabit.com/en/Dedicated-Servers.
If you need something really cheap take OVH, Leaseweb or Server.lu
Really nice company to be Spanish, if iīm not wrong they started with servers on NL, and then they bought space on a DC in Valencia, here the BW itīs really expensive and a lot of companies donīt allow torrents so it can be considered as a good option.

toti994
03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
germany has very good seed boxs

kjp
03-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I think it depends on where you live in relation to the servers, if you are talking about latency and speed. If you live in certain places in Asia; like Japan. FTTH is common, and in theory you could run a seedbox from your home. But, if your not in Asia then someplace in Europe would be the second best I believe. The Netherlands and France specifically.

Thelen
03-17-2010, 02:27 PM
LeaseWeb, Gigahosting, Keyweb, server.lu, FDC are all providers with quality networks. OVH is really only good for EU people, and even then peering can be shitty.

As for the legal side, ironically Germany is probably the worst place but seems to be the safest as well.

USA is also safe but costs more.

BABBY
03-17-2010, 07:29 PM
France

no doubt about it.

phauk
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I tend to think NL/DE are the best countries.

Dimas
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM

DE noway, everything is very restricted and well monitored. go for lu or ovh (if u want something in the EU)

BABBY
03-18-2010, 12:42 AM
I think SCC is the fastest tracker around, when ever we see the peer list of seedboxes in freeleech section that all the top 20 seedboxes are from france.

all are 1 gbps seedboxes, i have used 10 to 15 seedboxes and servers of different places (germany, usa, france nl, dl and other countries} but i always look for a seedbox which is from france and i have got excellent speed.

I can also post ss and some other examples also.

I have seen that at times the same server having same price and same specification give different performance when they are situated in different countries.

Thelen
03-18-2010, 04:25 AM

DE noway, everything is very restricted and well monitored. go for lu or ovh (if u want something in the EU)

Actually ironically with the right provider DE is perfectly good and safe. It is just a matter of finding those that are on the fringes. Netdirekt for example slips under the radar due to some legal trickery.

RastaMan
03-18-2010, 11:05 PM
seedboxhosting.net

PerMaFrOsT
03-19-2010, 11:06 AM
seedboxhosting.net
:spam:

RastaMan
03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Doh, I mis-read the title. Was asking for country. Pardon...